|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 32, Gotanda asks if the writer will trade cars with him and leaves the writer with what?
(a) A Ferrari.
(b) A Ford.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A Maserati.
2. Yuki thinks the film that she and the writer go to see in Chapter 37 is what?
3. Whom does the writer call to explain his situation from the police precinct in Chapter 21?
(b) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) Ryoichi Gotanda.
4. How does Dick die in Chapter 34?
(a) He is eaten by a shark.
(b) He is hit by a stray bullet.
(c) He is hit by a truck.
(d) He is poisoned.
5. In Chapter 34, the writer spends time with Gotanda and tells him about the first time he saw whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nicknames does the writer give to the police officers who question him in Chapter 21?
2. In Chapter 20, the writer says that his and Yuki's one-way communication isn't fair and that she should give him what?
3. The receptionist at the Dolphin Hotel tells the writer that she is now afraid to do what in Chapter 27?
4. After reviewing his statement, the police tell the writer that it is invalid if it is not what, in Chapter 22?
5. How long is the writer's statement which he must review in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yuki reveal after seeing the film "Unrequited Love" in Chapter 38?
2. What does the protagonist find when he visits Yuki in Chapter 37?
3. What first encounter does the protagonist relate to Gotanda in Chapter 34?
4. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 20? What does Yuki tell him about it?
5. What information does Bookish reveal about Mei and the investigation in Chapter 35?
6. Where does Yuki suggest she and the protagonist go on a trip in Chapter 27? Why?
7. What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki's mother in Chapter 29? How does the writer feel upon leaving?
8. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 36? Why does he go to visit Yuki?
9. What leads up to the protagonist's encounter with Gotanda in Chapter 39?
10. Who has died in Chapter 34? What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki regarding the death?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)