|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hiraku Makimura offers to pay the writer if he will __________ in Chapter 24.
(a) Help him write a book.
(b) Kill Ame.
(c) Drive his car somewhere.
(d) Look after Yuki.
2. When the police question the writer, they ask what he was doing when in Chapter 21?
(a) Two hours ago.
(b) Three weeks ago.
(c) Ten days ago.
(d) The previous night.
3. Whom does the writer call to explain his situation from the police precinct in Chapter 21?
(a) Hiraku Makimura.
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda.
4. Who does Yuki hope to visit on a trip with the writer in Chapter 27?
(b) Miss Yumiyoshi.
(d) Hiraku Makimura.
5. When Gotanda drops by in Chapter 39, he and the protagonist go out for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dick's last name in the novel?
2. Who is the murder victim the police question the writer about in Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 37, the writer visits Yuki where?
4. In Chapter 24, the writer is intrigued by Hiraku Makimura's opulent lifestyle, including __________.
5. In Chapter 34, the writer spends time with Gotanda and tells him about the first time he saw whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yuki reveal about the hotel receptionist in Chapter 27? What does the writer learn when he contacts her?
2. Where does the protagonist encounter Bookish in Chapter 35? What does Bookish say?
3. What is the protagonist's impression of the police in Chapter 21? What takes place?
4. What first encounter does the protagonist relate to Gotanda in Chapter 34?
5. What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki's mother in Chapter 29? How does the writer feel upon leaving?
6. What new character is introduced in Chapter 29? Where are they?
7. What encounter does the protagonist attempt to hide from Yuki in Chapter 29? What is her reaction?
8. What do the police ask the protagonist at the station in Chapter 21? What is his response?
9. What information does Bookish reveal about Mei and the investigation in Chapter 35?
10. Describe the continued dialogue between the police and the protagonist in Chapter 21. How does the narrator feel about his treatment?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)