|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the writer call to explain his situation from the police precinct in Chapter 21?
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) Hiraku Makimura.
2. In Chapter 23, Yuki tells the writer that he is how far behind the times?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 25 years.
3. Who does Yuki say has killed Kiki in Chapter 38?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(b) Miss Yumiyoshi.
(c) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) Hiraku Makimura.
4. What does the writer find inside an apartment after following Kiki in Chapter 30?
(a) 6 skeletons.
(b) Hundreds of rats.
(c) Piles of newspapers.
(d) Dozens of cats.
5. Yuki returns where in Chapter 33?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, the writer runs into what cop at a local store?
2. When the police question the writer, they ask what he was doing when in Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 35, the cop reveals to the writer that it is a mystery why Mei worked as what?
4. In Chapter 38, the writer takes Yuki where?
5. Gotanda talks about wanting to do what in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yuki reveal after seeing the film "Unrequited Love" in Chapter 38?
2. What conversation does the protagonist have with Yuki regarding their communication in Chapter 20?
3. What leads up to the protagonist's eventual release in Chapter 22?
4. What does the protagonist find when he visits Yuki in Chapter 37?
5. What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki's mother in Chapter 29? How does the writer feel upon leaving?
6. What is the protagonist's impression of the police in Chapter 21? What takes place?
7. Where does Yuki suggest she and the protagonist go on a trip in Chapter 27? Why?
8. How is the protagonist's interrogation described in Chapter 22?
9. What encounter does the protagonist attempt to hide from Yuki in Chapter 29? What is her reaction?
10. What first encounter does the protagonist relate to Gotanda in Chapter 34?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)