|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yuki decides to ____________ while the writer talks to Hiraku Makimura in Chapter 24.
(a) See a movie.
(b) Get some food.
(c) Take a walk on the beach.
(d) Take a cab ride.
2. Amé tells the writer that she hopes for what type of relationship with Yuki in Chapter 29?
(d) "Blood friends."
3. In Chapter 20, the writer goes to the movies to see what film?
(a) "Open and Close."
(b) "Unrequited Love."
(c) "Yesterday's Love."
4. Who does Yuki say has killed Kiki in Chapter 38?
(a) Miss Yumiyoshi.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) Hiraku Makimura.
5. What film do the writer and Yuki go to see in Chapter 37?
(a) "Yesterday's Tomorrow."
(b) "The Maltese Falcon."
(c) "To Have and Have Not."
(d) "Unrequited Love."
Short Answer Questions
1. Yuki says she wants to go where in Chapter 23?
2. Who is the murder victim the police question the writer about in Chapter 21?
3. Who does Yuki hope to visit on a trip with the writer in Chapter 27?
4. Whom does the writer find to act like a wooden figure in Chapter 37?
5. Yuki tells the writer that the receptionist's name from the Dolphin Hotel is what in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What encounter does the protagonist attempt to hide from Yuki in Chapter 29? What is her reaction?
2. What does the protagonist find when he visits Yuki in Chapter 37?
3. What conversation does the protagonist have with Yuki regarding their communication in Chapter 20?
4. What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki's mother in Chapter 29? How does the writer feel upon leaving?
5. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 20? What does Yuki tell him about it?
6. Where does the protagonist encounter Bookish in Chapter 35? What does Bookish say?
7. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 36? Why does he go to visit Yuki?
8. What new character is introduced in Chapter 29? Where are they?
9. Where does Yuki suggest she and the protagonist go on a trip in Chapter 27? Why?
10. What do the police ask the protagonist at the station in Chapter 21? What is his response?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)