|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reviewing his statement, the police tell the writer that it is invalid if it is not what, in Chapter 22?
(a) In his handwriting.
(d) Written in English.
2. In Chapter 30, who reads poetry to the writer?
(a) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) Ryoichi Gotanda.
3. Dick dies while he is out doing what in Chapter 34?
(b) Eating at a restaurant.
(c) Shopping at a market.
4. Who does the writer ask to come along on a trip with Yuki and himself in Chapter 27?
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(c) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) The Sheep Man.
5. What does the writer find inside an apartment after following Kiki in Chapter 30?
(a) Hundreds of rats.
(b) 6 skeletons.
(c) Dozens of cats.
(d) Piles of newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What film do the writer and Yuki go to see in Chapter 37?
2. Whom does the writer find to act like a wooden figure in Chapter 37?
3. In Chapter 34, the writer explains to Yuki that you can't just say mean things why?
4. How long is the writer's statement which he must review in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 37, the writer visits Yuki where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the protagonist encounter Bookish in Chapter 35? What does Bookish say?
2. Why does the protagonist agree to go on a trip with Yuki in Chapter 27? Whom does he invite to come along?
3. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 36? Why does he go to visit Yuki?
4. What new character is introduced in Chapter 29? Where are they?
5. What do the police present to the protagonist as the cause of his interrogation in Chapter 21? How does the protagonist respond?
6. What does the protagonist find when he visits Yuki in Chapter 37?
7. What leads up to the protagonist's encounter with Gotanda in Chapter 39?
8. What does Yuki reveal after seeing the film "Unrequited Love" in Chapter 38?
9. What does Yuki reveal about the hotel receptionist in Chapter 27? What does the writer learn when he contacts her?
10. What do the police ask the protagonist at the station in Chapter 21? What is his response?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)