|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 31, there is finally an article about whom in the newspaper?
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) Hiraku Makimura.
2. In Chapter 24, the writer is intrigued by Hiraku Makimura's opulent lifestyle, including __________.
(a) A Rolls Royce.
(b) His plane.
(c) A gold fountain.
(d) His valet.
3. In Chapter 35, the cop reveals to the writer that it is a mystery why Mei worked as what?
(a) An actress.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A call girl.
(d) A spy.
4. Yuki decides to ____________ while the writer talks to Hiraku Makimura in Chapter 24.
(a) Take a cab ride.
(b) Get some food.
(c) See a movie.
(d) Take a walk on the beach.
5. In Chapter 23, the writer tells Yuki about the Sheep Man and how he sort of works as ____________.
(a) A switchboard operator.
(b) A psychic.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dick die in Chapter 34?
2. In Chapter 20, the writer says that his and Yuki's one-way communication isn't fair and that she should give him what?
3. What nickname did Yuki acquire due to her sensitive observations in school?
4. Yuki says she wants to go where in Chapter 23?
5. Whom does the writer find to act like a zombie in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Bookish reveal about Mei and the investigation in Chapter 35?
2. Why does the protagonist agree to go on a trip with Yuki in Chapter 27? Whom does he invite to come along?
3. Where does Yuki suggest she and the protagonist go on a trip in Chapter 27? Why?
4. What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki's mother in Chapter 29? How does the writer feel upon leaving?
5. What does Yuki reveal about the hotel receptionist in Chapter 27? What does the writer learn when he contacts her?
6. What does the protagonist find when he visits Yuki in Chapter 37?
7. What conversation does the protagonist have with Yuki regarding their communication in Chapter 20?
8. Where does the protagonist encounter Bookish in Chapter 35? What does Bookish say?
9. How is the protagonist's interrogation described in Chapter 22?
10. What leads up to the protagonist's eventual release in Chapter 22?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)