|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the murder victim the police question the writer about in Chapter 21?
(a) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) Miss Yumiyoshi.
2. In Chapter 35, the cop reveals to the writer that it is a mystery why Mei worked as what?
(a) A call girl.
(b) A dancer.
(c) An actress.
(d) A spy.
3. What nickname did Yuki acquire due to her sensitive observations in school?
4. The receptionist at the Dolphin Hotel tells the writer that she is now afraid to do what in Chapter 27?
(a) Answer the phone.
(b) Ride the elevator.
(c) Check guests into the hotel.
(d) Go to her car after work.
5. In Chapter 32, Gotanda asks if the writer will trade cars with him and leaves the writer with what?
(a) A Ferrari.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A Maserati.
(d) A Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, there is finally an article about whom in the newspaper?
2. In Chapter 31, the writer goes where?
3. How does Yuki say Kiki died in Chapter 38?
4. In Chapter 23, Yuki tells the writer that he is how far behind the times?
5. When Gotanda drops by in Chapter 39, he and the protagonist go out for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to the protagonist's eventual release in Chapter 22?
2. Why does the protagonist agree to go on a trip with Yuki in Chapter 27? Whom does he invite to come along?
3. What do the police ask the protagonist at the station in Chapter 21? What is his response?
4. Who has died in Chapter 34? What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki regarding the death?
5. Where does Yuki suggest she and the protagonist go on a trip in Chapter 27? Why?
6. What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki's mother in Chapter 29? How does the writer feel upon leaving?
7. What new character is introduced in Chapter 29? Where are they?
8. What does Yuki reveal after seeing the film "Unrequited Love" in Chapter 38?
9. What happens when the protagonist spots Kiki in Chapter 30? Where does this encounter lead him?
10. How does the relationship between the protagonist and Dick progress in Chapter 30?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)