|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, who reads poetry to the writer?
(a) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) Hiraku Makimura.
2. Dick dies while he is out doing what in Chapter 34?
(a) Eating at a restaurant.
(b) Shopping at a market.
3. Who does the writer ask to come along on a trip with Yuki and himself in Chapter 27?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) Hiraku Makimura.
4. Hiraku Makimura offers to pay the writer if he will __________ in Chapter 24.
(a) Look after Yuki.
(b) Drive his car somewhere.
(c) Help him write a book.
(d) Kill Ame.
5. In Chapter 36, it has been how long since the writer has worked?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 25 days.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 2.5 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reviewing his statement, the police tell the writer that it is invalid if it is not what, in Chapter 22?
2. In Chapter 38, the writer takes Yuki where?
3. How does Dick die in Chapter 34?
4. Whose death is discussed by the writer and Gotanda in Chapter 26?
5. Gotanda talks about wanting to do what in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the protagonist's interrogation described in Chapter 22?
2. What do the police ask the protagonist at the station in Chapter 21? What is his response?
3. What first encounter does the protagonist relate to Gotanda in Chapter 34?
4. What new character is introduced in Chapter 29? Where are they?
5. Where does the protagonist encounter Bookish in Chapter 35? What does Bookish say?
6. What happens when the protagonist spots Kiki in Chapter 30? Where does this encounter lead him?
7. What does Yuki reveal after seeing the film "Unrequited Love" in Chapter 38?
8. What encounter does the protagonist attempt to hide from Yuki in Chapter 29? What is her reaction?
9. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 36? Why does he go to visit Yuki?
10. What is the protagonist's impression of the police in Chapter 21? What takes place?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)