|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he is released from the police station in Chapter 23, the writer thinks of whom and wonders if she too will be killed?
(c) Miss Yumiyoshi.
2. After reviewing his statement, the police tell the writer that it is invalid if it is not what, in Chapter 22?
(b) Written in English.
(d) In his handwriting.
3. How long is the writer's statement which he must review in Chapter 22?
(a) 40 pages.
(b) 5 pages.
(c) 125 pages.
(d) 17 pages.
4. What does the writer find written on a scrap of paper and left on the windowsill in an apartment building in Chapter 30?
(a) A phone number.
(b) An address.
(c) A name.
5. In Chapter 32, Gotanda asks if the writer will trade cars with him and leaves the writer with what?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Ferrari.
(c) A Maserati.
(d) A Mercedes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yuki tells the writer that the receptionist's name from the Dolphin Hotel is what in Chapter 27?
2. In Chapter 36, it has been how long since the writer has worked?
3. When the police question the writer, they ask what he was doing when in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 38, the writer takes Yuki where?
5. How many mysterious call girls are involved which the writer tries to sort out in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does the protagonist have with Yuki regarding their communication in Chapter 20?
2. What first encounter does the protagonist relate to Gotanda in Chapter 34?
3. Where does the protagonist encounter Bookish in Chapter 35? What does Bookish say?
4. How does the relationship between the protagonist and Dick progress in Chapter 30?
5. Where does Yuki suggest she and the protagonist go on a trip in Chapter 27? Why?
6. What do the police ask the protagonist at the station in Chapter 21? What is his response?
7. What happens when the protagonist spots Kiki in Chapter 30? Where does this encounter lead him?
8. What does the protagonist find when he visits Yuki in Chapter 37?
9. What does Yuki reveal after seeing the film "Unrequited Love" in Chapter 38?
10. How is the protagonist's interrogation described in Chapter 22?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)