|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the police question the writer, they ask what he was doing when in Chapter 21?
(a) The previous night.
(b) Ten days ago.
(c) Two hours ago.
(d) Three weeks ago.
2. How does Yuki say Kiki died in Chapter 38?
(a) She was clubbed.
(b) She was stabbed.
(c) She was strangled.
(d) She was shot.
3. What season is it in Chapter 25?
4. Whom does the writer call to explain his situation from the police precinct in Chapter 21?
(c) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) Hiraku Makimura.
5. After he is released from the police station in Chapter 23, the writer thinks of whom and wonders if she too will be killed?
(b) Miss Yumiyoshi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, the writer offers to drive Gotanda where?
2. Hiraku Makimura offers to pay the writer if he will __________ in Chapter 24.
3. In Chapter 29, alone at the hotel, the writer is greeted by a woman named what?
4. In Chapter 35, the cop reveals to the writer that Mei came from what?
5. Where does Yuki suggest she and the writer take a trip in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does the protagonist have with Yuki regarding their communication in Chapter 20?
2. What is the protagonist's impression of the police in Chapter 21? What takes place?
3. Describe the continued dialogue between the police and the protagonist in Chapter 21. How does the narrator feel about his treatment?
4. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 20? What does Yuki tell him about it?
5. What do the police ask the protagonist at the station in Chapter 21? What is his response?
6. Where does Yuki suggest she and the protagonist go on a trip in Chapter 27? Why?
7. What leads up to the protagonist's eventual release in Chapter 22?
8. What new character is introduced in Chapter 29? Where are they?
9. What happens when the protagonist spots Kiki in Chapter 30? Where does this encounter lead him?
10. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 36? Why does he go to visit Yuki?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)