|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yuki tells the writer that the receptionist's name from the Dolphin Hotel is what in Chapter 27?
(a) Miss Yumiyoshi.
(c) Ryoichi Gotanda.
2. In Chapter 36, Yuki says that who is just sitting around kind of spacing out?
(c) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) Ryoichi Gotanda.
3. Dick dies while he is out doing what in Chapter 34?
(a) Shopping at a market.
(c) Eating at a restaurant.
4. In Chapter 31, the writer goes where?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The library.
(d) A hotel.
5. In Chapter 23, Yuki tells the writer that he is how far behind the times?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 50 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, the writer is intrigued by Hiraku Makimura's opulent lifestyle, including __________.
2. In Chapter 30, who reads poetry to the writer?
3. Who is the murder victim the police question the writer about in Chapter 21?
4. Yuki thinks the film that she and the writer go to see in Chapter 37 is what?
5. Who does Yuki hope to visit on a trip with the writer in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police ask the protagonist at the station in Chapter 21? What is his response?
2. What encounter does the protagonist attempt to hide from Yuki in Chapter 29? What is her reaction?
3. Why does the protagonist agree to go on a trip with Yuki in Chapter 27? Whom does he invite to come along?
4. Who has died in Chapter 34? What conversation takes place between the protagonist and Yuki regarding the death?
5. What first encounter does the protagonist relate to Gotanda in Chapter 34?
6. Describe the continued dialogue between the police and the protagonist in Chapter 21. How does the narrator feel about his treatment?
7. How is the protagonist's interrogation described in Chapter 22?
8. What leads up to the protagonist's eventual release in Chapter 22?
9. Where does Yuki suggest she and the protagonist go on a trip in Chapter 27? Why?
10. What conversation does the protagonist have with Yuki regarding their communication in Chapter 20?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)