|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the writer see seducing a woman in the film in Chapter 14?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(c) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) Ryoichi Gotanda.
2. In Chapter 12, the writer returns to the bedroom and is plagued by what?
3. The protagonist's job consisted mostly of what type of work in the beginning, as described in Chapter 3?
(a) PR work.
(b) Construction work.
(c) Computer work.
4. How long has the film been playing when the writer decides to watch it in Chapter 14?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 7 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 12 minutes.
5. The protagonist makes an analogy of the Dolphin Hotel to what in Chapter 1?
(a) A button.
(b) A dungeon.
(c) A match.
(d) A castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is how many stories tall in Chapter 4?
2. Where do the writer and photographer arrive in the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 9, the writer is restless and wishes that the receptionist did not have what that night?
4. What pet did the protagonist have which died in his flashback in Chapter 2?
5. What word refers to people or works that are experimental or innovative, particularly with respect to art, culture, and politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does the hotel receptionist ask of the protagonist in Chapter 15? What is his response?
2. How does the relationship between the protagonist and Dick progress in Chapter 30?
3. What events take place when the protagonist awakens in Chapter 14?
4. How does the protagonist describe Ryoichi Gotanda in Chapter 8?
5. Where does the author arrive in Chapter 4? What does he do after arriving?
6. Where does the protagonist tell his business associates he must go in Chapter 3? Why?
7. What does the protagonist ask of his former business partner in Chapter 8?
8. Who has died in Chapter 40? What is the protagonist's reaction?
9. What is the protagonist's emotional state in Chapter 36? Why does he go to visit Yuki?
10. How does the protagonist describe the interior of the hotel in Chapter 5?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)