|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the protagonist go on assignment in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 9, the narrator has an eerie experience on what floor of the hotel?
3. Whom does the writer promise to have dinner with when he returns in Chapter 15?
(b) The hotel manager.
(c) The Sheep Man.
(d) The receptionist.
4. Where does the narrator go to find the news article about the selling of the hotel in Chapter 7?
(a) The library.
(b) The newspaper headquarters.
(c) A local historian.
(d) A used bookstore.
5. Whom does Yuki mention which chills the writer in Chapter 19?
(b) Miss Yumiyoshi.
(c) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) The Sheep Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only item of furniture in the Sheep Man's room?
2. The narrator refers to his job as shoveling what in Chapter 2?
3. How old is the girl that the narrator sees in the bar in Chapter 6?
4. What is the profession of Yuki's father in the novel?
5. In Chapter 15, the writer is asked to accompany a young girl on a flight because the girl's mother had left her there to take an assignment where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the hotel receptionist speak under false pretenses in Chapter 7?
2. What favor does the hotel receptionist ask of the protagonist in Chapter 15? What is his response?
3. How does the protagonist feel when he returns to his hotel room in Chapter 12? When does he sleep and awaken?
4. Where does the protagonist decide to go after his assignment ends in Chapter 4? What does he find upon arrival?
5. When did the protagonist re-enter society after his depression, as described in Chapter 2?
6. Where does the protagonist arrive in Chapter 16? Where does he decide to stay?
7. How does the narrator pass his day in Chapter 7? What are his emotions like?
8. On what assignment does the protagonist go in Chapter 2? How does he describe his job?
9. What jealousies consume the protagonist in Chapter 14? Why?
10. How does the protagonist describe Ryoichi Gotanda in Chapter 8?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)