|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer sit on in the strange room in Chapter 11?
(a) A stool.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A chair.
2. Who is the actress the writer sees being seduced in the film in Chapter 14?
(d) Miss Yumiyoshi.
3. What causes the writer to leave the Sheep Man's room in Chapter 11?
(a) It gets very dark.
(b) It gets very bright.
(c) The temperature drops.
(d) The temperature rises.
4. After dinner Yuki insists that the writer take a drive so that they can do what in Chapter 19?
(a) Look for her mother.
(b) Look at the sunset.
(d) Listen to music.
5. When does the receptionist wake up the writer in Chapter 12?
(a) 3 p.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers the door when the writers knocks in Chapter 10?
2. The narrator considers what to be a stupid name for a band in Chapter 6?
3. What pet did the protagonist have which died in his flashback in Chapter 2?
4. Where does the writer have breakfast in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 9, the writer develops an elaborate fantasy about an actress playing what historical figure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator compare the old Dolphin Hotel to its replacement in Chapter 6?
2. What favor does the hotel receptionist ask of the protagonist in Chapter 15? What is his response?
3. How does the narrator describe the Dolphin Hotel in Chapter 1?
4. What led to a previous depression of the protagonist's, as described in Chapter 2?
5. What fantasy consumes the protagonist in Chapter 9?
6. On what assignment does the protagonist go in Chapter 2? How does he describe his job?
7. What causes the protagonist to encounter "Unrequited Love" in Chapter 14? What is his reaction to the film?
8. How does the narrator pass his day in Chapter 7? What are his emotions like?
9. How is the protagonist of the novel introduced in Chapter 1? What is he obsessed with in the beginning of the narrative?
10. How does the hotel receptionist describe her experience on the sixteenth floor in Chapter 7?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)