|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the bartender say the girl at the bar is waiting for in Chapter 6?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
2. Where do the writer and the girl arrive in Chapter 16?
3. What is the only item of furniture in the Sheep Man's room?
(a) A writing desk.
(b) A couch.
(c) A round table.
(d) A bed.
4. The protagonist tells his business connections that he must go where in Chapter 3?
5. The assignment the protagonist goes on in Chapter 2 involves writing for what?
(a) A kid's magazine.
(b) A daily newspaper.
(c) A women's magazine.
(d) A scientific journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner Yuki insists that the writer take a drive so that they can do what in Chapter 19?
2. In Chapter 15, the writer decides to book a flight where?
3. Whom does the writer promise to have dinner with when he returns in Chapter 15?
4. In describing Ryoichi Gotanda, the writer comments that he never understood how someone could be so what?
5. In what country is the novel set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What jealousies consume the protagonist in Chapter 14? Why?
2. When did the protagonist re-enter society after his depression, as described in Chapter 2?
3. How does the protagonist describe the interior of the hotel in Chapter 5?
4. How does the narrator pass his day in Chapter 7? What are his emotions like?
5. Why does the hotel receptionist speak under false pretenses in Chapter 7?
6. Where does the protagonist arrive in Chapter 16? Where does he decide to stay?
7. How does the protagonist describe Ryoichi Gotanda in Chapter 8?
8. Where does the author arrive in Chapter 4? What does he do after arriving?
9. Where does the protagonist decide to go after his assignment ends in Chapter 4? What does he find upon arrival?
10. What thoughts consume the protagonist in Chapter 13? Why?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)