|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the writer to leave the Sheep Man's room in Chapter 11?
(a) It gets very bright.
(b) The temperature drops.
(c) It gets very dark.
(d) The temperature rises.
2. What kind of car does the protagonist drive?
3. In Chapter 9, the narrator has an eerie experience on what floor of the hotel?
4. After dinner Yuki insists that the writer take a drive so that they can do what in Chapter 19?
(b) Look at the sunset.
(c) Listen to music.
(d) Look for her mother.
5. The interior of the hotel in Chapter 5 is described as what by the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist tells his business connections that he must go where in Chapter 3?
2. In describing Ryoichi Gotanda, the writer comments that he never understood how someone could be so what?
3. What is the profession of the protagonist in the novel?
4. In Chapter 9, the writer develops an elaborate fantasy about an actress playing what historical figure?
5. The Sheep Man's world is a place in the shadows where people go when they need to find out what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What jealousies consume the protagonist in Chapter 14? Why?
2. What led to a previous depression of the protagonist's, as described in Chapter 2?
3. What fantasy consumes the protagonist in Chapter 9?
4. How does the narrator describe the Dolphin Hotel in Chapter 1?
5. What thoughts consume the protagonist in Chapter 13? Why?
6. How does the narrator compare the old Dolphin Hotel to its replacement in Chapter 6?
7. What events take place when the protagonist awakens in Chapter 14?
8. Where does the protagonist tell his business associates he must go in Chapter 3? Why?
9. How does the narrator pass his day in Chapter 7? What are his emotions like?
10. Where does the author arrive in Chapter 4? What does he do after arriving?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)