|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, the writer is asked to accompany a young girl on a flight because the girl's mother had left her there to take an assignment where?
2. Who is the actress the writer sees being seduced in the film in Chapter 14?
(a) Miss Yumiyoshi.
3. Who does the bartender say the girl at the bar is waiting for in Chapter 6?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. What word refers to people or works that are experimental or innovative, particularly with respect to art, culture, and politics?
5. What does the writer sit on in the strange room in Chapter 11?
(a) A stool.
(b) A pillow.
(d) A chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the receptionist wake up the writer in Chapter 12?
2. For how long did the protagonist remain reclusive following his divorce and depression, as described in Chapter 2?
3. When the receptionist comes to talk to the writer in Chapter 7, he cannot get what individual out of his mind?
4. At what time does the writer go to dinner in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 9, the writer develops an elaborate fantasy about an actress playing what historical figure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the protagonist feel when he returns to his hotel room in Chapter 12? When does he sleep and awaken?
2. What stranger does the writer feel a strange connection with in Chapter 6?
3. What does the protagonist discover at the library in Chapter 7?
4. How does Yuki describe her relationship with her parents in Chapter 16?
5. What thoughts consume the protagonist in Chapter 13? Why?
6. What does the protagonist ask of his former business partner in Chapter 8?
7. What fantasy consumes the protagonist in Chapter 9?
8. What favor does the hotel receptionist ask of the protagonist in Chapter 15? What is his response?
9. When did the protagonist re-enter society after his depression, as described in Chapter 2?
10. What jealousies consume the protagonist in Chapter 14? Why?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)