|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the novel set?
(a) South Korea.
2. In Chapter 15, the writer is asked to accompany a young girl on a flight because the girl's mother had left her there to take an assignment where?
3. What kind of car does the protagonist drive?
4. The assignment the protagonist goes on in Chapter 2 involves writing about what?
5. The Sheep Man tells the writer that his people were chased where long ago in Chapter 11?
(a) The desert.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The woods.
(d) The swamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the writer have breakfast in Chapter 14?
2. How old is the girl that the narrator sees in the bar in Chapter 6?
3. What word refers to people or works that are experimental or innovative, particularly with respect to art, culture, and politics?
4. What is the profession of Yuki's mother in the novel?
5. The receptionist at the hotel had a strange experience on what floor, as related in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the protagonist to encounter "Unrequited Love" in Chapter 14? What is his reaction to the film?
2. What events take place when the protagonist awakens in Chapter 14?
3. How does the narrator pass his day in Chapter 7? What are his emotions like?
4. How does the protagonist describe Ryoichi Gotanda in Chapter 8?
5. Where does the protagonist arrive in Chapter 16? Where does he decide to stay?
6. What stranger does the writer feel a strange connection with in Chapter 6?
7. What thoughts consume the protagonist in Chapter 13? Why?
8. Where does the protagonist tell his business associates he must go in Chapter 3? Why?
9. Why does the hotel receptionist speak under false pretenses in Chapter 7?
10. How does the hotel receptionist describe her experience on the sixteenth floor in Chapter 7?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)