|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Yuki's mother in the novel?
2. What does the writer sit on in the strange room in Chapter 11?
(a) A chair.
(c) A stool.
(d) A pillow.
3. For how long did the protagonist remain reclusive following his divorce and depression, as described in Chapter 2?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 1 year.
4. What is the name of the woman who lived with the writer at the Dolphin Hotel?
5. How old is the girl that the narrator sees in the bar in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the receptionist visits the writer in Chapter 12, he keeps mentioning what creature?
2. What is the name of Yuki's mother in the novel?
3. Who answers the door when the writers knocks in Chapter 10?
4. What is the narrative voice of the novel?
5. In Chapter 12, the writer returns to the bedroom and is plagued by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yuki describe her relationship with her parents in Chapter 16?
2. What jealousies consume the protagonist in Chapter 14? Why?
3. What events take place when the protagonist awakens in Chapter 14?
4. How does the narrator describe the Dolphin Hotel in Chapter 1?
5. How does the protagonist feel when he returns to his hotel room in Chapter 12? When does he sleep and awaken?
6. How does the protagonist describe the interior of the hotel in Chapter 5?
7. How does the protagonist describe Ryoichi Gotanda in Chapter 8?
8. What does the protagonist discover at the library in Chapter 7?
9. How does the narrator compare the old Dolphin Hotel to its replacement in Chapter 6?
10. What favor does the hotel receptionist ask of the protagonist in Chapter 15? What is his response?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)