|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the writer step inside to use the restroom during his walk in Chapter 14?
(a) A police station.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A library.
2. What pet did the protagonist have which died in his flashback in Chapter 2?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) An iguana.
(d) A cat.
3. The assignment the protagonist goes on in Chapter 2 involves writing for what?
(a) A scientific journal.
(b) A women's magazine.
(c) A daily newspaper.
(d) A kid's magazine.
4. When the protagonist thinks of the Dolphin Hotel in Chapter 1, he recalls it as being what?
(a) A skyscraper.
(c) A dive.
5. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is how many stories tall in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. The writer and photographer take a day after the assignment to do what in Chapter 4?
2. In what country is the novel set?
3. The protagonist's job consisted mostly of what type of work in the beginning, as described in Chapter 3?
4. Whom does the writer promise to have dinner with when he returns in Chapter 15?
5. What is the young girl doing the following morning when the narrator sees her again in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stranger does the writer feel a strange connection with in Chapter 6?
2. How does the narrator describe the Dolphin Hotel in Chapter 1?
3. When did the protagonist re-enter society after his depression, as described in Chapter 2?
4. How does the hotel receptionist describe her experience on the sixteenth floor in Chapter 7?
5. Where does the protagonist decide to go after his assignment ends in Chapter 4? What does he find upon arrival?
6. How does the narrator pass his day in Chapter 7? What are his emotions like?
7. How does the protagonist describe his entrance into his profession in Chapter 3?
8. How is the protagonist of the novel introduced in Chapter 1? What is he obsessed with in the beginning of the narrative?
9. Where does the author arrive in Chapter 4? What does he do after arriving?
10. What does the protagonist discover at the library in Chapter 7?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)