|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to people or works that are experimental or innovative, particularly with respect to art, culture, and politics?
2. What literary style does the narrator describe as rhetoric for rhetoric's sake in Chapter 17?
(c) Western modernist.
(d) French nouvelle vague.
3. The young girl tells the writer that she and her mother have a place to stay where in Chapter 16?
4. For how long does the narrator say he stood staring agape at the building in Chapter 4?
(a) 23 minutes.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 20 seconds.
5. When the receptionist visits the writer in Chapter 12, he keeps mentioning what creature?
(a) A gray gorilla.
(b) A blue parrot.
(c) A green fish.
(d) A red spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the writer step inside to use the restroom during his walk in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 9, the writer is restless and wishes that the receptionist did not have what that night?
3. Whom does the writer see seducing a woman in the film in Chapter 14?
4. The protagonist tells his business connections that he must go where in Chapter 3?
5. The receptionist at the hotel had a strange experience on what floor, as related in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator pass his day in Chapter 7? What are his emotions like?
2. What fantasy consumes the protagonist in Chapter 9?
3. Where does the protagonist tell his business associates he must go in Chapter 3? Why?
4. What thoughts consume the protagonist in Chapter 13? Why?
5. What stranger does the writer feel a strange connection with in Chapter 6?
6. What jealousies consume the protagonist in Chapter 14? Why?
7. What events take place when the protagonist awakens in Chapter 14?
8. What led to a previous depression of the protagonist's, as described in Chapter 2?
9. What does the protagonist discover at the library in Chapter 7?
10. How is the protagonist of the novel introduced in Chapter 1? What is he obsessed with in the beginning of the narrative?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)