|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick dies while he is out doing what in Chapter 34?
(a) Shopping at a market.
(c) Eating at a restaurant.
2. Yuki decides to ____________ while the writer talks to Hiraku Makimura in Chapter 24.
(a) Take a walk on the beach.
(b) See a movie.
(c) Get some food.
(d) Take a cab ride.
3. How does Dick die in Chapter 34?
(a) He is hit by a truck.
(b) He is eaten by a shark.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He is hit by a stray bullet.
4. What does the writer find inside an apartment after following Kiki in Chapter 30?
(a) Dozens of cats.
(b) Hundreds of rats.
(c) 6 skeletons.
(d) Piles of newspapers.
5. Gotanda talks about wanting to do what in Chapter 34?
(c) Street performance.
6. In Chapter 29, Yuki and the writer make a trip to visit Amé where they meet her newest conquest, a one-armed poet named what?
7. What nicknames does the writer give to the police officers who question him in Chapter 21?
(a) Fisherman and Bookish.
(b) Frog and weasel.
(c) John and Jack.
(d) Jerk and thug.
8. Who has sent a call girl to the writer's room in Chapter 29?
(a) Hiraku Makimura.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(d) Ryoichi Gotanda.
9. In Chapter 33, the writer's life is relatively normal although he does not what?
(a) Speak with Gotanda.
(b) Talk to his family.
(c) Call his mother.
10. In Chapter 36, Yuki says that who is just sitting around kind of spacing out?
(a) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(b) Hiraku Makimura.
11. Yuki says she wants to go where in Chapter 23?
12. Yuki thinks the film that she and the writer go to see in Chapter 37 is what?
13. In Chapter 26, the writer offers to drive Gotanda where?
14. In Chapter 35, the cop reveals to the writer that it is a mystery why Mei worked as what?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A spy.
(c) An actress.
(d) A call girl.
15. In Chapter 29, alone at the hotel, the writer is greeted by a woman named what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What film do the writer and Yuki go to see in Chapter 37?
2. How long is the writer's statement which he must review in Chapter 22?
3. Whose death is discussed by the writer and Gotanda in Chapter 26?
4. In Chapter 33, the writer begins to try to connect things together with what?
5. What nickname did Yuki acquire due to her sensitive observations in school?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)