|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 28, Yuki and the writer go where?
2. The receptionist at the Dolphin Hotel tells the writer that she is now afraid to do what in Chapter 27?
(a) Check guests into the hotel.
(b) Ride the elevator.
(c) Answer the phone.
(d) Go to her car after work.
3. Where do Yuki and the writer go after leaving Hiraku Makimura's house in Chapter 25?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the beach.
(d) To the movies.
4. In Chapter 35, the cop reveals to the writer that it is a mystery why Mei worked as what?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A call girl.
(c) An actress.
(d) A spy.
5. Gotanda talks about wanting to do what in Chapter 34?
(b) Street performance.
6. In Chapter 31, there is finally an article about whom in the newspaper?
(a) Hiraku Makimura.
(c) Ryoichi Gotanda.
7. Dick dies while he is out doing what in Chapter 34?
(a) Eating at a restaurant.
(b) Shopping at a market.
8. What nickname did Yuki acquire due to her sensitive observations in school?
9. Yuki decides to ____________ while the writer talks to Hiraku Makimura in Chapter 24.
(a) Take a cab ride.
(b) Take a walk on the beach.
(c) See a movie.
(d) Get some food.
10. In Chapter 32, Gotanda asks if the writer will trade cars with him and leaves the writer with what?
(a) A Mercedes.
(b) A Ferrari.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Maserati.
11. In Chapter 38, the writer takes Yuki where?
(a) To an amusement park.
(b) To a parade.
(c) To a bowling alley.
(d) To the beach.
12. After he is released from the police station in Chapter 23, the writer thinks of whom and wonders if she too will be killed?
(a) Miss Yumiyoshi.
13. How does Yuki say Kiki died in Chapter 38?
(a) She was strangled.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She was clubbed.
14. Yuki says she wants to go where in Chapter 23?
15. In Chapter 34, the writer explains to Yuki that you can't just say mean things why?
(a) You don't have all the information.
(b) It makes your target better than you.
(c) It's only your opinion.
(d) You can't take them back.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34, the writer spends time with Gotanda and tells him about the first time he saw whom?
2. What does the writer find written on a scrap of paper and left on the windowsill in an apartment building in Chapter 30?
3. What does the writer find inside an apartment after following Kiki in Chapter 30?
4. What film do the writer and Yuki go to see in Chapter 37?
5. In Chapter 26, the writer knows that Gotanda is innocent and did not want to do what?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)