|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the writer ask to come along on a trip with Yuki and himself in Chapter 27?
(a) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) Hiraku Makimura.
2. How does Dick die in Chapter 34?
(a) He is hit by a truck.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is eaten by a shark.
(d) He is hit by a stray bullet.
3. What season is it in Chapter 25?
4. Dick dies while he is out doing what in Chapter 34?
(b) Eating at a restaurant.
(c) Shopping at a market.
5. Who does Yuki say has killed Kiki in Chapter 38?
(a) Hiraku Makimura.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) Miss Yumiyoshi.
6. Whom does the writer call to explain his situation from the police precinct in Chapter 21?
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) Hiraku Makimura.
7. In Chapter 26, the writer knows that Gotanda is innocent and did not want to do what?
(a) Steal his girlfriend.
(b) Ruin his career.
(c) Distrust him.
(d) Insult his character.
8. When Gotanda drops by in Chapter 39, he and the protagonist go out for what?
9. Hiraku Makimura offers to pay the writer if he will __________ in Chapter 24.
(a) Help him write a book.
(b) Kill Ame.
(c) Look after Yuki.
(d) Drive his car somewhere.
10. What sport do Hiraku Makimura and the writer discuss in Chapter 24?
(b) Car racing.
11. The receptionist at the Dolphin Hotel tells the writer that she is now afraid to do what in Chapter 27?
(a) Answer the phone.
(b) Check guests into the hotel.
(c) Go to her car after work.
(d) Ride the elevator.
12. In Chapter 28, Yuki and the writer go where?
13. In Chapter 34, the writer explains to Yuki that you can't just say mean things why?
(a) You don't have all the information.
(b) You can't take them back.
(c) It's only your opinion.
(d) It makes your target better than you.
14. What nickname did Yuki acquire due to her sensitive observations in school?
15. In Chapter 20, the writer goes to the movies to see what film?
(a) "Open and Close."
(b) "Yesterday's Love."
(c) "Unrequited Love."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yuki hope to visit on a trip with the writer in Chapter 27?
2. What object did the police find to tie the writer to the murder victim in Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 26, the writer offers to drive Gotanda where?
4. In Chapter 37, the writer recommends that Yuki return where for a few days?
5. In Chapter 21, the police arrive at the writer's apartment and ask him to go where with them?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)