|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 38, the writer takes Yuki where?
(a) To a bowling alley.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To a parade.
(d) To an amusement park.
2. In Chapter 31, the writer leaves a message for whom?
(b) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) Ryoichi Gotanda.
3. Dick dies while he is out doing what in Chapter 34?
(a) Eating at a restaurant.
(b) Shopping at a market.
4. What does the writer find written on a scrap of paper and left on the windowsill in an apartment building in Chapter 30?
(b) A name.
(c) A phone number.
(d) An address.
5. Yuki says she wants to go where in Chapter 23?
6. In Chapter 20, the writer says that his and Yuki's one-way communication isn't fair and that she should give him what?
(a) A letter.
(b) A phone number.
(c) A name.
(d) An address.
7. Yuki decides to ____________ while the writer talks to Hiraku Makimura in Chapter 24.
(a) Get some food.
(b) See a movie.
(c) Take a cab ride.
(d) Take a walk on the beach.
8. Who is the murder victim the police question the writer about in Chapter 21?
(c) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) Miss Yumiyoshi.
9. In Chapter 32, Gotanda asks if the writer will trade cars with him and leaves the writer with what?
(a) A Maserati.
(b) A Ferrari.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A Ford.
10. Where does Yuki suggest she and the writer take a trip in Chapter 27?
11. How long is the writer's statement which he must review in Chapter 22?
(a) 17 pages.
(b) 125 pages.
(c) 5 pages.
(d) 40 pages.
12. In Chapter 35, the cop reveals to the writer that Mei came from what?
(a) A slave cartel.
(b) A drug cartel.
(c) A wealthy family.
(d) Relative poverty.
13. In Chapter 34, the writer spends time with Gotanda and tells him about the first time he saw whom?
14. What nicknames does the writer give to the police officers who question him in Chapter 21?
(a) Jerk and thug.
(b) John and Jack.
(c) Frog and weasel.
(d) Fisherman and Bookish.
15. In Chapter 33, the writer begins to try to connect things together with what?
(a) "The CIA."
(b) "The Assimilation."
(c) "The Cult."
(d) "The Organization."
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the writer call to explain his situation from the police precinct in Chapter 21?
2. After he is released from the police station in Chapter 23, the writer thinks of whom and wonders if she too will be killed?
3. Gotanda talks about wanting to do what in Chapter 34?
4. In Chapter 30, the writer and Yuki are driving where when the writer sees Kiki on the street?
5. In Chapter 37, the writer visits Yuki where?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)