|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, the writer is intrigued by Hiraku Makimura's opulent lifestyle, including __________.
(a) A gold fountain.
(b) A Rolls Royce.
(c) His valet.
(d) His plane.
2. In Chapter 39, the writer spends how many days in his apartment, not eating, drinking or sleeping?
3. In Chapter 23, Yuki tells the writer that he is how far behind the times?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 35 years.
4. Whom does the writer call to explain his situation from the police precinct in Chapter 21?
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(c) Hiraku Makimura.
5. What does the writer find written on a scrap of paper and left on the windowsill in an apartment building in Chapter 30?
(a) An address.
(b) A phone number.
(c) A name.
6. After he is released from the police station in Chapter 23, the writer thinks of whom and wonders if she too will be killed?
(b) Miss Yumiyoshi.
7. In Chapter 26, the writer offers to drive Gotanda where?
8. In Chapter 28, Yuki and the writer go where?
9. What season is it in Chapter 25?
10. In Chapter 35, the cop reveals to the writer that Mei came from what?
(a) A wealthy family.
(b) Relative poverty.
(c) A drug cartel.
(d) A slave cartel.
11. What nickname did Yuki acquire due to her sensitive observations in school?
12. Yuki thinks the film that she and the writer go to see in Chapter 37 is what?
13. In Chapter 20, the writer says that his and Yuki's one-way communication isn't fair and that she should give him what?
(a) A letter.
(b) A phone number.
(c) An address.
(d) A name.
14. At the movies, Yuki doubles over in pain when whose scene comes on in Chapter 37?
(a) Hiraku Makimura's.
(c) Ryoichi Gotanda's.
15. In Chapter 35, the writer runs into what cop at a local store?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, the writer goes to the movies to see what film?
2. Where does Yuki suggest she and the writer take a trip in Chapter 27?
3. Whose death is discussed by the writer and Gotanda in Chapter 26?
4. How does Yuki say Kiki died in Chapter 38?
5. Who does Yuki hope to visit on a trip with the writer in Chapter 27?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)