|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to pay for the entire trip for Yuki and the writer in Chapter 27?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(c) Miss Yumiyoshi.
(d) Hiraku Makimura.
2. In Chapter 32, Gotanda asks if the writer will trade cars with him and leaves the writer with what?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Maserati.
(c) A Ferrari.
(d) A Mercedes.
3. Yuki returns where in Chapter 33?
4. In Chapter 26, the writer knows that Gotanda is innocent and did not want to do what?
(a) Steal his girlfriend.
(b) Distrust him.
(c) Ruin his career.
(d) Insult his character.
5. What sport do Hiraku Makimura and the writer discuss in Chapter 24?
(b) Car racing.
6. What is Dick's last name in the novel?
7. Yuki decides to ____________ while the writer talks to Hiraku Makimura in Chapter 24.
(a) Take a cab ride.
(b) Take a walk on the beach.
(c) See a movie.
(d) Get some food.
8. Yuki tells the writer that the receptionist's name from the Dolphin Hotel is what in Chapter 27?
(a) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(b) Miss Yumiyoshi.
9. Gotanda talks about wanting to do what in Chapter 34?
(b) Street performance.
10. What object did the police find to tie the writer to the murder victim in Chapter 21?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His business card.
(c) His watch.
(d) His hat.
11. How long is the writer's statement which he must review in Chapter 22?
(a) 40 pages.
(b) 125 pages.
(c) 5 pages.
(d) 17 pages.
12. Who does Yuki say has killed Kiki in Chapter 38?
(a) Miss Yumiyoshi.
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(c) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) The Sheep Man.
13. What does the writer find written on a scrap of paper and left on the windowsill in an apartment building in Chapter 30?
(a) An address.
(c) A name.
(d) A phone number.
14. In Chapter 26, the writer offers to drive Gotanda where?
15. In Chapter 34, the writer explains to Yuki that you can't just say mean things why?
(a) You don't have all the information.
(b) It makes your target better than you.
(c) It's only your opinion.
(d) You can't take them back.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 33, the writer's life is relatively normal although he does not what?
2. In Chapter 35, the writer runs into what cop at a local store?
3. In Chapter 24, the writer is intrigued by Hiraku Makimura's opulent lifestyle, including __________.
4. What does the writer find inside an apartment after following Kiki in Chapter 30?
5. In Chapter 33, the writer begins to try to connect things together with what?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)