|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, the cop reveals to the writer that Mei came from what?
(a) Relative poverty.
(b) A slave cartel.
(c) A drug cartel.
(d) A wealthy family.
2. Hiraku Makimura offers to pay the writer if he will __________ in Chapter 24.
(a) Look after Yuki.
(b) Drive his car somewhere.
(c) Help him write a book.
(d) Kill Ame.
3. How many mysterious call girls are involved which the writer tries to sort out in Chapter 33?
4. After he is released from the police station in Chapter 23, the writer thinks of whom and wonders if she too will be killed?
(c) Miss Yumiyoshi.
5. Yuki thinks the film that she and the writer go to see in Chapter 37 is what?
6. After reviewing his statement, the police tell the writer that it is invalid if it is not what, in Chapter 22?
(a) In his handwriting.
(d) Written in English.
7. In Chapter 34, the writer explains to Yuki that you can't just say mean things why?
(a) You don't have all the information.
(b) It's only your opinion.
(c) You can't take them back.
(d) It makes your target better than you.
8. In Chapter 33, the writer begins to try to connect things together with what?
(a) "The CIA."
(b) "The Organization."
(c) "The Assimilation."
(d) "The Cult."
9. What is Dick's last name in the novel?
10. What object did the police find to tie the writer to the murder victim in Chapter 21?
(a) His watch.
(b) His business card.
(c) His hat.
(d) His wallet.
11. Where does Yuki suggest she and the writer take a trip in Chapter 27?
12. Who is the murder victim the police question the writer about in Chapter 21?
(c) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) Miss Yumiyoshi.
13. Yuki tells the writer that the receptionist's name from the Dolphin Hotel is what in Chapter 27?
(c) Miss Yumiyoshi.
(d) Ryoichi Gotanda.
14. Yuki decides to ____________ while the writer talks to Hiraku Makimura in Chapter 24.
(a) Take a walk on the beach.
(b) Take a cab ride.
(c) See a movie.
(d) Get some food.
15. In Chapter 23, the writer tells Yuki about the Sheep Man and how he sort of works as ____________.
(a) A psychic.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A switchboard operator.
(d) An engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yuki says she wants to go where in Chapter 23?
2. In Chapter 26, the writer offers to drive Gotanda where?
3. In Chapter 31, there is finally an article about whom in the newspaper?
4. In Chapter 38, the writer takes Yuki where?
5. The receptionist at the Dolphin Hotel tells the writer that she is now afraid to do what in Chapter 27?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)