|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick dies while he is out doing what in Chapter 34?
(b) Eating at a restaurant.
(c) Shopping at a market.
2. Yuki tells the writer that the receptionist's name from the Dolphin Hotel is what in Chapter 27?
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(c) Miss Yumiyoshi.
3. What season is it in Chapter 25?
4. In Chapter 35, the writer runs into what cop at a local store?
5. In Chapter 38, the writer takes Yuki where?
(a) To a bowling alley.
(b) To an amusement park.
(c) To a parade.
(d) To the beach.
6. How does Dick die in Chapter 34?
(a) He is hit by a truck.
(b) He is hit by a stray bullet.
(c) He is eaten by a shark.
(d) He is poisoned.
7. In Chapter 36, it has been how long since the writer has worked?
(a) 25 days.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 2.5 months.
8. In Chapter 26, the writer knows that Gotanda is innocent and did not want to do what?
(a) Ruin his career.
(b) Steal his girlfriend.
(c) Insult his character.
(d) Distrust him.
9. At the movies, Yuki doubles over in pain when whose scene comes on in Chapter 37?
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda's.
(d) Hiraku Makimura's.
10. Yuki thinks the film that she and the writer go to see in Chapter 37 is what?
11. What is Dick's last name in the novel?
12. Whom does the writer call to explain his situation from the police precinct in Chapter 21?
(b) Hiraku Makimura.
(c) Ryoichi Gotanda.
13. In Chapter 29, alone at the hotel, the writer is greeted by a woman named what?
14. Where do Yuki and the writer go after leaving Hiraku Makimura's house in Chapter 25?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the library.
15. Who has sent a call girl to the writer's room in Chapter 29?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(c) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) Ryoichi Gotanda.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, the writer tells Yuki about the Sheep Man and how he sort of works as ____________.
2. Whom does the writer find to act like a wooden figure in Chapter 37?
3. In Chapter 31, there is finally an article about whom in the newspaper?
4. After he is released from the police station in Chapter 23, the writer thinks of whom and wonders if she too will be killed?
5. In Chapter 21, the police arrive at the writer's apartment and ask him to go where with them?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)