|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yuki says she wants to go where in Chapter 23?
2. In Chapter 29, alone at the hotel, the writer is greeted by a woman named what?
3. The receptionist at the Dolphin Hotel tells the writer that she is now afraid to do what in Chapter 27?
(a) Check guests into the hotel.
(b) Go to her car after work.
(c) Ride the elevator.
(d) Answer the phone.
4. After reviewing his statement, the police tell the writer that it is invalid if it is not what, in Chapter 22?
(a) Written in English.
(c) In his handwriting.
5. What does the writer find written on a scrap of paper and left on the windowsill in an apartment building in Chapter 30?
(a) A name.
(b) An address.
(c) A phone number.
6. Amé tells the writer that she hopes for what type of relationship with Yuki in Chapter 29?
(c) "Blood friends."
7. In Chapter 34, the writer spends time with Gotanda and tells him about the first time he saw whom?
8. Gotanda talks about wanting to do what in Chapter 34?
(b) Street performance.
9. After he is released from the police station in Chapter 23, the writer thinks of whom and wonders if she too will be killed?
(b) Miss Yumiyoshi.
10. In Chapter 37, the writer visits Yuki where?
11. What is Dick's last name in the novel?
12. In Chapter 34, the writer explains to Yuki that you can't just say mean things why?
(a) It makes your target better than you.
(b) You can't take them back.
(c) You don't have all the information.
(d) It's only your opinion.
13. Yuki tells the writer that the receptionist's name from the Dolphin Hotel is what in Chapter 27?
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) Miss Yumiyoshi.
14. In Chapter 23, the writer tells Yuki about the Sheep Man and how he sort of works as ____________.
(a) An engineer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A psychic.
(d) A switchboard operator.
15. In Chapter 20, the writer says that his and Yuki's one-way communication isn't fair and that she should give him what?
(a) A name.
(b) A letter.
(c) An address.
(d) A phone number.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has sent a call girl to the writer's room in Chapter 29?
2. The call girl who has been sent to the writer's room in Chapter 29 tells him that she has been paid for how many nights?
3. Where does Yuki suggest she and the writer take a trip in Chapter 27?
4. In Chapter 35, the writer runs into what cop at a local store?
5. What nicknames does the writer give to the police officers who question him in Chapter 21?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)