|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the writer promise to have dinner with when he returns in Chapter 15?
(b) The receptionist.
(c) The hotel manager.
(d) The Sheep Man.
2. Whom does Yuki mention which chills the writer in Chapter 19?
(a) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) Miss Yumiyoshi.
3. The receptionist at the hotel had a strange experience on what floor, as related in Chapter 7?
4. The receptionist at the hotel talks to the writer under the guise of discussing what in Chapter 7?
(a) Local traditions.
(b) Car rentals.
(c) Area attractions.
5. What is the name of Yuki's mother in the novel?
(b) Miss Yumiyoshi.
6. What literary style does the narrator describe as rhetoric for rhetoric's sake in Chapter 17?
(a) Western modernist.
(b) French nouvelle vague.
7. For how long does the narrator say he stood staring agape at the building in Chapter 4?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 23 minutes.
(c) 20 seconds.
(d) 5 hours.
8. What is the profession of the protagonist in the novel?
(a) Freelance writer.
(b) Construction worker.
(d) Car salesman.
9. In Chapter 8, the writer calls his former business partner where?
10. The protagonist tells his business connections that he must go where in Chapter 3?
11. Who is the actress the writer sees being seduced in the film in Chapter 14?
(c) Miss Yumiyoshi.
12. In describing Ryoichi Gotanda, the writer comments that he never understood how someone could be so what?
13. Where do the writer and photographer arrive in the beginning of Chapter 4?
14. In Chapter 9, the narrator has an eerie experience on what floor of the hotel?
15. How many times has the protagonist been divorced in the novel?
(b) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Yuki's father in the novel?
2. Who does the bartender say the girl at the bar is waiting for in Chapter 6?
3. The protagonist tells his business connections that he must take a trip for how long in Chapter 3?
4. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is designed in what style in Chapter 4?
5. Who answers the door when the writers knocks in Chapter 10?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)