|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, the writer develops an elaborate fantasy about an actress playing what historical figure?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Queen Mary.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
2. What is the only item of furniture in the Sheep Man's room?
(a) A bed.
(b) A couch.
(c) A writing desk.
(d) A round table.
3. Where do the writer and photographer arrive in the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What pet did the protagonist have which died in his flashback in Chapter 2?
(a) A cat.
(b) An iguana.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dog.
5. The young girl tells the writer that she and her mother have a place to stay where in Chapter 16?
6. The interior of the hotel in Chapter 5 is described as what by the narrator?
7. The Sheep Man warns that the writer could get stuck in what in Chapter 11?
(a) The netherworld.
(b) A wormhole.
(c) The in-between.
(d) Suspended animation.
8. Where does the writer step inside to use the restroom during his walk in Chapter 14?
(a) A library.
(b) A police station.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A restaurant.
9. What season was it when the writer returned to society after his reclusive bout described in Chapter 2?
10. In Chapter 9, the writer develops an elaborate fantasy about what actress?
(a) Susan Serandon.
(b) Meg Ryan.
(c) Jodie Foster.
(d) Julia Roberts.
11. The narrator of the novel describes the Dolphin Hotel as having been built where in Chapter 1?
(a) The wrong place.
(b) The ideal place.
(c) The cheapest piece of real estate.
(d) On the water.
12. When the receptionist comes to talk to the writer in Chapter 7, he cannot get what individual out of his mind?
(a) His business partner.
(b) The old owner of the hotel.
(c) His niece.
(d) His mother.
13. Where does the writer have breakfast in Chapter 14?
(a) Dunkin' Donuts.
14. What is the name of Yuki's mother in the novel?
(a) Miss Yumiyoshi.
15. The assignment the protagonist goes on in Chapter 2 involves writing about what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Dolphin Hotel located?
2. The assignment the protagonist goes on in Chapter 2 involves writing for what?
3. The Sheep Man says that the only thing the writer can do is what in Chapter 11?
4. What is the name of Yuki's father in the novel?
5. In Chapter 9, the writer is restless and wishes that the receptionist did not have what that night?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)