|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, the writer calls his former business partner where?
2. What is the only item of furniture in the Sheep Man's room?
(a) A bed.
(b) A round table.
(c) A couch.
(d) A writing desk.
3. Where do the writer and photographer arrive in the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. How old is the girl that the narrator sees in the bar in Chapter 6?
5. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is how many stories tall in Chapter 4?
6. In Chapter 9, the writer develops an elaborate fantasy about an actress playing what historical figure?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Queen Mary.
7. The Sheep Man tells the writer that his people were chased where long ago in Chapter 11?
(a) The swamp.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The woods.
(d) The desert.
8. When the receptionist comes to talk to the writer in Chapter 7, he cannot get what individual out of his mind?
(a) His niece.
(b) His business partner.
(c) His mother.
(d) The old owner of the hotel.
9. Whom does the writer promise to have dinner with when he returns in Chapter 15?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(b) The receptionist.
(c) The hotel manager.
10. The assignment the protagonist goes on in Chapter 2 involves writing for what?
(a) A scientific journal.
(b) A women's magazine.
(c) A kid's magazine.
(d) A daily newspaper.
11. The protagonist's job consisted mostly of what type of work in the beginning, as described in Chapter 3?
(b) PR work.
(c) Construction work.
(d) Computer work.
12. In Chapter 15, the writer decides to book a flight where?
13. How does the receptionist describe the air as smelling just before she had a strange experience in the hotel in Chapter 7?
(a) Like beer.
(b) Like garbage.
(d) Like sulphur.
14. The narrator of the novel describes the Dolphin Hotel as having been built where in Chapter 1?
(a) On the water.
(b) The cheapest piece of real estate.
(c) The ideal place.
(d) The wrong place.
15. How old is the protagonist of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ryoichi Gotanda's latest movie in the novel?
2. In Chapter 15, the writer is asked to accompany a young girl on a flight because the girl's mother had left her there to take an assignment where?
3. The assignment the protagonist goes on in Chapter 2 involves writing about what?
4. Who does the bartender say the girl at the bar is waiting for in Chapter 6?
5. Whom does the writer see seducing a woman in the film in Chapter 14?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)