|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Yuki's father in the novel?
(a) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) Ryoichi Gotanda.
2. Ryoichi Gotanda was a former what to the narrator?
(a) Lab partner.
(b) Political rival.
3. The Sheep Man tells the writer that his people were chased where long ago in Chapter 11?
(a) The swamp.
(b) The desert.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The woods.
4. Whom does Yuki mention which chills the writer in Chapter 19?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(c) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(d) Miss Yumiyoshi.
5. The receptionist at the hotel had a strange experience on what floor, as related in Chapter 7?
6. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is designed in what style in Chapter 4?
(a) East Indian style.
(b) Bauhaus-Art Deco style.
(c) Victorian style.
(d) Colonial style.
7. In Chapter 9, the writer develops an elaborate fantasy about what actress?
(a) Julia Roberts.
(b) Jodie Foster.
(c) Susan Serandon.
(d) Meg Ryan.
8. What literary style does the narrator describe as rhetoric for rhetoric's sake in Chapter 17?
(b) French nouvelle vague.
(d) Western modernist.
9. When does the receptionist wake up the writer in Chapter 12?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 3 p.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
10. How many times has the protagonist been divorced in the novel?
(d) Three times.
11. After dinner Yuki insists that the writer take a drive so that they can do what in Chapter 19?
(a) Listen to music.
(b) Look at the sunset.
(c) Look for her mother.
12. In describing Ryoichi Gotanda, the writer comments that he never understood how someone could be so what?
13. Where do the writer and the girl arrive in Chapter 16?
14. What is the name of the receptionist at the hotel whom the narrator befriends?
(a) Hiraku Makimura.
(b) Miss Yumiyoshi.
15. In Chapter 9, the narrator has an eerie experience on what floor of the hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sheep Man's world is a place in the shadows where people go when they need to find out what?
2. What kind of car does the protagonist drive?
3. What is the name of Ryoichi Gotanda's latest movie in the novel?
4. The interior of the hotel in Chapter 5 is described as what by the narrator?
5. How long has the film been playing when the writer decides to watch it in Chapter 14?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)