|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the writer promise to have dinner with when he returns in Chapter 15?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(d) The hotel manager.
2. The narrator refers to his job as shoveling what in Chapter 2?
(a) Consumer dribble.
(b) Mental dung.
(c) Cultural snow.
(d) Brain fluff.
3. How does the receptionist describe the air as smelling just before she had a strange experience in the hotel in Chapter 7?
(a) Like sulphur.
(b) Like garbage.
(d) Like beer.
4. What is the narrative voice of the novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Fourth person.
(d) Third person.
5. The character named Kiki was what before becoming an actress?
(a) A hairdresser.
(b) A call girl.
(c) A secretary.
(d) A lawyer.
6. Who told the writer that not knowing is what hurts other people, as revealed in Chapter 13?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
7. The protagonist makes an analogy of the Dolphin Hotel to what in Chapter 1?
(a) A button.
(b) A castle.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A match.
8. What is the profession of the protagonist in the novel?
(a) Car salesman.
(b) Freelance writer.
(d) Construction worker.
9. When does the receptionist wake up the writer in Chapter 12?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 3 p.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
10. The Sheep Man tells the writer that his people were chased where long ago in Chapter 11?
(a) The woods.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The swamp.
(d) The desert.
11. How old is the girl that the narrator sees in the bar in Chapter 6?
12. In Chapter 12, the writer returns to the bedroom and is plagued by what?
13. What is the profession of Yuki's mother in the novel?
14. What season was it when the writer returned to society after his reclusive bout described in Chapter 2?
15. Where does the writer step inside to use the restroom during his walk in Chapter 14?
(a) A police station.
(b) A library.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A movie theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Yuki mention which chills the writer in Chapter 19?
2. Where do the writer and photographer arrive in the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 9, the writer develops an elaborate fantasy about what actress?
4. In Chapter 9, the writer is restless and wishes that the receptionist did not have what that night?
5. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is how many stories tall in Chapter 4?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)