|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sheep Man says that the only thing the writer can do is what in Chapter 11?
2. The assignment the protagonist goes on in Chapter 2 involves writing for what?
(a) A women's magazine.
(b) A daily newspaper.
(c) A kid's magazine.
(d) A scientific journal.
3. What is the name of Yuki's mother in the novel?
(b) Miss Yumiyoshi.
4. When the protagonist thinks of the Dolphin Hotel in Chapter 1, he recalls it as being what?
(c) A dive.
(d) A skyscraper.
5. In what country is the novel set?
(d) South Korea.
6. Where do the writer and photographer arrive in the beginning of Chapter 4?
7. After the assignment is finished, the writer decides to go where in Chapter 4?
8. Where does the writer step inside to use the restroom during his walk in Chapter 14?
(a) A police station.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A library.
(d) A movie theater.
9. For how long does the narrator say he stood staring agape at the building in Chapter 4?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 20 seconds.
(d) 23 minutes.
10. Who answers the door when the writers knocks in Chapter 10?
(a) The Dog Guy.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) The Ape Brother.
(d) The Tree Dude.
11. In Chapter 12, the writer returns to the bedroom and is plagued by what?
12. The narrator considers what to be a stupid name for a band in Chapter 6?
(a) Pink Floyd.
(b) Led Zeppelin.
(c) The Who.
13. Where does the narrator go to find the news article about the selling of the hotel in Chapter 7?
(a) The library.
(b) The newspaper headquarters.
(c) A used bookstore.
(d) A local historian.
14. In Chapter 15, the writer decides to book a flight where?
15. What causes the writer to leave the Sheep Man's room in Chapter 11?
(a) The temperature drops.
(b) It gets very dark.
(c) The temperature rises.
(d) It gets very bright.
Short Answer Questions
1. In describing Ryoichi Gotanda, the writer comments that he never understood how someone could be so what?
2. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is how many stories tall in Chapter 4?
3. The interior of the hotel in Chapter 5 is described as what by the narrator?
4. Whom does the writer promise to have dinner with when he returns in Chapter 15?
5. What pet did the protagonist have which died in his flashback in Chapter 2?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)