|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the assignment is finished, the writer decides to go where in Chapter 4?
2. Who answers the door when the writers knocks in Chapter 10?
(a) The Dog Guy.
(b) The Ape Brother.
(c) The Sheep Man.
(d) The Tree Dude.
3. Whom does Yuki mention which chills the writer in Chapter 19?
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) Miss Yumiyoshi.
(d) Ryoichi Gotanda.
4. The Sheep Man says that the only thing the writer can do is what in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 9, the writer develops an elaborate fantasy about what actress?
(a) Susan Serandon.
(b) Meg Ryan.
(c) Julia Roberts.
(d) Jodie Foster.
6. What is the profession of Yuki's mother in the novel?
7. For how long did the protagonist remain reclusive following his divorce and depression, as described in Chapter 2?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 6 months.
8. What is significant about the manner in which the Sheep Man speaks in the novel?
(a) His words all run together.
(b) He writes everything down instead of using his voice.
(c) He never speaks the letter "a."
(d) He starts every sentence with "I think."
9. Who is the actress the writer sees being seduced in the film in Chapter 14?
(a) Miss Yumiyoshi.
10. How old is the protagonist of the novel?
11. How many times has the protagonist been divorced in the novel?
(a) Three times.
12. The young girl tells the writer that she and her mother have a place to stay where in Chapter 16?
13. When the protagonist thinks of the Dolphin Hotel in Chapter 1, he recalls it as being what?
(a) A dive.
(b) A skyscraper.
14. Where does the writer step inside to use the restroom during his walk in Chapter 14?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A police station.
(d) A library.
15. The Sheep Man tells the writer that his people were chased where long ago in Chapter 11?
(a) The swamp.
(b) The woods.
(c) The desert.
(d) The mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is designed in what style in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of Ryoichi Gotanda's latest movie in the novel?
3. What is the young girl doing whom the narrator spots in the hotel bar in Chapter 6?
4. The receptionist at the hotel talks to the writer under the guise of discussing what in Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of the receptionist at the hotel whom the narrator befriends?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)