|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since the protagonist has seen Kiki in Chapter 4?
(a) 41 days.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 4.5 years.
(d) 18 months.
2. The character named Kiki was what before becoming an actress?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A hairdresser.
(c) A call girl.
(d) A lawyer.
3. Whom does the writer promise to have dinner with when he returns in Chapter 15?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) The hotel manager.
(d) The Sheep Man.
4. Where does the protagonist go on assignment in Chapter 2?
5. The protagonist makes an analogy of the Dolphin Hotel to what in Chapter 1?
(a) A castle.
(b) A button.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A match.
6. After dinner Yuki insists that the writer take a drive so that they can do what in Chapter 19?
(a) Look for her mother.
(b) Look at the sunset.
(d) Listen to music.
7. Where do the writer and the girl arrive in Chapter 16?
8. What causes the writer to leave the Sheep Man's room in Chapter 11?
(a) It gets very bright.
(b) It gets very dark.
(c) The temperature drops.
(d) The temperature rises.
9. Who told the writer that not knowing is what hurts other people, as revealed in Chapter 13?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
10. What was the manager's reaction when the receptionist told him about her strange experience, as told in Chapter 7?
(a) He sent the janitor to check it out.
(b) He went to check it out.
(c) He told her not to tell anyone.
(d) He said she was crazy.
11. The narrator refers to his job as shoveling what in Chapter 2?
(a) Brain fluff.
(b) Mental dung.
(c) Consumer dribble.
(d) Cultural snow.
12. In Chapter 15, the writer decides to book a flight where?
13. Where do the writer and photographer arrive in the beginning of Chapter 4?
14. What kind of car does the protagonist drive?
15. When does the receptionist wake up the writer in Chapter 12?
(a) 3 p.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the Dolphin Hotel been renamed in Chapter 4?
2. The receptionist at the hotel talks to the writer under the guise of discussing what in Chapter 7?
3. The receptionist at the hotel had a strange experience on what floor, as related in Chapter 7?
4. The protagonist tells his business connections that he must take a trip for how long in Chapter 3?
5. Who does the bartender say the girl at the bar is waiting for in Chapter 6?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)