|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the receptionist wake up the writer in Chapter 12?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 3 p.m.
2. In Chapter 15, the writer is asked to accompany a young girl on a flight because the girl's mother had left her there to take an assignment where?
3. How long has it been since the protagonist has seen Kiki in Chapter 4?
(a) 41 days.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 4.5 years.
4. Who told the writer that not knowing is what hurts other people, as revealed in Chapter 13?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. Where does the writer have breakfast in Chapter 14?
(a) Dunkin' Donuts.
6. The Sheep Man tells the writer that his people were chased where long ago in Chapter 11?
(a) The woods.
(b) The desert.
(c) The swamp.
(d) The mountains.
7. What is the profession of Yuki's father in the novel?
(d) Race car driver.
8. The protagonist tells his business connections that he must go where in Chapter 3?
9. What is the profession of Yuki's mother in the novel?
10. Where does the narrator go to find the news article about the selling of the hotel in Chapter 7?
(a) A used bookstore.
(b) The newspaper headquarters.
(c) A local historian.
(d) The library.
11. In Chapter 9, the narrator has an eerie experience on what floor of the hotel?
12. In what country is the novel set?
(b) South Korea.
13. What is the name of Ryoichi Gotanda's latest movie in the novel?
(a) "Lost Love."
(b) "Unrequited Love."
(c) "Dance Dance Dance."
(d) "A Murder Forgotten."
14. What is the young girl doing the following morning when the narrator sees her again in Chapter 6?
(a) Having breakfast with her mother.
(b) Swimming in the pool.
(c) Leaving the hotel.
(d) Sitting in the lobby.
15. The interior of the hotel in Chapter 5 is described as what by the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the film been playing when the writer decides to watch it in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 9, the writer is restless and wishes that the receptionist did not have what that night?
3. What is the name of Yuki's mother in the novel?
4. Where do the writer and the girl arrive in Chapter 16?
5. When the protagonist thinks of the Dolphin Hotel in Chapter 1, he recalls it as being what?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)