|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the writer to leave the Sheep Man's room in Chapter 11?
(a) The temperature rises.
(b) It gets very dark.
(c) The temperature drops.
(d) It gets very bright.
2. What is the profession of Yuki's mother in the novel?
3. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is how many stories tall in Chapter 4?
4. Whom does the writer promise to have dinner with when he returns in Chapter 15?
(a) The receptionist.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) The hotel manager.
5. The Sheep Man warns that the writer could get stuck in what in Chapter 11?
(a) The in-between.
(b) Suspended animation.
(c) A wormhole.
(d) The netherworld.
6. How long has it been since the protagonist has seen Kiki in Chapter 4?
(a) 41 days.
(b) 4.5 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 10 weeks.
7. The character named Kiki was what before becoming an actress?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A hairdresser.
(c) A secretary.
(d) A call girl.
8. The receptionist at the hotel talks to the writer under the guise of discussing what in Chapter 7?
(a) Local traditions.
(b) Car rentals.
(c) Area attractions.
9. In Chapter 15, the writer decides to book a flight where?
10. When the receptionist comes to talk to the writer in Chapter 7, he cannot get what individual out of his mind?
(a) The old owner of the hotel.
(b) His business partner.
(c) His niece.
(d) His mother.
11. What is the profession of the protagonist in the novel?
(a) Construction worker.
(b) Freelance writer.
(d) Car salesman.
12. The Sheep Man says that the only thing the writer can do is what in Chapter 11?
13. The Sheep Man tells the writer that his people were chased where long ago in Chapter 11?
(a) The desert.
(b) The swamp.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The woods.
14. Whom does the writer see seducing a woman in the film in Chapter 14?
(a) Hiraku Makimura.
(b) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(c) The Sheep Man.
15. Where does the narrator go to find the news article about the selling of the hotel in Chapter 7?
(a) The library.
(b) A local historian.
(c) The newspaper headquarters.
(d) A used bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the writer that not knowing is what hurts other people, as revealed in Chapter 13?
2. Whom does Yuki mention which chills the writer in Chapter 19?
3. What is the only item of furniture in the Sheep Man's room?
4. What is the young girl doing the following morning when the narrator sees her again in Chapter 6?
5. When does the receptionist wake up the writer in Chapter 12?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)