|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is how many stories tall in Chapter 4?
2. The interior of the hotel in Chapter 5 is described as what by the narrator?
3. What is the name of Ryoichi Gotanda's latest movie in the novel?
(a) "Lost Love."
(b) "A Murder Forgotten."
(c) "Unrequited Love."
(d) "Dance Dance Dance."
4. In Chapter 9, the writer is restless and wishes that the receptionist did not have what that night?
(a) A martial arts lesson.
(b) A date.
(c) Swim club.
(d) A college class.
5. What is the name of Yuki's mother in the novel?
(a) Miss Yumiyoshi.
6. Where does the narrator go to find the news article about the selling of the hotel in Chapter 7?
(a) The library.
(b) A used bookstore.
(c) The newspaper headquarters.
(d) A local historian.
7. After dinner Yuki insists that the writer take a drive so that they can do what in Chapter 19?
(a) Look for her mother.
(b) Look at the sunset.
(c) Listen to music.
8. What is the name of the young girl whom the writer accompanies on her flight in Chapter 16?
9. Whom does Yuki mention which chills the writer in Chapter 19?
(a) Ryoichi Gotanda.
(c) Miss Yumiyoshi.
(d) The Sheep Man.
10. The young girl tells the writer that she and her mother have a place to stay where in Chapter 16?
11. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is designed in what style in Chapter 4?
(a) Bauhaus-Art Deco style.
(b) East Indian style.
(c) Colonial style.
(d) Victorian style.
12. Where does the protagonist go on assignment in Chapter 2?
13. In Chapter 15, the writer is asked to accompany a young girl on a flight because the girl's mother had left her there to take an assignment where?
14. The narrator considers what to be a stupid name for a band in Chapter 6?
(a) The Who.
(b) Led Zeppelin.
(d) Pink Floyd.
15. Where does the writer step inside to use the restroom during his walk in Chapter 14?
(a) A police station.
(b) A library.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A movie theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the film been playing when the writer decides to watch it in Chapter 14?
2. In what country is the novel set?
3. In Chapter 12, the writer returns to the bedroom and is plagued by what?
4. At what time does the writer go to dinner in Chapter 13?
5. Where is the Dolphin Hotel located?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)