|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, the narrator has an eerie experience on what floor of the hotel?
2. In the stead where the Dolphin Hotel once stood is a building that is designed in what style in Chapter 4?
(a) Victorian style.
(b) East Indian style.
(c) Bauhaus-Art Deco style.
(d) Colonial style.
3. Where is the Dolphin Hotel located?
4. How does the receptionist describe the air as smelling just before she had a strange experience in the hotel in Chapter 7?
(a) Like beer.
(b) Like garbage.
(c) Like sulphur.
5. When the receptionist visits the writer in Chapter 12, he keeps mentioning what creature?
(a) A green fish.
(b) A gray gorilla.
(c) A blue parrot.
(d) A red spider.
6. When does the receptionist wake up the writer in Chapter 12?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 3 p.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
7. What kind of car does the protagonist drive?
8. Who is the actress the writer sees being seduced in the film in Chapter 14?
(c) Miss Yumiyoshi.
9. The protagonist tells his business connections that he must go where in Chapter 3?
10. The character named Kiki was what before becoming an actress?
(a) A hairdresser.
(b) A call girl.
(c) A secretary.
(d) A lawyer.
11. What is the name of the woman who lived with the writer at the Dolphin Hotel?
12. Where does the writer step inside to use the restroom during his walk in Chapter 14?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A library.
(d) A police station.
13. How long has it been since the protagonist has seen Kiki in Chapter 4?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 4.5 years.
(c) 41 days.
(d) 18 months.
14. After the assignment is finished, the writer decides to go where in Chapter 4?
15. What is the young girl doing whom the narrator spots in the hotel bar in Chapter 6?
(a) Reading the paper.
(b) Eating lunch.
(d) Listening to a Walkman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to people or works that are experimental or innovative, particularly with respect to art, culture, and politics?
2. In Chapter 8, the writer calls his former business partner where?
3. What is the name of the receptionist at the hotel whom the narrator befriends?
4. How long has the film been playing when the writer decides to watch it in Chapter 14?
5. How old is the protagonist of the novel?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)