|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 12-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, the writer is restless and wishes that the receptionist did not have what that night?
(a) A date.
(b) A martial arts lesson.
(c) Swim club.
(d) A college class.
2. Whom does the writer see seducing a woman in the film in Chapter 14?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(c) Hiraku Makimura.
(d) Ryoichi Gotanda.
3. What season was it when the writer returned to society after his reclusive bout described in Chapter 2?
4. The protagonist tells his business connections that he must take a trip for how long in Chapter 3?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
5. The Sheep Man's world is a place in the shadows where people go when they need to find out what?
(a) Why they are sick.
(b) The local gossip.
(c) How things are connected.
(d) The meaning of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the manner in which the Sheep Man speaks in the novel?
2. Where is the Dolphin Hotel located?
3. What is the name of Ryoichi Gotanda's latest movie in the novel?
4. What is the young girl doing whom the narrator spots in the hotel bar in Chapter 6?
5. How many times has the protagonist been divorced in the novel?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)