|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since the protagonist has seen Kiki in Chapter 4?
(a) 4.5 years.
(b) 41 days.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 18 months.
2. How old is the protagonist of the novel?
3. The assignment the protagonist goes on in Chapter 2 involves writing for what?
(a) A scientific journal.
(b) A women's magazine.
(c) A kid's magazine.
(d) A daily newspaper.
4. What pet did the protagonist have which died in his flashback in Chapter 2?
(a) A snake.
(b) An iguana.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
5. What season was it when the writer returned to society after his reclusive bout described in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist makes an analogy of the Dolphin Hotel to what in Chapter 1?
2. What is the profession of the protagonist in the novel?
3. When the protagonist thinks of the Dolphin Hotel in Chapter 1, he recalls it as being what?
4. The narrator refers to his job as shoveling what in Chapter 2?
5. The protagonist tells his business connections that he must go where in Chapter 3?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)