|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young girl doing whom the narrator spots in the hotel bar in Chapter 6?
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Listening to a Walkman.
2. In Chapter 8, the writer calls his former business partner where?
3. How long is the writer's statement which he must review in Chapter 22?
(a) 125 pages.
(b) 40 pages.
(c) 17 pages.
(d) 5 pages.
4. What is the name of the receptionist at the hotel whom the narrator befriends?
(b) Miss Yumiyoshi.
(d) Hiraku Makimura.
5. The Sheep Man warns that the writer could get stuck in what in Chapter 11?
(a) The in-between.
(b) Suspended animation.
(c) The netherworld.
(d) A wormhole.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, the writer develops an elaborate fantasy about an actress playing what historical figure?
2. Gotanda talks about wanting to do what in Chapter 34?
3. What nickname did Yuki acquire due to her sensitive observations in school?
4. In Chapter 26, the writer offers to drive Gotanda where?
5. What is significant about the manner in which the Sheep Man speaks in the novel?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)