|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dalva learn is willing to meet her?
2. What does Michael's letter to Dalva state in "'Going Home', pg. 264-324"?
3. Who tells Dalva he saw Duane in a bar a few weeks ago?
4. Who witnesses a man shoot another man over a dog they both wanted for dinner when they were starving?
5. Where does Dalva learn her son grew up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Michael mentions Duane to Dalva?
2. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
3. Discuss the attack against Michael at the horse sale.
4. Discuss the dinner between Dalva, Ruth, Paul, and Fred.
5. Discuss the journal entries of Northridge about the bodies he placed in the cellar.
6. Why is Michael in the hospital?
7. What happens when Northridge runs into a Cavalry group?
8. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
9. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
10. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of heritage in the novel and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
How are character descriptions used to provide information on characters in the story? What are the benefits of character descriptions used in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of chapters and titles in the novel and the effect they have on the story.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)