|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Dalva he or she knows Duane is the father of Dalva's son?
2. How does Michael apologize to Dalva while in the hospital?
3. What is the true name of Nature Boy?
4. What does Michael discover about Northridge and Aase?
5. Where does Dalva learn her son grew up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
2. How does Dalva find herself at peace over the unfairness of the world?
3. Why does Northridge ride to locate the wife of White Tree?
4. What happens when Northridge runs into a Cavalry group?
5. How does Michael seduce Karen?
6. Discuss the months missing from Northridge's journal.
7. How do Dalva and Sam meet?
8. Discuss the attack against Michael at the horse sale.
9. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
10. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are character descriptions used to provide information on characters in the story? What are the benefits of character descriptions used in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Religious differences involving Christianity and Indian beliefs are heavily shown in the novel. How are they shown and what is their significance in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of heritage in the novel and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)