|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are months missing from Northridge's journal?
2. Where do Naomi and Michael go after Michael's speech at the rotary club?
3. What illness is Lunquist treated for in the middle of the night?
4. How does Dalva's son's adoptive mother describe her son?
5. Whom does Dalva call about buying a dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Northridge's journal entry after five years of being a missionary.
2. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
3. Discuss the attack against Michael at the horse sale.
4. Discuss Lundquist's illness that occurs during the night.
5. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
6. Why does Northridge ride to locate the wife of White Tree?
7. Discuss Karen's second visit to see Michael.
8. What happens when Northridge runs into a Cavalry group?
9. Discuss Northridge's discovery of Crazy Horse's daughter.
10. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of peace and war is shown between the Indians and the white settlers. How is this idea of peace and war used and what effect does this have on the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss setting. What is the role/importance of setting and how is it displayed?
Essay Topic 3
The history of the Sioux Indians is discussed in the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Indians and what are the effects of this?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)