|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dalva's son?
2. Who warns Michael about getting Karen's hopes up about a career in modeling?
3. How many warriors does Sitting Bull have?
4. Who does Naomi admit she talks to daily?
5. What does Dalva's son's adoptive mother say she named the boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the tribe Northridge befriends during the war.
2. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
3. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
4. Discuss Karen's second visit to see Michael.
5. What does Northridge discover about the government's plans for the Sioux?
6. Discuss the dinner between Dalva, Ruth, Paul, and Fred.
7. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
8. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
9. How does Dalva learn who her son is?
10. What does Michael realize about his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the value of love in the story. Does love appear to be something that is valued and respected? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the organization of the novel and the pros and cons of this organization.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the relationship between Dalva and Duane and the role it has in the story.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)