|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits to sleeping with a nurse?
2. What is the true name of Nature Boy?
3. Why are months missing from Northridge's journal?
4. What do the Sioux declare Northridge to be?
5. How many warriors does Sitting Bull have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Karen's second visit to see Michael.
2. Why is Michael in the hospital?
3. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
4. Discuss the dinner between Dalva, Ruth, Paul, and Fred.
5. What does Michael realize about his life?
6. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
7. Discuss Northridge's journal entry after five years of being a missionary.
8. Discuss Michael's speech at the rotary club.
9. How do Dalva and Sam meet?
10. Discuss the months missing from Northridge's journal.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Religious differences involving Christianity and Indian beliefs are heavily shown in the novel. How are they shown and what is their significance in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the organization of the novel and the pros and cons of this organization.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of chapters and titles in the novel and the effect they have on the story.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)