|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalva wonder about Naomi and Nelse?
2. Who witnesses a man shoot another man over a dog they both wanted for dinner when they were starving?
3. Where does Dalva visit Michael in "'Going Home', pg. 217-267"?
4. Where does Dalva camp after visiting Michael in the hospital?
5. Of what does Dalva's son's adoptive mother inform her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What history does Michael learn about Northridge when going back to work?
2. Discuss the tribe Northridge befriends during the war.
3. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
4. What happens when Michael mentions Duane to Dalva?
5. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
6. Discuss Northridge's journal entry after five years of being a missionary.
7. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
8. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
9. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
10. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dalva's relationship with men with that of Ruth's relationships with men. What role do their relationships have in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The genre of the novel is ___. Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three examples to justify your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the organization of the novel and the pros and cons of this organization.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)