|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dalva visit Michael in "'Going Home', pg. 217-267"?
2. Who witnesses a man shoot another man over a dog they both wanted for dinner when they were starving?
3. Who told Northridge the Sioux were dying so fast he should focus on saving souls?
4. Who compares Duane to Dalva's father?
5. Who writes an apology to Dalva for his or her behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of chapters and titles in the novel and the effect they have on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the value of love in the story. Does love appear to be something that is valued and respected? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Religious differences involving Christianity and Indian beliefs are heavily shown in the novel. How are they shown and what is their significance in the novel?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)