|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dalva return in "'Going Home', pg. 264-324"?
2. What do the Sioux declare Northridge to be?
3. Who came to Dalva's aid when Duane died?
4. Who hires Naomi as a part time assistant?
5. How many years did Northridge try to teach the native population to farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Michael in the hospital?
2. What happens when Michael mentions Duane to Dalva?
3. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
4. What happens when Northridge runs into a Cavalry group?
5. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
6. Discuss the attack against Michael at the horse sale.
7. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
8. What happens to Michael when he leaves the hospital?
9. Discuss Northridge's discovery of Crazy Horse's daughter.
10. How do Dalva and Sam meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the journey Dalva takes over the course of the novel. What does Dalva learn about herself during her journey?
Essay Topic 2
Heartache is a strong foil in the story. How does heartache prove to be a foil and what are the consequences of this foil?
Essay Topic 3
Religious differences involving Christianity and Indian beliefs are heavily shown in the novel. How are they shown and what is their significance in the novel?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)