|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives papers to Dalva, for Michael to sign, that indicate no charges will be filed against him?
2. What does Naomi warn Michael before his speech at the rotary club?
3. Whose instructions does Northridge follow to rid himself of nightmares?
4. What is Northridge told about Aase that he does not care about?
5. Who shoots guns into the air when Northridge passes by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Michael in the hospital?
2. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
3. Discuss Karen's second visit to see Michael.
4. Discuss Northridge's discovery of Crazy Horse's daughter.
5. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
6. Discuss the dinner between Dalva, Ruth, Paul, and Fred.
7. What does Michael realize about his life?
8. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
9. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
10. Discuss Lundquist's illness that occurs during the night.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of heritage in the novel and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of chapters and titles in the novel and the effect they have on the story.
Essay Topic 3
The history of the Sioux Indians is discussed in the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Indians and what are the effects of this?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)