|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Michael hugs Naomi at the river?
2. Whom does Dalva call about buying a dog?
3. What does Dalva's son's adoptive mother say she named the boy?
4. Who tells Dalva he saw Duane in a bar a few weeks ago?
5. Where does Dalva return in "'Going Home', pg. 264-324"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the tribe Northridge befriends during the war.
2. What does Michael realize about his life?
3. Discuss the dinner between Dalva, Ruth, Paul, and Fred.
4. How does Michael seduce Karen?
5. Discuss the months missing from Northridge's journal.
6. What does Northridge discover about the government's plans for the Sioux?
7. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
8. Discuss Northridge's discovery of Crazy Horse's daughter.
9. What happens when Michael mentions Duane to Dalva?
10. Discuss Northridge's journal entry after five years of being a missionary.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dalva's relationship with men with that of Ruth's relationships with men. What role do their relationships have in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss theme. What is the theme of the novel and how does the novel fall into this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Religious differences involving Christianity and Indian beliefs are heavily shown in the novel. How are they shown and what is their significance in the novel?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)