|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Naomi and Michael go after Michael's speech at the rotary club?
2. Who compares Duane to Dalva's father?
3. Where does Dalva visit Michael in "'Going Home', pg. 217-267"?
4. What did Northridge admit he learned about politicians?
5. What description does Northridge give that Michael finds important?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Michael mentions Duane to Dalva?
2. Discuss the months missing from Northridge's journal.
3. Discuss the attack against Michael at the horse sale.
4. How do Dalva and Sam meet?
5. Why does Northridge ride to locate the wife of White Tree?
6. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
7. What happens when Northridge runs into a Cavalry group?
8. What does Northridge discover about the government's plans for the Sioux?
9. Why is Michael in the hospital?
10. Discuss Northridge's journal entry after five years of being a missionary.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The genre of the novel is ___. Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three examples to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of chapters and titles in the novel and the effect they have on the story.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing plays a role in the novel when following past and present version of the story. What is the role of foreshadowing in the novel? What are the positive and negative aspects of this writing style?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)