|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Naomi and Michael go after Michael's speech at the rotary club?
2. What does Karen bring with her during her second visit to see Michael?
3. Where does Dalva return in "'Going Home', pg. 264-324"?
4. Who arrives at Northridge's camp for the first time, covered in blood from hunting?
5. What does Dalva's son's adoptive mother say she named the boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
2. What happens when Michael mentions Duane to Dalva?
3. What does Northridge discover about the government's plans for the Sioux?
4. Discuss Karen's second visit to see Michael.
5. What does Michael realize about his life?
6. Discuss the attack against Michael at the horse sale.
7. Discuss the dinner between Dalva, Ruth, Paul, and Fred.
8. Discuss the months missing from Northridge's journal.
9. How does Dalva learn who her son is?
10. Discuss Lundquist's illness that occurs during the night.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Decide who you believe to be the protagonist and the antagonist in the story. Explain why you chose these characters. What classifies these characters as being a protagonist and antagonist? What are the results of having a protagonist and an antagonist in the story?
Essay Topic 2
The history of the Sioux Indians is discussed in the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Indians and what are the effects of this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the value of love in the story. Does love appear to be something that is valued and respected? Why or why not?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)