|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalva realize is the only thing she feels for Michael?
2. Who shoots guns into the air when Northridge passes by?
3. Where does Dalva camp after visiting Michael in the hospital?
4. Who lives with Paul on his estate?
5. What do the Sioux declare Northridge to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
2. What happens to Michael when he leaves the hospital?
3. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
4. Discuss the months missing from Northridge's journal.
5. Discuss Northridge's journal entry after five years of being a missionary.
6. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
7. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
8. Why is Michael in the hospital?
9. What history does Michael learn about Northridge when going back to work?
10. Discuss Karen's second visit to see Michael.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the value of love in the story. Does love appear to be something that is valued and respected? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Decide who you believe to be the protagonist and the antagonist in the story. Explain why you chose these characters. What classifies these characters as being a protagonist and antagonist? What are the results of having a protagonist and an antagonist in the story?
Essay Topic 3
The genre of the novel is ___. Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three examples to justify your response.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)