|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Michael about getting Karen's hopes up about a career in modeling?
2. Who does Michael feel he is on thin ice with?
3. Whom does Dalva call about buying a dog?
4. What does Naomi warn Michael before his speech at the rotary club?
5. How does Dalva's son's adoptive mother describe her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Michael when he leaves the hospital?
2. How does Dalva learn who her son is?
3. How do Dalva and Sam meet?
4. What happens when Northridge runs into a Cavalry group?
5. What history does Michael learn about Northridge when going back to work?
6. Discuss Lundquist's illness that occurs during the night.
7. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
8. Why does Northridge ride to locate the wife of White Tree?
9. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
10. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dalva's relationship with men with that of Ruth's relationships with men. What role do their relationships have in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The history of the Sioux Indians is discussed in the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Indians and what are the effects of this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of chapters and titles in the novel and the effect they have on the story.
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)