|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What description does Northridge give that Michael finds important?
2. Whom does Dalva call about buying a dog?
3. What does Michael discover about Northridge and Aase?
4. Where does Dalva camp after visiting Michael in the hospital?
5. Who informs Dalva he or she knows Duane is the father of Dalva's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
2. Discuss Northridge's journal entry after five years of being a missionary.
3. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
4. How does Dalva find herself at peace over the unfairness of the world?
5. Discuss the dinner between Dalva, Ruth, Paul, and Fred.
6. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
7. How does Dalva learn who her son is?
8. Discuss the journal entries of Northridge about the bodies he placed in the cellar.
9. Discuss the attack against Michael at the horse sale.
10. What happens when Northridge runs into a Cavalry group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The history of the Sioux Indians is discussed in the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Indians and what are the effects of this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the organization of the novel and the pros and cons of this organization.
Essay Topic 3
Religious differences involving Christianity and Indian beliefs are heavily shown in the novel. How are they shown and what is their significance in the novel?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)