|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Michael question about why Northridge married Aase when she was terminally ill?
2. Who agrees to take Michael when he is free from the hospital?
3. With what does Dalva find herself tired of involving Michael?
4. Who witnesses a man shoot another man over a dog they both wanted for dinner when they were starving?
5. Who warns Michael about getting Karen's hopes up about a career in modeling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Northridge's journal entry after five years of being a missionary.
2. How does Michael seduce Karen?
3. Discuss Northridge's discovery of Crazy Horse's daughter.
4. How does Dalva learn who her son is?
5. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
6. What does Northridge discover about the government's plans for the Sioux?
7. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
8. Discuss Michael's speech at the rotary club.
9. Discuss the attack against Michael at the horse sale.
10. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dalva's relationship with Duane with that of her relationship with Sam Creekmouth.
Essay Topic 2
How are character descriptions used to provide information on characters in the story? What are the benefits of character descriptions used in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the relationship between Dalva and Duane and the role it has in the story.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)