|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who builds a cage to protect the geese from being eaten on the farm?
2. Who arrives at Northridge's camp for the first time, covered in blood from hunting?
3. What does Dalva realize is the only thing she feels for Michael?
4. Of what does Dalva's son's adoptive mother inform her?
5. Who compares Duane to Dalva's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael seduce Karen?
2. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
3. What happens when Michael mentions Duane to Dalva?
4. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
5. What does Michael realize about his life?
6. What history does Michael learn about Northridge when going back to work?
7. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
8. Discuss the journal entries of Northridge about the bodies he placed in the cellar.
9. Discuss the dinner between Dalva, Ruth, Paul, and Fred.
10. Discuss Karen's second visit to see Michael.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss setting. What is the role/importance of setting and how is it displayed?
Essay Topic 2
Flashbacks are used in the novel. Discuss the role of flashbacks and the positive and negative influence they have.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of government in the novel and the positive and negative influence it has in the story.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)