|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael say he will never mention?
2. When Northridge says he had no fruit or converts to show for his time spent as a missionary, how long had Northridge been working as such?
3. Why are months missing from Northridge's journal?
4. What does Dalva realize is the only thing she feels for Michael?
5. Who does Dalva inform that Michael knows his life is a mess?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of government in the novel and the positive and negative influence it has in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the journey Dalva takes over the course of the novel. What does Dalva learn about herself during her journey?
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing plays a role in the novel when following past and present version of the story. What is the role of foreshadowing in the novel? What are the positive and negative aspects of this writing style?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)