Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Michael of a Sioux boy with special powers that once worked on the farm?
2. Whom does Dalva call for assistance when being followed?
3. Who is Paul?
4. Who is Dalva's mother?
5. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Northridge's job.
2. Discuss Michael's letter to Dalva.
3. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
4. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
5. What does Duane do to the football players at school?
6. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
7. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
8. Discuss Dalva's grandfather's journals.
9. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
10. Why is Michael in the hospital?
Compare and contrast Dalva's relationship with Duane with that of her relationship with Sam Creekmouth.
Discuss setting. What is the role/importance of setting and how is it displayed?
Foreshadowing plays a role in the novel when following past and present version of the story. What is the role of foreshadowing in the novel? What are the positive and negative aspects of this writing style?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)