|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andrew's profession?
2. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
3. Who tries to pressure Dalva into giving him or her access to the family papers?
4. Who informs Dalva she is being tracked by Guillermo?
5. What frightens Michael on the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dalva like Duane?
2. Discuss the present Dalva gets when she turns 17.
3. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
4. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
5. What does Michael feel involving the journals of Northridge?
6. What happens when Dalva learns she is being followed?
7. Who does Northridge speak of befriending?
8. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
9. What are Michael's first thoughts of the farm?
10. What happens while Dalva is with Michael in San Francisco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of chapters and titles in the novel and the effect they have on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the journey Dalva takes over the course of the novel. What does Dalva learn about herself during her journey?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Dalva's relationship with men with that of Ruth's relationships with men. What role do their relationships have in the novel?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)