|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael realize about the family home when first arriving at the farm?
2. How old was Dalva when her father died?
3. Where was a ceremony held in honor of Duane after his death?
4. What is Rachel's Indian name?
5. Who forces Dalva to move to a warmer climate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Duane do to the football players at school?
2. What happens when Dalva learns of Duane dying?
3. What happens while Michael and Lundquist are at the Lazy Daze Tavern?
4. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
5. What does Michael admit he is and is not interested in?
6. What happens while Dalva is with Michael in San Francisco?
7. Why does Dalva like Duane?
8. Who does Northridge speak of befriending?
9. What happens during Dalva and Ted's lunch at a local cafe?
10. What is learned about Dalva's follower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between Dalva and Duane and the role it has in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Heartache is a strong foil in the story. How does heartache prove to be a foil and what are the consequences of this foil?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the value of love in the story. Does love appear to be something that is valued and respected? Why or why not?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)