|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reveals she has taken a lover?
2. Who makes Michael sign a form that gives him or her permission to control all of his habits during their work together?
3. Who is captured by police when sneaking around Dalva's garage?
4. Who tells Michael of a Sioux boy with special powers that once worked on the farm?
5. Who gives Dalva a car when she turns 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the present Dalva gets when she turns 17.
2. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
3. What are Michael's first thoughts of the farm?
4. What does Michael learn about Lundquist when speaking with him?
5. What happens when Dalva visits Duane when he's dying?
6. What causes an argument between Dalva and Michael?
7. How do Dalva and Duane meet?
8. What happens when Dalva learns of Duane dying?
9. Discuss the letter Dalva receives from Ruth.
10. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The genre of the novel is ___. Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three examples to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of government in the novel and the positive and negative influence it has in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the organization of the novel and the pros and cons of this organization.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)