|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dalva before giving birth to her son?
2. Whose wife committed suicide?
3. What frightens Michael on the farm?
4. What does Dalva realize she is finally accepting?
5. Who snuck away from a hospital and disappeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael admit he is and is not interested in?
2. What happens when Dalva visits Duane when he's dying?
3. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
4. What happens while Dalva is with Michael in San Francisco?
5. Who does Northridge speak of befriending?
6. How does Duane die?
7. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
8. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
9. Discuss the phone conversation between Dalva and Ruth.
10. What does Michael learn about Lundquist when speaking with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing plays a role in the novel when following past and present version of the story. What is the role of foreshadowing in the novel? What are the positive and negative aspects of this writing style?
Essay Topic 2
How are character descriptions used to provide information on characters in the story? What are the benefits of character descriptions used in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of heritage in the novel and the role it plays in the story.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)