|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
2. Where was a ceremony held in honor of Duane after his death?
3. Who tells Michael of a Sioux boy with special powers that once worked on the farm?
4. What is the date of Dalva's son's birth?
5. Who accepts an offer to move back to Nebraska?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dalva visits Duane when he's dying?
2. Who does Northridge speak of befriending?
3. What causes an argument between Dalva and Michael?
4. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
5. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
6. What happens when Dalva learns of Duane dying?
7. What happens during Dalva and Ted's lunch at a local cafe?
8. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
9. Why do Ruth and Ted separate?
10. Discuss the letter Dalva receives from Ruth.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of government in the novel and the positive and negative influence it has in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Heartache is a strong foil in the story. How does heartache prove to be a foil and what are the consequences of this foil?
Essay Topic 3
Religious differences involving Christianity and Indian beliefs are heavily shown in the novel. How are they shown and what is their significance in the novel?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)