|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Northridge plan to go to become a botanist?
2. What does Michael realize about the family home when first arriving at the farm?
3. What does Dalva admit to Michael?
4. Who is captured by police when sneaking around Dalva's garage?
5. Who is unable to function without alcohol?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Ruth and Ted separate?
2. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
3. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
4. What happens while Michael and Lundquist are at the Lazy Daze Tavern?
5. Discuss the phone conversation between Dalva and Ruth.
6. Discuss Dalva's grandfather's journals.
7. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
8. Who does Northridge speak of befriending?
9. What does Duane do to the football players at school?
10. What happens when Dalva learns of Duane dying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between Dalva and Duane and the role it has in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Religious differences involving Christianity and Indian beliefs are heavily shown in the novel. How are they shown and what is their significance in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The history of the Sioux Indians is discussed in the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Indians and what are the effects of this?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)