|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalva realize she is finally accepting?
2. Whom does Dalva live with in Arizona?
3. Who snuck away from a hospital and disappeared?
4. What is Andrew's profession?
5. Who informs Dalva she is being tracked by Guillermo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Dalva and Ted's lunch at a local cafe?
2. What happens when Dalva visits Duane when he's dying?
3. What is learned about Dalva's follower?
4. Discuss Michael's letter to Dalva.
5. What are Michael's first thoughts of the farm?
6. What causes an argument between Dalva and Michael?
7. Why does Dalva like Duane?
8. Discuss Dalva's family tree.
9. What does Michael admit he is and is not interested in?
10. Who does Northridge speak of befriending?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between Dalva and Duane and the role it has in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss theme. What is the theme of the novel and how does the novel fall into this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Dalva's relationship with Duane with that of her relationship with Sam Creekmouth.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)