|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is surprised to find several large trunks in perfect order?
2. Where was Duane when he was dying?
3. On the way to Nebraska, where does Dalva set up camp for the night?
4. Who served as a missionary to the Sioux Indians on behalf of the government?
5. Who is unable to function without alcohol?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
2. What happens during Dalva and Ted's lunch at a local cafe?
3. Discuss the tribe Northridge befriends during the war.
4. How does Duane die?
5. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
6. Discuss the phone conversation between Dalva and Ruth.
7. Discuss Karen's second visit to see Michael.
8. How do Dalva and Sam meet?
9. Discuss the dinner between Dalva, Ruth, Paul, and Fred.
10. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the relationship between Dalva and Duane and the role it has in the story.
Essay Topic 2
The genre of the novel is ___. Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three examples to justify your response.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Dalva's relationship with Duane with that of her relationship with Sam Creekmouth.
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)