Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Michael of a Sioux boy with special powers that once worked on the farm?
2. Whom does Dalva call for assistance when being followed?
3. Who is Paul?
4. Who is Dalva's mother?
5. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Northridge's job.
2. Discuss Michael's letter to Dalva.
3. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
4. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
5. What does Duane do to the football players at school?
6. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
7. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
8. Discuss Dalva's grandfather's journals.
9. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
10. Why is Michael in the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss theme. What is the theme of the novel and how does the novel fall into this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Flashbacks are used in the novel. Discuss the role of flashbacks and the positive and negative influence they have.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the value of love in the story. Does love appear to be something that is valued and respected? Why or why not?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)