|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who snuck away from a hospital and disappeared?
2. How did Dalva's father die?
3. What is Michael's job?
4. What year does the story take place?
5. Who is Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Michael's letter to Dalva.
2. Discuss Dalva's grandfather's journals.
3. What happens when Dalva learns of Duane dying?
4. What does Michael feel involving the journals of Northridge?
5. Discuss the letter Dalva receives from Ruth.
6. What happens when Dalva visits Duane when he's dying?
7. What happens while Dalva is with Michael in San Francisco?
8. Why does Dalva like Duane?
9. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
10. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dalva's relationship with men with that of Ruth's relationships with men. What role do their relationships have in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of heritage in the novel and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 3
The history of the Sioux Indians is discussed in the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Indians and what are the effects of this?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)