|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Northridge befriend to help them locate land?
2. Who is Dalva's mother?
3. Whose offer does Dalva consider?
4. Dalva interrupted by whom while at a cafe?
5. Who is captured by police when sneaking around Dalva's garage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dalva learns she is being followed?
2. What happens to Michael when he leaves the hospital?
3. What happens during Dalva and Ted's lunch at a local cafe?
4. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
5. Who does Northridge speak of befriending?
6. What is Dalva's grandfather's response when she tells him she would rather shoot herself than have Duane remain gone?
7. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
8. What is learned about Dalva's follower?
9. What does Northridge discover about the government's plans for the Sioux?
10. How do Dalva and Duane meet?
Essay Topic 1
The idea of peace and war is shown between the Indians and the white settlers. How is this idea of peace and war used and what effect does this have on the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Flashbacks are used in the novel. Discuss the role of flashbacks and the positive and negative influence they have.
Essay Topic 3
The history of the Sioux Indians is discussed in the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Indians and what are the effects of this?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)