|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andrew's profession?
2. As Dalva's grandfather dies, what appears?
3. On the way to Nebraska, where does Dalva set up camp for the night?
4. To whom does Dalva write a journal?
5. What was Dalva's great grandfather's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
2. What is Dalva's grandfather's response when she tells him she would rather shoot herself than have Duane remain gone?
3. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
4. What does Michael feel involving the journals of Northridge?
5. What is learned about Dalva's follower?
6. Discuss Dalva's family tree.
7. Discuss Michael's letter to Dalva.
8. What does Duane do to the football players at school?
9. Discuss the present Dalva gets when she turns 17.
10. What causes an argument between Dalva and Michael?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Religious differences involving Christianity and Indian beliefs are heavily shown in the novel. How are they shown and what is their significance in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Flashbacks are used in the novel. Discuss the role of flashbacks and the positive and negative influence they have.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing plays a role in the novel when following past and present version of the story. What is the role of foreshadowing in the novel? What are the positive and negative aspects of this writing style?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)