|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Michael of a Sioux boy with special powers that once worked on the farm?
2. Whom does Dalva call for assistance when being followed?
3. Who is Paul?
4. Who is Dalva's mother?
5. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Northridge's job.
2. Discuss Michael's letter to Dalva.
3. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
4. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
5. What does Duane do to the football players at school?
6. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
7. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
8. Discuss Dalva's grandfather's journals.
9. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
10. Why is Michael in the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
The idea of peace and war is shown between the Indians and the white settlers. How is this idea of peace and war used and what effect does this have on the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Heartache is a strong foil in the story. How does heartache prove to be a foil and what are the consequences of this foil?
Essay Topic 3
How are character descriptions used to provide information on characters in the story? What are the benefits of character descriptions used in the novel?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)