|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Dalva she is being tracked by Guillermo?
2. Who makes Michael sign a form that gives him or her permission to control all of his habits during their work together?
3. Who is surprised to find several large trunks in perfect order?
4. What does Dalva admit to Michael?
5. Whom does Dalva's grandfather leave his estate to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dalva and Sam meet?
2. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
3. Why is Michael in the hospital?
4. What causes an argument between Dalva and Michael?
5. What happens while Michael and Lundquist are at the Lazy Daze Tavern?
6. What happens when Dalva learns of Duane dying?
7. What history does Michael learn about Northridge when going back to work?
8. What are Michael's first thoughts of the farm?
9. Discuss Dalva's grandfather's journals.
10. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of heritage in the novel and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the organization of the novel and the pros and cons of this organization.
Essay Topic 3
Heartache is a strong foil in the story. How does heartache prove to be a foil and what are the consequences of this foil?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)