|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is awakened by Frieda at 6:00 am?
2. How did Dalva's father die?
3. Who informs Dalva she is being tracked by Guillermo?
4. Whom does Dalva's grandfather leave his estate to?
5. Whom does Dalva meet for lunch at a nearby cafe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the phone conversation between Dalva and Ruth.
2. Discuss the letter Dalva receives from Ruth.
3. What is learned about Dalva's follower?
4. Discuss Dalva's grandfather's journals.
5. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
6. What causes an argument between Dalva and Michael?
7. What does Michael admit he is and is not interested in?
8. What happens when Dalva learns she is being followed?
9. Discuss Michael's letter to Dalva.
10. Why does Dalva like Duane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The genre of the novel is ___. Why does the book fall into this genre? Give at least three examples to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing plays a role in the novel when following past and present version of the story. What is the role of foreshadowing in the novel? What are the positive and negative aspects of this writing style?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the value of love in the story. Does love appear to be something that is valued and respected? Why or why not?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)