Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Michael of a Sioux boy with special powers that once worked on the farm?
2. Whom does Dalva call for assistance when being followed?
3. Who is Paul?
4. Who is Dalva's mother?
5. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Northridge's job.
2. Discuss Michael's letter to Dalva.
3. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
4. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
5. What does Duane do to the football players at school?
6. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
7. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
8. Discuss Dalva's grandfather's journals.
9. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
10. Why is Michael in the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of chapters and titles in the novel and the effect they have on the story.
Essay Topic 2
The history of the Sioux Indians is discussed in the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Indians and what are the effects of this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the value of love in the story. Does love appear to be something that is valued and respected? Why or why not?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)