Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Michael of a Sioux boy with special powers that once worked on the farm?
2. Whom does Dalva call for assistance when being followed?
3. Who is Paul?
4. Who is Dalva's mother?
5. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Northridge's job.
2. Discuss Michael's letter to Dalva.
3. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
4. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
5. What does Duane do to the football players at school?
6. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
7. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
8. Discuss Dalva's grandfather's journals.
9. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
10. Why is Michael in the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
The history of the Sioux Indians is discussed in the novel. What type of history does the novel give about the Indians and what are the effects of this?
Essay Topic 2
Decide who you believe to be the protagonist and the antagonist in the story. Explain why you chose these characters. What classifies these characters as being a protagonist and antagonist? What are the results of having a protagonist and an antagonist in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss setting. What is the role/importance of setting and how is it displayed?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)