|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Duane tells Dalva what was failing him during his death?
2. Where did Northridge plan to go to become a botanist?
3. How does Michael describe his first night at the farm?
4. Who does Northridge befriend to help them locate land?
5. Who is Dalva's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dalva and Duane meet?
2. What happens when Dalva learns she is being followed?
3. What are Michael's first thoughts of the farm?
4. What is Dalva's grandfather's response when she tells him she would rather shoot herself than have Duane remain gone?
5. What does Michael admit he is and is not interested in?
6. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
7. Why does Dalva like Duane?
8. What does Michael learn about Lundquist when speaking with him?
9. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
10. What happens while Dalva is with Michael in San Francisco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are character descriptions used to provide information on characters in the story? What are the benefits of character descriptions used in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Dalva's relationship with men with that of Ruth's relationships with men. What role do their relationships have in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Flashbacks are used in the novel. Discuss the role of flashbacks and the positive and negative influence they have.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)