|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is awakened by Frieda at 6:00 am?
2. Who tells Michael of a Sioux boy with special powers that once worked on the farm?
3. Who does Michael say appears never to be where he or she should be at any given time?
4. Who makes Michael sign a form that gives him or her permission to control all of his habits during their work together?
5. What happens to Dalva before giving birth to her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dalva's grandfather's response when she tells him she would rather shoot herself than have Duane remain gone?
2. What causes an argument between Dalva and Michael?
3. How does Duane die?
4. What happens during Dalva and Ted's lunch at a local cafe?
5. Discuss the present Dalva gets when she turns 17.
6. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
7. Who does Northridge speak of befriending?
8. Why does Dalva like Duane?
9. What happens when Dalva learns she is being followed?
10. What happens while Michael and Lundquist are at the Lazy Daze Tavern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the journey Dalva takes over the course of the novel. What does Dalva learn about herself during her journey?
Essay Topic 2
Religious differences involving Christianity and Indian beliefs are heavily shown in the novel. How are they shown and what is their significance in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of government in the novel and the positive and negative influence it has in the story.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)