|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Michael?
2. Who sends Dalva a necklace when she is ill?
3. Where does the story take place?
4. Where does Dalva learn that Duane lives with his adoptive mother?
5. Who is the father of Dalva's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dalva learns of Duane dying?
2. Why do Ruth and Ted separate?
3. What happens when Dalva visits Duane when he's dying?
4. What is Dalva's grandfather's response when she tells him she would rather shoot herself than have Duane remain gone?
5. Why does Dalva like Duane?
6. How do Dalva and Duane meet?
7. Discuss the present Dalva gets when she turns 17.
8. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
9. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
10. What does Michael learn about Lundquist when speaking with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the value of love in the story. Does love appear to be something that is valued and respected? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of peace and war is shown between the Indians and the white settlers. How is this idea of peace and war used and what effect does this have on the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the relationship between Dalva and Duane and the role it has in the story.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)