|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael wonder about Lundquist?
2. Who is Dalva's father?
3. To whom does Dalva write a journal?
4. What was Dalva's great grandfather's profession?
5. Who forces Dalva to move to a warmer climate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Michael's first thoughts of the farm?
2. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
3. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
4. Discuss Northridge's job.
5. Why does Dalva like Duane?
6. What is learned about Dalva's follower?
7. Discuss the present Dalva gets when she turns 17.
8. What causes an argument between Dalva and Michael?
9. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
10. Discuss Michael's letter to Dalva.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dalva's relationship with Duane with that of her relationship with Sam Creekmouth.
Essay Topic 2
Heartache is a strong foil in the story. How does heartache prove to be a foil and what are the consequences of this foil?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the journey Dalva takes over the course of the novel. What does Dalva learn about herself during her journey?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)