|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forces Dalva to move to a warmer climate?
2. Where was a ceremony held in honor of Duane after his death?
3. What does Michael walk toward when becoming disoriented on the farm?
4. What is the date of Dalva's son's birth?
5. How old was Dalva when her father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Duane die?
2. Discuss Northridge's job.
3. What happens when Dalva learns she is being followed?
4. What happens when Dalva learns of Duane dying?
5. What causes an argument between Dalva and Michael?
6. Discuss Dalva's family tree.
7. What does Michael feel involving the journals of Northridge?
8. Why does Dalva like Duane?
9. What does Michael admit he is and is not interested in?
10. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the organization of the novel and the pros and cons of this organization.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing plays a role in the novel when following past and present version of the story. What is the role of foreshadowing in the novel? What are the positive and negative aspects of this writing style?
Essay Topic 3
Decide who you believe to be the protagonist and the antagonist in the story. Explain why you chose these characters. What classifies these characters as being a protagonist and antagonist? What are the results of having a protagonist and an antagonist in the story?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)