|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Dalva's son's adoptive mother inform her?
(a) Dalva looks like her son.
(b) Dalva's son is dead.
(c) Dalva does not look like her son.
(d) Dalva's son does not want to meet her.
2. How many warriors does Sitting Bull have?
(a) 5 thousand.
(b) 15 hundred.
(c) 10 thousand.
(d) 6 thousand.
3. Who discovered the government was planning to move the Sioux to the Dakotas, in direct violation of the treaties?
(d) Dalva's grandfather.
4. Who witnesses a man shoot another man over a dog they both wanted for dinner when they were starving?
(c) Dalva's grandfather.
5. Where does Dalva return in "'Going Home', pg. 264-324"?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) The cave.
(d) The homestead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Michael seduce by saying he wants to help her model?
2. Whom does Dalva ask if they believe her son is still alive?
3. What happens when Michael hugs Naomi at the river?
4. Who tells Dalva he saw Duane in a bar a few weeks ago?
5. Who attacks Michael at a horse sale?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the tribe Northridge befriends during the war.
2. Why does Northridge ride to locate the wife of White Tree?
3. Discuss the attack against Michael at the horse sale.
4. Discuss Northridge's discovery of Crazy Horse's daughter.
5. How does Dalva learn who her son is?
6. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
7. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
8. How does Dalva find herself at peace over the unfairness of the world?
9. Discuss the journal entries of Northridge about the bodies he placed in the cellar.
10. What happens to Michael when he leaves the hospital?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)