|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karen bring with her during her second visit to see Michael?
(a) Beauty shots.
(d) Naked photographs.
2. Who informs Dalva he or she knows Duane is the father of Dalva's son?
3. How does Dalva's son's adoptive mother describe her son?
(a) Athletic, mean.
(b) Kind, a good student.
(c) Kind, athletic, a poor student.
(d) A poor student, unpleasant.
4. What does Michael require surgery for?
(a) His ribs.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His jaw.
5. Who builds a cage to protect the geese from being eaten on the farm?
(b) Michael and Lundquist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes an apology to Dalva for his or her behavior?
2. Who admits to sleeping with a nurse?
3. How many years did Northridge try to teach the native population to farm?
4. Who shoots guns into the air when Northridge passes by?
5. Who was awed, seeing a buffalo herd?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the months missing from Northridge's journal.
2. Why is Michael in the hospital?
3. How does Dalva learn who her son is?
4. What does Northridge discover about the government's plans for the Sioux?
5. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
6. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
7. Why does Northridge ride to locate the wife of White Tree?
8. Discuss the attack against Michael at the horse sale.
9. How does Dalva find herself at peace over the unfairness of the world?
10. Discuss Northridge's discovery of Crazy Horse's daughter.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)