|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacks Michael at a horse sale?
(b) Karen's brother.
(c) Karen's father.
(d) Karen's uncle.
2. Who compares Duane to Dalva's father?
3. When Northridge says he had no fruit or converts to show for his time spent as a missionary, how long had Northridge been working as such?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 7 years.
4. Who is One Stab?
(a) A guardian of the Creek tribe.
(b) A guardian of a white settlement.
(c) Northridge's Indian name.
(d) A guardian of the Sioux tribe.
5. Who discovered the government was planning to move the Sioux to the Dakotas, in direct violation of the treaties?
(a) Dalva's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
2. Who told Northridge the Sioux were dying so fast he should focus on saving souls?
3. Who arrives at Northridge's camp for the first time, covered in blood from hunting?
4. Whom does Dalva ask if they believe her son is still alive?
5. How does Michael apologize to Dalva while in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
2. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
3. Discuss the months missing from Northridge's journal.
4. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
5. What history does Michael learn about Northridge when going back to work?
6. What happens to Michael when he leaves the hospital?
7. How does Dalva find herself at peace over the unfairness of the world?
8. How do Dalva and Sam meet?
9. Discuss Lundquist's illness that occurs during the night.
10. Why does Northridge ride to locate the wife of White Tree?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)