|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Michael agree to let interview him?
(a) A high school newspaper.
(b) A local newspaper.
(c) Dalva's grandfather.
(d) His chairman.
2. What is Michael's speech at the rotary club about?
(a) The plight of the Creek at the hands of the white settlers.
(b) The white settlers revenge.
(c) The plight of the Sioux at the hands of the white settlers.
(d) The Sioux's heritage.
3. What do the Sioux declare Northridge to be?
(a) Too strange to kill.
(b) Too wise to kill.
(c) Too crucial to kill.
(d) Not worthy enough to kill.
4. What does Dalva wonder about Naomi and Nelse?
(a) If they're having an affair.
(b) If they're related.
(c) If they're married.
(d) If they dislike each other.
5. Northridge discovers Crazy Horse's daughter is ill with what?
(a) The flu.
(b) Whooping cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dalva go that she learns no longer exists?
2. Who planted trees and fruits to create orchards?
3. Who does Michael feel he is on thin ice with?
4. Where do Naomi and Michael go after Michael's speech at the rotary club?
5. Michael asks ____ if Dalva has a lover.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Michael when he leaves the hospital?
2. What does Michael realize about his life?
3. Discuss the dinner between Dalva, Ruth, Paul, and Fred.
4. Discuss the journal entries of Northridge about the bodies he placed in the cellar.
5. Discuss Lundquist's illness that occurs during the night.
6. Discuss Northridge's journal entry after five years of being a missionary.
7. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
8. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
9. How does Michael seduce Karen?
10. What happens when Northridge runs into a Cavalry group?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)