|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael mail to Ted?
(a) Karen's photos.
(b) Dalva's resume.
(c) The book he is writing.
(d) Davla's photos.
2. What does Michael require surgery for?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His ribs.
(d) His jaw.
3. Where does Dalva go that she learns no longer exists?
(a) A pond.
(b) A swale.
(c) A river.
(d) A cave.
4. Who witnesses a man shoot another man over a dog they both wanted for dinner when they were starving?
(b) Dalva's grandfather.
5. Who gives papers to Dalva, for Michael to sign, that indicate no charges will be filed against him?
(b) A sheriff.
(c) His chairman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is relieved she does not have to deal with Michael any more?
2. What does Dalva realize is the only thing she feels for Michael?
3. Who shoots guns into the air when Northridge passes by?
4. How many years did Northridge try to teach the native population to farm?
5. Who attacks Michael at a horse sale?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Karen's second visit to see Michael.
2. How do Dalva and Sam meet?
3. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
4. Discuss the tribe Northridge befriends during the war.
5. Why does Northridge ride to locate the wife of White Tree?
6. How does Michael seduce Karen?
7. What happens when Northridge runs into a Cavalry group?
8. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
9. Discuss One Stab's visit to Northridge.
10. What does Northridge discover about the government's plans for the Sioux?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)