|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who witnesses a man shoot another man over a dog they both wanted for dinner when they were starving?
(b) Dalva's grandfather.
2. What do the Sioux declare Northridge to be?
(a) Not worthy enough to kill.
(b) Too strange to kill.
(c) Too crucial to kill.
(d) Too wise to kill.
3. Who does Dalva reveal has died while at the Lazy Daze Tavern?
(d) Her son.
4. Where does Dalva go that she learns no longer exists?
(a) A river.
(b) A swale.
(c) A cave.
(d) A pond.
5. Who writes an apology to Dalva for his or her behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael asks ____ if Dalva has a lover.
2. Who agrees to take Michael when he is free from the hospital?
3. Who does Naomi admit she talks to daily?
4. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
5. What illness is Lunquist treated for in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Northridge runs into a Cavalry group?
2. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
3. How does Dalva find herself at peace over the unfairness of the world?
4. Discuss the months missing from Northridge's journal.
5. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
6. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
7. What happens when Michael mentions Duane to Dalva?
8. Discuss Karen's second visit to see Michael.
9. What happens to Michael when he leaves the hospital?
10. What does Michael realize about his life?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)