|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael's speech at the rotary club about?
(a) The white settlers revenge.
(b) The Sioux's heritage.
(c) The plight of the Creek at the hands of the white settlers.
(d) The plight of the Sioux at the hands of the white settlers.
2. Of what does Dalva's son's adoptive mother inform her?
(a) Dalva's son is dead.
(b) Dalva's son does not want to meet her.
(c) Dalva does not look like her son.
(d) Dalva looks like her son.
3. Who takes Michael to his rotary club speech?
(b) He goes alone.
4. What is Dalva doing when she screams into the wind about the unfairness of the world?
(a) Showing a horse.
(b) Swimming in the river.
(c) Riding a horse.
(d) Swimming in the pond.
5. Who lives with Paul on his estate?
(a) Three men.
(b) Three women.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) Two women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalva wonder about Naomi and Nelse?
2. Whom does Michael seduce by saying he wants to help her model?
3. What description does Northridge give that Michael finds important?
4. What does Dalva realize she has hoped for?
5. Who discovered the government was planning to move the Sioux to the Dakotas, in direct violation of the treaties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dalva find in the cellar?
2. Discuss the tribe Northridge befriends during the war.
3. Discuss the meeting between Dalva and her son's adoptive mother.
4. How does Michael seduce Karen?
5. What history does Michael learn about Northridge when going back to work?
6. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
7. How does Dalva learn who her son is?
8. Discuss Karen's second visit to see Michael.
9. How does Dalva find herself at peace over the unfairness of the world?
10. Discuss the journal entries of Northridge about the bodies he placed in the cellar.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)