|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Duane die?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Falling off of a horse.
2. Where did Northridge plan to go to become a botanist?
(a) The South.
(b) The North.
(c) The Mideast.
(d) The Midwest.
3. Why did Northridge decide to become a missionary?
(a) To force the native Americans off of their land.
(b) To help the native Americans learn to accept God.
(c) To help the native Americans learn to hunt.
(d) To help the native Americans learn to farm and love God.
4. Who is Dalva's father?
(a) John Wesley.
5. What happens to Dalva before giving birth to her son?
(a) She gets the flu.
(b) She loses the baby.
(c) She loses consciousness.
(d) She gets pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dalva's grandfather burned?
2. Whom does Ruth hope to get impregnated by?
3. Who is Grace Pindar?
4. Who is awakened by Frieda at 6:00 am?
5. Who does Michael say appears never to be where he or she should be at any given time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Michael's first thoughts of the farm?
2. What is Dalva's grandfather's response when she tells him she would rather shoot herself than have Duane remain gone?
3. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
4. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
5. Discuss the present Dalva gets when she turns 17.
6. What happens when Dalva learns she is being followed?
7. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
8. Discuss the phone conversation between Dalva and Ruth.
9. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
10. Discuss Dalva's grandfather's journals.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)