|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dalva's grandfather burned?
(a) A corn field.
(b) A lilac grove.
(c) A wheat field.
(d) A daisy field.
2. What does Michael realize about his involvement with the journals?
(a) He is having trouble reading the journals.
(b) He begins to judge the Sioux Indians.
(c) He begins to judge the white settlers.
(d) He is having trouble distancing himself from them.
3. Where does the story take place?
(a) Miami, Florida.
(b) Dallas, Texas.
(c) Santa Monica, California.
(d) San Francisco, California.
4. What does Michael admit about the time he writes his sabbatical?
(a) He was on drugs.
(b) He was high on life.
(c) He was drunk and on drugs.
(d) He was depressed.
5. Who reveals she has taken a lover?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dalva interrupted by whom while at a cafe?
2. Where does Dalva go to give birth to her son?
3. Who declares she is not pregnant?
4. What does Dalva refuse after a brief argument with Michael?
5. What do Dalva's great grandfather's journals include?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Ruth and Ted separate?
2. What does Michael admit he is and is not interested in?
3. What does Michael learn about Lundquist when speaking with him?
4. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
5. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
6. Why does Dalva like Duane?
7. How does Duane die?
8. Discuss Northridge's job.
9. What happens when Dalva learns of Duane dying?
10. Who does Northridge speak of befriending?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)