|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael realize about his involvement with the journals?
(a) He begins to judge the white settlers.
(b) He begins to judge the Sioux Indians.
(c) He is having trouble reading the journals.
(d) He is having trouble distancing himself from them.
2. What is Michael thrilled to learn about Northridge?
(a) He is friends with He Dog.
(b) He left Michael land in his will.
(c) He is a friend of Weeping Willow.
(d) He is still alive.
3. Where is Dalva arrested for speaking of Duane?
(a) Pine Ridge.
(b) San Francisco.
4. Duane tells Dalva what was failing him during his death?
(a) His pancreas, stomach, and liver.
(b) His liver and stomach.
(c) His pancreas.
(d) His heart.
5. Where was a ceremony held in honor of Duane after his death?
(a) Pine Ridge.
(b) The family farm.
(c) The beach.
(d) Key West.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Dalva to inform her Duana was dying?
2. Where does the story take place?
3. Who is said to be a highly dangerous man?
4. Who sends Dalva a necklace when she is ill?
5. How did Dalva's father die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dalva like Duane?
2. Why do Ruth and Ted separate?
3. What is learned about Dalva's follower?
4. What does Michael admit he is and is not interested in?
5. What happens while Dalva is with Michael in San Francisco?
6. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
7. What is Dalva's grandfather's response when she tells him she would rather shoot herself than have Duane remain gone?
8. What happens during Dalva and Ted's lunch at a local cafe?
9. How do Dalva and Duane meet?
10. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)