|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dalva go to give birth to her son?
(a) New York.
2. Who does Northridge befriend to help them locate land?
(a) A Swedish family.
(b) An English family.
(c) An Indian family.
(d) An Irish family.
3. Who called Dalva to inform her Duana was dying?
4. Who reveals she has taken a lover?
5. How long have Ruth and Ted been separated?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalva refuse after a brief argument with Michael?
2. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
3. What does Michael wonder about Lundquist?
4. What does Dalva say happened to the private collection of Indian artifacts that once accompanied the family papers?
5. On the way to Nebraska, where does Dalva set up camp for the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is learned about Dalva's follower?
2. Discuss the phone conversation between Dalva and Ruth.
3. What are Michael's first thoughts of the farm?
4. What happens during Dalva and Ted's lunch at a local cafe?
5. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
6. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
7. What is Dalva's grandfather's response when she tells him she would rather shoot herself than have Duane remain gone?
8. What happens when Dalva learns of Duane dying?
9. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
10. Discuss the present Dalva gets when she turns 17.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)