|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Michael to town to get the journals he seeks?
(c) He goes alone.
2. Who called Dalva to inform her Duana was dying?
3. Why is Ruth separated from her husband Ted?
(a) Ted is an alcoholic.
(b) Ted has an affair.
(c) Ted is gay.
(d) Ruth has an affair.
4. What does Dalva refuse after a brief argument with Michael?
(a) His help.
(b) His sexual advances.
(c) His advise.
(d) His friendship.
5. How long have Ruth and Ted been separated?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dalva call for assistance when being followed?
2. Who does Dalva recall comforting her when Duane died?
3. Who is Paul?
4. Who is unable to function without alcohol?
5. What does Dalva realize she is finally accepting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the months missing from Northridge's journal.
2. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
3. Discuss the attack against Michael at the horse sale.
4. What happens while Michael and Lundquist are at the Lazy Daze Tavern?
5. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
6. What does Michael realize about his life?
7. How does Duane die?
8. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
9. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
10. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)