|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael walk toward when becoming disoriented on the farm?
(b) A horse in distress.
(c) Church bells.
(d) Gun shots.
2. What frightens Michael on the farm?
(a) The animals and large landscape.
(b) His cabin.
(c) The sounds.
(d) Being alone.
3. Who takes Michael to town to get the journals he seeks?
(b) He goes alone.
4. Who forces Dalva to move to a warmer climate?
(a) Her doctor.
(d) Her boss.
5. Where was Duane when he was dying?
(a) San Destin.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Key West.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the story take place?
2. How long have Ruth and Ted been separated?
3. Whom does Dalva live with in Arizona?
4. Who is Grace Pindar?
5. Where does Michael go with Lundquist before getting in a car accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the events of Dalva's grandfather's death.
2. What does Michael admit he is and is not interested in?
3. What does Duane do to the football players at school?
4. What are Michael's first thoughts of the farm?
5. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
6. Who does Northridge speak of befriending?
7. What happens while Michael and Lundquist are at the Lazy Daze Tavern?
8. What does Dalva do after the birth of her son?
9. What does Michael learn about Lundquist when speaking with him?
10. Why do Ruth and Ted separate?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)