|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who forces Dalva to move to a warmer climate?
(a) Her doctor.
(c) Her boss.
2. How does Duane die?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Falling off of a horse.
3. Who is Grace Pindar?
(a) Duane's girlfriend.
(b) Duane's wife.
(c) Duane's mother.
(d) The wife of Duane's fishing partner.
4. What is Michael's job?
(c) Construction worker.
(d) History professor.
5. Where does Dalva learn that Duane lives with his adoptive mother?
(a) Pandora Ridge.
(b) Pine Valley.
(d) Pine Ridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the story take place?
2. What does Dalva say happened to the private collection of Indian artifacts that once accompanied the family papers?
3. Who does Dalva recall comforting her when Duane died?
4. Who is captured by police when sneaking around Dalva's garage?
5. What is Andrew's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Dalva's grandfather's journals.
2. Discuss the present Dalva gets when she turns 17.
3. Why do Ruth and Ted separate?
4. Discuss the phone conversation between Dalva and Ruth.
5. What are Michael's first thoughts of the farm?
6. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
7. What does Michael learn about Lundquist when speaking with him?
8. What is Dalva's grandfather's response when she tells him she would rather shoot herself than have Duane remain gone?
9. How does Duane die?
10. What happens while Michael and Lundquist are at the Lazy Daze Tavern?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)