|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
2. Where was Duane when he was dying?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Key West.
(c) San Destin.
3. Who explains to Michael that the whites were wrong to give a hoe to the Indian because they are hunters, not farmers?
(c) Dalva's grandfather.
4. Where is Dalva's grandfather burned?
(a) A corn field.
(b) A wheat field.
(c) A lilac grove.
(d) A daisy field.
5. Whose wife committed suicide?
(a) Dalva's brother's wife.
(b) Dalva's grandfather's wife.
(c) Lundquist's wife.
(d) Dalva's cousin's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Dalva she is being tracked by Guillermo?
2. Who sends Dalva a necklace when she is ill?
3. Who is Dalva's mother?
4. What do Duane and Dalva do before Duane dies?
5. Who goes to a meeting with Michael's chairman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Northridge ride to locate the wife of White Tree?
2. What is Dalva's grandfather's response when she tells him she would rather shoot herself than have Duane remain gone?
3. What does Michael find important in Northrdige's descriptions in his journal?
4. What does Michael learn about Lundquist when speaking with him?
5. What does Northridge discover about the government's plans for the Sioux?
6. Discuss the meeting with Michael's chairman.
7. How does Duane die?
8. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
9. What does Northridge write about involving the Sioux's freedom?
10. What causes an argument between Dalva and Michael?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)