|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declares she is not pregnant?
2. What does Dalva realize she is finally accepting?
(a) The loss of Duane.
(b) Her life in Santa Monica is coming to an end.
(c) Her life in Michigan is coming to an end.
(d) The loss of her son.
3. What does Dalva admit to Michael?
(a) She is scared of relationships.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She is barren.
(d) She is scared of men.
4. Who does Dalva lie and say impregnated her?
(a) A rancher.
(c) A priest.
(d) A hunter.
5. Who does Michael admit he is not interested in?
(a) The Cherokee Indians.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The white settlers.
(d) The Creek Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Duane die?
2. Why did Northridge decide to become a missionary?
3. What is the date of Dalva's son's birth?
4. Who tells Michael of a Sioux boy with special powers that once worked on the farm?
5. Who does Michael say appears never to be where he or she should be at any given time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael feel involving the journals of Northridge?
2. Discuss the phone conversation between Dalva and Ruth.
3. What happens when Dalva visits Duane when he's dying?
4. Discuss the birth of Dalva's son.
5. Discuss the letter Dalva receives from Ruth.
6. What happens while Michael and Lundquist are at the Lazy Daze Tavern?
7. Discuss Dalva's meeting with Duane's mother Rachel.
8. Why do Ruth and Ted separate?
9. Why does Dalva like Duane?
10. What causes an argument between Dalva and Michael?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)