|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Northridge's camp for the first time, covered in blood from hunting?
(a) The Sioux.
(b) The white settlers.
(c) The Creek Indians.
2. With what does Dalva find herself tired of involving Michael?
(a) His lack of personality.
(b) His self-realizations.
(c) His lack of humor.
(d) His lack of love.
3. Where does Dalva go that she learns no longer exists?
(a) A swale.
(b) A cave.
(c) A river.
(d) A pond.
4. What does Michael say he will never mention?
(a) The bodies or artifacts in the cellar.
(b) The Indian artifacts in the cellar.
(c) The bodies in the cellar.
(d) Their love affair.
5. What does Dalva wonder about Naomi and Nelse?
(a) If they're related.
(b) If they're married.
(c) If they're having an affair.
(d) If they dislike each other.
6. Who builds a cage to protect the geese from being eaten on the farm?
(d) Michael and Lundquist.
7. How does Dalva's son's adoptive mother describe her son?
(a) A poor student, unpleasant.
(b) Athletic, mean.
(c) Kind, a good student.
(d) Kind, athletic, a poor student.
8. Where does Dalva return in "'Going Home', pg. 264-324"?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) The cave.
(c) The homestead.
9. Whom does Dalva call about buying a dog?
(b) Sam Creekmouth.
10. Who compares Duane to Dalva's father?
11. Who does Michael agree to let interview him?
(a) A high school newspaper.
(b) A local newspaper.
(c) Dalva's grandfather.
(d) His chairman.
12. Who witnesses a man shoot another man over a dog they both wanted for dinner when they were starving?
(d) Dalva's grandfather.
13. Whose instructions does Northridge follow to rid himself of nightmares?
(a) His father.
(b) A medicine man.
(c) A medical book.
(d) His brother.
14. Who admits to sleeping with a nurse?
15. Who offers to repair the corral at the hunting cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives papers to Dalva, for Michael to sign, that indicate no charges will be filed against him?
2. Who is relieved she does not have to deal with Michael any more?
3. Who hires Naomi as a part time assistant?
4. Who shoots guns into the air when Northridge passes by?
5. Who lost almost their whole tribe to illness?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)