|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dalva learn about Paul's ranch?
(a) It no longer exists.
(b) It decreased in size.
(c) It expanded.
(d) It is up for sale.
2. What does Michael discover about Northridge and Aase?
(a) They got divorced.
(b) They got married.
(c) They never married.
(d) They had four children.
3. What does Dalva wonder about Naomi and Nelse?
(a) If they're having an affair.
(b) If they're married.
(c) If they're related.
(d) If they dislike each other.
4. Who discovered the government was planning to move the Sioux to the Dakotas, in direct violation of the treaties?
(d) Dalva's grandfather.
5. What is Dalva doing when she screams into the wind about the unfairness of the world?
(a) Riding a horse.
(b) Swimming in the river.
(c) Showing a horse.
(d) Swimming in the pond.
6. Who lost almost their whole tribe to illness?
(a) Weeping Willow.
(b) One Stab.
(c) Sitting Bull.
7. Who does Michael feel he is on thin ice with?
(b) His chairman.
8. What does Dalva realize she has hoped for?
(a) A relationship with Michael.
(b) Meeting her son.
(c) Finding her son.
(d) Finding Duane.
9. Who does Naomi admit she talks to daily?
(d) John Wesley.
10. Who does Michael question about why Northridge married Aase when she was terminally ill?
11. Of what does Dalva's son's adoptive mother inform her?
(a) Dalva does not look like her son.
(b) Dalva's son is dead.
(c) Dalva's son does not want to meet her.
(d) Dalva looks like her son.
12. What do the Sioux declare Northridge to be?
(a) Too strange to kill.
(b) Too crucial to kill.
(c) Not worthy enough to kill.
(d) Too wise to kill.
13. Whom does Sam remind Dalva of?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her son.
14. Who arrives at Northridge's camp for the first time, covered in blood from hunting?
(a) The white settlers.
(b) The Sioux.
(c) The Creek Indians.
15. What injury does Michael suffer?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) A jaw injury.
(d) Three broken ribs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What description does Northridge give that Michael finds important?
2. Who did Aase speak kindly of when she and Northridge were courting?
3. What does Karen bring with her during her second visit to see Michael?
4. Who does Dalva reveal has died while at the Lazy Daze Tavern?
5. What did Northridge admit he learned about politicians?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)