|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dalva arrested for speaking of Duane?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Pine Ridge.
2. What year does the story take place?
3. Who explains to Michael that the whites were wrong to give a hoe to the Indian because they are hunters, not farmers?
(c) Dalva's grandfather.
4. Who does Michael admit he is not interested in?
(a) The Creek Indians.
(b) The Cherokee Indians.
(c) The white settlers.
(d) The Sioux.
5. Who makes Michael sign a form that gives him or her permission to control all of his habits during their work together?
6. What does Dalva say happened to the private collection of Indian artifacts that once accompanied the family papers?
(a) She didn't know about a collection.
(b) The collection was sold.
(c) The collection was destroyed.
(d) The collection never existed.
7. Duane tells Dalva what was failing him during his death?
(a) His pancreas.
(b) His heart.
(c) His liver and stomach.
(d) His pancreas, stomach, and liver.
8. Where did Northridge plan to go to become a botanist?
(a) The Mideast.
(b) The Midwest.
(c) The South.
(d) The North.
9. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
10. Where does Dalva go to give birth to her son?
(d) New York.
11. Who is surprised to find several large trunks in perfect order?
12. Whose wife committed suicide?
(a) Dalva's cousin's wife.
(b) Dalva's brother's wife.
(c) Dalva's grandfather's wife.
(d) Lundquist's wife.
13. What does Michael wonder about Lundquist?
(a) If he is a decendant of Northridge.
(b) If he was in Northridge's will.
(c) If he has ever dated Dalva.
(d) If he still works on the farm.
14. Where is Dalva's grandfather burned?
(a) A lilac grove.
(b) A daisy field.
(c) A corn field.
(d) A wheat field.
15. Whom does Ruth hope to get impregnated by?
(a) Her priest.
(b) Dalva's boyfriend.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is unable to function without alcohol?
2. Who did Dalva discover was in jail for beating a police officer?
3. Who called Dalva to inform her Duana was dying?
4. Who served as a missionary to the Sioux Indians on behalf of the government?
5. What do Duane and Dalva do before Duane dies?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)