|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Dalva meet for lunch at a nearby cafe?
2. What do Duane and Dalva do before Duane dies?
(a) Have an argument.
(b) Get married.
(c) Have sex.
(d) Get a divorce.
3. Who takes Michael to town to get the journals he seeks?
(c) He goes alone.
4. Who ignores Dalva, causing her to fall in love with him?
5. Who does Northridge befriend to help them locate land?
(a) An Irish family.
(b) An Indian family.
(c) A Swedish family.
(d) An English family.
6. Who offers to find Dalva's son in exchange for family information?
7. Whom does Ruth hope to get impregnated by?
(a) Her neighbor.
(b) Her priest.
(c) Dalva's boyfriend.
(d) Her brother.
8. Where does Dalva go to give birth to her son?
(b) New York.
9. Where is Dalva arrested for speaking of Duane?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Pine Ridge.
10. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
11. Duane tells Dalva what was failing him during his death?
(a) His pancreas, stomach, and liver.
(b) His liver and stomach.
(c) His heart.
(d) His pancreas.
12. Who does Michael say appears never to be where he or she should be at any given time?
(c) Dalva's grandfather.
13. To whom does Dalva write a journal?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her mother.
14. What does Michael admit about the time he writes his sabbatical?
(a) He was high on life.
(b) He was drunk and on drugs.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was on drugs.
15. What does Michael realize about his involvement with the journals?
(a) He begins to judge the white settlers.
(b) He begins to judge the Sioux Indians.
(c) He is having trouble distancing himself from them.
(d) He is having trouble reading the journals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dalva learn about her relationship with Duane?
2. Who worked with troubled teens?
3. Where does Dalva learn that Duane lives with his adoptive mother?
4. Who sends Dalva a necklace when she is ill?
5. Who arranges a meeting with Ruth?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)