|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Dalva write a journal?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
2. Who does Dalva say has issues?
3. Who does Dalva lie and say impregnated her?
(a) A priest.
(c) A rancher.
(d) A hunter.
4. Who reveals she has taken a lover?
5. What does Michael realize about his involvement with the journals?
(a) He begins to judge the Sioux Indians.
(b) He is having trouble reading the journals.
(c) He begins to judge the white settlers.
(d) He is having trouble distancing himself from them.
6. How does Duane die?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Falling off of a horse.
7. Who is the father of Dalva's son?
8. What does Michael walk toward when becoming disoriented on the farm?
(a) A horse in distress.
(b) Gun shots.
(c) Church bells.
9. Who kisses Dalva after she wins a high school dance competition?
10. How long have Ruth and Ted been separated?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 12 years.
11. Whose offer does Dalva consider?
12. Who worked with troubled teens?
13. Whose wife committed suicide?
(a) Lundquist's wife.
(b) Dalva's grandfather's wife.
(c) Dalva's cousin's wife.
(d) Dalva's brother's wife.
14. Who gives Dalva a car when she turns 17?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandfather.
15. Who arranges a meeting with Ruth?
(a) Naomi and Michael.
(c) Dalva and Naomi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to find Dalva's son in exchange for family information?
2. What does Dalva admit to Michael?
3. As Dalva's grandfather dies, what appears?
4. Dalva interrupted by whom while at a cafe?
5. What does Dalva say happened to the private collection of Indian artifacts that once accompanied the family papers?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)