|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Dalva she is being tracked by Guillermo?
2. Who snuck away from a hospital and disappeared?
3. Who did Dalva discover was in jail for beating a police officer?
(c) Her grandfather.
4. Who offers to find Dalva's son in exchange for family information?
5. Who tells Michael of a Sioux boy with special powers that once worked on the farm?
6. Who forces Dalva to move to a warmer climate?
(a) Her doctor.
(d) Her boss.
7. Who does Michael say appears never to be where he or she should be at any given time?
(a) Dalva's grandfather.
8. Whom does Dalva's grandfather leave his estate to?
9. Who takes Michael to town to get the journals he seeks?
(a) He goes alone.
10. Whom does Dalva realize she is trying to save?
(d) Her son.
11. Who is Michael?
(a) Dalva's neighbor.
(b) Dalva's boyfriend.
(c) Ruth's boyfriend.
(d) Dalva's best friend.
12. What does Michael realize about his involvement with the journals?
(a) He begins to judge the Sioux Indians.
(b) He is having trouble reading the journals.
(c) He begins to judge the white settlers.
(d) He is having trouble distancing himself from them.
13. What do Duane and Dalva do before Duane dies?
(a) Get a divorce.
(b) Have sex.
(c) Get married.
(d) Have an argument.
14. Who accepts an offer to move back to Nebraska?
15. Who gives Dalva a car when she turns 17?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the story take place?
2. Who arranges a meeting with Ruth?
3. Who declares she is not pregnant?
4. Where did Northridge plan to go to become a botanist?
5. How does Duane die?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)