|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who forces Dalva to move to a warmer climate?
(a) Her boss.
(d) Her doctor.
2. Who is the father of Dalva's son?
3. Who is Dalva's mother?
4. What happens to Dalva before giving birth to her son?
(a) She gets pneumonia.
(b) She loses consciousness.
(c) She loses the baby.
(d) She gets the flu.
5. Where does the story take place?
(a) Miami, Florida.
(b) Dallas, Texas.
(c) Santa Monica, California.
(d) San Francisco, California.
6. Who sends Dalva a necklace when she is ill?
(c) Her grandfather.
7. Who is said to be a highly dangerous man?
8. What does Michael realize about his involvement with the journals?
(a) He is having trouble distancing himself from them.
(b) He begins to judge the Sioux Indians.
(c) He begins to judge the white settlers.
(d) He is having trouble reading the journals.
9. Where was a ceremony held in honor of Duane after his death?
(a) The beach.
(b) Key West.
(c) The family farm.
(d) Pine Ridge.
10. Why did Northridge decide to become a missionary?
(a) To help the native Americans learn to hunt.
(b) To force the native Americans off of their land.
(c) To help the native Americans learn to accept God.
(d) To help the native Americans learn to farm and love God.
11. Who has an affair with a priest?
12. Who called Dalva to inform her Duana was dying?
13. Who offers to find Dalva's son in exchange for family information?
14. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
15. What year does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dalva interrupted by whom while at a cafe?
2. What does Michael wonder about Lundquist?
3. Duane tells Dalva what was failing him during his death?
4. What does Dalva learn about her relationship with Duane?
5. Who is surprised to find several large trunks in perfect order?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)