|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael thrilled to learn about Northridge?
(a) He is still alive.
(b) He is friends with He Dog.
(c) He is a friend of Weeping Willow.
(d) He left Michael land in his will.
2. How much money does Michael learn Northridge had in the bank?
3. Who worked with troubled teens?
4. Who is awakened by Frieda at 6:00 am?
5. How old was Dalva when her father died?
6. What frightens Michael on the farm?
(a) His cabin.
(b) Being alone.
(c) The sounds.
(d) The animals and large landscape.
7. What does Dalva learn about her relationship with Duane?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are half-siblings.
(c) They do not get along.
(d) They are cousins.
8. What does Michael wonder about Lundquist?
(a) If he was in Northridge's will.
(b) If he is a decendant of Northridge.
(c) If he still works on the farm.
(d) If he has ever dated Dalva.
9. Who served as a missionary to the Sioux Indians on behalf of the government?
(a) Dalva's grandfather.
(b) Dalva's great grandfather.
(d) Dalva's brother.
10. Who is Michael?
(a) Dalva's boyfriend.
(b) Dalva's neighbor.
(c) Dalva's best friend.
(d) Ruth's boyfriend.
11. Where did Northridge plan to go to become a botanist?
(a) The South.
(b) The North.
(c) The Mideast.
(d) The Midwest.
12. Where is Dalva's grandfather burned?
(a) A wheat field.
(b) A daisy field.
(c) A lilac grove.
(d) A corn field.
13. Who reveals she has taken a lover?
14. Who ignores Dalva, causing her to fall in love with him?
15. Who accepts an offer to move back to Nebraska?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Michael say appears never to be where he or she should be at any given time?
2. What does Michael walk toward when becoming disoriented on the farm?
3. What does Michael admit about the time he writes his sabbatical?
4. What was Dalva's great grandfather's profession?
5. Who explains to Michael that the whites were wrong to give a hoe to the Indian because they are hunters, not farmers?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)