|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges a meeting with Ruth?
(a) Naomi and Michael.
(d) Dalva and Naomi.
2. As Dalva's grandfather dies, what appears?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A seagull.
3. Who called Dalva to inform her Duana was dying?
4. Who does Michael admit he is not interested in?
(a) The Cherokee Indians.
(b) The Creek Indians.
(c) The white settlers.
(d) The Sioux.
5. What do Dalva's great grandfather's journals include?
(a) Information on the white settlers 16th century.
(b) Information on the Indian problem in the 19th century.
(c) Information on the Indian problem in the 18th century.
(d) Information on the white settlers of the 20th century.
6. Whom does Ruth hope to get impregnated by?
(a) Dalva's boyfriend.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her priest.
7. What was Dalva's great grandfather's profession?
8. Who is surprised to find several large trunks in perfect order?
9. How does Duane die?
(b) Falling off of a horse.
(d) A heart attack.
10. Who is Paul?
(a) Dalva's friend.
(b) Dalva's uncle.
(c) Dalva's father.
(d) Dalva's fiance.
11. What year does the story take place?
12. Who snuck away from a hospital and disappeared?
13. Who kisses Dalva after she wins a high school dance competition?
14. Whom does Dalva meet for lunch at a nearby cafe?
15. Who sends Dalva a necklace when she is ill?
(c) Her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Northridge's brother, White Tree, die?
2. Whom does Dalva's grandfather leave his estate to?
3. Who is Grace Pindar?
4. Who does Michael say appears never to be where he or she should be at any given time?
5. Who declares she is not pregnant?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)