|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the story take place?
2. What is the date of Dalva's son's birth?
(a) May 27th.
(b) March 27th.
(c) June 27th.
(d) April 27th.
3. Who does Dalva say has issues?
4. What does Michael wonder might show in his work?
(a) His lack of ethics.
(b) His lack of interest.
(c) His lack of education.
(d) His bias.
5. Where does the story take place?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Santa Monica, California.
(c) Miami, Florida.
(d) Dallas, Texas.
6. Where does Dalva go to give birth to her son?
(c) New York.
7. Who is awakened by Frieda at 6:00 am?
8. Whose point of view does the book change to in section "'Michael,' pg. 109-144"?
9. Who writes letters from dying soldiers to their loved ones?
(c) Dalva's grandfather.
10. Who does Dalva lie and say impregnated her?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A priest.
(c) A rancher.
11. Whom does Dalva realize she is trying to save?
(a) Her son.
12. How does Northridge's brother, White Tree, die?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He gets pneumonia.
(c) His heart gives up on him.
(d) He is slaughtered by the soldiers.
13. Who explains to Michael that the whites were wrong to give a hoe to the Indian because they are hunters, not farmers?
(b) Dalva's grandfather.
14. Whom does Dalva meet for lunch at a nearby cafe?
15. What frightens Michael on the farm?
(a) His cabin.
(b) The sounds.
(c) The animals and large landscape.
(d) Being alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andrew's profession?
2. How does Michael describe his first night at the farm?
3. Who is Dalva's father?
4. Who is Paul?
5. What does Dalva realize she is finally accepting?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)