|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael walk toward when becoming disoriented on the farm?
(b) Gun shots.
(c) A horse in distress.
(d) Church bells.
2. Whom does Dalva live with in Arizona?
3. Where was Duane when he was dying?
(a) Key West.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) San Destin.
4. What does Michael realize about the family home when first arriving at the farm?
(a) It is filled with antiques worth nothing.
(b) It is filled with antiques worth a fortune.
(c) It is very calm and peaceful.
(d) It is oddly small.
5. Where did Northridge plan to go to become a botanist?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The Mideast.
(c) The North.
(d) The South.
6. How does Michael describe his first night at the farm?
7. Who has an affair with a priest?
8. Who served as a missionary to the Sioux Indians on behalf of the government?
(a) Dalva's brother.
(b) Dalva's grandfather.
(d) Dalva's great grandfather.
9. Dalva interrupted by whom while at a cafe?
(a) A local British man she's had relations with.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her doctor.
(d) A local Australian man she's had relations with.
10. What happens to Dalva before giving birth to her son?
(a) She loses consciousness.
(b) She gets pneumonia.
(c) She gets the flu.
(d) She loses the baby.
11. Where does Dalva learn that Duane lives with his adoptive mother?
(a) Pandora Ridge.
(b) Pine Ridge.
(c) Pine Valley.
12. Who gives Dalva a car when she turns 17?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
13. Whose offer does Dalva consider?
14. What does Dalva learn about her relationship with Duane?
(a) They do not get along.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are half-siblings.
(d) They are siblings.
15. Who makes Michael sign a form that gives him or her permission to control all of his habits during their work together?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Michael to town to get the journals he seeks?
2. Who does Dalva say has issues?
3. What is Michael's job?
4. Whom does Dalva call for assistance when being followed?
5. Who tries to pressure Dalva into giving him or her access to the family papers?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)