Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - 'Dalva', pg. 3-35.
1. Discuss Dalva's family tree.
2. Discuss the phone conversation between Dalva and Ruth.
3. Why do Ruth and Ted separate?
4. Discuss Dalva's job with troubled teens.
5. How do Dalva and Duane meet?
6. Why does Dalva like Duane?
7. What does Duane do to the football players at school?
8. What is Dalva's grandfather's response when she tells him she would rather shoot herself than have Duane remain gone?
This section contains 595 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)