|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
2. After the message is delivered to Winterbourne, what happens to Daisy?
3. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
4. Where does Winterbourne next see Giovanelli?
5. What is a further danger at night in the Colosseum?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Winterbourne lecture Daisy at the Palace of the Caesars?
2. How do Winterbourne's and Daisy's meetings taper off?
3. What happens in the winter of the same year Winterbourne met Daisy?
4. How does Giovanelli attempt to warn off Winterbourne who is walking toward him and Daisy?
5. Describe the coincidental meeting between Winterbourne and Daisy.
6. How does Winterbourne respond to Mrs. Walker's request that he stop seeing Daisy?
7. How does Daisy astonish Mrs. Walker that afternoon in her house?
8. What is the admonition Winterbourne receives from his aunt?
9. Describe the information Winterbourne receives about Daisy from Mrs. Walker.
10. Seeing Daisy with Giovanelli, how does he feel about her flirtation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing Daisy's disinterest in the antiquities of Chillon Castle to a modern American youth's attitude toward amusements and games before the electronic ear. In making the comparison use Daisy's attitude at Chillon to compare with a modern young person at a museum of old board games. Ideally this essay will have a humorous tone.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay entitled Why I Would Like to Visit Italy. Using some of the sites Daisy visits in Rome, give your reasons for wanting to visit there. Your essay should also mention Italian fashion and how it has influenced fashion in the USA.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about means of travel. Discuss (although it is not mentioned per se in the novella) how the Millers came from America and the various means of transportation mentioned in the book. Your essay should then compare travel in the 19th Century to 21st Century travel.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)