|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the funeral, what does Giovanelli proclaim about Daisy?
2. How does Daisy respond to all the advice?
3. What does Winterbourne scold Daisy about?
4. What does Winterbourne warn Daisy that she is becoming?
5. What renews Winterbourne's interest in Daisy Miller?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on writing. Using Henry James as an example, discuss your thoughts on the contribution writers have made toward civilization. Speculate in your essay what the world would be like without the great writing down through the ages.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about understanding other people. As an example, Winterbourne never seems to catch on to Daisy's teasing. Your essay should discuss the importance of learning other people's personalities in order to build good relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on standing up for what you believe. Daisy defies social convention and berates Winterbourne for not standing up for her. What is the value of taking a stand and remaining true to that position? Discuss what is important to support and what does not really matter.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)