Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
2. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
3. Why does Winterbourne arrive in Rome that winter?
4. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
5. When does Winterbourne decide emphatically that Daisy is not a nice girl?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay entitled, I Think Daisy Miller Would Fit in Well Today. What would she be like today? How would she dress? How would she be accepted by society today? Write about Daisy as a forerunner of the modern American woman.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay entitled Why I Would Like to Visit Italy. Using some of the sites Daisy visits in Rome, give your reasons for wanting to visit there. Your essay should also mention Italian fashion and how it has influenced fashion in the USA.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about cause and effect. Use the idea in DAISY MILLER that the night air causes malaria. Discuss how humans need to assign a cause or blame for anything but are very often wrong in their conclusions. Include some other old wives tales that were once accepted as the truth but are disproved today.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)