Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
2. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
3. Why does Winterbourne arrive in Rome that winter?
4. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
5. When does Winterbourne decide emphatically that Daisy is not a nice girl?
Write an essay comparing Daisy's disinterest in the antiquities of Chillon Castle to a modern American youth's attitude toward amusements and games before the electronic ear. In making the comparison use Daisy's attitude at Chillon to compare with a modern young person at a museum of old board games. Ideally this essay will have a humorous tone.
Write an essay about style versus fads. Use Daisy Miller as an example of a young woman who has excellent fashion tastes for her day. Give your opinion about good fashion today as opposed to fad dressing and poor taste.
Write an essay expressing your opinion as to whether double standards between the sexes still exist. In your essay discuss such things as unwed mothers, unequal pay for equal work, and excluding women from certain male sports.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)