Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
2. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
3. Why does Winterbourne arrive in Rome that winter?
4. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
5. When does Winterbourne decide emphatically that Daisy is not a nice girl?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing Daisy to the Cindy Lauper song, Girls Just Want to Have Fun. In your essay show how Henry James' Daisy Miller foreshadows a much less restrictive future for young American women.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on competition in love. Use the verbal sparring between Giovanelli and Winterbourne as an example of how men compete for the attention of a woman. In your essay suggest how Winterbourne might have done a better job of courting Daisy.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay entitled Why I Would Like to Visit Italy. Using some of the sites Daisy visits in Rome, give your reasons for wanting to visit there. Your essay should also mention Italian fashion and how it has influenced fashion in the USA.
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)