|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy berate Winterbourne for?
2. What is Daisy doing, according to Mrs. Costello, that disturbs Winterbourne?
3. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
4. Where does Winterbourne run into Daisy after not seeing her for some time?
5. What does Winterbourne scold Daisy about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about understanding other people. As an example, Winterbourne never seems to catch on to Daisy's teasing. Your essay should discuss the importance of learning other people's personalities in order to build good relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing Daisy's disinterest in the antiquities of Chillon Castle to a modern American youth's attitude toward amusements and games before the electronic ear. In making the comparison use Daisy's attitude at Chillon to compare with a modern young person at a museum of old board games. Ideally this essay will have a humorous tone.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the growth and change in America after the Civil War (1861-1865) which saw people like the Millers become quite wealthy through industry and become world travelers. Your essay should discuss the American spirit and the American dream that influenced its growth and development.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)