|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Winterbourne makes a conclusion that Daisy is not an innocent child but a woman with what attribute?
2. Who arrives in a carriage?
3. What does Mrs. Costello suggest Daisy might allow herself to do?
4. At the Colosseum, what does Winterbourne give Daisy over to?
5. Where does Winterbourne run into Daisy after not seeing her for some time?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Daisy turn the tables on Winterbourne when he warns her about Giovanelli?
2. What is Winterbourne's ulterior motive in going with Daisy to meet Giovanelli?
3. How does Daisy astonish Mrs. Walker that afternoon in her house?
4. Describe the information Winterbourne receives about Daisy from Mrs. Walker.
5. What shows the determination of Mrs. Walker to save the reckless American girl?
6. How does Mrs. Miller show her own naivete regarding Giovanelli?
7. Describe Daisy's coquettish behavior that Winterbourne takes the wrong way.
8. Describe the point at which Daisy and Winterbourne come into conflict.
9. What does Mrs. Walker say Daisy has done that is unacceptable?
10. How does James show that Daisy is not romantically interested in Giovanelli?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on writing. Using Henry James as an example, discuss your thoughts on the contribution writers have made toward civilization. Speculate in your essay what the world would be like without the great writing down through the ages.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay expressing your opinion as to whether double standards between the sexes still exist. In your essay discuss such things as unwed mothers, unequal pay for equal work, and excluding women from certain male sports.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay entitled, I Think Daisy Miller Would Fit in Well Today. What would she be like today? How would she dress? How would she be accepted by society today? Write about Daisy as a forerunner of the modern American woman.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)