Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
2. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
3. Why does Winterbourne arrive in Rome that winter?
4. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
5. When does Winterbourne decide emphatically that Daisy is not a nice girl?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about understanding other people. As an example, Winterbourne never seems to catch on to Daisy's teasing. Your essay should discuss the importance of learning other people's personalities in order to build good relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the differences in European social order and the more democratic social order of the USA. Discuss the idea of social classes and give your opinion about such structure.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on standing up for what you believe. Daisy defies social convention and berates Winterbourne for not standing up for her. What is the value of taking a stand and remaining true to that position? Discuss what is important to support and what does not really matter.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)