|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit of Randolph's is a great worry to his mother and Daisy?
2. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
3. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
4. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
5. What does the brother say Daisy's real name is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe briefly how Daisy enjoys creating a fuss.
2. How do even the women of this era accept the double standard of the sexes?
3. What is it that Daisy does that causes so much gossip among the Americans?
4. Relate an example of Daisy's stopping before going too far.
5. What does Winterbourne observe about Daisy and her mother?
6. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's nieces in America?
7. Explain Winterbourne's attraction to Daisy.
8. How does Winterbourne miss a third clue about Daisy's attraction to him?
9. Briefly describe the double standard about morality implied in the novel.
10. Describe Daisy's coquettish behavior with Winterbourne on the way to Chillon.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay entitled, I Think Daisy Miller Would Fit in Well Today. What would she be like today? How would she dress? How would she be accepted by society today? Write about Daisy as a forerunner of the modern American woman.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the value of preserving antiquities. List in your essay the reasons preserving architecture and artifacts have an important role to play in human understanding of our history.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay expressing your ideas about judging books by their covers. Daisy Miller suffers from being judged unfairly by prudes and snobs. Express you opinion about similar things happening today.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)