|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a further danger at night in the Colosseum?
(c) the police
2. What is missing in Daisy that parallels what is missing in the American expatriates?
(a) the ability to gossip
(b) the ability to make judgments of other people
(c) the ability to stand up for oneself
(d) the ability to see things as they really are
3. What is the era the navel DAISY MILLER takes place in?
(a) the Renaissance era
(b) the Victorian era
(c) the Edwardian era
(d) the Revolutionary era
4. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
(a) abandonment and destruction
(b) antiquity and promise
(c) grandeur and happiness
(d) atrocious violence in the past
5. What does Winterbourne notice about Giovanelli?
(a) that he keeps trying to get rid of Winterbourne
(b) that his English is heavily accented
(c) that he puts his arm around Daisy's slim waist
(d) that he is accomplished at speaking with American women
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy admit to being?
2. At the party, what does Daisy seem to prefer?
3. What does Mrs. Walker tell Mr. Winterbourne?
4. What do Daisy, Giovanelli, and Winterbourne do in the Pincian Garden?
5. What does Daisy say she intends to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Walker's snubbing of Daisy affect her?
2. What shows the determination of Mrs. Walker to save the reckless American girl?
3. How does Winterbourne respond to Mrs. Costello?
4. Describe Daisy's coquettish behavior that Winterbourne takes the wrong way.
5. What is Winterbourne's ulterior motive in going with Daisy to meet Giovanelli?
6. Describe the information Winterbourne receives about Daisy from Mrs. Walker.
7. What happens in the winter of the same year Winterbourne met Daisy?
8. Describe the difference between Mrs. Costello's opinion of Daisy and Mrs. Miller's opinion.
9. How does Henry James satirize Americans in the scene at Mrs. Walker's afternoon gathering?
10. At Mrs. Walker's party, how does Winterbourne alter to stop Daisy's behavior?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)