|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne say he had done to Daisy?
(a) contributed to the rumors about her
(b) slapped her face
(c) told her off
(d) an injustice
2. How does Daisy appear when Mrs. Walker refuses to speak to her?
3. What is the irony of the Americans disapproving of the outsiders?
(a) they are outsiders in Italy themselves
(b) they are long time Italian residents
(c) they disapprove of everyone
(d) they are ignorant of cultural differences
4. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
(a) Winterbourne is pursuing an American lady in Geneva
(b) Mrs. Costello refuses to see him again
(c) Winterbourne refuses to admit his mistake
(d) Winterbourne is having an affair with two women
5. What is the era the navel DAISY MILLER takes place in?
(a) the Revolutionary era
(b) the Victorian era
(c) the Edwardian era
(d) the Renaissance era
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
2. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello?
3. How does Daisy's letter to Winterbourne reveal her real feelings about him?
4. What does Mrs. Costello say Daisy's activities are causing ?
5. At what point does Winterbourne begin to doubt Daisy's innocence?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)