|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne say he had done to Daisy?
(a) contributed to the rumors about her
(b) told her off
(c) an injustice
(d) slapped her face
2. Why does Daisy say she must leave early?
(a) to walk at the Pincian Garden
(b) to get away from winterbourne
(c) to get something for her headache
(d) to pick up a new dress she bought
3. What does the American community use to punish non-conformists?
4. At the party, what does Daisy seem to prefer?
(a) showing off her new engagement ring
(b) talking with the other Americans
(c) spending more time with Winterbourne than Giovanelli
(d) asking the women where to buy new fashions
5. Who is the first person Winterbourne goes to visit in Rome?
(a) Giorgio Pinza, his Italian tailor
(b) Mr. Loren, his Italian banker
(c) Mrs. Miller, Daisy's mother
(d) Mrs. Walker, an American he knew in Geneva
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
2. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
3. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
4. Who does Mrs. Costello say has a good deal of manner and a wonderful mustache?
5. Why is Daisy miffed at Winterbourne?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Daisy turn the tables on Winterbourne when he warns her about Giovanelli?
2. How does Mrs. Walker's snubbing of Daisy affect her?
3. What happens in the winter of the same year Winterbourne met Daisy?
4. What is Winterbourne's ulterior motive in going with Daisy to meet Giovanelli?
5. How does Winterbourne respond to Mrs. Walker's request that he stop seeing Daisy?
6. Seeing Daisy with Giovanelli, how does he feel about her flirtation?
7. Describe Daisy's coquettish behavior that Winterbourne takes the wrong way.
8. At Mrs. Walker's party, how does Winterbourne alter to stop Daisy's behavior?
9. What confirmation about Daisy's innocence does Winterbourne finally receive?
10. How does Winterbourne respond to Mrs. Costello?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)