|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne warn Daisy that she is becoming?
(a) an old woman
(b) a typical expatriate
(c) too sophistocated
(d) unwelcome among the Americans
2. What request does Daisy make of Mrs. Walker?
(a) to tell her where she buys her clothes
(b) to ignore Mr. Winterbourne
(c) to bring a gentleman friend to her party
(d) to bring her some English tea
3. After the message is delivered to Winterbourne, what happens to Daisy?
(a) she returns to America
(b) she marries Giovanelli
(c) she dies
(d) she recuperates
4. At the funeral, what does Giovanelli proclaim about Daisy?
(a) her secret marriage to him
(b) her love for Winterbourne
(c) her lustfulness
(d) her innocence
5. How does Mrs. Walker react to Daisy's announcement?
(a) she warns that it is not safe
(b) she seems confused by Daisy's plan
(c) she is relieved that someone will meet Daisy
(d) she orders Daisy to remain at her place
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to all the advice?
2. When have Italian men been calling for Daisy at her hotel?
3. At the party, what does Daisy seem to prefer?
4. How does Daisy tease Winterbourne about her reported engagement?
5. What emotion prevents Winterbourne from going directly to see Daisy in Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Giovanelli attempt to warn off Winterbourne who is walking toward him and Daisy?
2. What happens in the winter of the same year Winterbourne met Daisy?
3. Describe the information Winterbourne receives about Daisy from Mrs. Walker.
4. How does Henry James satirize Americans in the scene at Mrs. Walker's afternoon gathering?
5. Describe the difference between Mrs. Costello's opinion of Daisy and Mrs. Miller's opinion.
6. What does Daisy say she is about to do that scandalizes the Americans at Mrs. Walker's house?
7. Seeing Daisy with Giovanelli, how does he feel about her flirtation?
8. At Mrs. Walker's party, how does Winterbourne alter to stop Daisy's behavior?
9. How does Winterbourne lecture Daisy at the Palace of the Caesars?
10. Describe the point at which Daisy and Winterbourne come into conflict.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)