|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
(a) that he is not interested
(b) that he wants to marry her
(c) that he hates the Italians
(d) that he is interested in her money
2. What news does Mrs. Costello have for her nephew?
(a) that the Millers are leaving tomorrow
(b) that Mr. Miller has joined his family
(c) that the Millers have left Rome
(d) that the Millers are in Rome
3. What does Winterbourne accept as the truth?
(a) the facts
(b) his observationsa
(c) the things Daisy says
(d) the appearance of things
4. What request does Daisy make of Mrs. Walker?
(a) to bring her some English tea
(b) to ignore Mr. Winterbourne
(c) to bring a gentleman friend to her party
(d) to tell her where she buys her clothes
5. At what time does Winterbourne run into Daisy and Giovanelli again at the Colosseum a week later?
(a) at five in the afternoon
(b) at two in the morning
(c) near midnight
(d) about seven-thirty
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Daisy miffed at Winterbourne?
2. What does Winterbourne agree that Daisy should do?
3. At the funeral, what does Giovanelli proclaim about Daisy?
4. Who does Winterbourne suggest will misinterpret Daisy's activities?
5. How does Mrs. Walker react to Daisy's announcement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Winterbourne's and Daisy's meetings taper off?
2. How does James show that Daisy is not romantically interested in Giovanelli?
3. How do the American women try to prevent Daisy from going to meet Giovanelli?
4. In what way does Daisy turn the tables on Winterbourne when he warns her about Giovanelli?
5. How does Winterbourne's attempt at a joke turn out badly?
6. How does Winterbourne lecture Daisy at the Palace of the Caesars?
7. What shows the determination of Mrs. Walker to save the reckless American girl?
8. At Mrs. Walker's party, how does Winterbourne alter to stop Daisy's behavior?
9. Seeing Daisy with Giovanelli, how does he feel about her flirtation?
10. How does Daisy astonish Mrs. Walker that afternoon in her house?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)