|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne do instead of trying to let Daisy know his true feelings?
(a) brushes her off to talk with Giovanelli
(b) insists that she apologize to Mrs. Walker
(c) obsesses over her relationship with the other man
(d) ignores her completely
2. What gossip does Winterbourne agree that Daisy is doing by her behavior?
(a) thumbing her nose at Americans
(b) going too far
(c) protecting her innocence
(d) being discreet
3. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
(a) abandonment and destruction
(b) antiquity and promise
(c) atrocious violence in the past
(d) grandeur and happiness
4. Why does Daisy say she must leave early?
(a) to get away from winterbourne
(b) to get something for her headache
(c) to walk at the Pincian Garden
(d) to pick up a new dress she bought
5. What does Daisy admit to being?
(a) a fearful, frightful flirt
(b) a devoute Christian
(c) an uncultured American girl
(d) older than she looks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy ask if Winterbourne remembers?
2. How does Daisy respond to all the advice?
3. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello?
4. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
5. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the difference between Mrs. Costello's opinion of Daisy and Mrs. Miller's opinion.
2. What does Daisy say she is about to do that scandalizes the Americans at Mrs. Walker's house?
3. How does Mrs. Walker's snubbing of Daisy affect her?
4. How does Winterbourne begin to size up Giovanelli?
5. What is the admonition Winterbourne receives from his aunt?
6. How does Giovanelli attempt to warn off Winterbourne who is walking toward him and Daisy?
7. How does Winterbourne's attempt at a joke turn out badly?
8. What happens in the winter of the same year Winterbourne met Daisy?
9. How does Daisy astonish Mrs. Walker that afternoon in her house?
10. At Mrs. Walker's party, how does Winterbourne alter to stop Daisy's behavior?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)