|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the rumors about what Winterbourne is pursuing in Geneva?
(a) acceptance into a monastery
(b) a life of regret
(c) a new career
(d) a clever foreign lady
2. What news does Mrs. Costello have for her nephew?
(a) that Mr. Miller has joined his family
(b) that the Millers are leaving tomorrow
(c) that the Millers are in Rome
(d) that the Millers have left Rome
3. What does Mrs. Costello suggest Daisy might allow herself to do?
(a) become pregnant
(b) become a common street walker
(c) break Winterbourne's heart
(d) become engaged to Giovanelli
4. What resolve does Winterbourne make about Daisy's meeting with Giovanelli?
(a) not to leave them alone together
(b) to show Daisy what kind of man Giovanelli is
(c) to challenge Giovanelli to a duel
(d) to pretend to leave and then follow them
5. At what time does Winterbourne run into Daisy and Giovanelli again at the Colosseum a week later?
(a) near midnight
(b) about seven-thirty
(c) at five in the afternoon
(d) at two in the morning
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne ask Daisy to do?
2. What does Winterbourne say he had done to Daisy?
3. What does Winterbourne warn Daisy that she is becoming?
4. What does Daisy say is a disagreeable thing for Winterbourne today?
5. What does the American community use to punish non-conformists?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)