|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a further danger at night in the Colosseum?
(b) the police
2. What does Winterbourne agree that Daisy should do?
(a) tell Mrs. Walker to mind her own business
(b) stop fraternizing with the Italians
(c) go with the older woman
(d) terminate her friendship with Giovanelli
3. After the message is delivered to Winterbourne, what happens to Daisy?
(a) she returns to America
(b) she recuperates
(c) she dies
(d) she marries Giovanelli
4. What is the irony of the Americans disapproving of the outsiders?
(a) they are long time Italian residents
(b) they are outsiders in Italy themselves
(c) they disapprove of everyone
(d) they are ignorant of cultural differences
5. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
(a) hold the door open for Daisy to exit
(b) find Daisy a carriage
(c) call on Daisy the next day
(d) walk with Daisy to her rendezvous
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy tease Winterbourne about her reported engagement?
2. What news does Mrs. Costello have for her nephew?
3. When does Winterbourne decide emphatically that Daisy is not a nice girl?
4. How does Daisy see her flirtations as being?
5. What indicates that Winterbourne is actually eager to see Daisy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Walker's snubbing of Daisy affect her?
2. How does Winterbourne respond to Mrs. Walker's request that he stop seeing Daisy?
3. How does the news about Daisy alter Winterbourne's plans after he arrives in Rome?
4. How do the American women try to prevent Daisy from going to meet Giovanelli?
5. Describe the information Winterbourne receives about Daisy from Mrs. Walker.
6. Describe the point at which Daisy and Winterbourne come into conflict.
7. Describe the difference between Mrs. Costello's opinion of Daisy and Mrs. Miller's opinion.
8. What is the admonition Winterbourne receives from his aunt?
9. How does Mrs. Miller show her own naivete regarding Giovanelli?
10. Describe the coincidental meeting between Winterbourne and Daisy.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)