|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winterbourne defend Daisy?
(a) saying she is the innocent victim of her beauty
(b) saying she is not cultured but not bad
(c) saying she is only naive
(d) saying she is just trying to learn the language
2. What does Winterbourne say he had done to Daisy?
(a) an injustice
(b) slapped her face
(c) told her off
(d) contributed to the rumors about her
3. Figuratively, what does Winterbourne choose to do with Daisy that night at the Colosseum?
(a) teach her about impropriety
(b) give her to Caesar
(c) rescue her from danger
(d) throw her to the lions
4. What does Winterbourne accept as the truth?
(a) his observationsa
(b) the appearance of things
(c) the facts
(d) the things Daisy says
5. What news does Mrs. Costello have for her nephew?
(a) that Mr. Miller has joined his family
(b) that the Millers are leaving tomorrow
(c) that the Millers have left Rome
(d) that the Millers are in Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Costello suggest Daisy might allow herself to do?
2. Where does Winterbourne run into Daisy after not seeing her for some time?
3. What is the contrast between the Millers and Rome?
4. Seen by Daisy as he is about to leave the Colosseum, what does she accuse Winterbourne of?
5. Who arrives in a carriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Winterbourne's attempt at a joke turn out badly?
2. To solve the problem of Daisy's going alone, how does Winterbourne provide an answer?
3. How does the news about Daisy alter Winterbourne's plans after he arrives in Rome?
4. In what way does Daisy turn the tables on Winterbourne when he warns her about Giovanelli?
5. How does Daisy astonish Mrs. Walker that afternoon in her house?
6. How does Giovanelli attempt to warn off Winterbourne who is walking toward him and Daisy?
7. Describe Daisy's coquettish behavior that Winterbourne takes the wrong way.
8. How do the American women try to prevent Daisy from going to meet Giovanelli?
9. Seeing Daisy with Giovanelli, how does he feel about her flirtation?
10. How does James show that Daisy is not romantically interested in Giovanelli?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)