|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Winterbourne's and Daisy's paths gradually stop crossing?
(a) Daisy travels to Paris
(b) their mutual friends stop inviting her places
(c) she avoids Winterbourne
(d) Mrs. Costello insists on it
2. What is the era the navel DAISY MILLER takes place in?
(a) the Renaissance era
(b) the Edwardian era
(c) the Victorian era
(d) the Revolutionary era
3. How does Daisy's letter to Winterbourne reveal her real feelings about him?
(a) a promise to see him when she recovers
(b) remembering the trip to Chillon Castle
(c) an out right declaration of love
(d) an apology for her behavior
4. How does Winterbourne defend Daisy?
(a) saying she is not cultured but not bad
(b) saying she is just trying to learn the language
(c) saying she is only naive
(d) saying she is the innocent victim of her beauty
5. What is a further danger at night in the Colosseum?
(a) the police
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say is a disagreeable thing for Winterbourne today?
2. What news does Mrs. Costello have for her nephew?
3. What does flirtation mean to the American expatriates in Rome?
4. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
5. Figuratively, what does Winterbourne choose to do with Daisy that night at the Colosseum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confirmation about Daisy's innocence does Winterbourne finally receive?
2. What is Winterbourne's ulterior motive in going with Daisy to meet Giovanelli?
3. How does Winterbourne respond to Mrs. Costello?
4. How do Winterbourne's and Daisy's meetings taper off?
5. How does Mrs. Miller show her own naivete regarding Giovanelli?
6. At Mrs. Walker's party, how does Winterbourne alter to stop Daisy's behavior?
7. Describe the information Winterbourne receives about Daisy from Mrs. Walker.
8. Describe the coincidental meeting between Winterbourne and Daisy.
9. How do the American women try to prevent Daisy from going to meet Giovanelli?
10. What does Daisy say she is about to do that scandalizes the Americans at Mrs. Walker's house?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)