|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to all the advice?
(a) she walks away with Giovanelli
(b) she breaks down sobbing
(c) she meekly gets into the carriage
(d) she throwns a temper tantrum
2. Who does Winterbourne suggest will misinterpret Daisy's activities?
(a) the Americans
(b) the children
(c) the locals
(d) the religious
3. Who does Mrs. Costello say has a good deal of manner and a wonderful mustache?
(a) the men Daisy has been seeing
(b) Mr. Miller
4. More so in Rome, what is the central theme of the novel?
(b) appearance versus reality
(c) outrageous behavior
(d) the mystery of Daisy
5. At the party, what does Daisy seem to prefer?
(a) asking the women where to buy new fashions
(b) talking with the other Americans
(c) spending more time with Winterbourne than Giovanelli
(d) showing off her new engagement ring
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy's letter to Winterbourne reveal her real feelings about him?
2. What does Mrs. Costello suggest Daisy might allow herself to do?
3. What does Mrs. Miller suppose Daisy's situation is?
4. What does Daisy berate Winterbourne for?
5. What does Winterbourne warn Daisy that she is becoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Winterbourne respond to Mrs. Costello?
2. At Mrs. Walker's party, how does Winterbourne alter to stop Daisy's behavior?
3. Describe the coincidental meeting between Winterbourne and Daisy.
4. What shows the determination of Mrs. Walker to save the reckless American girl?
5. How do the American women try to prevent Daisy from going to meet Giovanelli?
6. In what way does Daisy turn the tables on Winterbourne when he warns her about Giovanelli?
7. What is the admonition Winterbourne receives from his aunt?
8. How does Winterbourne lecture Daisy at the Palace of the Caesars?
9. How does Mrs. Walker's snubbing of Daisy affect her?
10. How does Daisy astonish Mrs. Walker that afternoon in her house?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)