|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Winterbourne no longer believes in about Daisy?
(a) her intelligence
(b) her innocence
(c) her sense of style
(d) her indiscretion
2. At what time does Winterbourne run into Daisy and Giovanelli again at the Colosseum a week later?
(a) near midnight
(b) at two in the morning
(c) at five in the afternoon
(d) about seven-thirty
3. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
(a) being too friendly with all natives
(b) dressing prevocatively
(c) walking around with two men
(d) meeting an Italian man in public
4. What does Mrs. Miller suppose Daisy's situation is?
(a) perfectly natural for any young girl
(b) carefree and able to take care of herself
(c) the innocent victim of gossip
(d) engaged and thus not in any danger
5. What kind of company does Mrs. Costello say Daisy has been keeping?
(a) married men
(b) low-class locals
(c) Italian royalty
(d) American expatriates
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne scold Daisy about?
2. What does Winterbourne learn at Daisy's funeral?
3. What is missing in Daisy that parallels what is missing in the American expatriates?
4. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello?
5. What does Winterbourne warn Daisy that she is becoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the news about Daisy alter Winterbourne's plans after he arrives in Rome?
2. Describe the point at which Daisy and Winterbourne come into conflict.
3. How does Winterbourne's attempt at a joke turn out badly?
4. Describe the information Winterbourne receives about Daisy from Mrs. Walker.
5. What happens in the winter of the same year Winterbourne met Daisy?
6. Seeing Daisy with Giovanelli, how does he feel about her flirtation?
7. At Mrs. Walker's party, how does Winterbourne alter to stop Daisy's behavior?
8. How does Henry James satirize Americans in the scene at Mrs. Walker's afternoon gathering?
9. Describe Daisy's coquettish behavior that Winterbourne takes the wrong way.
10. What is the admonition Winterbourne receives from his aunt?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)