|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Winterbourne no longer believes in about Daisy?
(a) her intelligence
(b) her indiscretion
(c) her innocence
(d) her sense of style
2. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
(a) Winterbourne refuses to admit his mistake
(b) Winterbourne is pursuing an American lady in Geneva
(c) Winterbourne is having an affair with two women
(d) Mrs. Costello refuses to see him again
3. What does Daisy admit to being?
(a) an uncultured American girl
(b) a devoute Christian
(c) a fearful, frightful flirt
(d) older than she looks
4. Figuratively, what does Winterbourne choose to do with Daisy that night at the Colosseum?
(a) teach her about impropriety
(b) throw her to the lions
(c) rescue her from danger
(d) give her to Caesar
5. Winterbourne makes a conclusion that Daisy is not an innocent child but a woman with what attribute?
(a) disregard for social propriety
(c) willingness to conform to social propriety
(d) care about what others think of her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne scold Daisy about?
2. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
3. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
4. What does Mrs. Walker want Daisy to do?
5. What does Winterbourne tell Daisy about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confirmation about Daisy's innocence does Winterbourne finally receive?
2. Seeing Daisy with Giovanelli, how does he feel about her flirtation?
3. How does the news about Daisy alter Winterbourne's plans after he arrives in Rome?
4. What does Daisy say she is about to do that scandalizes the Americans at Mrs. Walker's house?
5. How does Daisy astonish Mrs. Walker that afternoon in her house?
6. What is the admonition Winterbourne receives from his aunt?
7. At Mrs. Walker's party, how does Winterbourne alter to stop Daisy's behavior?
8. Describe the information Winterbourne receives about Daisy from Mrs. Walker.
9. Describe the point at which Daisy and Winterbourne come into conflict.
10. What is Winterbourne's ulterior motive in going with Daisy to meet Giovanelli?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)