Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
(a) as a proper girl misunderstood by the Americans
(b) as merely testing the social restrictions in Vevey
(c) as learning how to test a foreign society
(d) as purely innocent but finding excitement
2. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
(a) gets Giovanelli to hire a carriage to take them away
(b) hides herself and Giovanelli behind her parasol
(c) screams at Winterbourne to go away
(d) leads Giovanelli into a crowd where they get lost
3. Why does Winterbourne arrive in Rome that winter?
(a) to travel on to Spain
(b) to see the colosseum
(c) to help find a school for Randolf
(d) to visit his aunt
4. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
(a) Mrs. Costello refuses to see him again
(b) Winterbourne refuses to admit his mistake
(c) Winterbourne is having an affair with two women
(d) Winterbourne is pursuing an American lady in Geneva
5. When does Winterbourne decide emphatically that Daisy is not a nice girl?
(a) seeing her out with two men at the same time
(b) seeing her enter her hotel at one a. m.
(c) hiding herself behind her parasol
(d) seeing her at the Colosseum with Giovanelli
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Costello say Daisy's activities are causing ?
2. What is the contrast between the Millers and Rome?
3. What is Daisy doing, according to Mrs. Costello, that disturbs Winterbourne?
4. How does Mrs. Walker react to Daisy's announcement?
5. At what time does Winterbourne run into Daisy and Giovanelli again at the Colosseum a week later?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)