|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives in a carriage?
(a) Mrs. Costello
(b) Mrs. Giovanelli
(c) Mrs. Walker
(d) Mrs. Miller
2. What is a further danger at night in the Colosseum?
(d) the police
3. What rude comment does Randolph make to Mrs. Walker?
(a) that their hotel rooms are bigger than hers
(b) that his father has more money than she does
(c) that her dress looks frumpy
(d) that she has no sweets for him to eat
4. What kind of company does Mrs. Costello say Daisy has been keeping?
(a) married men
(b) low-class locals
(c) Italian royalty
(d) American expatriates
5. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
(a) abandonment and destruction
(b) atrocious violence in the past
(c) grandeur and happiness
(d) antiquity and promise
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daisy doing, according to Mrs. Costello, that disturbs Winterbourne?
2. What is the contrast between the Millers and Rome?
3. What does Winterbourne do instead of trying to let Daisy know his true feelings?
4. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
5. Figuratively, what does Winterbourne choose to do with Daisy that night at the Colosseum?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Daisy turn the tables on Winterbourne when he warns her about Giovanelli?
2. Seeing Daisy with Giovanelli, how does he feel about her flirtation?
3. What shows the determination of Mrs. Walker to save the reckless American girl?
4. Describe the difference between Mrs. Costello's opinion of Daisy and Mrs. Miller's opinion.
5. Describe Daisy's coquettish behavior that Winterbourne takes the wrong way.
6. What does Daisy say she is about to do that scandalizes the Americans at Mrs. Walker's house?
7. What is the admonition Winterbourne receives from his aunt?
8. How does Winterbourne's attempt at a joke turn out badly?
9. To solve the problem of Daisy's going alone, how does Winterbourne provide an answer?
10. How does Mrs. Walker's snubbing of Daisy affect her?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)