|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people like Mrs. Costello often make judgments of others?
(a) based on the facts
(b) based on gossip
(c) based on the Bible
(d) based on observation
2. What does Winterbourne notice about Giovanelli?
(a) that his English is heavily accented
(b) that he is accomplished at speaking with American women
(c) that he puts his arm around Daisy's slim waist
(d) that he keeps trying to get rid of Winterbourne
3. Winterbourne makes a conclusion that Daisy is not an innocent child but a woman with what attribute?
(a) care about what others think of her
(c) disregard for social propriety
(d) willingness to conform to social propriety
4. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
(a) bending to the Victorian social mores
(b) trying to teach cultural differences to the Americans
(c) looking for an Italian husband
(d) deliberately flaunting the Victorian social mores
5. How does Daisy appear when Mrs. Walker refuses to speak to her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
2. When have Italian men been calling for Daisy at her hotel?
3. What rude comment does Randolph make to Mrs. Walker?
4. What emotion prevents Winterbourne from going directly to see Daisy in Rome?
5. What does Winterbourne learn at Daisy's funeral?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)