|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Winterbourne next see Giovanelli?
(a) on the train to Switzerland
(b) walking with another American girl
(c) at Daisy's funeral
(d) sitting alone in the park
2. What does Mrs. Costello say Daisy's activities are causing ?
(a) Italians to laugh at the Americans
(b) a bad impression to the Italians
(c) danger to her health
(d) much gossip among the Americans
3. What is it that Winterbourne no longer believes in about Daisy?
(a) her sense of style
(b) her innocence
(c) her indiscretion
(d) her intelligence
4. Who does Mrs. Costello say has a good deal of manner and a wonderful mustache?
(a) Mr. Miller
(c) the men Daisy has been seeing
5. How does Mrs. Walker react to Daisy's announcement?
(a) she is relieved that someone will meet Daisy
(b) she seems confused by Daisy's plan
(c) she warns that it is not safe
(d) she orders Daisy to remain at her place
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy say she must leave early?
2. What is missing in Daisy that parallels what is missing in the American expatriates?
3. What does Winterbourne accept as the truth?
4. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
5. A year later back in Vevey what does Winterbourne confess to his aunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confirmation about Daisy's innocence does Winterbourne finally receive?
2. In what way does Daisy turn the tables on Winterbourne when he warns her about Giovanelli?
3. To solve the problem of Daisy's going alone, how does Winterbourne provide an answer?
4. Describe the difference between Mrs. Costello's opinion of Daisy and Mrs. Miller's opinion.
5. What shows the determination of Mrs. Walker to save the reckless American girl?
6. How do Winterbourne's and Daisy's meetings taper off?
7. Seeing Daisy with Giovanelli, how does he feel about her flirtation?
8. How does Mrs. Walker's snubbing of Daisy affect her?
9. How does Giovanelli attempt to warn off Winterbourne who is walking toward him and Daisy?
10. What does Daisy say she is about to do that scandalizes the Americans at Mrs. Walker's house?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)