|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
(a) leave a security deposit
(b) hire a chaperon
(c) take the little brother along
(d) to introduce Daisy to his aunt
2. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
(a) an hour and a half
(b) half an hour
(c) an hour
(d) twenty minutes
3. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
(a) upset that he has to deal with the younger brother
(b) openly showing his disapproval
(c) glad to be relieved of watching her
(d) afraid that Mrs. Miller will fire him
4. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
(a) anything non controversial
(b) anything moral
(c) anything secret
(d) anything wrong
5. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
(a) as if he has made a mistake
(b) as if something dreadful is about to happen
(c) as if he cannot move his feet
(d) as if something romantic is going on
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the brother say Daisy's real name is?
2. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
3. What does Daisy say about his grin?
4. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
5. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Seeing Daisy with Giovanelli, how does he feel about her flirtation?
2. In what way does Daisy turn the tables on Winterbourne when he warns her about Giovanelli?
3. What is the admonition Winterbourne receives from his aunt?
4. How does Winterbourne respond to Mrs. Costello?
5. How does Winterbourne miss a third clue about Daisy's attraction to him?
6. What shows Daisy's awareness of the American expatriates' snobbishness?
7. What are some of the Miller family behaviors that appear objectionable to the American expatriates?
8. Briefly describe the double standard about morality implied in the novel.
9. How do Winterbourne's and Daisy's meetings taper off?
10. How does Winterbourne's attempt at a joke turn out badly?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)