|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
(a) a week
(b) one day
(c) a fortnight
(d) two days
2. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) travel with a courier
(b) consort with strange men without an escort
(c) speak before spoken to
(d) wear the latest fashions
3. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
(a) if they have schools
(b) if they eat hotdogs for breakfast
(c) if they all live in hotels
(d) if they are all rich
4. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
(a) what she does in plain view is easy to tell what she does in private
(b) the gossip is enough to brand her as immoral
(c) she tells on herself
(d) she appears to be pregnant
5. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) all the bad experiences she has had
(b) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(c) the problem she has meeting men
(d) the different kinds of weather she has seen
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
2. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
3. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
4. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
5. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shows Daisy's awareness of the American expatriates' snobbishness?
2. What are the questions James raises about Daisy Miller?
3. What makes Winterbourne so proud on the trip to Chillon?
4. What is Winterbourne's self-image on the trip?
5. What is the basis on which the questions of Daisy's innocence is judged?
6. What seems to be a flirtatious pastime of Daisy's?
7. What is the overall objection to the Miller family?
8. Describe briefly how Daisy enjoys creating a fuss.
9. Describe Daisy's coquettish behavior with Winterbourne on the way to Chillon.
10. What behavior on the part of the Millers accentuates the European-American conflict?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)