|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
(a) everyone can see them meet
(b) he feels over dressed
(c) his aunt might come down
(d) maybe she won't come
2. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
(a) looking for a boat to hire
(b) having a pleasant conversation with her mother
(c) checking to see when the next steamer leaves for Chillon
(d) trying to think of something interesting to say
3. What does Daisy say about his grin?
(a) his ears are very near together
(b) he's not laughing with his eyes
(c) he looks like he ate the canary
(d) he's turned it upside down
4. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
(a) the formality
(b) the condescension
(c) the antagonism
(d) the familiarity
5. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
(a) that he come see her in Rome
(b) that he write letters to her from Geneva
(c) that he take her dancing that evening
(d) that he return to the hotel before she leaves for Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
2. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
3. What habit of Randolph's is a great worry to his mother and Daisy?
4. What does Daisy say she has always had?
5. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's nieces in America?
2. How does the courier Eugenio react to the suggestion that Daisy go to the Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
3. Explain Winterbourne's first impression of Daisy.
4. Explain Winterbourne's attraction to Daisy.
5. What seems to be a flirtatious pastime of Daisy's?
6. Describe Daisy's coquettish behavior with Winterbourne on the way to Chillon.
7. What is the basis on which the questions of Daisy's innocence is judged?
8. What shows the ineptitude of Mrs. Miller as a mother?
9. What are the questions James raises about Daisy Miller?
10. What is it that Daisy does that causes so much gossip among the Americans?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)