|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the American community use to punish non-conformists?
2. What does Daisy not see in the Italian men she goes out with?
(a) that their manners are crude
(b) that they are married men
(c) that they are uneducated
(d) that they are fortune hunters
3. What gossip does Winterbourne agree that Daisy is doing by her behavior?
(a) thumbing her nose at Americans
(b) protecting her innocence
(c) being discreet
(d) going too far
4. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
(a) she really is engaged to Giovanelli
(b) she is not the nice girl he thought she was
(c) she is not as dangerous as his aunt thinks
(d) she has completely lost her senses
5. What does Mrs. Costello suggest Daisy might allow herself to do?
(a) become a common street walker
(b) become pregnant
(c) become engaged to Giovanelli
(d) break Winterbourne's heart
6. What does Daisy say is a disagreeable thing for Winterbourne today?
(a) that she is star struck
(b) that she has no fashion sense
(c) that she and Giovanelli are in love
(d) that she has no culture
7. When does Winterbourne decide emphatically that Daisy is not a nice girl?
(a) seeing her at the Colosseum with Giovanelli
(b) hiding herself behind her parasol
(c) seeing her out with two men at the same time
(d) seeing her enter her hotel at one a. m.
8. What is the era the navel DAISY MILLER takes place in?
(a) the Revolutionary era
(b) the Edwardian era
(c) the Renaissance era
(d) the Victorian era
9. At what point does Winterbourne begin to doubt Daisy's innocence?
(a) when the parasol hides them from him
(b) when Daisy refuses to get in the carriage
(c) when Daisy is not in her hotel room
(d) when Daisy walks out Mrs. Walker's door
10. At the party, what does Daisy seem to prefer?
(a) spending more time with Winterbourne than Giovanelli
(b) asking the women where to buy new fashions
(c) showing off her new engagement ring
(d) talking with the other Americans
11. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
(a) that Giovanelli is too old for her
(b) that she and Giovanelli are in love
(c) that she cannot see the forest for the trees
(d) that she should be ashamed of herself
12. How does Mrs. Walker react to Daisy's announcement?
(a) she warns that it is not safe
(b) she orders Daisy to remain at her place
(c) she is relieved that someone will meet Daisy
(d) she seems confused by Daisy's plan
13. Who does Winterbourne suggest will misinterpret Daisy's activities?
(a) the locals
(b) the religious
(c) the children
(d) the Americans
14. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
(a) staring at a carriage full of women
(b) pretending that he is Italian royalty
(c) trying to get money from her
(d) giving her too much flattery
15. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
(a) that he wants to marry her
(b) that he is not interested
(c) that he is interested in her money
(d) that he hates the Italians
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
2. At what time does Winterbourne run into Daisy and Giovanelli again at the Colosseum a week later?
3. What does Mrs. Costello say Daisy's activities are causing ?
4. What indicates that Winterbourne is actually eager to see Daisy?
5. What does Winterbourne do instead of trying to let Daisy know his true feelings?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)