|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winterbourne warn about Daisy's behavior?
(a) Mrs. Miller
(b) Daisy, herself
(d) Mrs. Costello
2. Why does Winterbourne arrive in Rome that winter?
(a) to see the colosseum
(b) to travel on to Spain
(c) to help find a school for Randolf
(d) to visit his aunt
3. What does Winterbourne ask Daisy to do?
(a) dance with him
(b) go on the terrace with him
(c) stop seeing Giovanelli
(d) give him her hotel telephone number
4. How does Daisy correspond with Winterbourne?
(a) by waving at him from her window
(b) in a message passed on by her mother
(c) by inviting him to the Miller's hotel room
(d) by sending a message with Giovanelli
5. Who does Winterbourne suggest will misinterpret Daisy's activities?
(a) the Americans
(b) the religious
(c) the children
(d) the locals
6. Who does Mrs. Costello say has a good deal of manner and a wonderful mustache?
(c) Mr. Miller
(d) the men Daisy has been seeing
7. How does Daisy tease Winterbourne about her reported engagement?
(a) she asks him what he believes
(b) she shows him her diamond engagement ring
(c) first she says she is and then says she isn't
(d) she asks where to shop for wedding dresses
8. What is the era the navel DAISY MILLER takes place in?
(a) the Renaissance era
(b) the Victorian era
(c) the Edwardian era
(d) the Revolutionary era
9. What gossip does Winterbourne agree that Daisy is doing by her behavior?
(a) being discreet
(b) going too far
(c) protecting her innocence
(d) thumbing her nose at Americans
10. What resolve does Winterbourne make about Daisy's meeting with Giovanelli?
(a) to show Daisy what kind of man Giovanelli is
(b) not to leave them alone together
(c) to challenge Giovanelli to a duel
(d) to pretend to leave and then follow them
11. How does Daisy see her flirtations as being?
(a) a serious habit she cannot break
(b) what is necessary to attract a man
(c) evidence that nothing improper is going on
(d) the way a woman gets power over a man
12. What does Mrs. Walker want Daisy to do?
(a) explain herslef
(b) leave with her in the carriage
(c) bring winterbourne and go with her
(d) dismiss Giovanelli and return to her house
13. What does Daisy berate Winterbourne for?
(a) not standing up for her
(b) not calling at her hotel
(c) not minding his own business
(d) believing everything he hears
14. Who arrives in a carriage?
(a) Mrs. Walker
(b) Mrs. Giovanelli
(c) Mrs. Costello
(d) Mrs. Miller
15. What does Mrs. Costello suggest Daisy might allow herself to do?
(a) become a common street walker
(b) break Winterbourne's heart
(c) become pregnant
(d) become engaged to Giovanelli
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to all the advice?
2. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
3. Who arrives at the house Winterbourne is visiting?
4. Where does Winterbourne next see Giovanelli?
5. At what point does Winterbourne begin to doubt Daisy's innocence?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)