|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What renews Winterbourne's interest in Daisy Miller?
(a) when he learns that she has fallen ill
(b) when he hears she has married Giovanelli
(c) when he hears she has broken up with Giovanelli
(d) when he hears she is leaving Rome
2. What is the era the navel DAISY MILLER takes place in?
(a) the Renaissance era
(b) the Edwardian era
(c) the Revolutionary era
(d) the Victorian era
3. What does Winterbourne tell Daisy about?
(a) the rumor of her engagement
(b) the concert he where would like to take her
(c) the joke he played on Mrs. Walker
(d) the illness of Mrs. Costello
4. Who arrives in a carriage?
(a) Mrs. Walker
(b) Mrs. Costello
(c) Mrs. Miller
(d) Mrs. Giovanelli
5. Figuratively, what does Winterbourne choose to do with Daisy that night at the Colosseum?
(a) rescue her from danger
(b) give her to Caesar
(c) teach her about impropriety
(d) throw her to the lions
6. How does Daisy correspond with Winterbourne?
(a) by inviting him to the Miller's hotel room
(b) by sending a message with Giovanelli
(c) in a message passed on by her mother
(d) by waving at him from her window
7. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
(a) bending to the Victorian social mores
(b) looking for an Italian husband
(c) trying to teach cultural differences to the Americans
(d) deliberately flaunting the Victorian social mores
8. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
(a) that Giovanelli is too old for her
(b) that she and Giovanelli are in love
(c) that she should be ashamed of herself
(d) that she cannot see the forest for the trees
9. At what point does Winterbourne begin to doubt Daisy's innocence?
(a) when Daisy walks out Mrs. Walker's door
(b) when Daisy is not in her hotel room
(c) when Daisy refuses to get in the carriage
(d) when the parasol hides them from him
10. What news does Mrs. Costello have for her nephew?
(a) that the Millers have left Rome
(b) that Mr. Miller has joined his family
(c) that the Millers are in Rome
(d) that the Millers are leaving tomorrow
11. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
(a) that he is not interested
(b) that he wants to marry her
(c) that he is interested in her money
(d) that he hates the Italians
12. At the funeral, what does Giovanelli proclaim about Daisy?
(a) her love for Winterbourne
(b) her innocence
(c) her secret marriage to him
(d) her lustfulness
13. Who is the first person Winterbourne goes to visit in Rome?
(a) Giorgio Pinza, his Italian tailor
(b) Mrs. Walker, an American he knew in Geneva
(c) Mrs. Miller, Daisy's mother
(d) Mr. Loren, his Italian banker
14. What does Daisy ask if Winterbourne remembers?
(a) the sugar he gave to Randolf
(b) the trip to the Chillon Castle
(c) the day they walked in the garden
(d) the way she dressed for the steamer trip
15. What does Winterbourne say he had done to Daisy?
(a) told her off
(b) contributed to the rumors about her
(c) an injustice
(d) slapped her face
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
2. What does Winterbourne learn at Daisy's funeral?
3. What rude comment does Randolph make to Mrs. Walker?
4. After the message is delivered to Winterbourne, what happens to Daisy?
5. Why is Daisy miffed at Winterbourne?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)