|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
(a) walk with Daisy to her rendezvous
(b) hold the door open for Daisy to exit
(c) find Daisy a carriage
(d) call on Daisy the next day
2. What does Winterbourne scold Daisy about?
(a) dressing so casually
(b) being unchaperoned
(c) being out so late
(d) exposing herself to the night air
3. Who does Winterbourne suggest will misinterpret Daisy's activities?
(a) the locals
(b) the religious
(c) the Americans
(d) the children
4. What is it that Winterbourne no longer believes in about Daisy?
(a) her intelligence
(b) her indiscretion
(c) her innocence
(d) her sense of style
5. What does Daisy say she intends to do?
(a) to look for new men
(b) to find a local bar
(c) to stroll and socialize with Mr. Giovanelli
(d) to sit in the garden and read
6. How does Daisy correspond with Winterbourne?
(a) in a message passed on by her mother
(b) by sending a message with Giovanelli
(c) by waving at him from her window
(d) by inviting him to the Miller's hotel room
7. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
(a) leads Giovanelli into a crowd where they get lost
(b) screams at Winterbourne to go away
(c) gets Giovanelli to hire a carriage to take them away
(d) hides herself and Giovanelli behind her parasol
8. What does Mrs. Costello suggest Daisy might allow herself to do?
(a) become engaged to Giovanelli
(b) break Winterbourne's heart
(c) become a common street walker
(d) become pregnant
9. What does Daisy ask if Winterbourne remembers?
(a) the day they walked in the garden
(b) the trip to the Chillon Castle
(c) the way she dressed for the steamer trip
(d) the sugar he gave to Randolf
10. How does Daisy's letter to Winterbourne reveal her real feelings about him?
(a) remembering the trip to Chillon Castle
(b) an out right declaration of love
(c) an apology for her behavior
(d) a promise to see him when she recovers
11. What is the era the navel DAISY MILLER takes place in?
(a) the Renaissance era
(b) the Revolutionary era
(c) the Victorian era
(d) the Edwardian era
12. A few days later at Mrs. Walker's party, how does Daisy show up?
(a) under dressed
(b) with Giovanelli
(c) over dressed
(d) with to many jewels
13. What does Winterbourne learn at Daisy's funeral?
(a) that she was married
(b) that she was younger than he thought
(c) that she was mentally unbalanced
(d) that she was innocent
14. What does Winterbourne say he had done to Daisy?
(a) an injustice
(b) contributed to the rumors about her
(c) slapped her face
(d) told her off
15. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
(a) that she and Giovanelli are in love
(b) that Giovanelli is too old for her
(c) that she should be ashamed of herself
(d) that she cannot see the forest for the trees
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of company does Mrs. Costello say Daisy has been keeping?
2. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
3. Why does Daisy say she must leave early?
4. What does Mrs. Walker tell Mr. Winterbourne?
5. What does Daisy not see in the Italian men she goes out with?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)