|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
(a) he will have holiday time while she is in Rome
(b) his job often takes him to Rome and Paris
(c) he can transfer his job to Rome whenever he wishes
(d) his aunt has an apartment where and he is planning to go
2. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
(a) Daisy's failure to fit into society
(b) Daisy's younger brother.
(c) Daisy's treatment of Eugenio.
(d) Daisy's wardrobe.
3. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
(a) speak loudly in public
(b) properly appreciate Europe's ancient charms
(c) learning european languages
(d) eat with the right utensils
4. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
(a) that Mrs. Miller went with them on the steamer
(b) that he nearly fell from the steamer
(c) that the courier stayed out of sight
(d) that he was alone with Daisy
5. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
(a) he feels over dressed
(b) maybe she won't come
(c) his aunt might come down
(d) everyone can see them meet
6. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
(b) in two days
(c) after they return from the castle
(d) next week
7. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
(a) in jeans and a T-shirt
(b) in a revealing sun dress
(c) in a pair of pants and a blouse
(d) in an elegant traveling costume
8. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(b) the different kinds of weather she has seen
(c) all the bad experiences she has had
(d) the problem she has meeting men
9. What does the brother say Daisy's real name is?
(a) Marie S. Miller
(b) Elizabeth R. Miller
(c) Dorothy G. Miller
(d) Annie P. Miller
10. What does Winterbourne say his function is for the trip to Chillon Castle?
(b) baggage handler
11. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
(a) angry, insulted, or back handed
(b) disappointed, or disgusted, or something
(c) impatience, grief, or confusion
(d) relieved, happy, or over joyed
12. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
(a) like an escapade or adventure
(b) like a tiresome way to travel
(c) like a fish in a bowl
(d) like a boy with a new toy
13. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
(a) that no men try to speak to her
(b) that she doesn't look at any men
(c) that people look at how pretty she is
(d) that she makes such a spectacle of herself
14. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
(a) Daisy made the arrangement
(b) Randolph hates the main hall
(c) Daisy's mother is in the back garden
(d) he cannot go up to her room
15. How does Daisy want to go?
(a) by steamer
(b) in a motor car
(c) by bicycle
(d) on foot
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daisy's brother's addiction?
2. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
3. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
4. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
5. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)