|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
(a) that the courier stayed out of sight
(b) that Mrs. Miller went with them on the steamer
(c) that he nearly fell from the steamer
(d) that he was alone with Daisy
2. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
(a) staring at a carriage full of women
(b) trying to get money from her
(c) giving her too much flattery
(d) pretending that he is Italian royalty
3. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) nearly ten at night
(b) half past ten
(c) eleven o'clock
4. Who is the first person Winterbourne goes to visit in Rome?
(a) Mrs. Miller, Daisy's mother
(b) Mr. Loren, his Italian banker
(c) Giorgio Pinza, his Italian tailor
(d) Mrs. Walker, an American he knew in Geneva
5. What does the American community use to punish non-conformists?
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
2. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
3. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
4. What is the irony of the Americans disapproving of the outsiders?
5. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)