|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
(a) that she cannot see the forest for the trees
(b) that she and Giovanelli are in love
(c) that she should be ashamed of herself
(d) that Giovanelli is too old for her
2. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
(a) she refuses to make up her mind
(b) she opts to return to the hotel with her family
(c) she decides she would rather they all go in and eat
(d) she kisses Winterbourne on the mouth and walks off
3. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
(a) if they all live in hotels
(b) if they have schools
(c) if they are all rich
(d) if they eat hotdogs for breakfast
4. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
(a) anything non controversial
(b) anything wrong
(c) anything moral
(d) anything secret
5. When does Winterbourne decide emphatically that Daisy is not a nice girl?
(a) seeing her out with two men at the same time
(b) hiding herself behind her parasol
(c) seeing her enter her hotel at one a. m.
(d) seeing her at the Colosseum with Giovanelli
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the American community use to punish non-conformists?
2. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
3. How does Daisy respond to all the advice?
4. A few days later at Mrs. Walker's party, how does Daisy show up?
5. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)