|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
(a) his aunt's frequent gentleman caller
(b) friends of his from his school days
(c) a tour group from America
(d) the Miller family of Schenectady, New York
2. When have Italian men been calling for Daisy at her hotel?
(a) after she was seen with Giovanelli
(b) early in the morning
(c) late at night
(d) since last month
3. What does the American community use to punish non-conformists?
4. How does Winterbourne defend Daisy?
(a) saying she is not cultured but not bad
(b) saying she is only naive
(c) saying she is just trying to learn the language
(d) saying she is the innocent victim of her beauty
5. What is Daisy doing, according to Mrs. Costello, that disturbs Winterbourne?
(a) behaving snobbishly
(b) entertaining men
(c) staying out late at night
(d) avoiding the Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
2. What does Winterbourne do instead of trying to let Daisy know his true feelings?
3. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
4. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
5. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)