|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
(a) that she doesn't look at any men
(b) that people look at how pretty she is
(c) that she makes such a spectacle of herself
(d) that no men try to speak to her
2. What does flirtation mean to the American expatriates in Rome?
(a) evidence of good breeding
(b) evidence of immoral behavior
(c) innocent games
(d) an assumption of engagement
3. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
(a) staring at a carriage full of women
(b) pretending that he is Italian royalty
(c) giving her too much flattery
(d) trying to get money from her
4. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
(a) leave a security deposit
(b) take the little brother along
(c) to introduce Daisy to his aunt
(d) hire a chaperon
5. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) travel with a courier
(b) wear the latest fashions
(c) speak before spoken to
(d) consort with strange men without an escort
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
2. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
3. When have Italian men been calling for Daisy at her hotel?
4. At the funeral, what does Giovanelli proclaim about Daisy?
5. Why does Winterbourne arrive in Rome that winter?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)