|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
(a) she was once just like Daisy before she married
(b) she is American, too, and her grandaughters are like Daisy
(c) she is looked down on by Europeans herself
(d) she judges Daisy without ever having met her
2. What is missing in Daisy that parallels what is missing in the American expatriates?
(a) the ability to make judgments of other people
(b) the ability to stand up for oneself
(c) the ability to gossip
(d) the ability to see things as they really are
3. What does Winterbourne say he had done to Daisy?
(a) an injustice
(b) told her off
(c) slapped her face
(d) contributed to the rumors about her
4. How does Daisy's letter to Winterbourne reveal her real feelings about him?
(a) an apology for her behavior
(b) an out right declaration of love
(c) remembering the trip to Chillon Castle
(d) a promise to see him when she recovers
5. Seen by Daisy as he is about to leave the Colosseum, what does she accuse Winterbourne of?
(a) being a snob like the other Americans
(b) going away without speaking to her
(c) spying on her
(d) being too afraid to fight for her
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
2. What indicates that Winterbourne is actually eager to see Daisy?
3. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
4. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
5. How does Winterbourne defend Daisy?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)