|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
(a) as a gold digger
(b) as stupid and unstylish
(c) as coarse and a flirt
(d) as arrogant
2. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
(a) everyone thinks it's only an American custom
(b) no one really notices
(c) people follow her to see what she's doing
(d) doubt is cast on her character
3. What rude comment does Randolph make to Mrs. Walker?
(a) that she has no sweets for him to eat
(b) that his father has more money than she does
(c) that their hotel rooms are bigger than hers
(d) that her dress looks frumpy
4. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
(a) staring at a carriage full of women
(b) trying to get money from her
(c) pretending that he is Italian royalty
(d) giving her too much flattery
5. What does Daisy berate Winterbourne for?
(a) not standing up for her
(b) not minding his own business
(c) not calling at her hotel
(d) believing everything he hears
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
2. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
3. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
4. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
5. How does Daisy see her flirtations as being?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)