|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
(a) walking around with two men
(b) being too friendly with all natives
(c) meeting an Italian man in public
(d) dressing prevocatively
2. Who is the first person Winterbourne goes to visit in Rome?
(a) Giorgio Pinza, his Italian tailor
(b) Mrs. Walker, an American he knew in Geneva
(c) Mr. Loren, his Italian banker
(d) Mrs. Miller, Daisy's mother
3. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
(a) that she go fetch another shawl
(b) that she not go out on a boat
(c) that she make up her own mind
(d) that she wear a life jacket
4. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
(a) poking around
(b) looking for gentlemen
(c) making a scene
(d) hiding from Randolph
5. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
(a) with a very loud voice
(b) with a shocking bluntness
(c) with a kind of sweetness
(d) with a lot of curiosity
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
2. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
3. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
4. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
5. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)