|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rude comment does Randolph make to Mrs. Walker?
(a) that her dress looks frumpy
(b) that his father has more money than she does
(c) that she has no sweets for him to eat
(d) that their hotel rooms are bigger than hers
2. What request does Daisy make of Mrs. Walker?
(a) to tell her where she buys her clothes
(b) to bring her some English tea
(c) to ignore Mr. Winterbourne
(d) to bring a gentleman friend to her party
3. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
(a) she tells her nephew he cannot come to see her again
(b) she accuses her nephew of corrupting a girl
(c) she tells her nephew to do his work in secret
(d) she assigns guilt to Daisy
4. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
(a) Europe's cultural heritage
(b) Europe's immobile economy
(c) the decay of Europe
(d) the inferiority of Europeans
5. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
(a) that no men try to speak to her
(b) that people look at how pretty she is
(c) that she makes such a spectacle of herself
(d) that she doesn't look at any men
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
2. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
3. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
4. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
5. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)