|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say she intends to do?
(a) to find a local bar
(b) to stroll and socialize with Mr. Giovanelli
(c) to sit in the garden and read
(d) to look for new men
2. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
(a) atrocious violence in the past
(b) grandeur and happiness
(c) antiquity and promise
(d) abandonment and destruction
3. Where does Winterbourne next see Giovanelli?
(a) walking with another American girl
(b) at Daisy's funeral
(c) on the train to Switzerland
(d) sitting alone in the park
4. What was Mrs. Miller unable to do?
(a) straighten her shawl
(b) put Randolph to bed
(c) get Eugenio to order tea
(d) walk up the stairs
5. What does flirtation mean to the American expatriates in Rome?
(a) an assumption of engagement
(b) innocent games
(c) evidence of immoral behavior
(d) evidence of good breeding
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a central clash in the novel?
2. How does Daisy correspond with Winterbourne?
3. What does Winterbourne notice about Giovanelli?
4. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
5. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)