|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
(a) as if something dreadful is about to happen
(b) as if something romantic is going on
(c) as if he cannot move his feet
(d) as if he has made a mistake
2. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
(a) that she is very ill
(b) that he doesn't really have an aunt in the hotel
(c) that he has not spoken to his aunt
(d) that she doesn't want to meet Daisy
3. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) embarrassed to be with her
(b) interested in the direction of the castle
(c) waiting for her to speak first
(d) grinning from ear to ear
4. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
(a) flirts with all the men
(b) ignores Winterbourne
(c) slips away and return to the hotel
(d) continues to berate Winterbourne
5. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
(a) that he take her dancing that evening
(b) that he write letters to her from Geneva
(c) that he come see her in Rome
(d) that he return to the hotel before she leaves for Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say her mother doesn't like?
2. What does Mrs. Costello suggest Daisy might allow herself to do?
3. What is missing in Daisy that parallels what is missing in the American expatriates?
4. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
5. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)