|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne warn Daisy that she is becoming?
(a) too sophistocated
(b) unwelcome among the Americans
(c) an old woman
(d) a typical expatriate
2. At what point does Winterbourne begin to doubt Daisy's innocence?
(a) when Daisy is not in her hotel room
(b) when Daisy refuses to get in the carriage
(c) when Daisy walks out Mrs. Walker's door
(d) when the parasol hides them from him
3. What does Winterbourne say he had done to Daisy?
(a) contributed to the rumors about her
(b) told her off
(c) slapped her face
(d) an injustice
4. Who is the first person Winterbourne goes to visit in Rome?
(a) Mrs. Miller, Daisy's mother
(b) Mr. Loren, his Italian banker
(c) Mrs. Walker, an American he knew in Geneva
(d) Giorgio Pinza, his Italian tailor
5. What does flirtation mean to the American expatriates in Rome?
(a) evidence of immoral behavior
(b) innocent games
(c) evidence of good breeding
(d) an assumption of engagement
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rumors about what Winterbourne is pursuing in Geneva?
2. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
3. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
4. How does Daisy want to go?
5. What does Daisy say she has always had?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)