|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
(a) her financial situation and the fact that she dresses in perfection
(b) her willingness to give generously and her appearance
(c) her good taste in clothes and her descrition about men
(d) her education and the fact that she is beautiful
2. How do people like Mrs. Costello often make judgments of others?
(a) based on the Bible
(b) based on the facts
(c) based on observation
(d) based on gossip
3. What is the irony of the Americans disapproving of the outsiders?
(a) they disapprove of everyone
(b) they are ignorant of cultural differences
(c) they are long time Italian residents
(d) they are outsiders in Italy themselves
4. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
(a) his aunt's frequent gentleman caller
(b) a tour group from America
(c) the Miller family of Schenectady, New York
(d) friends of his from his school days
5. A few days later at Mrs. Walker's party, how does Daisy show up?
(a) with Giovanelli
(b) with to many jewels
(c) over dressed
(d) under dressed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
2. What does Winterbourne ask Daisy to do?
3. How does Mrs. Walker react to Daisy's announcement?
4. What does Winterbourne say his function is for the trip to Chillon Castle?
5. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)