|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
(a) his pursuit of her although thinking her coarse
(b) his eye for all the pretty ladies
(c) his attitude toward servants
(d) his own relationship in Geneva
2. Why does Daisy say she must leave early?
(a) to walk at the Pincian Garden
(b) to get away from winterbourne
(c) to pick up a new dress she bought
(d) to get something for her headache
3. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
(b) the power of money
(c) innocence or the appearance of it
(d) American madness
4. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
(a) to escort her to her room
(b) to escort her to the boat landing
(c) to escort her to the concierge
(d) to escort her to his aunt's room
5. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
(a) she judges Daisy without ever having met her
(b) she is American, too, and her grandaughters are like Daisy
(c) she is looked down on by Europeans herself
(d) she was once just like Daisy before she married
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne do instead of trying to let Daisy know his true feelings?
2. Winterbourne makes a conclusion that Daisy is not an innocent child but a woman with what attribute?
3. What does Daisy not see in the Italian men she goes out with?
4. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
5. What does flirtation mean to the American expatriates in Rome?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)