|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
(a) as learning how to test a foreign society
(b) as merely testing the social restrictions in Vevey
(c) as purely innocent but finding excitement
(d) as a proper girl misunderstood by the Americans
2. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
(a) tension between the Americans and the Europeans
(b) age against youth
(c) money and society
(d) war and peace
3. What does Daisy say she has always had?
(a) a closet full of Paris dresses
(b) a great deal of gentlemen's society
(c) an ability to meet strangers
(d) a distaste for all things European
4. Who discusses Daisy's exploits but without the disapproving tone of Mrs. Costello?
(b) Mrs. Miller
(d) Mr. Loren
5. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
(a) the gossip is enough to brand her as immoral
(b) she tells on herself
(c) what she does in plain view is easy to tell what she does in private
(d) she appears to be pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. What renews Winterbourne's interest in Daisy Miller?
2. Who arrives at the house Winterbourne is visiting?
3. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
4. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
5. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)