|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
(a) he can transfer his job to Rome whenever he wishes
(b) his aunt has an apartment where and he is planning to go
(c) his job often takes him to Rome and Paris
(d) he will have holiday time while she is in Rome
2. What does Daisy admit to being?
(a) a devoute Christian
(b) an uncultured American girl
(c) older than she looks
(d) a fearful, frightful flirt
3. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) youth versus age
(b) men versus women
(c) style versus garrishness
(d) American versus European culture
4. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
(a) grandeur and happiness
(b) abandonment and destruction
(c) antiquity and promise
(d) atrocious violence in the past
5. What is Daisy doing, according to Mrs. Costello, that disturbs Winterbourne?
(a) entertaining men
(b) staying out late at night
(c) behaving snobbishly
(d) avoiding the Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Mrs. Costello have for her nephew?
2. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
3. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
4. What does Daisy not see in the Italian men she goes out with?
5. When does Winterbourne decide emphatically that Daisy is not a nice girl?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)