|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
(a) friends of his from his school days
(b) a tour group from America
(c) his aunt's frequent gentleman caller
(d) the Miller family of Schenectady, New York
2. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
(a) Europe's immobile economy
(b) Europe's cultural heritage
(c) the decay of Europe
(d) the inferiority of Europeans
3. Why do Winterbourne's and Daisy's paths gradually stop crossing?
(a) their mutual friends stop inviting her places
(b) Mrs. Costello insists on it
(c) she avoids Winterbourne
(d) Daisy travels to Paris
4. How does Winterbourne defend Daisy?
(a) saying she is not cultured but not bad
(b) saying she is the innocent victim of her beauty
(c) saying she is only naive
(d) saying she is just trying to learn the language
5. What does Daisy berate Winterbourne for?
(a) believing everything he hears
(b) not minding his own business
(c) not standing up for her
(d) not calling at her hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
2. How does Daisy react to his departure news?
3. Who does Winterbourne warn about Daisy's behavior?
4. What does Winterbourne tell Daisy about?
5. How does Daisy appear when Mrs. Walker refuses to speak to her?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)