|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne do instead of trying to let Daisy know his true feelings?
(a) brushes her off to talk with Giovanelli
(b) insists that she apologize to Mrs. Walker
(c) ignores her completely
(d) obsesses over her relationship with the other man
2. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
(a) he cannot go up to her room
(b) Randolph hates the main hall
(c) Daisy made the arrangement
(d) Daisy's mother is in the back garden
3. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
(a) as stupid and unstylish
(b) as arrogant
(c) as a gold digger
(d) as coarse and a flirt
4. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
(a) that she and Giovanelli are in love
(b) that she cannot see the forest for the trees
(c) that she should be ashamed of herself
(d) that Giovanelli is too old for her
5. What request does Daisy make of Mrs. Walker?
(a) to ignore Mr. Winterbourne
(b) to tell her where she buys her clothes
(c) to bring her some English tea
(d) to bring a gentleman friend to her party
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
2. What emotion prevents Winterbourne from going directly to see Daisy in Rome?
3. What resolve does Winterbourne make about Daisy's meeting with Giovanelli?
4. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
5. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)