|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
(a) that she wear a life jacket
(b) that she make up her own mind
(c) that she go fetch another shawl
(d) that she not go out on a boat
2. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) embarrassed to be with her
(b) grinning from ear to ear
(c) waiting for her to speak first
(d) interested in the direction of the castle
3. How does Daisy's letter to Winterbourne reveal her real feelings about him?
(a) an out right declaration of love
(b) an apology for her behavior
(c) remembering the trip to Chillon Castle
(d) a promise to see him when she recovers
4. What resolve does Winterbourne make about Daisy's meeting with Giovanelli?
(a) to show Daisy what kind of man Giovanelli is
(b) to challenge Giovanelli to a duel
(c) to pretend to leave and then follow them
(d) not to leave them alone together
5. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
(a) a mixture of innocence and crudity
(b) a mixture of youth and old age
(c) a mixture of elegance and rustic behavior
(d) a mixture of sophistication and barbarianism
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne ask Daisy to do?
2. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
3. What habit of Randolph's is a great worry to his mother and Daisy?
4. Figuratively, what does Winterbourne choose to do with Daisy that night at the Colosseum?
5. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)