|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) speak before spoken to
(b) wear the latest fashions
(c) travel with a courier
(d) consort with strange men without an escort
2. How does Daisy see her flirtations as being?
(a) the way a woman gets power over a man
(b) evidence that nothing improper is going on
(c) what is necessary to attract a man
(d) a serious habit she cannot break
3. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
(a) Daisy's failure to fit into society
(b) Daisy's treatment of Eugenio.
(c) Daisy's wardrobe.
(d) Daisy's younger brother.
4. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello?
(a) she has no particular religious beliefs
(b) she is American with an Italian last name
(c) she is trying to deny her American past
(d) she is more naive than Daisy
5. What is it that Winterbourne no longer believes in about Daisy?
(a) her indiscretion
(b) her sense of style
(c) her intelligence
(d) her innocence
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Walker want Daisy to do?
2. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
3. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
4. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
5. What is a central clash in the novel?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)