|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne tell Daisy about?
(a) the rumor of her engagement
(b) the illness of Mrs. Costello
(c) the joke he played on Mrs. Walker
(d) the concert he where would like to take her
2. How does Daisy see her flirtations as being?
(a) what is necessary to attract a man
(b) a serious habit she cannot break
(c) the way a woman gets power over a man
(d) evidence that nothing improper is going on
3. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
(a) with a shocking bluntness
(b) with a very loud voice
(c) with a kind of sweetness
(d) with a lot of curiosity
4. What does Winterbourne warn Daisy that she is becoming?
(a) a typical expatriate
(b) an old woman
(c) unwelcome among the Americans
(d) too sophistocated
5. What does Winterbourne agree that Daisy should do?
(a) stop fraternizing with the Italians
(b) terminate her friendship with Giovanelli
(c) tell Mrs. Walker to mind her own business
(d) go with the older woman
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
2. Who does Mrs. Costello say has a good deal of manner and a wonderful mustache?
3. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
4. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
5. What is the contrast between the Millers and Rome?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)