|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne learn at Daisy's funeral?
(a) that she was married
(b) that she was mentally unbalanced
(c) that she was innocent
(d) that she was younger than he thought
2. What is Daisy doing, according to Mrs. Costello, that disturbs Winterbourne?
(a) entertaining men
(b) avoiding the Americans
(c) behaving snobbishly
(d) staying out late at night
3. What is missing in Daisy that parallels what is missing in the American expatriates?
(a) the ability to make judgments of other people
(b) the ability to gossip
(c) the ability to stand up for oneself
(d) the ability to see things as they really are
4. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
(a) she assigns guilt to Daisy
(b) she accuses her nephew of corrupting a girl
(c) she tells her nephew he cannot come to see her again
(d) she tells her nephew to do his work in secret
5. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
(a) if they have schools
(b) if they are all rich
(c) if they eat hotdogs for breakfast
(d) if they all live in hotels
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a further danger at night in the Colosseum?
2. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
3. What is Winterbourne's reason for being attracted to Daisy?
4. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
5. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)