|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say about her brother?
(a) he is not very bright
(b) he is tiresome
(c) he is well behaved
(d) he is ugly
2. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
(a) war and peace
(b) tension between the Americans and the Europeans
(c) money and society
(d) age against youth
3. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
(a) ignores Winterbourne
(b) flirts with all the men
(c) continues to berate Winterbourne
(d) slips away and return to the hotel
4. What does Mrs. Costello suggest Daisy might allow herself to do?
(a) become engaged to Giovanelli
(b) become pregnant
(c) break Winterbourne's heart
(d) become a common street walker
5. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the funeral, what does Giovanelli proclaim about Daisy?
2. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
3. How does Winterbourne defend Daisy?
4. A year later back in Vevey what does Winterbourne confess to his aunt?
5. What indicates that Winterbourne is actually eager to see Daisy?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)