|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
(a) overweight with a prominent nose
(b) hawk-like and narrow of forehead
(c) small and spare with a wandering eye
(d) large and elegant
2. What does Mrs. Costello say Daisy's activities are causing ?
(a) Italians to laugh at the Americans
(b) much gossip among the Americans
(c) a bad impression to the Italians
(d) danger to her health
3. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
(a) like a tiresome way to travel
(b) like a boy with a new toy
(c) like an escapade or adventure
(d) like a fish in a bowl
4. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
(a) had a migraine headache
(b) kept out of their way
(c) introduced herself
(d) sent them an invitation to tea
5. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) interested in the direction of the castle
(b) grinning from ear to ear
(c) embarrassed to be with her
(d) waiting for her to speak first
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say about her brother?
2. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
3. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
4. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
5. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)