|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Winterbourne no longer believes in about Daisy?
(a) her indiscretion
(b) her intelligence
(c) her sense of style
(d) her innocence
2. What does Daisy say about her brother?
(a) he is well behaved
(b) he is ugly
(c) he is tiresome
(d) he is not very bright
3. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
(a) she judges Daisy without ever having met her
(b) she is looked down on by Europeans herself
(c) she is American, too, and her grandaughters are like Daisy
(d) she was once just like Daisy before she married
4. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
(a) to look for a job
(b) to visit his aunt
(c) to collect Italian art
(d) to help find a school for Randolph
5. What resolve does Winterbourne make about Daisy's meeting with Giovanelli?
(a) to challenge Giovanelli to a duel
(b) to pretend to leave and then follow them
(c) not to leave them alone together
(d) to show Daisy what kind of man Giovanelli is
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne do instead of trying to let Daisy know his true feelings?
2. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
3. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
4. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
5. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)