|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
(a) to escort her to the boat landing
(b) to escort her to her room
(c) to escort her to the concierge
(d) to escort her to his aunt's room
2. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
(a) yes, she knows how to row
(b) of course, she's a big girl now
(c) no, she's taking Randolph
(d) no, with this gentleman
3. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
(a) one day
(b) a fortnight
(c) two days
(d) a week
4. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
(a) trying to teach cultural differences to the Americans
(b) looking for an Italian husband
(c) bending to the Victorian social mores
(d) deliberately flaunting the Victorian social mores
5. Who arrives in a carriage?
(a) Mrs. Walker
(b) Mrs. Costello
(c) Mrs. Giovanelli
(d) Mrs. Miller
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daisy's younger brother's name?
2. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
3. What does flirtation mean to the American expatriates in Rome?
4. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
5. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)