|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy correspond with Winterbourne?
(a) by inviting him to the Miller's hotel room
(b) by sending a message with Giovanelli
(c) in a message passed on by her mother
(d) by waving at him from her window
2. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
(a) screams at Winterbourne to go away
(b) gets Giovanelli to hire a carriage to take them away
(c) leads Giovanelli into a crowd where they get lost
(d) hides herself and Giovanelli behind her parasol
3. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they take a train trip to Geneva
(b) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(c) that they have dinner together that evening
(d) that they entertain her younger brother
4. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
(a) grandeur and happiness
(b) atrocious violence in the past
(c) antiquity and promise
(d) abandonment and destruction
5. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
(a) call on Daisy the next day
(b) find Daisy a carriage
(c) walk with Daisy to her rendezvous
(d) hold the door open for Daisy to exit
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
2. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
3. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
4. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
5. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)