|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
(a) being superior
(b) being grave
(c) being jealous
(d) being silent
2. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
(a) looking for gentlemen
(b) poking around
(c) hiding from Randolph
(d) making a scene
3. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
(a) that Winterbourne keeps his mouth shut
(b) that Winterbourne walks away
(c) that Winterbourne doesn't make a fuss
(d) that Winterbourne throws a tantrum
4. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
(a) that she is very ill
(b) that he has not spoken to his aunt
(c) that he doesn't really have an aunt in the hotel
(d) that she doesn't want to meet Daisy
5. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
(a) in jeans and a T-shirt
(b) in a pair of pants and a blouse
(c) in an elegant traveling costume
(d) in a revealing sun dress
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
2. What is missing in Daisy that parallels what is missing in the American expatriates?
3. What does Mrs. Walker want Daisy to do?
4. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
5. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)