|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Costello say Daisy's activities are causing ?
(a) a bad impression to the Italians
(b) much gossip among the Americans
(c) danger to her health
(d) Italians to laugh at the Americans
2. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
(a) find Daisy a carriage
(b) call on Daisy the next day
(c) walk with Daisy to her rendezvous
(d) hold the door open for Daisy to exit
3. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
(a) innocence or the appearance of it
(b) the power of money
(c) American madness
4. What resolve does Winterbourne make about Daisy's meeting with Giovanelli?
(a) to pretend to leave and then follow them
(b) to challenge Giovanelli to a duel
(c) to show Daisy what kind of man Giovanelli is
(d) not to leave them alone together
5. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
(a) hides herself and Giovanelli behind her parasol
(b) gets Giovanelli to hire a carriage to take them away
(c) leads Giovanelli into a crowd where they get lost
(d) screams at Winterbourne to go away
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
2. How does Daisy's letter to Winterbourne reveal her real feelings about him?
3. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
4. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
5. What does Mrs. Costello suggest Daisy might allow herself to do?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)