|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
(a) kicking Eugenio
(b) pushing Daisy into the lake
(c) pulling Mrs. Miller's hair
(d) going off with Daisy
2. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
(a) that Giovanelli is too old for her
(b) that she should be ashamed of herself
(c) that she and Giovanelli are in love
(d) that she cannot see the forest for the trees
3. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
(b) after they return from the castle
(c) in two days
(d) next week
4. More so in Rome, what is the central theme of the novel?
(a) outrageous behavior
(b) appearance versus reality
(d) the mystery of Daisy
5. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
(a) anything wrong
(b) anything non controversial
(c) anything secret
(d) anything moral
Short Answer Questions
1. How do people like Mrs. Costello often make judgments of others?
2. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
3. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
4. Who discusses Daisy's exploits but without the disapproving tone of Mrs. Costello?
5. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)