|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
(a) Winterbourne is pursuing an American lady in Geneva
(b) Winterbourne is having an affair with two women
(c) Winterbourne refuses to admit his mistake
(d) Mrs. Costello refuses to see him again
2. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
(a) that he has not spoken to his aunt
(b) that he doesn't really have an aunt in the hotel
(c) that she doesn't want to meet Daisy
(d) that she is very ill
3. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
(a) staring at a carriage full of women
(b) pretending that he is Italian royalty
(c) trying to get money from her
(d) giving her too much flattery
4. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
5. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
(a) she really is engaged to Giovanelli
(b) she is not the nice girl he thought she was
(c) she has completely lost her senses
(d) she is not as dangerous as his aunt thinks
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
2. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
3. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
4. What news does Mrs. Costello have for her nephew?
5. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)