|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
(a) looking for an Italian husband
(b) trying to teach cultural differences to the Americans
(c) bending to the Victorian social mores
(d) deliberately flaunting the Victorian social mores
2. What does Winterbourne say he had done to Daisy?
(a) an injustice
(b) contributed to the rumors about her
(c) slapped her face
(d) told her off
3. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
(a) there are no dress shops in Europe
(b) only Americans can afford them
(c) they don't wear dresses in Europe
(d) the ones in Europe are frightful
4. More so in Rome, what is the central theme of the novel?
(a) the mystery of Daisy
(b) outrageous behavior
(d) appearance versus reality
5. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) speak before spoken to
(b) consort with strange men without an escort
(c) wear the latest fashions
(d) travel with a courier
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the American community use to punish non-conformists?
2. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
3. How does Daisy react to his departure news?
4. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
5. What gossip does Winterbourne agree that Daisy is doing by her behavior?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)