|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) nearly ten at night
(b) half past ten
(d) eleven o'clock
2. What does Daisy say about her brother?
(a) he is ugly
(b) he is tiresome
(c) he is well behaved
(d) he is not very bright
3. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
(a) of course, she's a big girl now
(b) no, she's taking Randolph
(c) yes, she knows how to row
(d) no, with this gentleman
4. What is a further danger at night in the Colosseum?
(c) the police
5. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
(a) Winterbourne is having an affair with two women
(b) Mrs. Costello refuses to see him again
(c) Winterbourne refuses to admit his mistake
(d) Winterbourne is pursuing an American lady in Geneva
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mystery of the novel?
2. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
3. Why do Winterbourne's and Daisy's paths gradually stop crossing?
4. What does Mrs. Walker tell Mr. Winterbourne?
5. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)