|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
(b) she is ill and not receiving visitors
(c) she is out shopping
(d) she has a gentleman caller
2. What rude comment does Randolph make to Mrs. Walker?
(a) that their hotel rooms are bigger than hers
(b) that her dress looks frumpy
(c) that his father has more money than she does
(d) that she has no sweets for him to eat
3. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
(a) a better place than Europe
(b) doing buisness in Rome
(c) upstairs in their hotel room
(d) in California, USA
4. Where does Winterbourne next see Giovanelli?
(a) walking with another American girl
(b) at Daisy's funeral
(c) on the train to Switzerland
(d) sitting alone in the park
5. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
(a) Winterbourne is pursuing an American lady in Geneva
(b) Mrs. Costello refuses to see him again
(c) Winterbourne refuses to admit his mistake
(d) Winterbourne is having an affair with two women
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
2. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
3. What does the American community use to punish non-conformists?
4. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
5. What do Daisy, Giovanelli, and Winterbourne do in the Pincian Garden?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)