|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello?
(a) she is American with an Italian last name
(b) she is trying to deny her American past
(c) she is more naive than Daisy
(d) she has no particular religious beliefs
2. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
(a) Winterbourne refuses to admit his mistake
(b) Winterbourne is having an affair with two women
(c) Winterbourne is pursuing an American lady in Geneva
(d) Mrs. Costello refuses to see him again
3. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
(a) that he come see her in Rome
(b) that he return to the hotel before she leaves for Rome
(c) that he take her dancing that evening
(d) that he write letters to her from Geneva
4. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
(a) pretending that he is Italian royalty
(b) staring at a carriage full of women
(c) trying to get money from her
(d) giving her too much flattery
5. What does Winterbourne tell Daisy about?
(a) the rumor of her engagement
(b) the illness of Mrs. Costello
(c) the concert he where would like to take her
(d) the joke he played on Mrs. Walker
Short Answer Questions
1. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
2. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
3. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
4. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
5. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)