|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the funeral, what does Giovanelli proclaim about Daisy?
(a) her secret marriage to him
(b) her innocence
(c) her lustfulness
(d) her love for Winterbourne
2. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
(a) a fortnight
(b) two days
(c) a week
(d) one day
3. Where does Winterbourne next see Giovanelli?
(a) sitting alone in the park
(b) at Daisy's funeral
(c) on the train to Switzerland
(d) walking with another American girl
4. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
(a) as learning how to test a foreign society
(b) as a proper girl misunderstood by the Americans
(c) as purely innocent but finding excitement
(d) as merely testing the social restrictions in Vevey
5. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
(a) that he wants to marry her
(b) that he is interested in her money
(c) that he hates the Italians
(d) that he is not interested
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say she has always had?
2. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
3. What does Mrs. Miller suppose Daisy's situation is?
4. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
5. How does Daisy see her flirtations as being?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)