|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) where Mr. Miller is
(b) the truth about Daisy's innocence
(c) who the woman in Geneva is
(d) where Daisy was born
2. What does Daisy say she has always had?
(a) a closet full of Paris dresses
(b) a great deal of gentlemen's society
(c) a distaste for all things European
(d) an ability to meet strangers
3. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
(a) they are accepted because of their money
(b) they are too hard to get to know
(c) they are brash, uneducated, and uncultivated
(d) they are polished and too superior for the locals
4. More so in Rome, what is the central theme of the novel?
(a) appearance versus reality
(c) the mystery of Daisy
(d) outrageous behavior
5. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
(a) overweight with a prominent nose
(b) large and elegant
(c) hawk-like and narrow of forehead
(d) small and spare with a wandering eye
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
2. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
3. Figuratively, what does Winterbourne choose to do with Daisy that night at the Colosseum?
4. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
5. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)