|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
(a) that the girl is old enough to take care of herself
(b) that the girl should invite her mother along
(c) that the girl is too young to meet her
(d) that the girl is common and thus not fit company
2. What is the contrast between the Millers and Rome?
(a) Rome antiquities contrast to the nouveau riche Americans
(b) Rome contrasts with the antiquated Americans
(c) Rome is uncultured as opposed to the Miller's sophistication
(d) Rome represents the modern and the Millers represent old customs
3. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
(a) screams at Winterbourne to go away
(b) leads Giovanelli into a crowd where they get lost
(c) hides herself and Giovanelli behind her parasol
(d) gets Giovanelli to hire a carriage to take them away
4. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
(a) being too friendly with all natives
(b) walking around with two men
(c) meeting an Italian man in public
(d) dressing prevocatively
5. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
(a) Europe's cultural heritage
(b) the inferiority of Europeans
(c) Europe's immobile economy
(d) the decay of Europe
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
2. What does Mrs. Miller suppose Daisy's situation is?
3. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
4. What does Daisy say about his grin?
5. What does Winterbourne warn Daisy that she is becoming?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)