|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
(b) next week
(c) after they return from the castle
(d) in two days
2. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
(a) people follow her to see what she's doing
(b) doubt is cast on her character
(c) no one really notices
(d) everyone thinks it's only an American custom
3. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
(a) she really is engaged to Giovanelli
(b) she is not as dangerous as his aunt thinks
(c) she is not the nice girl he thought she was
(d) she has completely lost her senses
4. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
(a) to visit his aunt
(b) to look for a job
(c) to help find a school for Randolph
(d) to collect Italian art
5. How does Daisy want to go?
(a) on foot
(b) in a motor car
(c) by bicycle
(d) by steamer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say she has always had?
2. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
3. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
4. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
5. What is missing in Daisy that parallels what is missing in the American expatriates?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)