|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy ask if Winterbourne remembers?
(a) the day they walked in the garden
(b) the way she dressed for the steamer trip
(c) the trip to the Chillon Castle
(d) the sugar he gave to Randolf
2. How do people like Mrs. Costello often make judgments of others?
(a) based on the Bible
(b) based on gossip
(c) based on the facts
(d) based on observation
3. When have Italian men been calling for Daisy at her hotel?
(a) since last month
(b) after she was seen with Giovanelli
(c) early in the morning
(d) late at night
4. What request does Daisy make of Mrs. Walker?
(a) to bring a gentleman friend to her party
(b) to ignore Mr. Winterbourne
(c) to tell her where she buys her clothes
(d) to bring her some English tea
5. What habit of Randolph's is a great worry to his mother and Daisy?
(a) he goes around breaking things
(b) he doesn't sleep
(c) he talks too much
(d) he will only listen to the courier
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
2. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
3. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
4. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
5. What does Mrs. Walker want Daisy to do?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)