|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. More so in Rome, what is the central theme of the novel?
(a) appearance versus reality
(b) outrageous behavior
(d) the mystery of Daisy
2. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
(a) hold the door open for Daisy to exit
(b) find Daisy a carriage
(c) walk with Daisy to her rendezvous
(d) call on Daisy the next day
3. What does Mrs. Costello suggest Daisy might allow herself to do?
(a) break Winterbourne's heart
(b) become a common street walker
(c) become engaged to Giovanelli
(d) become pregnant
4. Who discusses Daisy's exploits but without the disapproving tone of Mrs. Costello?
(b) Mrs. Miller
(d) Mr. Loren
5. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
(a) checking to see when the next steamer leaves for Chillon
(b) looking for a boat to hire
(c) having a pleasant conversation with her mother
(d) trying to think of something interesting to say
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne say his function is for the trip to Chillon Castle?
2. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello?
3. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
4. What kind of company does Mrs. Costello say Daisy has been keeping?
5. How does Daisy react to his departure news?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)