|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the message is delivered to Winterbourne, what happens to Daisy?
(a) she marries Giovanelli
(b) she dies
(c) she returns to America
(d) she recuperates
2. What does Daisy berate Winterbourne for?
(a) believing everything he hears
(b) not calling at her hotel
(c) not minding his own business
(d) not standing up for her
3. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
4. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
(a) checking to see when the next steamer leaves for Chillon
(b) looking for a boat to hire
(c) trying to think of something interesting to say
(d) having a pleasant conversation with her mother
5. At the party, what does Daisy seem to prefer?
(a) talking with the other Americans
(b) spending more time with Winterbourne than Giovanelli
(c) showing off her new engagement ring
(d) asking the women where to buy new fashions
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
2. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
3. What does Mrs. Walker tell Mr. Winterbourne?
4. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
5. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)