|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
(a) he wants to get away from her
(b) he has a girlfriend there
(c) he's bored with her company
(d) he likes to break hearts
2. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
(a) that she should be ashamed of herself
(b) that she cannot see the forest for the trees
(c) that Giovanelli is too old for her
(d) that she and Giovanelli are in love
3. What does flirtation mean to the American expatriates in Rome?
(a) evidence of immoral behavior
(b) innocent games
(c) an assumption of engagement
(d) evidence of good breeding
4. What is Daisy's brother's addiction?
(d) German beer
5. More so in Rome, what is the central theme of the novel?
(a) the mystery of Daisy
(b) outrageous behavior
(c) appearance versus reality
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a central clash in the novel?
2. What disease is believed to be cause by night air?
3. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
4. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
5. What is Winterbourne's reason for being attracted to Daisy?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)