|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates that Winterbourne is actually eager to see Daisy?
(a) he doesn't talk about her with Mrs. Costello
(b) he looks her up first when he gets to Rome
(c) he skipped Bologna and Florence on his way to Rome
(d) he tries to appear eager to please Daisy
2. What does Winterbourne tell Daisy about?
(a) the rumor of her engagement
(b) the concert he where would like to take her
(c) the illness of Mrs. Costello
(d) the joke he played on Mrs. Walker
3. Winterbourne makes a conclusion that Daisy is not an innocent child but a woman with what attribute?
(a) willingness to conform to social propriety
(c) disregard for social propriety
(d) care about what others think of her
4. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) nearly ten at night
(b) eleven o'clock
(d) half past ten
5. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
(a) she decides she would rather they all go in and eat
(b) she opts to return to the hotel with her family
(c) she refuses to make up her mind
(d) she kisses Winterbourne on the mouth and walks off
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
2. How does Daisy appear when Mrs. Walker refuses to speak to her?
3. Who arrives at the house Winterbourne is visiting?
4. How does Daisy see her flirtations as being?
5. What gossip does Winterbourne agree that Daisy is doing by her behavior?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)