|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
(a) trying to think of something interesting to say
(b) looking for a boat to hire
(c) having a pleasant conversation with her mother
(d) checking to see when the next steamer leaves for Chillon
2. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
(a) she opts to return to the hotel with her family
(b) she refuses to make up her mind
(c) she kisses Winterbourne on the mouth and walks off
(d) she decides she would rather they all go in and eat
3. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) her friends' daughters
(b) Swiss girls
(c) French debutantes
(d) her granddaughters
4. What does Daisy say about her brother?
(a) he is tiresome
(b) he is not very bright
(c) he is well behaved
(d) he is ugly
5. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) all the bad experiences she has had
(b) the problem she has meeting men
(c) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(d) the different kinds of weather she has seen
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
2. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
3. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
4. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
5. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)