|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
(a) anything secret
(b) anything wrong
(c) anything non controversial
(d) anything moral
2. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
(c) the concierge
(d) Mrs. Costello
3. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
(a) his moving only in the best society
(b) his limited education in Europe
(c) his weakness for anything that wears a skirt
(d) his being away from America for a long time
4. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
(b) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(c) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
(d) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
5. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she has a gentleman caller
(b) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
(c) she is ill and not receiving visitors
(d) she is out shopping
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne say his function is for the trip to Chillon Castle?
2. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
3. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
4. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
5. What does the brother say Daisy's real name is?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)