|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
(a) her willingness to give generously and her appearance
(b) her good taste in clothes and her descrition about men
(c) her education and the fact that she is beautiful
(d) her financial situation and the fact that she dresses in perfection
2. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
(a) never take his advice
(b) let him stay in their hotel room
(c) treat him as family
(d) pay him too much
3. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
(a) the garden in back of the hotel
(b) in the hotel dining room
(c) the large hall of the hotel
(d) out in front of the hotel
4. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
(a) being superior
(b) being silent
(c) being grave
(d) being jealous
5. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
(a) he's bored with her company
(b) he likes to break hearts
(c) he has a girlfriend there
(d) he wants to get away from her
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
2. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
3. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
4. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
5. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)