|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
(a) Europe's immobile economy
(b) Europe's cultural heritage
(c) the decay of Europe
(d) the inferiority of Europeans
2. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
(a) sent them an invitation to tea
(b) kept out of their way
(c) had a migraine headache
(d) introduced herself
3. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) her granddaughters
(b) Swiss girls
(c) her friends' daughters
(d) French debutantes
4. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
(a) that she doesn't want to meet Daisy
(b) that he has not spoken to his aunt
(c) that he doesn't really have an aunt in the hotel
(d) that she is very ill
5. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) where Mr. Miller is
(b) where Daisy was born
(c) who the woman in Geneva is
(d) the truth about Daisy's innocence
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
2. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
3. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
4. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
5. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)