|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
(a) properly appreciate Europe's ancient charms
(b) learning european languages
(c) eat with the right utensils
(d) speak loudly in public
2. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
(a) he cannot go up to her room
(b) Randolph hates the main hall
(c) Daisy made the arrangement
(d) Daisy's mother is in the back garden
3. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
(a) making a scene
(b) hiding from Randolph
(c) poking around
(d) looking for gentlemen
4. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
(a) he has a girlfriend there
(b) he's bored with her company
(c) he wants to get away from her
(d) he likes to break hearts
5. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
(a) that no men try to speak to her
(b) that she doesn't look at any men
(c) that people look at how pretty she is
(d) that she makes such a spectacle of herself
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
2. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
3. What does the brother say Daisy's real name is?
4. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
5. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)