|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
(a) he will have holiday time while she is in Rome
(b) he can transfer his job to Rome whenever he wishes
(c) his job often takes him to Rome and Paris
(d) his aunt has an apartment where and he is planning to go
2. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) the truth about Daisy's innocence
(b) where Mr. Miller is
(c) where Daisy was born
(d) who the woman in Geneva is
3. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
(a) his eye for all the pretty ladies
(b) his own relationship in Geneva
(c) his pursuit of her although thinking her coarse
(d) his attitude toward servants
4. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
(a) as coarse and a flirt
(b) as a gold digger
(c) as arrogant
(d) as stupid and unstylish
5. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) youth versus age
(b) American versus European culture
(c) men versus women
(d) style versus garrishness
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
2. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
3. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
4. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
5. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)