|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) French debutantes
(b) her granddaughters
(c) Swiss girls
(d) her friends' daughters
2. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
(a) she tells her nephew he cannot come to see her again
(b) she accuses her nephew of corrupting a girl
(c) she tells her nephew to do his work in secret
(d) she assigns guilt to Daisy
3. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
(a) take her out in a boat
(b) drive her to Geneva
(c) take her out dancing
(d) stop talking to her mother
4. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
(a) they don't wear dresses in Europe
(b) there are no dress shops in Europe
(c) the ones in Europe are frightful
(d) only Americans can afford them
5. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
(a) anything wrong
(b) anything moral
(c) anything non controversial
(d) anything secret
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
2. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
3. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
4. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
5. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)