|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) French debutantes
(b) Swiss girls
(c) her friends' daughters
(d) her granddaughters
2. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
(a) she is American, too, and her grandaughters are like Daisy
(b) she was once just like Daisy before she married
(c) she is looked down on by Europeans herself
(d) she judges Daisy without ever having met her
3. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
(a) anything moral
(b) anything secret
(c) anything wrong
(d) anything non controversial
4. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
(a) as stupid and unstylish
(b) as coarse and a flirt
(c) as arrogant
(d) as a gold digger
5. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) travel with a courier
(b) wear the latest fashions
(c) speak before spoken to
(d) consort with strange men without an escort
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
2. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
3. What is Winterbourne's reason for being attracted to Daisy?
4. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
5. What does Daisy say about her brother?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)