|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
(a) they are polished and too superior for the locals
(b) they are accepted because of their money
(c) they are too hard to get to know
(d) they are brash, uneducated, and uncultivated
2. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
(a) to visit his aunt
(b) to help find a school for Randolph
(c) to look for a job
(d) to collect Italian art
3. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
(a) in jeans and a T-shirt
(b) in a pair of pants and a blouse
(c) in a revealing sun dress
(d) in an elegant traveling costume
4. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
(c) the concierge
(d) Mrs. Costello
5. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
(a) anything moral
(b) anything non controversial
(c) anything wrong
(d) anything secret
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
2. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
3. What does Winterbourne say his function is for the trip to Chillon Castle?
4. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
5. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)