|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
(a) everyone thinks it's only an American custom
(b) no one really notices
(c) doubt is cast on her character
(d) people follow her to see what she's doing
2. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) her friends' daughters
(b) French debutantes
(c) Swiss girls
(d) her granddaughters
3. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
(a) angry, insulted, or back handed
(b) relieved, happy, or over joyed
(c) impatience, grief, or confusion
(d) disappointed, or disgusted, or something
4. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
(a) in a carriage
(b) by bicycle
(c) in a row boat
(d) in a motor car
5. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
(b) Mrs. Costello
(c) the concierge
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
2. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
3. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
4. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
5. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)