|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
(a) to escort her to the concierge
(b) to escort her to the boat landing
(c) to escort her to her room
(d) to escort her to his aunt's room
2. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(b) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
(c) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
(d) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
3. What does Winterbourne say his function is for the trip to Chillon Castle?
(b) baggage handler
4. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
(a) introduced herself
(b) kept out of their way
(c) had a migraine headache
(d) sent them an invitation to tea
5. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
(a) because of its isolation
(b) because of its higher level of education
(c) because of its tolerant religion
(d) because of its international flavor
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
2. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
3. What does Daisy say about his grin?
4. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
5. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)