|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) where Daisy was born
(b) the truth about Daisy's innocence
(c) who the woman in Geneva is
(d) where Mr. Miller is
2. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) all the bad experiences she has had
(b) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(c) the problem she has meeting men
(d) the different kinds of weather she has seen
3. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) style versus garrishness
(b) men versus women
(c) youth versus age
(d) American versus European culture
4. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
(a) like a boy with a new toy
(b) like a tiresome way to travel
(c) like an escapade or adventure
(d) like a fish in a bowl
5. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
(a) sent them an invitation to tea
(b) introduced herself
(c) had a migraine headache
(d) kept out of their way
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
2. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
3. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
4. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
5. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)