|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
2. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
(a) in a motor car
(b) by bicycle
(c) in a carriage
(d) in a row boat
3. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
(a) she accuses her nephew of corrupting a girl
(b) she tells her nephew to do his work in secret
(c) she assigns guilt to Daisy
(d) she tells her nephew he cannot come to see her again
4. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) Swiss girls
(b) her friends' daughters
(c) French debutantes
(d) her granddaughters
5. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) consort with strange men without an escort
(b) speak before spoken to
(c) wear the latest fashions
(d) travel with a courier
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
2. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
3. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
4. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
5. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)