|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
(a) in a carriage
(b) by bicycle
(c) in a row boat
(d) in a motor car
2. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
(a) poking around
(b) making a scene
(c) looking for gentlemen
(d) hiding from Randolph
3. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) French debutantes
(b) her granddaughters
(c) Swiss girls
(d) her friends' daughters
4. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
(a) next week
(b) after they return from the castle
(c) in two days
5. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
(a) stop talking to her mother
(b) take her out in a boat
(c) take her out dancing
(d) drive her to Geneva
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
2. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
3. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
4. What is Winterbourne's reason for being attracted to Daisy?
5. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)