|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
(a) of course, she's a big girl now
(b) no, she's taking Randolph
(c) no, with this gentleman
(d) yes, she knows how to row
2. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
(a) in a motor car
(b) in a carriage
(c) in a row boat
(d) by bicycle
3. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) Swiss girls
(b) her granddaughters
(c) her friends' daughters
(d) French debutantes
4. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
(a) a mixture of innocence and crudity
(b) a mixture of youth and old age
(c) a mixture of elegance and rustic behavior
(d) a mixture of sophistication and barbarianism
5. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they entertain her younger brother
(b) that they have dinner together that evening
(c) that they take a train trip to Geneva
(d) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
2. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
3. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
4. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
5. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)