|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) her friends' daughters
(b) her granddaughters
(c) Swiss girls
(d) French debutantes
2. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
(a) she tells her nephew he cannot come to see her again
(b) she accuses her nephew of corrupting a girl
(c) she tells her nephew to do his work in secret
(d) she assigns guilt to Daisy
3. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
(a) poking around
(b) making a scene
(c) looking for gentlemen
(d) hiding from Randolph
4. What does Daisy say she has always had?
(a) a distaste for all things European
(b) a closet full of Paris dresses
(c) an ability to meet strangers
(d) a great deal of gentlemen's society
5. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
(a) Daisy's wardrobe.
(b) Daisy's younger brother.
(c) Daisy's failure to fit into society
(d) Daisy's treatment of Eugenio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
2. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
3. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
4. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
5. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)