|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they have dinner together that evening
(b) that they entertain her younger brother
(c) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(d) that they take a train trip to Geneva
2. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
(a) she accuses her nephew of corrupting a girl
(b) she tells her nephew he cannot come to see her again
(c) she tells her nephew to do his work in secret
(d) she assigns guilt to Daisy
3. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
(a) suggesting that Daisy should not go
(b) suggesting that Randolph go with them
(c) suggesting that she accompany them
(d) suggesting that Daisy go alone
4. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
(b) the concierge
(d) Mrs. Costello
5. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) men versus women
(b) youth versus age
(c) American versus European culture
(d) style versus garrishness
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
2. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
3. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
4. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
5. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)