|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
(a) that Winterbourne keeps his mouth shut
(b) that Winterbourne throws a tantrum
(c) that Winterbourne walks away
(d) that Winterbourne doesn't make a fuss
2. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
(a) his aunt has an apartment where and he is planning to go
(b) he can transfer his job to Rome whenever he wishes
(c) his job often takes him to Rome and Paris
(d) he will have holiday time while she is in Rome
3. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
(a) money and society
(b) war and peace
(c) age against youth
(d) tension between the Americans and the Europeans
4. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
(b) she has a gentleman caller
(c) she is ill and not receiving visitors
(d) she is out shopping
5. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
(a) she tells her nephew he cannot come to see her again
(b) she tells her nephew to do his work in secret
(c) she assigns guilt to Daisy
(d) she accuses her nephew of corrupting a girl
Short Answer Questions
1. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
2. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
3. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
4. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
5. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)