|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
(a) a tour group from America
(b) friends of his from his school days
(c) the Miller family of Schenectady, New York
(d) his aunt's frequent gentleman caller
2. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
(a) poking around
(b) hiding from Randolph
(c) looking for gentlemen
(d) making a scene
3. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
(a) a mixture of youth and old age
(b) a mixture of sophistication and barbarianism
(c) a mixture of elegance and rustic behavior
(d) a mixture of innocence and crudity
4. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
(a) people follow her to see what she's doing
(b) everyone thinks it's only an American custom
(c) doubt is cast on her character
(d) no one really notices
5. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
2. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
3. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
4. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
5. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)