|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mrs. Miller unable to do?
(a) put Randolph to bed
(b) straighten her shawl
(c) walk up the stairs
(d) get Eugenio to order tea
2. How does Daisy want to go?
(a) by steamer
(b) on foot
(c) by bicycle
(d) in a motor car
3. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
(a) slips away and return to the hotel
(b) continues to berate Winterbourne
(c) flirts with all the men
(d) ignores Winterbourne
4. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
(a) like a fish in a bowl
(b) like a boy with a new toy
(c) like an escapade or adventure
(d) like a tiresome way to travel
5. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they take a train trip to Geneva
(b) that they have dinner together that evening
(c) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(d) that they entertain her younger brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daisy's younger brother's name?
2. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
3. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
4. What is Daisy's brother's addiction?
5. What is the mystery of the novel?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)