|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
(a) she appears to be pregnant
(b) what she does in plain view is easy to tell what she does in private
(c) the gossip is enough to brand her as immoral
(d) she tells on herself
2. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
(a) leave a security deposit
(b) hire a chaperon
(c) to introduce Daisy to his aunt
(d) take the little brother along
3. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
(a) Europe's immobile economy
(b) the inferiority of Europeans
(c) the decay of Europe
(d) Europe's cultural heritage
4. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
(a) pushing Daisy into the lake
(b) going off with Daisy
(c) kicking Eugenio
(d) pulling Mrs. Miller's hair
5. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
(a) the formality
(b) the antagonism
(c) the familiarity
(d) the condescension
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
2. What is Daisy's brother's addiction?
3. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
4. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
5. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)