|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
(a) next week
(c) after they return from the castle
(d) in two days
2. What was Mrs. Miller unable to do?
(a) put Randolph to bed
(b) straighten her shawl
(c) walk up the stairs
(d) get Eugenio to order tea
3. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
(a) to introduce Daisy to his aunt
(b) take the little brother along
(c) leave a security deposit
(d) hire a chaperon
4. What is Daisy's brother's addiction?
(a) German beer
5. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) Swiss girls
(b) her granddaughters
(c) her friends' daughters
(d) French debutantes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
2. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
3. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
4. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
5. What does Winterbourne conclude when he thinks he can spend time alone with Daisy?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)