|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
(a) maybe she won't come
(b) his aunt might come down
(c) everyone can see them meet
(d) he feels over dressed
2. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
(a) stop talking to her mother
(b) take her out dancing
(c) take her out in a boat
(d) drive her to Geneva
3. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) embarrassed to be with her
(b) grinning from ear to ear
(c) interested in the direction of the castle
(d) waiting for her to speak first
4. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
(a) how long she has known him
(b) where he is from
(c) how old he is
(d) his full name
5. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) style versus garrishness
(b) youth versus age
(c) men versus women
(d) American versus European culture
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
2. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
3. What does Daisy say about her brother?
4. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
5. What does Daisy say she has always had?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)