|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
(a) ignores Winterbourne
(b) continues to berate Winterbourne
(c) slips away and return to the hotel
(d) flirts with all the men
2. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
(a) suggesting that Randolph go with them
(b) suggesting that Daisy should not go
(c) suggesting that Daisy go alone
(d) suggesting that she accompany them
3. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
(a) he can transfer his job to Rome whenever he wishes
(b) he will have holiday time while she is in Rome
(c) his aunt has an apartment where and he is planning to go
(d) his job often takes him to Rome and Paris
4. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
(a) as stupid and unstylish
(b) as coarse and a flirt
(c) as a gold digger
(d) as arrogant
5. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
(a) no, she's taking Randolph
(b) no, with this gentleman
(c) of course, she's a big girl now
(d) yes, she knows how to row
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
2. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
3. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
4. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
5. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)