|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mrs. Miller unable to do?
(a) put Randolph to bed
(b) walk up the stairs
(c) straighten her shawl
(d) get Eugenio to order tea
2. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
(a) a mixture of innocence and crudity
(b) a mixture of sophistication and barbarianism
(c) a mixture of elegance and rustic behavior
(d) a mixture of youth and old age
3. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
(a) she refuses to make up her mind
(b) she opts to return to the hotel with her family
(c) she kisses Winterbourne on the mouth and walks off
(d) she decides she would rather they all go in and eat
4. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
(a) to escort her to the boat landing
(b) to escort her to her room
(c) to escort her to the concierge
(d) to escort her to his aunt's room
5. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
(b) Mrs. Costello
(c) the concierge
Short Answer Questions
1. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
2. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
3. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
4. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
5. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)