|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
(a) the garden in back of the hotel
(b) out in front of the hotel
(c) the large hall of the hotel
(d) in the hotel dining room
2. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
(a) suggesting that Daisy go alone
(b) suggesting that Daisy should not go
(c) suggesting that Randolph go with them
(d) suggesting that she accompany them
3. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
(a) relieved, happy, or over joyed
(b) disappointed, or disgusted, or something
(c) impatience, grief, or confusion
(d) angry, insulted, or back handed
4. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
(a) take her out in a boat
(b) stop talking to her mother
(c) take her out dancing
(d) drive her to Geneva
5. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
(a) to visit his aunt
(b) to help find a school for Randolph
(c) to collect Italian art
(d) to look for a job
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
2. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
3. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
4. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
5. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)