|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
(a) that she wear a life jacket
(b) that she not go out on a boat
(c) that she go fetch another shawl
(d) that she make up her own mind
2. What does the brother say Daisy's real name is?
(a) Annie P. Miller
(b) Dorothy G. Miller
(c) Elizabeth R. Miller
(d) Marie S. Miller
3. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
(a) he feels over dressed
(b) everyone can see them meet
(c) his aunt might come down
(d) maybe she won't come
4. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) where Daisy was born
(b) where Mr. Miller is
(c) the truth about Daisy's innocence
(d) who the woman in Geneva is
5. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
(a) his moving only in the best society
(b) his limited education in Europe
(c) his weakness for anything that wears a skirt
(d) his being away from America for a long time
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
2. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
3. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
4. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
5. What is a central clash in the novel?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)