|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) the problem she has meeting men
(b) the different kinds of weather she has seen
(c) all the bad experiences she has had
(d) all the good shopping since being in Europe
2. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
(a) his being away from America for a long time
(b) his weakness for anything that wears a skirt
(c) his limited education in Europe
(d) his moving only in the best society
3. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
(a) taking the hot baths
(b) going to school
(c) visiting his aunt
(d) writing a book
4. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
(a) that she doesn't want to meet Daisy
(b) that he doesn't really have an aunt in the hotel
(c) that she is very ill
(d) that he has not spoken to his aunt
5. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
(a) age against youth
(b) money and society
(c) war and peace
(d) tension between the Americans and the Europeans
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's reason for being attracted to Daisy?
2. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
3. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
4. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
5. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)