|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
(a) half an hour
(b) an hour
(c) an hour and a half
(d) twenty minutes
2. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) nearly ten at night
(c) half past ten
(d) eleven o'clock
3. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) who the woman in Geneva is
(b) where Daisy was born
(c) the truth about Daisy's innocence
(d) where Mr. Miller is
4. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
(a) disappointed, or disgusted, or something
(b) relieved, happy, or over joyed
(c) angry, insulted, or back handed
(d) impatience, grief, or confusion
5. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
(a) hawk-like and narrow of forehead
(b) large and elegant
(c) overweight with a prominent nose
(d) small and spare with a wandering eye
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say she has always had?
2. What is Daisy's younger brother's name?
3. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
4. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
5. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)