|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
(a) overweight with a prominent nose
(b) small and spare with a wandering eye
(c) large and elegant
(d) hawk-like and narrow of forehead
2. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
(a) of course, she's a big girl now
(b) no, with this gentleman
(c) no, she's taking Randolph
(d) yes, she knows how to row
3. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
(a) out in front of the hotel
(b) the garden in back of the hotel
(c) the large hall of the hotel
(d) in the hotel dining room
4. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
(a) that the girl is old enough to take care of herself
(b) that the girl is too young to meet her
(c) that the girl is common and thus not fit company
(d) that the girl should invite her mother along
5. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
(a) she accuses her nephew of corrupting a girl
(b) she tells her nephew he cannot come to see her again
(c) she assigns guilt to Daisy
(d) she tells her nephew to do his work in secret
Short Answer Questions
1. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
2. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
3. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
4. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
5. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)