|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
(a) Daisy's younger brother.
(b) Daisy's treatment of Eugenio.
(c) Daisy's failure to fit into society
(d) Daisy's wardrobe.
2. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) style versus garrishness
(b) American versus European culture
(c) men versus women
(d) youth versus age
3. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
(a) stop talking to her mother
(b) take her out dancing
(c) drive her to Geneva
(d) take her out in a boat
4. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
(a) glad to be relieved of watching her
(b) openly showing his disapproval
(c) upset that he has to deal with the younger brother
(d) afraid that Mrs. Miller will fire him
5. What does Daisy say about her brother?
(a) he is tiresome
(b) he is not very bright
(c) he is ugly
(d) he is well behaved
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
2. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
3. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
4. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
5. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)