|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
(a) angry, insulted, or back handed
(b) disappointed, or disgusted, or something
(c) relieved, happy, or over joyed
(d) impatience, grief, or confusion
2. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
(a) if they are all rich
(b) if they have schools
(c) if they all live in hotels
(d) if they eat hotdogs for breakfast
3. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
(a) having a pleasant conversation with her mother
(b) trying to think of something interesting to say
(c) looking for a boat to hire
(d) checking to see when the next steamer leaves for Chillon
4. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) embarrassed to be with her
(b) grinning from ear to ear
(c) interested in the direction of the castle
(d) waiting for her to speak first
5. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) the different kinds of weather she has seen
(b) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(c) all the bad experiences she has had
(d) the problem she has meeting men
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
2. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
3. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
4. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
5. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)