|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
(a) treat him as family
(b) never take his advice
(c) pay him too much
(d) let him stay in their hotel room
2. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) grinning from ear to ear
(b) interested in the direction of the castle
(c) embarrassed to be with her
(d) waiting for her to speak first
3. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
4. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
(a) her financial situation and the fact that she dresses in perfection
(b) her willingness to give generously and her appearance
(c) her education and the fact that she is beautiful
(d) her good taste in clothes and her descrition about men
5. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
(a) ignores Winterbourne
(b) slips away and return to the hotel
(c) continues to berate Winterbourne
(d) flirts with all the men
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
2. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
3. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
4. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
5. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)