|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say her mother doesn't like?
(a) wearing a shawl
(b) traveling in Europe
(c) any of her gentleman friends
(d) eathing Swiss food
2. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
(a) she tells her nephew to do his work in secret
(b) she assigns guilt to Daisy
(c) she tells her nephew he cannot come to see her again
(d) she accuses her nephew of corrupting a girl
3. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
(a) that she not go out on a boat
(b) that she wear a life jacket
(c) that she go fetch another shawl
(d) that she make up her own mind
4. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
(a) in jeans and a T-shirt
(b) in a pair of pants and a blouse
(c) in a revealing sun dress
(d) in an elegant traveling costume
5. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) style versus garrishness
(b) American versus European culture
(c) men versus women
(d) youth versus age
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
2. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
3. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
4. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
5. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)