|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
(a) not to waste time seeing them
(b) they are better than those in Italy
(c) they cost too much to visit
(d) to be sure and see them all
2. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
(a) suggesting that Daisy should not go
(b) suggesting that she accompany them
(c) suggesting that Daisy go alone
(d) suggesting that Randolph go with them
3. What does Daisy say her mother doesn't like?
(a) any of her gentleman friends
(b) wearing a shawl
(c) eathing Swiss food
(d) traveling in Europe
4. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
(a) if they eat hotdogs for breakfast
(b) if they have schools
(c) if they are all rich
(d) if they all live in hotels
5. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they entertain her younger brother
(b) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(c) that they have dinner together that evening
(d) that they take a train trip to Geneva
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
2. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
3. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
4. What is a central clash in the novel?
5. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)