|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) nearly ten at night
(b) eleven o'clock
(c) half past ten
2. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
(a) a mixture of youth and old age
(b) a mixture of innocence and crudity
(c) a mixture of elegance and rustic behavior
(d) a mixture of sophistication and barbarianism
3. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
(a) the garden in back of the hotel
(b) out in front of the hotel
(c) the large hall of the hotel
(d) in the hotel dining room
4. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
(a) the way she walks
(b) the mystery of her character
(c) the mystery of her wealth
(d) the cut of her clothes
5. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
(a) afraid that Mrs. Miller will fire him
(b) glad to be relieved of watching her
(c) openly showing his disapproval
(d) upset that he has to deal with the younger brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
2. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
3. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
4. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
5. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)