|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
(b) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
(c) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(d) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
2. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
(a) what she does in plain view is easy to tell what she does in private
(b) the gossip is enough to brand her as immoral
(c) she appears to be pregnant
(d) she tells on herself
3. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
(a) Randolph hates the main hall
(b) Daisy made the arrangement
(c) Daisy's mother is in the back garden
(d) he cannot go up to her room
4. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
(a) that the girl is common and thus not fit company
(b) that the girl is old enough to take care of herself
(c) that the girl should invite her mother along
(d) that the girl is too young to meet her
5. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
(a) take her out dancing
(b) take her out in a boat
(c) stop talking to her mother
(d) drive her to Geneva
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
2. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
3. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
4. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
5. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)