|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
(a) leave a security deposit
(b) take the little brother along
(c) hire a chaperon
(d) to introduce Daisy to his aunt
2. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
3. What does Winterbourne say his function is for the trip to Chillon Castle?
(a) baggage handler
4. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) the different kinds of weather she has seen
(b) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(c) all the bad experiences she has had
(d) the problem she has meeting men
5. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
(b) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(c) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
(d) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
2. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
3. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
4. What is Daisy's younger brother's name?
5. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)