|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy react to his departure news?
(a) she laughs at him
(b) she thinks he's horrid
(c) she's happy to see him go
(d) she doesn't respond
2. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) half past ten
(b) eleven o'clock
(d) nearly ten at night
3. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they entertain her younger brother
(b) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(c) that they have dinner together that evening
(d) that they take a train trip to Geneva
4. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
(a) as arrogant
(b) as coarse and a flirt
(c) as stupid and unstylish
(d) as a gold digger
5. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
(a) taking the hot baths
(b) writing a book
(c) going to school
(d) visiting his aunt
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
2. What is the mystery of the novel?
3. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
4. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
5. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)