|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
(a) the decay of Europe
(b) Europe's immobile economy
(c) the inferiority of Europeans
(d) Europe's cultural heritage
2. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
(a) after they return from the castle
(b) next week
(c) in two days
3. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
(a) suggesting that Randolph go with them
(b) suggesting that Daisy should not go
(c) suggesting that Daisy go alone
(d) suggesting that she accompany them
4. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
(b) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
(c) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(d) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
5. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she is ill and not receiving visitors
(b) she is out shopping
(c) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
(d) she has a gentleman caller
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
2. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
3. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
4. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
5. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)