|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
(a) impatience, grief, or confusion
(b) disappointed, or disgusted, or something
(c) relieved, happy, or over joyed
(d) angry, insulted, or back handed
2. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
(a) maybe she won't come
(b) everyone can see them meet
(c) he feels over dressed
(d) his aunt might come down
3. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) all the bad experiences she has had
(b) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(c) the problem she has meeting men
(d) the different kinds of weather she has seen
4. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
(a) properly appreciate Europe's ancient charms
(b) speak loudly in public
(c) eat with the right utensils
(d) learning european languages
5. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
(a) treat him as family
(b) never take his advice
(c) let him stay in their hotel room
(d) pay him too much
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
2. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
3. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
4. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
5. What does Daisy say about his grin?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)