|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
(a) being jealous
(b) being superior
(c) being grave
(d) being silent
2. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
(a) that she doesn't want to meet Daisy
(b) that he has not spoken to his aunt
(c) that she is very ill
(d) that he doesn't really have an aunt in the hotel
3. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they have dinner together that evening
(b) that they take a train trip to Geneva
(c) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(d) that they entertain her younger brother
4. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
(a) trying to think of something interesting to say
(b) looking for a boat to hire
(c) having a pleasant conversation with her mother
(d) checking to see when the next steamer leaves for Chillon
5. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
(a) not to waste time seeing them
(b) they cost too much to visit
(c) to be sure and see them all
(d) they are better than those in Italy
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
2. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
3. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
4. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
5. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)