|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) youth versus age
(b) American versus European culture
(c) style versus garrishness
(d) men versus women
2. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
(a) that Winterbourne throws a tantrum
(b) that Winterbourne keeps his mouth shut
(c) that Winterbourne doesn't make a fuss
(d) that Winterbourne walks away
3. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(b) eleven o'clock
(c) half past ten
(d) nearly ten at night
4. What is Winterbourne's reason for being attracted to Daisy?
(a) she has no morals whatsoever
(b) she is obviously a rich girl
(c) she is wonderfully pretty
(d) she is an excellent conversationalist
5. What does Daisy say about her brother?
(a) he is not very bright
(b) he is well behaved
(c) he is tiresome
(d) he is ugly
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
2. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
3. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
4. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
5. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)