|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
(a) with a shocking bluntness
(b) with a kind of sweetness
(c) with a lot of curiosity
(d) with a very loud voice
2. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) style versus garrishness
(b) youth versus age
(c) American versus European culture
(d) men versus women
3. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
(a) a week
(b) two days
(c) one day
(d) a fortnight
4. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) nearly ten at night
(c) half past ten
(d) eleven o'clock
5. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
(a) no one really notices
(b) everyone thinks it's only an American custom
(c) doubt is cast on her character
(d) people follow her to see what she's doing
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
2. What is Winterbourne's reason for being attracted to Daisy?
3. What does Daisy say her mother doesn't like?
4. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
5. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)