|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
(a) if they eat hotdogs for breakfast
(b) if they are all rich
(c) if they have schools
(d) if they all live in hotels
2. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
(a) to be sure and see them all
(b) not to waste time seeing them
(c) they cost too much to visit
(d) they are better than those in Italy
3. What does the brother say Daisy's real name is?
(a) Annie P. Miller
(b) Marie S. Miller
(c) Dorothy G. Miller
(d) Elizabeth R. Miller
4. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
(a) minding their own business
(b) talking about the weather
(c) looking very hard
(d) trying to get out the door
5. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
(a) looking for a boat to hire
(b) trying to think of something interesting to say
(c) checking to see when the next steamer leaves for Chillon
(d) having a pleasant conversation with her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
2. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
3. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
4. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
5. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)