|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
(a) the condescension
(b) the formality
(c) the familiarity
(d) the antagonism
2. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
(a) the mystery of her character
(b) the way she walks
(c) the cut of her clothes
(d) the mystery of her wealth
3. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
(a) trying to get out the door
(b) talking about the weather
(c) minding their own business
(d) looking very hard
4. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
(a) properly appreciate Europe's ancient charms
(b) speak loudly in public
(c) eat with the right utensils
(d) learning european languages
5. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they entertain her younger brother
(b) that they take a train trip to Geneva
(c) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(d) that they have dinner together that evening
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
2. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
3. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
4. What does Winterbourne conclude when he thinks he can spend time alone with Daisy?
5. What does Daisy say about her brother?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)