|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
(a) he's bored with her company
(b) he has a girlfriend there
(c) he likes to break hearts
(d) he wants to get away from her
2. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) nearly ten at night
(c) eleven o'clock
(d) half past ten
3. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) youth versus age
(b) American versus European culture
(c) men versus women
(d) style versus garrishness
4. What was Mrs. Miller unable to do?
(a) walk up the stairs
(b) get Eugenio to order tea
(c) straighten her shawl
(d) put Randolph to bed
5. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
(a) an hour and a half
(b) half an hour
(c) an hour
(d) twenty minutes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
2. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
3. What habit of Randolph's is a great worry to his mother and Daisy?
4. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
5. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)