|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
(a) they cost too much to visit
(b) to be sure and see them all
(c) not to waste time seeing them
(d) they are better than those in Italy
2. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
(a) had a migraine headache
(b) introduced herself
(c) kept out of their way
(d) sent them an invitation to tea
3. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
(a) his aunt might come down
(b) everyone can see them meet
(c) maybe she won't come
(d) he feels over dressed
4. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(b) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
(c) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
(d) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
5. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
(a) an hour
(b) twenty minutes
(c) half an hour
(d) an hour and a half
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
2. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
3. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
4. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
5. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)