|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
(a) checking to see when the next steamer leaves for Chillon
(b) having a pleasant conversation with her mother
(c) looking for a boat to hire
(d) trying to think of something interesting to say
2. What does Daisy say her mother doesn't like?
(a) any of her gentleman friends
(b) traveling in Europe
(c) wearing a shawl
(d) eathing Swiss food
3. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) where Mr. Miller is
(b) where Daisy was born
(c) who the woman in Geneva is
(d) the truth about Daisy's innocence
4. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
(a) that he come see her in Rome
(b) that he take her dancing that evening
(c) that he return to the hotel before she leaves for Rome
(d) that he write letters to her from Geneva
5. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
(a) Daisy's failure to fit into society
(b) Daisy's wardrobe.
(c) Daisy's treatment of Eugenio.
(d) Daisy's younger brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
2. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
3. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
4. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
5. What does Winterbourne say his function is for the trip to Chillon Castle?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)