|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
(a) to be sure and see them all
(b) they cost too much to visit
(c) not to waste time seeing them
(d) they are better than those in Italy
2. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
(a) Europe's immobile economy
(b) Europe's cultural heritage
(c) the decay of Europe
(d) the inferiority of Europeans
3. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
(a) suggesting that Randolph go with them
(b) suggesting that Daisy go alone
(c) suggesting that she accompany them
(d) suggesting that Daisy should not go
4. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
(a) his aunt has an apartment where and he is planning to go
(b) his job often takes him to Rome and Paris
(c) he will have holiday time while she is in Rome
(d) he can transfer his job to Rome whenever he wishes
5. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
(a) he's bored with her company
(b) he has a girlfriend there
(c) he wants to get away from her
(d) he likes to break hearts
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daisy's younger brother's name?
2. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
3. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
4. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
5. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)