|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
(a) as stupid and unstylish
(b) as a gold digger
(c) as coarse and a flirt
(d) as arrogant
2. How does Daisy want to go?
(a) on foot
(b) by bicycle
(c) in a motor car
(d) by steamer
3. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
(a) money and society
(b) age against youth
(c) tension between the Americans and the Europeans
(d) war and peace
4. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
(a) his attitude toward servants
(b) his own relationship in Geneva
(c) his pursuit of her although thinking her coarse
(d) his eye for all the pretty ladies
5. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) the truth about Daisy's innocence
(b) where Daisy was born
(c) who the woman in Geneva is
(d) where Mr. Miller is
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
2. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
3. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
4. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
5. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)