|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
(a) talking about the weather
(b) minding their own business
(c) trying to get out the door
(d) looking very hard
2. What does Daisy say about her brother?
(a) he is well behaved
(b) he is tiresome
(c) he is not very bright
(d) he is ugly
3. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
(a) the Miller family of Schenectady, New York
(b) his aunt's frequent gentleman caller
(c) a tour group from America
(d) friends of his from his school days
4. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
(a) like a tiresome way to travel
(b) like a fish in a bowl
(c) like a boy with a new toy
(d) like an escapade or adventure
5. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
(b) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
(c) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
(d) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
2. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
3. What is the mystery of the novel?
4. What is Winterbourne's reason for being attracted to Daisy?
5. What does Daisy say her mother doesn't like?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)