|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
(a) because of its isolation
(b) because of its higher level of education
(c) because of its tolerant religion
(d) because of its international flavor
2. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
(b) in two days
(c) next week
(d) after they return from the castle
3. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
(a) friends of his from his school days
(b) the Miller family of Schenectady, New York
(c) a tour group from America
(d) his aunt's frequent gentleman caller
4. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) the problem she has meeting men
(b) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(c) the different kinds of weather she has seen
(d) all the bad experiences she has had
5. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(b) that they have dinner together that evening
(c) that they take a train trip to Geneva
(d) that they entertain her younger brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
2. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
3. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
4. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
5. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)