|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
(a) the large hall of the hotel
(b) out in front of the hotel
(c) the garden in back of the hotel
(d) in the hotel dining room
2. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
(a) the antagonism
(b) the formality
(c) the familiarity
(d) the condescension
3. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
(a) next week
(c) in two days
(d) after they return from the castle
4. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
(a) never take his advice
(b) let him stay in their hotel room
(c) treat him as family
(d) pay him too much
5. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
(a) no one really notices
(b) doubt is cast on her character
(c) people follow her to see what she's doing
(d) everyone thinks it's only an American custom
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
2. How does Daisy want to go?
3. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
4. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
5. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)