|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
(a) she refuses to make up her mind
(b) she opts to return to the hotel with her family
(c) she decides she would rather they all go in and eat
(d) she kisses Winterbourne on the mouth and walks off
2. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) where Daisy was born
(b) who the woman in Geneva is
(c) the truth about Daisy's innocence
(d) where Mr. Miller is
3. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
(a) that the courier stayed out of sight
(b) that Mrs. Miller went with them on the steamer
(c) that he was alone with Daisy
(d) that he nearly fell from the steamer
4. What does Winterbourne conclude when he thinks he can spend time alone with Daisy?
(a) that Daisy's mother will relent and go with them
(b) that Daisy is not as innocent as she looks
(c) that Daisy is teasing him and it will never happen
(d) that Daisy is too innocent to know what she's doing
5. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) all the bad experiences she has had
(b) the problem she has meeting men
(c) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(d) the different kinds of weather she has seen
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit of Randolph's is a great worry to his mother and Daisy?
2. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
3. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
4. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
5. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)