|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
(a) as stupid and unstylish
(b) as arrogant
(c) as a gold digger
(d) as coarse and a flirt
2. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
(a) that he was alone with Daisy
(b) that he nearly fell from the steamer
(c) that the courier stayed out of sight
(d) that Mrs. Miller went with them on the steamer
3. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
(a) she was once just like Daisy before she married
(b) she is American, too, and her grandaughters are like Daisy
(c) she is looked down on by Europeans herself
(d) she judges Daisy without ever having met her
4. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
(a) looking for gentlemen
(b) making a scene
(c) poking around
(d) hiding from Randolph
5. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
(a) how long she has known him
(b) his full name
(c) where he is from
(d) how old he is
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
2. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
3. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
4. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
5. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)