|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
(a) how old he is
(b) where he is from
(c) his full name
(d) how long she has known him
2. What does Daisy say she has always had?
(a) a great deal of gentlemen's society
(b) an ability to meet strangers
(c) a distaste for all things European
(d) a closet full of Paris dresses
3. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) style versus garrishness
(b) youth versus age
(c) American versus European culture
(d) men versus women
4. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
(a) half an hour
(b) an hour and a half
(c) twenty minutes
(d) an hour
5. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
(a) his being away from America for a long time
(b) his limited education in Europe
(c) his weakness for anything that wears a skirt
(d) his moving only in the best society
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
2. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
3. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
4. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
5. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)