|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) nearly ten at night
(b) half past ten
(d) eleven o'clock
2. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) waiting for her to speak first
(b) grinning from ear to ear
(c) embarrassed to be with her
(d) interested in the direction of the castle
3. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
(a) to collect Italian art
(b) to help find a school for Randolph
(c) to visit his aunt
(d) to look for a job
4. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
(a) looking for a boat to hire
(b) having a pleasant conversation with her mother
(c) checking to see when the next steamer leaves for Chillon
(d) trying to think of something interesting to say
5. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
(a) Randolph hates the main hall
(b) Daisy made the arrangement
(c) Daisy's mother is in the back garden
(d) he cannot go up to her room
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
2. What does Daisy say she has always had?
3. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
4. What habit of Randolph's is a great worry to his mother and Daisy?
5. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)