|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she is ill and not receiving visitors
(b) she is out shopping
(c) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
(d) she has a gentleman caller
2. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
(a) the ones in Europe are frightful
(b) there are no dress shops in Europe
(c) only Americans can afford them
(d) they don't wear dresses in Europe
3. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
(a) like an escapade or adventure
(b) like a tiresome way to travel
(c) like a fish in a bowl
(d) like a boy with a new toy
4. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
(a) to visit his aunt
(b) to collect Italian art
(c) to help find a school for Randolph
(d) to look for a job
5. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
(a) ignores Winterbourne
(b) flirts with all the men
(c) continues to berate Winterbourne
(d) slips away and return to the hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
2. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
3. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
4. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
5. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)