|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) interested in the direction of the castle
(b) embarrassed to be with her
(c) waiting for her to speak first
(d) grinning from ear to ear
2. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
(a) his own relationship in Geneva
(b) his pursuit of her although thinking her coarse
(c) his attitude toward servants
(d) his eye for all the pretty ladies
3. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
(a) anything moral
(b) anything secret
(c) anything non controversial
(d) anything wrong
4. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) style versus garrishness
(b) youth versus age
(c) men versus women
(d) American versus European culture
5. How does Daisy react to his departure news?
(a) she doesn't respond
(b) she's happy to see him go
(c) she laughs at him
(d) she thinks he's horrid
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
2. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
3. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
4. What does Daisy say she has always had?
5. What is Daisy's brother's addiction?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)