|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
(a) because of its international flavor
(b) because of its higher level of education
(c) because of its isolation
(d) because of its tolerant religion
2. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
(a) Europe's immobile economy
(b) the inferiority of Europeans
(c) the decay of Europe
(d) Europe's cultural heritage
3. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
(a) upset that he has to deal with the younger brother
(b) glad to be relieved of watching her
(c) afraid that Mrs. Miller will fire him
(d) openly showing his disapproval
4. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
(a) he will have holiday time while she is in Rome
(b) he can transfer his job to Rome whenever he wishes
(c) his aunt has an apartment where and he is planning to go
(d) his job often takes him to Rome and Paris
5. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
(a) Mrs. Costello
(d) the concierge
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
2. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
3. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
4. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
5. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)