|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
(a) poking around
(b) hiding from Randolph
(c) looking for gentlemen
(d) making a scene
2. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
(a) they don't wear dresses in Europe
(b) there are no dress shops in Europe
(c) the ones in Europe are frightful
(d) only Americans can afford them
3. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
(a) as arrogant
(b) as stupid and unstylish
(c) as coarse and a flirt
(d) as a gold digger
4. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
(a) twenty minutes
(b) half an hour
(c) an hour and a half
(d) an hour
5. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) style versus garrishness
(b) youth versus age
(c) men versus women
(d) American versus European culture
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say she has always had?
2. What does the brother say Daisy's real name is?
3. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
4. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
5. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)