|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
(a) Randolph hates the main hall
(b) Daisy's mother is in the back garden
(c) he cannot go up to her room
(d) Daisy made the arrangement
2. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
(a) hawk-like and narrow of forehead
(b) large and elegant
(c) overweight with a prominent nose
(d) small and spare with a wandering eye
3. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
(a) the familiarity
(b) the formality
(c) the condescension
(d) the antagonism
4. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
(a) a fortnight
(b) a week
(c) two days
(d) one day
5. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
(a) glad to be relieved of watching her
(b) upset that he has to deal with the younger brother
(c) afraid that Mrs. Miller will fire him
(d) openly showing his disapproval
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
2. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
3. How does Daisy react to his departure news?
4. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
5. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)