|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
(a) in two days
(c) after they return from the castle
(d) next week
2. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
(a) with a kind of sweetness
(b) with a very loud voice
(c) with a shocking bluntness
(d) with a lot of curiosity
3. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
(a) Daisy's younger brother.
(b) Daisy's failure to fit into society
(c) Daisy's wardrobe.
(d) Daisy's treatment of Eugenio.
4. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
(a) pushing Daisy into the lake
(b) pulling Mrs. Miller's hair
(c) kicking Eugenio
(d) going off with Daisy
5. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
(a) her education and the fact that she is beautiful
(b) her willingness to give generously and her appearance
(c) her financial situation and the fact that she dresses in perfection
(d) her good taste in clothes and her descrition about men
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
2. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
3. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
4. What was Mrs. Miller unable to do?
5. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)