|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
2. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
(a) that Winterbourne keeps his mouth shut
(b) that Winterbourne throws a tantrum
(c) that Winterbourne doesn't make a fuss
(d) that Winterbourne walks away
3. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
(a) a tour group from America
(b) the Miller family of Schenectady, New York
(c) friends of his from his school days
(d) his aunt's frequent gentleman caller
4. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
(a) she assigns guilt to Daisy
(b) she tells her nephew to do his work in secret
(c) she tells her nephew he cannot come to see her again
(d) she accuses her nephew of corrupting a girl
5. What could Daisy not say when introducing Winterbourne to her mother?
(a) how old he is
(b) his full name
(c) how long she has known him
(d) where he is from
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a central clash in the novel?
2. What does Daisy say about her brother?
3. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
4. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
5. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)