|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
(a) she kisses Winterbourne on the mouth and walks off
(b) she refuses to make up her mind
(c) she decides she would rather they all go in and eat
(d) she opts to return to the hotel with her family
2. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
(a) they are better than those in Italy
(b) to be sure and see them all
(c) not to waste time seeing them
(d) they cost too much to visit
3. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
(a) the condescension
(b) the familiarity
(c) the formality
(d) the antagonism
4. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
(a) she assigns guilt to Daisy
(b) she accuses her nephew of corrupting a girl
(c) she tells her nephew he cannot come to see her again
(d) she tells her nephew to do his work in secret
5. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
(a) slips away and return to the hotel
(b) continues to berate Winterbourne
(c) ignores Winterbourne
(d) flirts with all the men
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
2. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
3. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
4. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
5. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)