|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
(a) the mystery of her character
(b) the cut of her clothes
(c) the way she walks
(d) the mystery of her wealth
2. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
(a) slips away and return to the hotel
(b) ignores Winterbourne
(c) continues to berate Winterbourne
(d) flirts with all the men
3. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
(a) tension between the Americans and the Europeans
(b) war and peace
(c) money and society
(d) age against youth
4. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
(a) everyone thinks it's only an American custom
(b) doubt is cast on her character
(c) people follow her to see what she's doing
(d) no one really notices
5. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
(a) to escort her to his aunt's room
(b) to escort her to the boat landing
(c) to escort her to the concierge
(d) to escort her to her room
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say her mother doesn't like?
2. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
3. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
4. How does Daisy want to go?
5. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)