|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say about his grin?
(a) he looks like he ate the canary
(b) he's not laughing with his eyes
(c) he's turned it upside down
(d) his ears are very near together
2. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
(a) money and society
(b) age against youth
(c) war and peace
(d) tension between the Americans and the Europeans
3. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
(a) anything secret
(b) anything wrong
(c) anything non controversial
(d) anything moral
4. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
(a) never take his advice
(b) pay him too much
(c) let him stay in their hotel room
(d) treat him as family
5. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
(a) he likes to break hearts
(b) he has a girlfriend there
(c) he wants to get away from her
(d) he's bored with her company
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
2. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
3. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
4. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
5. How does Daisy want to go?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)