|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
(a) the gossip is enough to brand her as immoral
(b) she appears to be pregnant
(c) she tells on herself
(d) what she does in plain view is easy to tell what she does in private
2. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
(a) his aunt's frequent gentleman caller
(b) the Miller family of Schenectady, New York
(c) a tour group from America
(d) friends of his from his school days
3. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
(a) that the girl is too young to meet her
(b) that the girl is old enough to take care of herself
(c) that the girl should invite her mother along
(d) that the girl is common and thus not fit company
4. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) waiting for her to speak first
(b) grinning from ear to ear
(c) embarrassed to be with her
(d) interested in the direction of the castle
5. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
(a) glad to be relieved of watching her
(b) afraid that Mrs. Miller will fire him
(c) openly showing his disapproval
(d) upset that he has to deal with the younger brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
2. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
3. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
4. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
5. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)