|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
(a) she judges Daisy without ever having met her
(b) she is looked down on by Europeans herself
(c) she is American, too, and her grandaughters are like Daisy
(d) she was once just like Daisy before she married
2. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
(a) that she wear a life jacket
(b) that she not go out on a boat
(c) that she go fetch another shawl
(d) that she make up her own mind
3. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
(a) anything secret
(b) anything non controversial
(c) anything moral
(d) anything wrong
4. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
(a) she appears to be pregnant
(b) she tells on herself
(c) what she does in plain view is easy to tell what she does in private
(d) the gossip is enough to brand her as immoral
5. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
(a) that the girl is too young to meet her
(b) that the girl should invite her mother along
(c) that the girl is old enough to take care of herself
(d) that the girl is common and thus not fit company
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy want to go?
2. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
3. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
4. What does Daisy say about her brother?
5. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)