|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say about her brother?
(a) he is well behaved
(b) he is ugly
(c) he is not very bright
(d) he is tiresome
2. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
(a) the large hall of the hotel
(b) in the hotel dining room
(c) out in front of the hotel
(d) the garden in back of the hotel
3. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
(a) his being away from America for a long time
(b) his weakness for anything that wears a skirt
(c) his limited education in Europe
(d) his moving only in the best society
4. What does the brother say Daisy's real name is?
(a) Marie S. Miller
(b) Dorothy G. Miller
(c) Elizabeth R. Miller
(d) Annie P. Miller
5. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
(a) there are no dress shops in Europe
(b) only Americans can afford them
(c) the ones in Europe are frightful
(d) they don't wear dresses in Europe
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say her mother doesn't like?
2. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
3. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
4. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
5. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)