|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
(a) he likes to break hearts
(b) he has a girlfriend there
(c) he's bored with her company
(d) he wants to get away from her
2. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) her friends' daughters
(b) French debutantes
(c) her granddaughters
(d) Swiss girls
3. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
(a) minding their own business
(b) talking about the weather
(c) trying to get out the door
(d) looking very hard
4. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
(a) as arrogant
(b) as stupid and unstylish
(c) as coarse and a flirt
(d) as a gold digger
5. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
(a) they are too hard to get to know
(b) they are accepted because of their money
(c) they are brash, uneducated, and uncultivated
(d) they are polished and too superior for the locals
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
2. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
3. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
4. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
5. How does Daisy want to go?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)