|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
(a) in an elegant traveling costume
(b) in jeans and a T-shirt
(c) in a pair of pants and a blouse
(d) in a revealing sun dress
2. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
(a) they cost too much to visit
(b) they are better than those in Italy
(c) to be sure and see them all
(d) not to waste time seeing them
3. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) eleven o'clock
(c) nearly ten at night
(d) half past ten
4. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
(a) people follow her to see what she's doing
(b) doubt is cast on her character
(c) everyone thinks it's only an American custom
(d) no one really notices
5. What does Winterbourne conclude when he thinks he can spend time alone with Daisy?
(a) that Daisy's mother will relent and go with them
(b) that Daisy is too innocent to know what she's doing
(c) that Daisy is not as innocent as she looks
(d) that Daisy is teasing him and it will never happen
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
2. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
3. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
4. What is a central clash in the novel?
5. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)