|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
(a) he has a girlfriend there
(b) he's bored with her company
(c) he likes to break hearts
(d) he wants to get away from her
2. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
(a) had a migraine headache
(b) sent them an invitation to tea
(c) kept out of their way
(d) introduced herself
3. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
(a) angry, insulted, or back handed
(b) disappointed, or disgusted, or something
(c) relieved, happy, or over joyed
(d) impatience, grief, or confusion
4. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
(a) with a kind of sweetness
(b) with a lot of curiosity
(c) with a very loud voice
(d) with a shocking bluntness
5. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
(a) American madness
(b) the power of money
(d) innocence or the appearance of it
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
2. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
3. What does Daisy say she has always had?
4. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
5. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)