|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they take a train trip to Geneva
(b) that they have dinner together that evening
(c) that they entertain her younger brother
(d) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
2. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
(a) they are too hard to get to know
(b) they are accepted because of their money
(c) they are brash, uneducated, and uncultivated
(d) they are polished and too superior for the locals
3. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
(a) looking for gentlemen
(b) poking around
(c) hiding from Randolph
(d) making a scene
4. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) interested in the direction of the castle
(b) grinning from ear to ear
(c) waiting for her to speak first
(d) embarrassed to be with her
5. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
(a) he likes to break hearts
(b) he wants to get away from her
(c) he's bored with her company
(d) he has a girlfriend there
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
2. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
3. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
4. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
5. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)