|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
(a) in a row boat
(b) by bicycle
(c) in a motor car
(d) in a carriage
2. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) speak before spoken to
(b) wear the latest fashions
(c) travel with a courier
(d) consort with strange men without an escort
3. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
(a) the concierge
(d) Mrs. Costello
4. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
(b) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(c) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
(d) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
5. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
(a) doing buisness in Rome
(b) in California, USA
(c) a better place than Europe
(d) upstairs in their hotel room
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daisy's brother's addiction?
2. How does Daisy want to go?
3. What does Daisy say she has always had?
4. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
5. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)