|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
(a) that she doesn't want to meet Daisy
(b) that he has not spoken to his aunt
(c) that he doesn't really have an aunt in the hotel
(d) that she is very ill
2. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
(a) not to waste time seeing them
(b) they are better than those in Italy
(c) to be sure and see them all
(d) they cost too much to visit
3. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(b) that they take a train trip to Geneva
(c) that they have dinner together that evening
(d) that they entertain her younger brother
4. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
(a) that Winterbourne doesn't make a fuss
(b) that Winterbourne throws a tantrum
(c) that Winterbourne walks away
(d) that Winterbourne keeps his mouth shut
5. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
(b) she is out shopping
(c) she has a gentleman caller
(d) she is ill and not receiving visitors
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
2. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
3. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
4. What does Winterbourne conclude when he thinks he can spend time alone with Daisy?
5. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)