|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) half past ten
(b) eleven o'clock
(c) nearly ten at night
2. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
(a) to introduce Daisy to his aunt
(b) leave a security deposit
(c) take the little brother along
(d) hire a chaperon
3. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
(a) there are no dress shops in Europe
(b) the ones in Europe are frightful
(c) only Americans can afford them
(d) they don't wear dresses in Europe
4. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
(a) he will have holiday time while she is in Rome
(b) his job often takes him to Rome and Paris
(c) his aunt has an apartment where and he is planning to go
(d) he can transfer his job to Rome whenever he wishes
5. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
(a) that she doesn't look at any men
(b) that she makes such a spectacle of herself
(c) that no men try to speak to her
(d) that people look at how pretty she is
Short Answer Questions
1. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
2. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
3. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
4. What does Daisy say about her brother?
5. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)