|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
(a) to be sure and see them all
(b) they are better than those in Italy
(c) not to waste time seeing them
(d) they cost too much to visit
2. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
(a) her financial situation and the fact that she dresses in perfection
(b) her willingness to give generously and her appearance
(c) her education and the fact that she is beautiful
(d) her good taste in clothes and her descrition about men
3. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) the problem she has meeting men
(b) the different kinds of weather she has seen
(c) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(d) all the bad experiences she has had
4. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
(a) afraid that Mrs. Miller will fire him
(b) glad to be relieved of watching her
(c) upset that he has to deal with the younger brother
(d) openly showing his disapproval
5. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
(a) the garden in back of the hotel
(b) the large hall of the hotel
(c) out in front of the hotel
(d) in the hotel dining room
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
2. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
3. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
4. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
5. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)