|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne warn Daisy that she is becoming?
(a) too sophistocated
(b) a typical expatriate
(c) unwelcome among the Americans
(d) an old woman
2. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
(a) going to school
(b) visiting his aunt
(c) writing a book
(d) taking the hot baths
3. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she is out shopping
(b) she is ill and not receiving visitors
(c) she has a gentleman caller
(d) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
4. What gossip does Winterbourne agree that Daisy is doing by her behavior?
(a) thumbing her nose at Americans
(b) being discreet
(c) going too far
(d) protecting her innocence
5. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
(a) like a tiresome way to travel
(b) like an escapade or adventure
(c) like a boy with a new toy
(d) like a fish in a bowl
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Winterbourne defend Daisy?
2. Who does Winterbourne suggest will misinterpret Daisy's activities?
3. What is it that Winterbourne no longer believes in about Daisy?
4. What does Daisy say about his grin?
5. What does Winterbourne say his function is for the trip to Chillon Castle?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)