|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Costello say Daisy's activities are causing ?
(a) Italians to laugh at the Americans
(b) a bad impression to the Italians
(c) danger to her health
(d) much gossip among the Americans
2. What did a lady tell Mrs. Miller about local castles?
(a) they are better than those in Italy
(b) not to waste time seeing them
(c) they cost too much to visit
(d) to be sure and see them all
3. Seen by Daisy as he is about to leave the Colosseum, what does she accuse Winterbourne of?
(a) going away without speaking to her
(b) being too afraid to fight for her
(c) spying on her
(d) being a snob like the other Americans
4. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
(a) hawk-like and narrow of forehead
(b) overweight with a prominent nose
(c) large and elegant
(d) small and spare with a wandering eye
5. How do people like Mrs. Costello often make judgments of others?
(a) based on the Bible
(b) based on observation
(c) based on the facts
(d) based on gossip
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
2. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
3. What does flirtation mean to the American expatriates in Rome?
4. What is Daisy doing, according to Mrs. Costello, that disturbs Winterbourne?
5. What does Winterbourne tell Daisy about?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)