|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
(a) a better place than Europe
(b) in California, USA
(c) doing buisness in Rome
(d) upstairs in their hotel room
2. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) travel with a courier
(b) speak before spoken to
(c) wear the latest fashions
(d) consort with strange men without an escort
3. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
(a) age against youth
(b) money and society
(c) war and peace
(d) tension between the Americans and the Europeans
4. What is Daisy doing, according to Mrs. Costello, that disturbs Winterbourne?
(a) entertaining men
(b) staying out late at night
(c) avoiding the Americans
(d) behaving snobbishly
5. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
(a) being too friendly with all natives
(b) meeting an Italian man in public
(c) walking around with two men
(d) dressing prevocatively
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
2. What gossip does Winterbourne agree that Daisy is doing by her behavior?
3. What is the contrast between the Millers and Rome?
4. What news does Mrs. Costello have for her nephew?
5. What rude comment does Randolph make to Mrs. Walker?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)