|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
(a) half an hour
(b) an hour and a half
(c) twenty minutes
(d) an hour
2. Who is the first person Winterbourne goes to visit in Rome?
(a) Giorgio Pinza, his Italian tailor
(b) Mr. Loren, his Italian banker
(c) Mrs. Walker, an American he knew in Geneva
(d) Mrs. Miller, Daisy's mother
3. What is Daisy doing, according to Mrs. Costello, that disturbs Winterbourne?
(a) behaving snobbishly
(b) staying out late at night
(c) entertaining men
(d) avoiding the Americans
4. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she has a gentleman caller
(b) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
(c) she is ill and not receiving visitors
(d) she is out shopping
5. What renews Winterbourne's interest in Daisy Miller?
(a) when he hears she is leaving Rome
(b) when he learns that she has fallen ill
(c) when he hears she has broken up with Giovanelli
(d) when he hears she has married Giovanelli
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
2. How does Daisy react to his departure news?
3. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
4. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
5. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)