|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Winterbourne next see Giovanelli?
(a) sitting alone in the park
(b) walking with another American girl
(c) on the train to Switzerland
(d) at Daisy's funeral
2. What does Daisy berate Winterbourne for?
(a) believing everything he hears
(b) not minding his own business
(c) not calling at her hotel
(d) not standing up for her
3. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
(a) war and peace
(b) tension between the Americans and the Europeans
(c) age against youth
(d) money and society
4. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they entertain her younger brother
(b) that they take a train trip to Geneva
(c) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(d) that they have dinner together that evening
5. What is the irony of the Americans disapproving of the outsiders?
(a) they disapprove of everyone
(b) they are long time Italian residents
(c) they are outsiders in Italy themselves
(d) they are ignorant of cultural differences
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne learn at Daisy's funeral?
2. What does Winterbourne notice about Giovanelli?
3. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
4. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
5. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)