|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy tease Winterbourne about her reported engagement?
(a) first she says she is and then says she isn't
(b) she asks where to shop for wedding dresses
(c) she shows him her diamond engagement ring
(d) she asks him what he believes
2. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
(a) the mystery of her character
(b) the way she walks
(c) the cut of her clothes
(d) the mystery of her wealth
3. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
(a) the antagonism
(b) the formality
(c) the familiarity
(d) the condescension
4. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
(a) he likes to break hearts
(b) he's bored with her company
(c) he has a girlfriend there
(d) he wants to get away from her
5. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
(a) find Daisy a carriage
(b) hold the door open for Daisy to exit
(c) walk with Daisy to her rendezvous
(d) call on Daisy the next day
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy admit to being?
2. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
3. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
4. What does Winterbourne learn at Daisy's funeral?
5. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)