|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seen by Daisy as he is about to leave the Colosseum, what does she accuse Winterbourne of?
(a) going away without speaking to her
(b) spying on her
(c) being a snob like the other Americans
(d) being too afraid to fight for her
2. What do Daisy, Giovanelli, and Winterbourne do in the Pincian Garden?
(a) sit and watch the people passing
(b) sit and stare at one another
(c) stroll together
(d) find a sidewalk cafe
3. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
(a) because of its isolation
(b) because of its tolerant religion
(c) because of its international flavor
(d) because of its higher level of education
4. What indicates that Winterbourne is actually eager to see Daisy?
(a) he skipped Bologna and Florence on his way to Rome
(b) he looks her up first when he gets to Rome
(c) he doesn't talk about her with Mrs. Costello
(d) he tries to appear eager to please Daisy
5. Who does Mrs. Costello say has a good deal of manner and a wonderful mustache?
(b) Mr. Miller
(c) the men Daisy has been seeing
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mrs. Miller unable to do?
2. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
3. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
4. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
5. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)