|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
(a) hold the door open for Daisy to exit
(b) find Daisy a carriage
(c) walk with Daisy to her rendezvous
(d) call on Daisy the next day
2. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
(a) a mixture of youth and old age
(b) a mixture of elegance and rustic behavior
(c) a mixture of sophistication and barbarianism
(d) a mixture of innocence and crudity
3. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
(a) her good taste in clothes and her descrition about men
(b) her willingness to give generously and her appearance
(c) her education and the fact that she is beautiful
(d) her financial situation and the fact that she dresses in perfection
4. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
(a) American madness
(c) innocence or the appearance of it
(d) the power of money
5. What does Winterbourne agree that Daisy should do?
(a) go with the older woman
(b) tell Mrs. Walker to mind her own business
(c) stop fraternizing with the Italians
(d) terminate her friendship with Giovanelli
Short Answer Questions
1. After the message is delivered to Winterbourne, what happens to Daisy?
2. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
3. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
4. What circumstance about Winterbourne does Mrs. Costello think makes him naive about girls like Daisy?
5. What gossip does Winterbourne agree that Daisy is doing by her behavior?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)