|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
(a) she is looked down on by Europeans herself
(b) she was once just like Daisy before she married
(c) she is American, too, and her grandaughters are like Daisy
(d) she judges Daisy without ever having met her
2. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
(a) he has a girlfriend there
(b) he wants to get away from her
(c) he likes to break hearts
(d) he's bored with her company
3. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
(a) she kisses Winterbourne on the mouth and walks off
(b) she refuses to make up her mind
(c) she opts to return to the hotel with her family
(d) she decides she would rather they all go in and eat
4. Figuratively, what does Winterbourne choose to do with Daisy that night at the Colosseum?
(a) rescue her from danger
(b) teach her about impropriety
(c) throw her to the lions
(d) give her to Caesar
5. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
(a) looking for an Italian husband
(b) trying to teach cultural differences to the Americans
(c) deliberately flaunting the Victorian social mores
(d) bending to the Victorian social mores
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion prevents Winterbourne from going directly to see Daisy in Rome?
2. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
3. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
4. What does Daisy say she has always had?
5. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)