|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne scold Daisy about?
(a) being out so late
(b) being unchaperoned
(c) dressing so casually
(d) exposing herself to the night air
2. What gossip does Winterbourne agree that Daisy is doing by her behavior?
(a) being discreet
(b) protecting her innocence
(c) thumbing her nose at Americans
(d) going too far
3. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
(a) openly showing his disapproval
(b) glad to be relieved of watching her
(c) afraid that Mrs. Miller will fire him
(d) upset that he has to deal with the younger brother
4. Who arrives at the house Winterbourne is visiting?
(a) Mrs. Miller, looking for Daisy
(b) One of Daisy's Italian gentlemen
(c) Daisy and her family
(d) Randolph, looking for sweets
5. What does Winterbourne warn Daisy that she is becoming?
(a) an old woman
(b) too sophistocated
(c) unwelcome among the Americans
(d) a typical expatriate
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
2. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
3. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
4. What are the rumors about what Winterbourne is pursuing in Geneva?
5. What does Daisy say she intends to do?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)