|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What renews Winterbourne's interest in Daisy Miller?
(a) when he learns that she has fallen ill
(b) when he hears she has broken up with Giovanelli
(c) when he hears she is leaving Rome
(d) when he hears she has married Giovanelli
2. What does Daisy say is a disagreeable thing for Winterbourne today?
(a) that she is star struck
(b) that she has no culture
(c) that she and Giovanelli are in love
(d) that she has no fashion sense
3. Who discusses Daisy's exploits but without the disapproving tone of Mrs. Costello?
(a) Mr. Loren
(c) Mrs. Miller
4. What is the contrast between the Millers and Rome?
(a) Rome antiquities contrast to the nouveau riche Americans
(b) Rome is uncultured as opposed to the Miller's sophistication
(c) Rome contrasts with the antiquated Americans
(d) Rome represents the modern and the Millers represent old customs
5. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
(a) they are accepted because of their money
(b) they are too hard to get to know
(c) they are polished and too superior for the locals
(d) they are brash, uneducated, and uncultivated
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's reason for being attracted to Daisy?
2. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
3. How does Daisy tease Winterbourne about her reported engagement?
4. What do Daisy, Giovanelli, and Winterbourne do in the Pincian Garden?
5. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)