|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) where Mr. Miller is
(b) where Daisy was born
(c) the truth about Daisy's innocence
(d) who the woman in Geneva is
2. Figuratively, what does Winterbourne choose to do with Daisy that night at the Colosseum?
(a) give her to Caesar
(b) teach her about impropriety
(c) rescue her from danger
(d) throw her to the lions
3. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
(a) American madness
(c) the power of money
(d) innocence or the appearance of it
4. What does Winterbourne say his function is for the trip to Chillon Castle?
(d) baggage handler
5. What rude comment does Randolph make to Mrs. Walker?
(a) that her dress looks frumpy
(b) that she has no sweets for him to eat
(c) that their hotel rooms are bigger than hers
(d) that his father has more money than she does
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Walker react to Daisy's announcement?
2. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
3. What does Daisy say she has always had?
4. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
5. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)