|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) travel with a courier
(b) wear the latest fashions
(c) speak before spoken to
(d) consort with strange men without an escort
2. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
(a) a mixture of elegance and rustic behavior
(b) a mixture of sophistication and barbarianism
(c) a mixture of youth and old age
(d) a mixture of innocence and crudity
3. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(a) eleven o'clock
(c) half past ten
(d) nearly ten at night
4. What was Mrs. Miller unable to do?
(a) get Eugenio to order tea
(b) put Randolph to bed
(c) walk up the stairs
(d) straighten her shawl
5. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
(a) angry, insulted, or back handed
(b) impatience, grief, or confusion
(c) relieved, happy, or over joyed
(d) disappointed, or disgusted, or something
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
2. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
3. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
4. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
5. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)