|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say her mother doesn't like?
(a) traveling in Europe
(b) eathing Swiss food
(c) wearing a shawl
(d) any of her gentleman friends
2. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) travel with a courier
(b) consort with strange men without an escort
(c) wear the latest fashions
(d) speak before spoken to
3. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
(a) introduced herself
(b) sent them an invitation to tea
(c) kept out of their way
(d) had a migraine headache
4. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) youth versus age
(b) men versus women
(c) style versus garrishness
(d) American versus European culture
5. What does Winterbourne conclude when he thinks he can spend time alone with Daisy?
(a) that Daisy is teasing him and it will never happen
(b) that Daisy's mother will relent and go with them
(c) that Daisy is not as innocent as she looks
(d) that Daisy is too innocent to know what she's doing
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
2. What was Mrs. Miller unable to do?
3. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
4. How does Daisy react to his departure news?
5. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)