|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
(a) looking for gentlemen
(b) poking around
(c) hiding from Randolph
(d) making a scene
2. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
(a) as if he has made a mistake
(b) as if something romantic is going on
(c) as if he cannot move his feet
(d) as if something dreadful is about to happen
3. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
(a) suggesting that Daisy should not go
(b) suggesting that Daisy go alone
(c) suggesting that Randolph go with them
(d) suggesting that she accompany them
4. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
(a) no, she's taking Randolph
(b) no, with this gentleman
(c) yes, she knows how to row
(d) of course, she's a big girl now
5. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
(b) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
(c) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(d) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
2. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
3. What does Winterbourne conclude when he thinks he can spend time alone with Daisy?
4. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
5. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)