|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
(a) the decay of Europe
(b) Europe's immobile economy
(c) the inferiority of Europeans
(d) Europe's cultural heritage
2. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
(a) that the girl is common and thus not fit company
(b) that the girl is too young to meet her
(c) that the girl should invite her mother along
(d) that the girl is old enough to take care of herself
3. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
(a) like a fish in a bowl
(b) like a tiresome way to travel
(c) like a boy with a new toy
(d) like an escapade or adventure
4. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
(a) in a row boat
(b) in a motor car
(c) in a carriage
(d) by bicycle
5. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
(b) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
(c) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(d) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
Short Answer Questions
1. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
2. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
3. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
4. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
5. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)