|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
(a) as if something romantic is going on
(b) as if he cannot move his feet
(c) as if he has made a mistake
(d) as if something dreadful is about to happen
2. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
(a) angry, insulted, or back handed
(b) impatience, grief, or confusion
(c) relieved, happy, or over joyed
(d) disappointed, or disgusted, or something
3. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
(a) that she go fetch another shawl
(b) that she make up her own mind
(c) that she not go out on a boat
(d) that she wear a life jacket
4. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
(a) being silent
(b) being superior
(c) being jealous
(d) being grave
5. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
(a) had a migraine headache
(b) kept out of their way
(c) introduced herself
(d) sent them an invitation to tea
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
2. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
3. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
4. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
5. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)