|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy react to his departure news?
(a) she laughs at him
(b) she thinks he's horrid
(c) she doesn't respond
(d) she's happy to see him go
2. What does Daisy say about his grin?
(a) he's turned it upside down
(b) his ears are very near together
(c) he's not laughing with his eyes
(d) he looks like he ate the canary
3. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
(a) like an escapade or adventure
(b) like a tiresome way to travel
(c) like a fish in a bowl
(d) like a boy with a new toy
4. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) waiting for her to speak first
(b) embarrassed to be with her
(c) interested in the direction of the castle
(d) grinning from ear to ear
5. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
(a) she was once just like Daisy before she married
(b) she is looked down on by Europeans herself
(c) she judges Daisy without ever having met her
(d) she is American, too, and her grandaughters are like Daisy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy do inside the castle?
2. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
3. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
4. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
5. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)