|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
(b) nearly ten at night
(c) eleven o'clock
(d) half past ten
2. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
(a) the inferiority of Europeans
(b) Europe's cultural heritage
(c) Europe's immobile economy
(d) the decay of Europe
3. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
(a) Mrs. Costello
(b) the concierge
4. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
(a) pushing Daisy into the lake
(b) going off with Daisy
(c) kicking Eugenio
(d) pulling Mrs. Miller's hair
5. How does Daisy react to his departure news?
(a) she's happy to see him go
(b) she laughs at him
(c) she thinks he's horrid
(d) she doesn't respond
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
2. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
3. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
4. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
5. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)