|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
(a) in the hotel dining room
(b) out in front of the hotel
(c) the large hall of the hotel
(d) the garden in back of the hotel
2. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
(a) like a boy with a new toy
(b) like a tiresome way to travel
(c) like a fish in a bowl
(d) like an escapade or adventure
3. What does Daisy say about her brother?
(a) he is not very bright
(b) he is well behaved
(c) he is tiresome
(d) he is ugly
4. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(b) that they entertain her younger brother
(c) that they have dinner together that evening
(d) that they take a train trip to Geneva
5. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
(a) his pursuit of her although thinking her coarse
(b) his own relationship in Geneva
(c) his eye for all the pretty ladies
(d) his attitude toward servants
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daisy's brother's addiction?
2. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
3. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
4. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
5. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)