|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
(a) of course, she's a big girl now
(b) no, with this gentleman
(c) no, she's taking Randolph
(d) yes, she knows how to row
2. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
(a) looking very hard
(b) talking about the weather
(c) trying to get out the door
(d) minding their own business
3. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
4. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
(a) she is American, too, and her grandaughters are like Daisy
(b) she is looked down on by Europeans herself
(c) she was once just like Daisy before she married
(d) she judges Daisy without ever having met her
5. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) all the bad experiences she has had
(b) the problem she has meeting men
(c) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(d) the different kinds of weather she has seen
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme of the novel runs through much of Henry James' novels?
2. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
3. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
4. What bargain does Daisy strike to stop teasing Winterbourne?
5. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)