|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) grinning from ear to ear
(b) interested in the direction of the castle
(c) embarrassed to be with her
(d) waiting for her to speak first
2. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
(a) never take his advice
(b) pay him too much
(c) let him stay in their hotel room
(d) treat him as family
3. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
(a) that she wear a life jacket
(b) that she not go out on a boat
(c) that she go fetch another shawl
(d) that she make up her own mind
4. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
(a) take her out in a boat
(b) drive her to Geneva
(c) take her out dancing
(d) stop talking to her mother
5. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
(a) Daisy's failure to fit into society
(b) Daisy's younger brother.
(c) Daisy's treatment of Eugenio.
(d) Daisy's wardrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
2. What is a central clash in the novel?
3. What does Daisy say about her brother?
4. What does Winterbourne conclude he would deucedly enjoy?
5. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)