|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
(a) being superior
(b) being grave
(c) being silent
(d) being jealous
2. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
(a) writing a book
(b) visiting his aunt
(c) taking the hot baths
(d) going to school
3. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
(a) by bicycle
(b) in a motor car
(c) in a row boat
(d) in a carriage
4. How does Daisy want to go?
(a) by steamer
(b) by bicycle
(c) in a motor car
(d) on foot
5. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
(a) Daisy's mother is in the back garden
(b) Daisy made the arrangement
(c) Randolph hates the main hall
(d) he cannot go up to her room
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Winterbourne's first meeting Daisy and their trip to the castle?
2. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
3. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
4. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
5. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)