|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
(a) hawk-like and narrow of forehead
(b) overweight with a prominent nose
(c) large and elegant
(d) small and spare with a wandering eye
2. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
(a) twenty minutes
(b) an hour and a half
(c) half an hour
(d) an hour
3. What does Daisy say about her brother?
(a) he is well behaved
(b) he is ugly
(c) he is tiresome
(d) he is not very bright
4. What does Daisy say her mother doesn't like?
(a) traveling in Europe
(b) wearing a shawl
(c) any of her gentleman friends
(d) eathing Swiss food
5. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
(a) she kisses Winterbourne on the mouth and walks off
(b) she decides she would rather they all go in and eat
(c) she refuses to make up her mind
(d) she opts to return to the hotel with her family
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
2. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
3. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
4. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
5. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)