|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
(a) Swiss girls
(b) her granddaughters
(c) her friends' daughters
(d) French debutantes
2. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) wear the latest fashions
(b) speak before spoken to
(c) consort with strange men without an escort
(d) travel with a courier
3. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
(a) they are brash, uneducated, and uncultivated
(b) they are polished and too superior for the locals
(c) they are accepted because of their money
(d) they are too hard to get to know
4. When does Winterbourne say he must return to Geneva?
(b) next week
(c) in two days
(d) after they return from the castle
5. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
(a) he feels over dressed
(b) everyone can see them meet
(c) his aunt might come down
(d) maybe she won't come
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what pretense does Daisy not want him to come to Rome?
2. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
3. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
4. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
5. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)