|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
(a) she appears to be pregnant
(b) she tells on herself
(c) what she does in plain view is easy to tell what she does in private
(d) the gossip is enough to brand her as immoral
2. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
(a) openly showing his disapproval
(b) upset that he has to deal with the younger brother
(c) glad to be relieved of watching her
(d) afraid that Mrs. Miller will fire him
3. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
(a) that no men try to speak to her
(b) that she makes such a spectacle of herself
(c) that people look at how pretty she is
(d) that she doesn't look at any men
4. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
(a) let him stay in their hotel room
(b) never take his advice
(c) pay him too much
(d) treat him as family
5. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
(a) drive her to Geneva
(b) take her out in a boat
(c) stop talking to her mother
(d) take her out dancing
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
2. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
3. What does Daisy suspect about Winterbourne's return to Geneva?
4. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
5. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)