|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does not seem to concern Winterbourne?
(a) Daisy's failure to fit into society
(b) Daisy's younger brother.
(c) Daisy's treatment of Eugenio.
(d) Daisy's wardrobe.
2. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
(a) visiting his aunt
(b) taking the hot baths
(c) writing a book
(d) going to school
3. What does Miss Featherstone ask Daisy about Americans?
(a) if they all live in hotels
(b) if they have schools
(c) if they eat hotdogs for breakfast
(d) if they are all rich
4. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
(a) hawk-like and narrow of forehead
(b) overweight with a prominent nose
(c) large and elegant
(d) small and spare with a wandering eye
5. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
(a) as if he has made a mistake
(b) as if he cannot move his feet
(c) as if something romantic is going on
(d) as if something dreadful is about to happen
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
2. What habit of Randolph's is a great worry to his mother and Daisy?
3. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
4. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
5. Why does Vevey appear to be more relaxed in social values than in other parts of Europe?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)