|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
(a) trying to get out the door
(b) minding their own business
(c) looking very hard
(d) talking about the weather
2. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
(a) his attitude toward servants
(b) his own relationship in Geneva
(c) his pursuit of her although thinking her coarse
(d) his eye for all the pretty ladies
3. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
(a) his job often takes him to Rome and Paris
(b) his aunt has an apartment where and he is planning to go
(c) he can transfer his job to Rome whenever he wishes
(d) he will have holiday time while she is in Rome
4. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
(a) his aunt's frequent gentleman caller
(b) friends of his from his school days
(c) the Miller family of Schenectady, New York
(d) a tour group from America
5. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
(a) a mixture of youth and old age
(b) a mixture of sophistication and barbarianism
(c) a mixture of innocence and crudity
(d) a mixture of elegance and rustic behavior
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Daisy accepts the invitation to go for a row?
2. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
3. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
4. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
5. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)