|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
(a) they are too hard to get to know
(b) they are accepted because of their money
(c) they are brash, uneducated, and uncultivated
(d) they are polished and too superior for the locals
2. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
(a) his own relationship in Geneva
(b) his eye for all the pretty ladies
(c) his attitude toward servants
(d) his pursuit of her although thinking her coarse
3. Why does Winterbourne offer his arm to Daisy?
(a) to escort her to the boat landing
(b) to escort her to his aunt's room
(c) to escort her to the concierge
(d) to escort her to her room
4. How does Winterbourne feel about the sail to the castle?
(a) like a tiresome way to travel
(b) like a boy with a new toy
(c) like an escapade or adventure
(d) like a fish in a bowl
5. What does Daisy say about his grin?
(a) he's not laughing with his eyes
(b) he looks like he ate the canary
(c) his ears are very near together
(d) he's turned it upside down
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne offer to do to show his good intentions?
2. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
3. What habit of Randolph's is a great worry to his mother and Daisy?
4. What are Americans seen as failing to do?
5. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)