|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
(c) the concierge
(d) Mrs. Costello
2. What bothers Winterbourne about Daisy's attitude toward the courier?
(a) the antagonism
(b) the familiarity
(c) the formality
(d) the condescension
3. How does Mrs. Costello see Daisy?
(a) as stupid and unstylish
(b) as arrogant
(c) as a gold digger
(d) as coarse and a flirt
4. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
(a) no, with this gentleman
(b) of course, she's a big girl now
(c) no, she's taking Randolph
(d) yes, she knows how to row
5. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
(a) large and elegant
(b) hawk-like and narrow of forehead
(c) overweight with a prominent nose
(d) small and spare with a wandering eye
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
2. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
3. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
4. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
5. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)