|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
(a) in a carriage
(b) in a motor car
(c) in a row boat
(d) by bicycle
2. What is Daisy's response when Eugenio asks if she intends to go alone?
(a) of course, she's a big girl now
(b) no, with this gentleman
(c) yes, she knows how to row
(d) no, she's taking Randolph
3. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
(a) large and elegant
(b) small and spare with a wandering eye
(c) hawk-like and narrow of forehead
(d) overweight with a prominent nose
4. How is Daisy dressed as she comes down the stairs?
(a) in an elegant traveling costume
(b) in a pair of pants and a blouse
(c) in jeans and a T-shirt
(d) in a revealing sun dress
5. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
(a) suggesting that she accompany them
(b) suggesting that Daisy go alone
(c) suggesting that Randolph go with them
(d) suggesting that Daisy should not go
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
2. What does Daisy say she has always had?
3. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
4. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
5. What is Daisy's younger brother's name?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)