|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. More so in Rome, what is the central theme of the novel?
(a) appearance versus reality
(c) outrageous behavior
(d) the mystery of Daisy
2. What habit of Randolph's is a great worry to his mother and Daisy?
(a) he goes around breaking things
(b) he talks too much
(c) he will only listen to the courier
(d) he doesn't sleep
3. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
(a) that she doesn't look at any men
(b) that people look at how pretty she is
(c) that no men try to speak to her
(d) that she makes such a spectacle of herself
4. What gossip does Winterbourne agree that Daisy is doing by her behavior?
(a) thumbing her nose at Americans
(b) protecting her innocence
(c) going too far
(d) being discreet
5. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
(a) Winterbourne is having an affair with two women
(b) Winterbourne refuses to admit his mistake
(c) Mrs. Costello refuses to see him again
(d) Winterbourne is pursuing an American lady in Geneva
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Costello say Daisy's activities are causing ?
2. What does the American community use to punish non-conformists?
3. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
4. What indicates that Winterbourne is actually eager to see Daisy?
5. What is the mystery of the novel?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)