|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
(a) trying to get out the door
(b) talking about the weather
(c) looking very hard
(d) minding their own business
2. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
(a) with a lot of curiosity
(b) with a kind of sweetness
(c) with a shocking bluntness
(d) with a very loud voice
3. What is the contrast between the Millers and Rome?
(a) Rome represents the modern and the Millers represent old customs
(b) Rome contrasts with the antiquated Americans
(c) Rome antiquities contrast to the nouveau riche Americans
(d) Rome is uncultured as opposed to the Miller's sophistication
4. How do people like Mrs. Costello often make judgments of others?
(a) based on the facts
(b) based on the Bible
(c) based on gossip
(d) based on observation
5. What does Winterbourne conclude when he thinks he can spend time alone with Daisy?
(a) that Daisy is too innocent to know what she's doing
(b) that Daisy is not as innocent as she looks
(c) that Daisy is teasing him and it will never happen
(d) that Daisy's mother will relent and go with them
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of company does Mrs. Costello say Daisy has been keeping?
2. Why do Winterbourne's and Daisy's paths gradually stop crossing?
3. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
4. How does Mrs. Walker react to Daisy's announcement?
5. What does Winterbourne agree that Daisy should do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)