|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Mrs. Costello have for her nephew?
(a) that the Millers are in Rome
(b) that Mr. Miller has joined his family
(c) that the Millers are leaving tomorrow
(d) that the Millers have left Rome
2. How does Winterbourne defend Daisy?
(a) saying she is not cultured but not bad
(b) saying she is just trying to learn the language
(c) saying she is only naive
(d) saying she is the innocent victim of her beauty
3. Seen by Daisy as he is about to leave the Colosseum, what does she accuse Winterbourne of?
(a) being too afraid to fight for her
(b) going away without speaking to her
(c) spying on her
(d) being a snob like the other Americans
4. At what time does Winterbourne run into Daisy and Giovanelli again at the Colosseum a week later?
(a) near midnight
(b) at two in the morning
(c) at five in the afternoon
(d) about seven-thirty
5. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
(a) abandonment and destruction
(b) atrocious violence in the past
(c) antiquity and promise
(d) grandeur and happiness
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
2. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
3. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
4. What does Mrs. Walker want Daisy to do?
5. More so in Rome, what is the central theme of the novel?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)