|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) where Daisy was born
(b) where Mr. Miller is
(c) who the woman in Geneva is
(d) the truth about Daisy's innocence
2. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
(a) she appears to be pregnant
(b) the gossip is enough to brand her as immoral
(c) she tells on herself
(d) what she does in plain view is easy to tell what she does in private
3. What does Mrs. Costello say Daisy's activities are causing ?
(a) Italians to laugh at the Americans
(b) danger to her health
(c) a bad impression to the Italians
(d) much gossip among the Americans
4. Where does Winterbourne run into Daisy after not seeing her for some time?
(a) at the Colosseum
(b) the Palace of the Caesars
(c) a sidewalk cafe
(d) in the hotel restaurant
5. What does Daisy say she has always had?
(a) a great deal of gentlemen's society
(b) a distaste for all things European
(c) an ability to meet strangers
(d) a closet full of Paris dresses
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Costello say would never behave the way Daisy does?
2. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
3. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
4. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
5. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)