|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) wear the latest fashions
(b) speak before spoken to
(c) consort with strange men without an escort
(d) travel with a courier
2. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she is ill and not receiving visitors
(b) she has a gentleman caller
(c) she is out shopping
(d) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
3. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
(a) abandonment and destruction
(b) antiquity and promise
(c) grandeur and happiness
(d) atrocious violence in the past
4. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
(a) that he nearly fell from the steamer
(b) that the courier stayed out of sight
(c) that Mrs. Miller went with them on the steamer
(d) that he was alone with Daisy
5. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they entertain her younger brother
(b) that they have dinner together that evening
(c) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(d) that they take a train trip to Geneva
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy see her flirtations as being?
2. How does Mrs. Costello epitomize the double standard of the day when her nephew tells her about his outing with Daisy?
3. Why does Daisy say she must leave early?
4. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
5. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)