|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winterbourne arrive in Rome that winter?
(a) to see the colosseum
(b) to visit his aunt
(c) to travel on to Spain
(d) to help find a school for Randolf
2. How does Daisy seem to Winterbourne during the trip?
(a) a mixture of sophistication and barbarianism
(b) a mixture of youth and old age
(c) a mixture of innocence and crudity
(d) a mixture of elegance and rustic behavior
3. What was Mrs. Miller unable to do?
(a) get Eugenio to order tea
(b) put Randolph to bed
(c) walk up the stairs
(d) straighten her shawl
4. What news does Mrs. Costello have for her nephew?
(a) that Mr. Miller has joined his family
(b) that the Millers have left Rome
(c) that the Millers are in Rome
(d) that the Millers are leaving tomorrow
5. Seen by Daisy as he is about to leave the Colosseum, what does she accuse Winterbourne of?
(a) going away without speaking to her
(b) spying on her
(c) being a snob like the other Americans
(d) being too afraid to fight for her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
2. What is the ironic double standard at the end of the novel?
3. At what point does Winterbourne begin to doubt Daisy's innocence?
4. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
5. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)