|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Daisy, Giovanelli, and Winterbourne do in the Pincian Garden?
(a) sit and stare at one another
(b) sit and watch the people passing
(c) stroll together
(d) find a sidewalk cafe
2. After the message is delivered to Winterbourne, what happens to Daisy?
(a) she marries Giovanelli
(b) she returns to America
(c) she recuperates
(d) she dies
3. What does Winterbourne say he had done to Daisy?
(a) slapped her face
(b) told her off
(c) contributed to the rumors about her
(d) an injustice
4. What is symbolized by the ruins of the Chillon Castle?
(a) the inferiority of Europeans
(b) Europe's immobile economy
(c) Europe's cultural heritage
(d) the decay of Europe
5. Who arrives in a carriage?
(a) Mrs. Miller
(b) Mrs. Giovanelli
(c) Mrs. Walker
(d) Mrs. Costello
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy tease Winterbourne about her reported engagement?
2. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
3. What is it that Winterbourne no longer believes in about Daisy?
4. What is the opinion of the locals and certain hotel guests about the Millers?
5. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)