|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of the Americans disapproving of the outsiders?
(a) they are outsiders in Italy themselves
(b) they are ignorant of cultural differences
(c) they disapprove of everyone
(d) they are long time Italian residents
2. What is a central clash in the novel?
(a) style versus garrishness
(b) youth versus age
(c) men versus women
(d) American versus European culture
3. At what time does Winterbourne run into Daisy and Giovanelli again at the Colosseum a week later?
(a) near midnight
(b) about seven-thirty
(c) at two in the morning
(d) at five in the afternoon
4. At the party, what does Daisy seem to prefer?
(a) spending more time with Winterbourne than Giovanelli
(b) asking the women where to buy new fashions
(c) showing off her new engagement ring
(d) talking with the other Americans
5. What is the mystery of the novel?
(a) where Daisy was born
(b) who the woman in Geneva is
(c) where Mr. Miller is
(d) the truth about Daisy's innocence
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winterbourne suggest will misinterpret Daisy's activities?
2. What do Daisy, Giovanelli, and Winterbourne do in the Pincian Garden?
3. What is Daisy's brother's addiction?
4. How does Daisy correspond with Winterbourne?
5. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)