|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Winterbourne a bit uncomfortable waiting for Daisy?
(a) everyone can see them meet
(b) he feels over dressed
(c) maybe she won't come
(d) his aunt might come down
2. What does Mrs. Costello say Daisy's activities are causing ?
(a) danger to her health
(b) much gossip among the Americans
(c) Italians to laugh at the Americans
(d) a bad impression to the Italians
3. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
(a) she has completely lost her senses
(b) she is not as dangerous as his aunt thinks
(c) she is not the nice girl he thought she was
(d) she really is engaged to Giovanelli
4. What is the contrast between the Millers and Rome?
(a) Rome is uncultured as opposed to the Miller's sophistication
(b) Rome contrasts with the antiquated Americans
(c) Rome antiquities contrast to the nouveau riche Americans
(d) Rome represents the modern and the Millers represent old customs
5. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
(a) the garden in back of the hotel
(b) the large hall of the hotel
(c) out in front of the hotel
(d) in the hotel dining room
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne say his function is for the trip to Chillon Castle?
2. What does Winterbourne do instead of trying to let Daisy know his true feelings?
3. How does Daisy appear when Mrs. Walker refuses to speak to her?
4. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
5. What resolve does Winterbourne make about Daisy's meeting with Giovanelli?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)