|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
(b) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
(c) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(d) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
2. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
(a) making a scene
(b) poking around
(c) hiding from Randolph
(d) looking for gentlemen
3. More so in Rome, what is the central theme of the novel?
(b) appearance versus reality
(c) outrageous behavior
(d) the mystery of Daisy
4. Why is Daisy miffed at Winterbourne?
(a) he didn't let her know he was coming
(b) he didn't come see her first
(c) he hasn't written to her
(d) he isn't wearning stylish clothes
5. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
(a) that Mrs. Miller went with them on the steamer
(b) that he was alone with Daisy
(c) that the courier stayed out of sight
(d) that he nearly fell from the steamer
Short Answer Questions
1. When have Italian men been calling for Daisy at her hotel?
2. Why do Mrs. Costello and the Europeans not need physical proof of Daisy's indiscretions?
3. What does Daisy berate Winterbourne for?
4. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
5. At the party, what does Daisy seem to prefer?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)