|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne scold Daisy about?
(a) being unchaperoned
(b) being out so late
(c) exposing herself to the night air
(d) dressing so casually
2. At what time does Winterbourne run into Daisy and Giovanelli again at the Colosseum a week later?
(a) at two in the morning
(b) about seven-thirty
(c) near midnight
(d) at five in the afternoon
3. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
(a) the large hall of the hotel
(b) the garden in back of the hotel
(c) in the hotel dining room
(d) out in front of the hotel
4. What renews Winterbourne's interest in Daisy Miller?
(a) when he hears she has broken up with Giovanelli
(b) when he hears she is leaving Rome
(c) when he learns that she has fallen ill
(d) when he hears she has married Giovanelli
5. Who does Mrs. Costello say has a good deal of manner and a wonderful mustache?
(a) Mr. Miller
(d) the men Daisy has been seeing
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
2. Why does Daisy think they send all the pretty dresses from France to America?
3. What does the American community use to punish non-conformists?
4. What does Daisy accuse Winterbourne of?
5. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)