|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to disappoint Daisy?
(a) that Winterbourne throws a tantrum
(b) that Winterbourne doesn't make a fuss
(c) that Winterbourne walks away
(d) that Winterbourne keeps his mouth shut
2. Why do Winterbourne's and Daisy's paths gradually stop crossing?
(a) their mutual friends stop inviting her places
(b) she avoids Winterbourne
(c) Mrs. Costello insists on it
(d) Daisy travels to Paris
3. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) waiting for her to speak first
(b) grinning from ear to ear
(c) embarrassed to be with her
(d) interested in the direction of the castle
4. What does Daisy say about her brother?
(a) he is not very bright
(b) he is well behaved
(c) he is tiresome
(d) he is ugly
5. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
(a) dressing prevocatively
(b) walking around with two men
(c) being too friendly with all natives
(d) meeting an Italian man in public
Short Answer Questions
1. Winterbourne makes a conclusion that Daisy is not an innocent child but a woman with what attribute?
2. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
3. What does Winterbourne warn Daisy that she is becoming?
4. After the message is delivered to Winterbourne, what happens to Daisy?
5. Where does Winterbourne run into Daisy after not seeing her for some time?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)