|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Daisy is most intriguing to Winterbourne?
(a) the way she walks
(b) the mystery of her wealth
(c) the cut of her clothes
(d) the mystery of her character
2. At what time does Winterbourne run into Daisy and Giovanelli again at the Colosseum a week later?
(a) at two in the morning
(b) near midnight
(c) about seven-thirty
(d) at five in the afternoon
3. Winterbourne makes a conclusion that Daisy is not an innocent child but a woman with what attribute?
(a) care about what others think of her
(b) willingness to conform to social propriety
(c) disregard for social propriety
4. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) interested in the direction of the castle
(b) grinning from ear to ear
(c) embarrassed to be with her
(d) waiting for her to speak first
5. How does Eugenio react on hearing that Daisy is going to Chillon Castle with Winterbourne?
(a) openly showing his disapproval
(b) upset that he has to deal with the younger brother
(c) glad to be relieved of watching her
(d) afraid that Mrs. Miller will fire him
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
2. What in Daisy's action indicates that she does not anticipate doing?
3. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
4. What does Mrs. Walker tell Mr. Winterbourne?
5. What comment of Winterbourne's does Daisy find disagreeable?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)