|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy's letter to Winterbourne reveal her real feelings about him?
(a) a promise to see him when she recovers
(b) an apology for her behavior
(c) an out right declaration of love
(d) remembering the trip to Chillon Castle
2. Why does Daisy say she must leave early?
(a) to get away from winterbourne
(b) to get something for her headache
(c) to walk at the Pincian Garden
(d) to pick up a new dress she bought
3. What does Daisy say she intends to do?
(a) to stroll and socialize with Mr. Giovanelli
(b) to sit in the garden and read
(c) to find a local bar
(d) to look for new men
4. What does Winterbourne ask Daisy to do?
(a) stop seeing Giovanelli
(b) dance with him
(c) give him her hotel telephone number
(d) go on the terrace with him
5. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
(a) that the girl is too young to meet her
(b) that the girl is old enough to take care of herself
(c) that the girl is common and thus not fit company
(d) that the girl should invite her mother along
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
2. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
3. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
4. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
5. What resolve does Winterbourne make about Daisy's meeting with Giovanelli?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)