|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit of Randolph's is a great worry to his mother and Daisy?
(a) he doesn't sleep
(b) he talks too much
(c) he goes around breaking things
(d) he will only listen to the courier
2. How does Winterbourne defend Daisy?
(a) saying she is not cultured but not bad
(b) saying she is only naive
(c) saying she is the innocent victim of her beauty
(d) saying she is just trying to learn the language
3. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
(a) that he is interested in her money
(b) that he is not interested
(c) that he wants to marry her
(d) that he hates the Italians
4. What does Mrs. Miller suppose Daisy's situation is?
(a) carefree and able to take care of herself
(b) engaged and thus not in any danger
(c) perfectly natural for any young girl
(d) the innocent victim of gossip
5. What does Daisy represent in the novel?
(a) innocence or the appearance of it
(c) American madness
(d) the power of money
Short Answer Questions
1. At the funeral, what does Giovanelli proclaim about Daisy?
2. When does Winterbourne decide emphatically that Daisy is not a nice girl?
3. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
4. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
5. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)