|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
(a) she was once just like Daisy before she married
(b) she is looked down on by Europeans herself
(c) she is American, too, and her grandaughters are like Daisy
(d) she judges Daisy without ever having met her
2. What does Mrs. Miller suppose Daisy's situation is?
(a) perfectly natural for any young girl
(b) the innocent victim of gossip
(c) engaged and thus not in any danger
(d) carefree and able to take care of herself
3. How does Winterbourne want to travel to the castle?
(a) in a carriage
(b) by bicycle
(c) in a motor car
(d) in a row boat
4. What is Daisy's younger brother's name?
(a) Randolph G. Miller
(b) Rudolph G. Miller
(c) Rudolph C. Miller
(d) Randolph C. Miller
5. What happens when Daisy goes out alone with gentlemen?
(a) people follow her to see what she's doing
(b) everyone thinks it's only an American custom
(c) doubt is cast on her character
(d) no one really notices
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony of the Americans disapproving of the outsiders?
2. What does Daisy say she hopes Winterbourne feels as she goes inside with her mother?
3. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
4. What request does Daisy make of Mrs. Walker?
5. What does Mrs. Costello say Daisy's activities are causing ?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)