|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks from out of the shadows?
(c) Mrs. Costello
(d) the concierge
2. Under other circumstances, what might make Daisy acceptable to European society?
(a) her financial situation and the fact that she dresses in perfection
(b) her willingness to give generously and her appearance
(c) her education and the fact that she is beautiful
(d) her good taste in clothes and her descrition about men
3. What are all the people doing as they pass out of the great hall?
(a) trying to get out the door
(b) talking about the weather
(c) minding their own business
(d) looking very hard
4. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
(a) that he is interested in her money
(b) that he is not interested
(c) that he wants to marry her
(d) that he hates the Italians
5. What does Eugenio suggest to Daisy?
(a) that she go fetch another shawl
(b) that she make up her own mind
(c) that she not go out on a boat
(d) that she wear a life jacket
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy not see in the Italian men she goes out with?
2. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
3. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
4. What does Daisy say she intends to do?
5. What kind of company does Mrs. Costello say Daisy has been keeping?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)