|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daisy's brother say his father is?
(a) a better place than Europe
(b) in California, USA
(c) upstairs in their hotel room
(d) doing buisness in Rome
2. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
(a) small and spare with a wandering eye
(b) hawk-like and narrow of forehead
(c) large and elegant
(d) overweight with a prominent nose
3. What resolve does Winterbourne make about Daisy's meeting with Giovanelli?
(a) to challenge Giovanelli to a duel
(b) to pretend to leave and then follow them
(c) to show Daisy what kind of man Giovanelli is
(d) not to leave them alone together
4. How does Daisy see her flirtations as being?
(a) what is necessary to attract a man
(b) a serious habit she cannot break
(c) the way a woman gets power over a man
(d) evidence that nothing improper is going on
5. What is it that Winterbourne no longer believes in about Daisy?
(a) her indiscretion
(b) her sense of style
(c) her innocence
(d) her intelligence
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy say is a disagreeable thing for Winterbourne today?
2. Given the chance to row off in the night with Winterbourne, what action indicates Daisy might not be as loose as people think?
3. Seen by Daisy as he is about to leave the Colosseum, what does she accuse Winterbourne of?
4. Why does Mrs. Costello say about meeting Daisy Miller?
5. What do Daisy, Giovanelli, and Winterbourne do in the Pincian Garden?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)