|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne's behavior indicate to Daisy?
(a) that he hates the Italians
(b) that he is not interested
(c) that he is interested in her money
(d) that he wants to marry her
2. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
(a) pretending that he is Italian royalty
(b) giving her too much flattery
(c) trying to get money from her
(d) staring at a carriage full of women
3. What secretly pleases Winterbourne?
(a) that people look at how pretty she is
(b) that she doesn't look at any men
(c) that no men try to speak to her
(d) that she makes such a spectacle of herself
4. What indicates that Winterbourne is actually eager to see Daisy?
(a) he skipped Bologna and Florence on his way to Rome
(b) he tries to appear eager to please Daisy
(c) he looks her up first when he gets to Rome
(d) he doesn't talk about her with Mrs. Costello
5. What is Winterbourne's impression of himself?
(a) embarrassed to be with her
(b) grinning from ear to ear
(c) waiting for her to speak first
(d) interested in the direction of the castle
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry James describe Mrs. Miller?
2. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
3. What does Daisy not see in the Italian men she goes out with?
4. What gossip does Winterbourne agree that Daisy is doing by her behavior?
5. What does Daisy accuse her mother of doing?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)