|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Daisy already noticed Mr. Giovanelli doing?
(a) staring at a carriage full of women
(b) trying to get money from her
(c) pretending that he is Italian royalty
(d) giving her too much flattery
2. What does Winterbourne say he had done to Daisy?
(a) an injustice
(b) slapped her face
(c) told her off
(d) contributed to the rumors about her
3. What does Winterbourne accept as the truth?
(a) the things Daisy says
(b) the appearance of things
(c) his observationsa
(d) the facts
4. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(b) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
(c) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
(d) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
5. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
(a) walk with Daisy to her rendezvous
(b) hold the door open for Daisy to exit
(c) call on Daisy the next day
(d) find Daisy a carriage
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing in Daisy that parallels what is missing in the American expatriates?
2. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
3. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
4. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
5. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)