|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she is out shopping
(b) she is ill and not receiving visitors
(c) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
(d) she has a gentleman caller
2. What is Winterbourne's frame of mind as Daisy goes inside?
3. Who does Mrs. Costello say has a good deal of manner and a wonderful mustache?
(a) Mr. Miller
(c) the men Daisy has been seeing
4. What emotion prevents Winterbourne from going directly to see Daisy in Rome?
5. Why will it be easy for Winterbourne to visit Daisy in Rome?
(a) his aunt has an apartment where and he is planning to go
(b) his job often takes him to Rome and Paris
(c) he can transfer his job to Rome whenever he wishes
(d) he will have holiday time while she is in Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Millers do with Eugenio that the Europeans do not understand?
2. Who discusses Daisy's exploits but without the disapproving tone of Mrs. Costello?
3. What does flirtation mean to the American expatriates in Rome?
4. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
5. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)