|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to all the advice?
(a) she throwns a temper tantrum
(b) she breaks down sobbing
(c) she meekly gets into the carriage
(d) she walks away with Giovanelli
2. At the party, what does Daisy seem to prefer?
(a) showing off her new engagement ring
(b) spending more time with Winterbourne than Giovanelli
(c) talking with the other Americans
(d) asking the women where to buy new fashions
3. What is a further danger at night in the Colosseum?
(b) the police
4. What does the American community use to punish non-conformists?
5. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
(a) as a proper girl misunderstood by the Americans
(b) as learning how to test a foreign society
(c) as purely innocent but finding excitement
(d) as merely testing the social restrictions in Vevey
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne volunteer to do?
2. How does Daisy speak to her mother, the servant, and perfect strangers?
3. What surprises Winterbourne during the discussion about Chillon with Daisy's mother?
4. What emotion prevents Winterbourne from going directly to see Daisy in Rome?
5. What appears to be a double standard involving Winterbourne and his judgment of Daisy's morals?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)