|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book Two, what is Daisy doing?
(a) trying to teach cultural differences to the Americans
(b) looking for an Italian husband
(c) deliberately flaunting the Victorian social mores
(d) bending to the Victorian social mores
2. Who arrives in a carriage?
(a) Mrs. Miller
(b) Mrs. Walker
(c) Mrs. Costello
(d) Mrs. Giovanelli
3. How does Daisy correspond with Winterbourne?
(a) by waving at him from her window
(b) by sending a message with Giovanelli
(c) by inviting him to the Miller's hotel room
(d) in a message passed on by her mother
4. What habit does Daisy have that is different from European girls?
(a) she keeps her eyes down and never looks at anyone
(b) she holds her nose in the air and is unfriendly
(c) she looks people directly in the eye without blushing
(d) she laughs loudly and calls attention to herself
5. What is the irony of Mrs. Costello's attitude?
(a) she was once just like Daisy before she married
(b) she is looked down on by Europeans herself
(c) she is American, too, and her grandaughters are like Daisy
(d) she judges Daisy without ever having met her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does flirtation mean to the American expatriates in Rome?
2. What feeling does Winterbourne have as he watches Daisy descend the stairs?
3. What is Daisy's younger brother's name?
4. Where does Winterbourne wait for Daisy to join him for the trip to the castle?
5. What is the symbolism of the Colosseum?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)