|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Mrs. Costello when Winterbourne tells her where he was all afternoon?
(a) that he nearly fell from the steamer
(b) that he was alone with Daisy
(c) that the courier stayed out of sight
(d) that Mrs. Miller went with them on the steamer
2. After the message is delivered to Winterbourne, what happens to Daisy?
(a) she marries Giovanelli
(b) she dies
(c) she recuperates
(d) she returns to America
3. How long does Daisy say Winterbourne has not spoken to her?
(a) an hour
(b) half an hour
(c) an hour and a half
(d) twenty minutes
4. What is Daisy's younger brother's name?
(a) Randolph G. Miller
(b) Randolph C. Miller
(c) Rudolph C. Miller
(d) Rudolph G. Miller
5. At the party, what does Daisy seem to prefer?
(a) asking the women where to buy new fashions
(b) spending more time with Winterbourne than Giovanelli
(c) showing off her new engagement ring
(d) talking with the other Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
2. What does Mrs. Walker tell Mr. Winterbourne?
3. How does Daisy's letter to Winterbourne reveal her real feelings about him?
4. What does flirtation mean to the American expatriates in Rome?
5. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)