|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy realize from Winterbourne's excuses about his aunt?
(a) that he doesn't really have an aunt in the hotel
(b) that she is very ill
(c) that he has not spoken to his aunt
(d) that she doesn't want to meet Daisy
2. Why is Daisy miffed at Winterbourne?
(a) he hasn't written to her
(b) he isn't wearning stylish clothes
(c) he didn't let her know he was coming
(d) he didn't come see her first
3. What does Winterbourne say he was doing while not talking with Daisy?
(a) having a pleasant conversation with her mother
(b) trying to think of something interesting to say
(c) looking for a boat to hire
(d) checking to see when the next steamer leaves for Chillon
4. In Book One, how might Daisy be viewed?
(a) as learning how to test a foreign society
(b) as a proper girl misunderstood by the Americans
(c) as merely testing the social restrictions in Vevey
(d) as purely innocent but finding excitement
5. What does Winterbourne accept as the truth?
(a) his observationsa
(b) the appearance of things
(c) the facts
(d) the things Daisy says
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Miller suppose Daisy's situation is?
2. What is Winterbourne's reason for being attracted to Daisy?
3. When Winterbourne goes looking for Daisy and Giovanelli in the park, what does Daisy do when she spots him?
4. What is Daisy doing that makes Mrs. Walker say she has disgraced herself?
5. Why do they meet where he is waiting?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)