|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne finally decide about Daisy?
(a) she is not the nice girl he thought she was
(b) she is not as dangerous as his aunt thinks
(c) she has completely lost her senses
(d) she really is engaged to Giovanelli
2. What does Daisy berate Winterbourne for?
(a) not minding his own business
(b) not standing up for her
(c) not calling at her hotel
(d) believing everything he hears
3. What do Daisy, Giovanelli, and Winterbourne do in the Pincian Garden?
(a) sit and stare at one another
(b) find a sidewalk cafe
(c) stroll together
(d) sit and watch the people passing
4. In Mrs. Costello's opinion, what may well-bred young ladies not do?
(a) speak before spoken to
(b) travel with a courier
(c) consort with strange men without an escort
(d) wear the latest fashions
5. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
(a) visiting his aunt
(b) going to school
(c) taking the hot baths
(d) writing a book
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mrs. Costello done after seeing the Millers in the hotel?
2. More so in Rome, what is the central theme of the novel?
3. What does Daisy say about her brother?
4. What does Daisy say her mother doesn't like?
5. What does Daisy ask Winterbourne if he would do?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)