1. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
(a) going to school
(b) writing a book
(c) visiting his aunt
(d) taking the hot baths
2. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
(b) she has a gentleman caller
(c) she is ill and not receiving visitors
(d) she is out shopping
3. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
(a) his aunt's frequent gentleman caller
(b) friends of his from his school days
(c) the Miller family of Schenectady, New York
(d) a tour group from America
4. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) all the good shopping since being in Europe
(b) the different kinds of weather she has seen
(c) the problem she has meeting men
(d) all the bad experiences she has had
5. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they take a train trip to Geneva
(b) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
(c) that they entertain her younger brother
(d) that they have dinner together that evening
This section contains 5,432 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)