1. What is a young American named Winterbourne doing in Vevey, Switzerland?
(a) writing a book
(b) visiting his aunt
(c) going to school
(d) taking the hot baths
2. Why does Winterbourne not visit his aunt in the hotel?
(a) she has a gentleman caller
(b) she is ill and not receiving visitors
(c) she has gone unexpectedly to Rome
(d) she is out shopping
3. Who does Winterbourne meet outside the hotel?
(a) friends of his from his school days
(b) the Miller family of Schenectady, New York
(c) a tour group from America
(d) his aunt's frequent gentleman caller
4. What does Daisy Miller tell Winterbourne about her trip?
(a) the problem she has meeting men
(b) the different kinds of weather she has seen
(c) all the bad experiences she has had
(d) all the good shopping since being in Europe
5. What is Winterbourne's suggestion to Daisy?
(a) that they entertain her younger brother
(b) that they take a train trip to Geneva
(c) that they have dinner together that evening
(d) that they visit the Chillon Castle together
This section contains 5,432 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)