|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom had Charlie had a conversation about moving Da when he was ill?
2. What was the only thing Young Charlie could give Da for Christmas one year?
3. Why does Da say he will go to England now?
4. What does Da say about his papers?
5. Where had Da gotten the money he left for Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ongoing conflict between Charlie and Da. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Charlie learn about the reality of his life with Da as opposed to the perceptions he has held for so long?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Charlie. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Charlie?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)