|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memento does Mrs. Prynne give Charlie?
2. What does Da comment about the papers Charlie is taking with him?
3. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
4. What does Drumm give Charlie that had belonged to Da?
5. What was the only thing Young Charlie could give Da for Christmas one year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Da. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Da?
Essay Topic 3
Not being able to escape the past is an important theme in DA. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)