Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
2. Who is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
4. Which of the following does Da not do at the end of the play?
5. Why is Charlie now mad at Da?
Regret seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of regret? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Explain the ongoing conflict between Charlie and Da. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Charlie learn about the reality of his life with Da as opposed to the perceptions he has held for so long?
Explain the role of married women in Ireland in the early 20th century. Why was Mother not given the freedom to marry the boy she loved? What precedents was she forced to follow? Explain why her lack of choice affected her marriage and life.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)