|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Da not do at the end of the play?
2. What does Young Charlie call Mrs. Prynne?
3. Charlie complains that Da gave and gave but would not ______________.
4. How old is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
5. What did Charlie do with most of Da's papers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
DA is a classic story of coming to terms with your past. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Regret seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of regret? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
What is the overall setting setting for the play? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Leonard choose to use these places in the drama?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)