|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
2. How does Da bid Charlie goodbye?
3. What does Da do when Mother says she always preferred Ernie to him?
4. What does Drumm reveal to Charlie?
5. How many pounds did Da receive as a legacy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the play and write a brief synopsis for Charlie's life. Will Da still be such a powerful presence in his life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ongoing conflict between Charlie and Da. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Charlie learn about the reality of his life with Da as opposed to the perceptions he has held for so long?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the play's title? Why wasn't it called CHARLIE? What are some other possible titles for the play? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)