|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
2. For what reason will Da give some of the legacy money to Young Charlie?
3. Charlie had _______________ but never liked him.
4. In a memory, Mother is late for dinner and _____________.
5. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
DA is a classic story of coming to terms with your past. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the play and write a brief synopsis for the lives of four of the characters. Remember to exclude Joe and Lorna but you may choose from any of the others.
Essay Topic 3
Charlie had always thought his Da to be cheap to a fault. What does Charlie learn about Da that changes his perspective of him during the play? What was going on in Da's life as a boy and young man that influenced his life and the choices he made about money? Explain.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)