|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
2. In his final days, Da talked to Charlie as though Charlie were ___________________.
3. Young Charlie says that Da may not have had money but he had ______________.
4. What does Da bring into the living room in the present memory?
5. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the play and write a brief synopsis for Charlie's life. Will Da still be such a powerful presence in his life? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the play's title? Why wasn't it called CHARLIE? What are some other possible titles for the play? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)