|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da do when Mother says she always preferred Ernie to him?
2. With whom had Charlie had a conversation about moving Da when he was ill?
3. How old is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
4. What does Young Charlie call Mrs. Prynne?
5. What does Da offer to Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Leonard end the play on a note of hope for Charlie or the continuance of his struggle to come to terms with his flawed relationship with Da? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Charlie and Da. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Charlie learn about the reality of his life with Da as opposed to the perceptions he has held for so long?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)