|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie do with most of Da's papers?
2. Why had Charlie sent the money to Da originally?
3. Who is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
4. What is Da's job with Mrs. Prynne?
5. What does Drumm reveal to Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2Project into the future ten years after the end of the play and write a brief synopsis for Charlie's life. Will Da still be such a powerful presence in his life? Explain.
Essay Topic 3DA is a classic story of coming to terms with your past. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)