|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother bid Charlie goodbye?
2. Why is Mother in such a good mood in this memory?
3. What memento does Mrs. Prynne give Charlie?
4. What did Charlie do that made Drumm never speak to him at work again?
5. Where is Young Charlie going?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Da. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Da?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Da and Drumm. Both men want influence over Charlie but have their hold on him in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Leonard is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)