|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where has Charlie just come?
2. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
3. How many pounds did the cook get as a legacy?
4. Why is Mother in such a good mood in this memory?
5. Why had Charlie sent the money to Da originally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the play's title? Why wasn't it called CHARLIE? What are some other possible titles for the play? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the family in DA. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family to most Irish families living during the mid-20th century?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Charlie. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Charlie?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)