|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie call Da when he offers Charlie a handkerchief?
2. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
3. What does Young Charlie think of Da's legacy?
4. To whom does Da say he will give some of the legacy money?
5. Who follows Young Charlie downstairs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Da. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Da?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ongoing conflict between Charlie and Da. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Charlie learn about the reality of his life with Da as opposed to the perceptions he has held for so long?
Essay Topic 3
Does Leonard end the play on a note of hope for Charlie or the continuance of his struggle to come to terms with his flawed relationship with Da? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)