|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the sunglasses given to Da?
2. Why has Young Charlie run short of money to buy Da a better gift?
3. Why is Mother in such a good mood in this memory?
4. Who does Charlie say is always bothering him?
5. Which of the following does Da not do at the end of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Leonard end the play on a note of hope for Charlie or the continuance of his struggle to come to terms with his flawed relationship with Da? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)