|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of her father's death, Mrs. Prynne is _____________________.
2. What happened to the sunglasses given to Da?
3. Who follows Young Charlie downstairs?
4. Who is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
5. What is Da's job with Mrs. Prynne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall setting setting for the play? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Leonard choose to use these places in the drama?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)