|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da tell Charlie as he shakes his hand?
2. From what disease was Da suffering?
3. What does Da offer to Charlie?
4. Drumm says that Da may have been ignorant but ______________________.
5. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the play's title? Why wasn't it called CHARLIE? What are some other possible titles for the play? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Regret seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of regret? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Da. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Da?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)