|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Da say he will give some of the legacy money?
2. Why is Charlie now mad at Da?
3. Who is sitting in the living room when Charlie gets home?
4. What does Da do before he turns lucid again?
5. Mother tells Da that their being at Charlie's wedding might have _____________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of married women in Ireland in the early 20th century. Why was Mother not given the freedom to marry the boy she loved? What precedents was she forced to follow? Explain why her lack of choice affected her marriage and life.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Da. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Da?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the play's title? Why wasn't it called CHARLIE? What are some other possible titles for the play? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)