|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
2. Who is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
4. Which of the following does Da not do at the end of the play?
5. Why is Charlie now mad at Da?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the play's title? Why wasn't it called CHARLIE? What are some other possible titles for the play? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Mother. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Mother?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)