|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
2. What is Charlie doing in the present?
3. What type of death do Da and Charlie say that Mother died?
4. How does Mother bid Charlie goodbye?
5. Who is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall setting setting for the play? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Leonard choose to use these places in the drama?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Charlie. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Charlie?
Essay Topic 3
Does Leonard end the play on a note of hope for Charlie or the continuance of his struggle to come to terms with his flawed relationship with Da? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)