|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da offer to Charlie?
2. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
3. Which of the following does Young Charlie not tell Charlie?
4. Where had Da gotten the money he left for Charlie?
5. How old is Drumm when he appears in Act 2, Part 4?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the play and write a brief synopsis for Charlie's life. Will Da still be such a powerful presence in his life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the play's title? Why wasn't it called CHARLIE? What are some other possible titles for the play? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)