|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Young Charlie think of Da's legacy?
2. Who is Mrs. Prynne looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
4. What does Da tell Charlie as he shakes his hand?
5. Who is sitting in the living room when Charlie gets home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Da. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Da?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the play's title? Why wasn't it called CHARLIE? What are some other possible titles for the play? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)