|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mother bid Charlie goodbye?
(a) She cries.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She can't say anything.
(d) She kisses him.
2. What did Da do with the checks Charlie had sent him?
(a) Escaped from two nursing homes.
(b) Bought a new car.
(c) Bought an R.V.
(d) Bought a big screen TV.
3. Which of the following does Da not say about the way he left this life?
(a) He left money behind.
(b) He didn't die poor like so many others.
(c) He died longing to go to America.
(d) He had enjoyed himself.
4. In his final days, Da talked to Charlie as though Charlie were ___________________.
(b) A priest.
(d) Mother's father.
5. What does Young Charlie think of Da's legacy?
(a) He wants to spend it on a new television.
(b) He is thankful Da was remembered.
(c) He wishes it were more for a family vacation.
(d) He can't believe how little money Da received.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
2. From where has Charlie just come?
3. Where had Mother taken the glasses?
4. What does Da say about his papers?
5. How many pounds did the cook get as a legacy?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)