|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mother respond to Da's marriage proposal?
(a) She said yes immediately.
(b) She had no say in the matter.
(c) She said she would have to think about it.
(d) She told him no at first.
2. In what country does DA take place?
3. What question does Charlie ask himself about his Mother?
(a) Why she married Da.
(b) Why she adopted him.
(c) Why she never drinks beer.
(d) Why she never loved him.
4. Who does Charlie say told him that what Da said about Charlie's birth mother wasn't true?
(a) His aunt.
(d) His adoptive mother.
5. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
(a) Wash his hair.
(b) Change his shirt.
(c) Brush his teeth.
(d) Take a shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary say about her father?
2. What does Mary do after she says that she doesn't want to know where her father is?
3. What is the theme of DA as dramatized in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What does Da ask Mary?
5. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the melted sunglasses sculpture symbolize?
2. What is the significance of the dementia scene with Charlie and Da?
3. What does it mean that Charlie doesn't talk to his Mother like he does to Da and Young Charlie?
4. What personal advice does Drumm give Charlie about his life?
5. What does Drumm bring to the house for Charlie and how does Charlie respond?
6. Describe the accusations that fly between Charlie and Young Charlie.
7. Why has Drumm come to the house to see Young Charlie?
8. What does Charlie learn about how his parents came to be married?
9. What is the nature of the letter Young Charlie is writing and why does his mother not like it?
10. How does Mary change in Charlie's eyes?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)