|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
(c) Young Charlie.
(d) Charlie Jr.
2. Who appears just as Young Charlie and Mary are getting to know each other?
(c) Mary's father.
3. Who appears with Charlie at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) A priest.
(b) His birth mother.
(c) His former wife.
(d) A young woman.
4. What job does Charlie's birth mother do?
(c) Sales person.
5. Which of the following did Da not do while courting Mother?
(a) Said he had a good job.
(b) Brought her flowers.
(c) Came to her house.
(d) Said he wanted to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drumm advise Young Charlie not to talk about to anyone?
2. Which of the following does Mary not do when Charlie rebuffs her?
3. How does Mary respond to Da's question?
4. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
5. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use the lighthouse as a metaphor in this scene?
2. What charges does Young Charlie level at Adult Charlie about the way his life turned out?
3. What two revelations about Da come to Charlie in this act?
4. How does Mother take control of Charlie's letter writing?
5. How does the play, DA, open?
6. What information does Young Charlie overhear and how does he react to it?
7. Describe the accusations that fly between Charlie and Young Charlie.
8. Why do Oliver's plans differ from Charlie's once Charlie sees Mary sitting on a bench reading?
9. What does Charlie learn about how his parents came to be married?
10. What advice does Drumm give Young Charlie on the job he offers him?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)