|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
2. Why does Mother take the letter?
(a) To rewrite it.
(b) To mail it.
(c) To burn it.
(d) To tear it up.
3. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
(a) Hitler and the Germans.
(b) Churchill and the British.
(c) Stalin and the Russians.
(d) Roosevelt and the Americans.
4. What does Mother tell Da to do with Young Charlie regarding the letter?
(a) Make him write another one.
(b) Mail it before he changes it again.
(c) Make it shorter.
(d) Make it longer.
5. What does Mary become in Young Charlie's eyes?
(a) A whore.
(b) A person.
(c) A child.
(d) A saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
2. Mother claimed that Da made a __________ out of Young Charlie.
3. Where does Charlie's birth mother work?
4. What does Drumm advise Young Charlie not to talk about to anyone?
5. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding the razor blades Charlie gave to Da for Christmas one year?
2. What is the main theme of the play and how is it exhibited for Charlie?
3. What is the significance of the dementia scene with Charlie and Da?
4. Who is Mrs. Prynne and why has she come to see Da in Act 2, Part 2?
5. How does Charlie injure his hand on the glasses sculpture?
6. How does Act 2, Part 1 begin?
7. It has been presented that maybe Charlie had not been interested in caring for his dying father. How is that perception changed in this act?
8. What has become of the spectacles sculpture?
9. What does Drumm bring to the house for Charlie and how does Charlie respond?
10. What is Da's legacy from the Master?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)