|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the doctor said when Young Charlie was born?
(a) He had the biggest head he ever saw on a baby.
(b) He wouldn't amount to much.
(c) He almost died.
(d) He was healthy as a horse.
2. What does Mary tell Young Charlie after Da leaves?
(a) He's senile.
(b) He's an idiot.
(c) He's a great guy.
(d) He's nosy.
3. What cannot be said about Da after this scene with Mary?
(a) He was chatty.
(b) He was vindictive.
(c) He was open hearted.
(d) He was friendly.
4. How did Mother respond to Da's marriage proposal?
(a) She said yes immediately.
(b) She told him no at first.
(c) She had no say in the matter.
(d) She said she would have to think about it.
5. Where was Charlie when his father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has recently died?
2. Young Charlie's birth mother __________________.
3. What does Da say will happen to Charlie's birth mother if she ever shows up?
4. What job does Charlie's birth mother do?
5. What does Charlie call Oliver after Oliver leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Prynne and why has she come to see Da in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What begins to emerge about Da's character in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What does Charlie learn about himself and the things for which he always blamed Da?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding the razor blades Charlie gave to Da for Christmas one year?
5. What has become of the spectacles sculpture?
6. Why has Drumm come to the house to see Young Charlie?
7. What is the main theme of the play and how is it exhibited for Charlie?
8. What does it mean that Charlie doesn't talk to his Mother like he does to Da and Young Charlie?
9. How does Act 2, Part 3 begin?
10. To what realization about love does Charlie arrive?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)