|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Young Charlie make a very good impression with Drumm?
(a) He swears too much.
(b) He has beer on his breath.
(c) Da and Mother keep answering the questions.
(d) He keeps falling asleep.
2. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
3. Young Charlie tells Charlie that Mother and Da always _____________ around Drumm.
4. Who has recently died?
(a) Charlie's mother.
(b) Charlie's father.
(c) Oliver's father.
(d) Charlie's son.
5. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
(a) went to Spain.
(b) stood up to Da and Mother.
(c) made the rugby team.
(d) learned to play chess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Young Charlie doing as Mother talks to him about her life?
2. What does Charlie remind Young Charlie about Drumm?
3. Who is the main character of DA?
4. Which of the following did Da not do while courting Mother?
5. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mary and what does Charlie tell Da about her?
2. Describe the accusations that fly between Charlie and Young Charlie.
3. What memory does Charlie have of Drumm and what was the state of their relationship?
4. How does Da change the course of Charlie's overtures toward Mary?
5. How does the play, DA, open?
6. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
7. Describe Young Charlie's romantic overtures toward Mary.
8. It has been presented that maybe Charlie had not been interested in caring for his dying father. How is that perception changed in this act?
9. What ulterior motive does Oliver have for coming to see Charlie after his Da died?
10. What does Young Charlie represent for Charlie?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)