|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
(a) Brush his teeth.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Wash his hair.
(d) Change his shirt.
2. What does Charlie feel keeps him from being successful?
(a) Memories of Da.
(b) No ambition.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) Lack of education.
3. Why does Mother take the letter?
(a) To tear it up.
(b) To burn it.
(c) To mail it.
(d) To rewrite it.
4. Where was Charlie when his father died?
5. Mother claimed that Da made a __________ out of Young Charlie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
2. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
3. What is the reason for Young Charlie's letter?
4. Where does Drumm ask Young Charlie to go with him?
5. What does Young Charlie decide to do instead of going out with Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personal advice does Drumm give Charlie about his life?
2. What ulterior motive does Oliver have for coming to see Charlie after his Da died?
3. What information does Young Charlie overhear and how does he react to it?
4. Describe how Da and Mother say goodbye to Young Charlie.
5. Describe the accusations that fly between Charlie and Young Charlie.
6. How does the subject of Charlie's birth mother come up in Act 1, Part 4?
7. How does Mother take control of Charlie's letter writing?
8. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
9. What does it mean that Charlie doesn't talk to his Mother like he does to Da and Young Charlie?
10. What does Drumm bring to the house for Charlie and how does Charlie respond?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)