|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears just as Young Charlie and Mary are getting to know each other?
(c) Mary's father.
2. To whom is Young Charlie writing a letter?
3. Why doesn't Young Charlie make a very good impression with Drumm?
(a) He keeps falling asleep.
(b) Da and Mother keep answering the questions.
(c) He has beer on his breath.
(d) He swears too much.
4. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
(a) Why shouldn't you?
(b) Of course you do.
(c) And I'm glad of it.
(d) Back at you, son.
5. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
(a) If he wants to play cards.
(b) If he can help him get Da's house.
(c) If he wants to come over for dinner.
(d) If he wants to go out for a beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Charlie's birth mother do?
2. When does Mary begin to respond positively to Young Charlie?
3. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
4. What is Mary doing when Young Charlie and Oliver appear?
5. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Da's legacy from the Master?
2. Why does Charlie become angry at Da for not taking the money he had sent him?
3. What does it mean that Charlie doesn't talk to his Mother like he does to Da and Young Charlie?
4. What two revelations about Da come to Charlie in this act?
5. How does the play, DA, open?
6. How does Act 2, Part 4 end?
7. What is the author's purpose for including this brief scene with Mary, Young Charlie and Da?
8. What does Charlie learn about himself and the things for which he always blamed Da?
9. How does Act 2, Part 2 end?
10. Why is the memory of Charlie having the memory regarding his birth mother so significant?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)