|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cannot be said about Da after this scene with Mary?
(a) He was vindictive.
(b) He was open hearted.
(c) He was friendly.
(d) He was chatty.
2. Charlie confronts Da, asking why he hadn't ever ____________________.
(a) divorced Mother.
(b) gone back to church.
(d) stopped Mother.
3. What is the theme of DA as dramatized in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Beer and women should always be warm.
(b) Once a loser, always a loser.
(c) Love your parents before they die.
(d) There is no escaping the past.
4. Where was Charlie when his father died?
5. What is the name of the man Mother had loved?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
2. What does Mother tell Da to do with Young Charlie regarding the letter?
3. Why does Mother take the letter?
4. As an adult, Charlie angrily says that he shouldn't love Da because he ______________.
5. What does Young Charlie decide to do instead of going out with Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personal advice does Drumm give Charlie about his life?
2. What two revelations about Da come to Charlie in this act?
3. Who is Mrs. Prynne and why has she come to see Da in Act 2, Part 2?
4. Why is the memory of Charlie having the memory regarding his birth mother so significant?
5. What information does Young Charlie overhear and how does he react to it?
6. What is the significance of the dementia scene with Charlie and Da?
7. What is the nature of the letter Young Charlie is writing and why does his mother not like it?
8. How does Charlie end the encounter with Mary?
9. Who is Mary and what does Charlie tell Da about her?
10. What charges does Young Charlie level at Adult Charlie about the way his life turned out?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)