|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
(a) A millstone.
(b) A real inspiration.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) A blessing.
2. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
3. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
(b) Ironing a shirt.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Making tea.
4. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
5. When does Mary begin to respond positively to Young Charlie?
(a) When he puts his hand on her knee.
(b) When he tells her a joke.
(c) When he buys her a coffee.
(d) When he sings to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
2. What does Charlie call Oliver after Oliver leaves?
3. What is Young Charlie doing as Mother talks to him about her life?
4. Where does Charlie's birth mother work?
5. What does Mary do when Young Charlie puts his hand on her knee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Drumm bring to the house for Charlie and how does Charlie respond?
2. What is the significance of the dementia scene with Charlie and Da?
3. How does the author use the lighthouse as a metaphor in this scene?
4. How does Da change the course of Charlie's overtures toward Mary?
5. What charges does Young Charlie level at Adult Charlie about the way his life turned out?
6. How does Charlie injure his hand on the glasses sculpture?
7. It has been presented that maybe Charlie had not been interested in caring for his dying father. How is that perception changed in this act?
8. What does it mean that Charlie doesn't talk to his Mother like he does to Da and Young Charlie?
9. What is Da's legacy from the Master?
10. What does Charlie learn about how his parents came to be married?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)