|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
(a) Clears the tea dishes.
(b) Runs after him.
(c) Cries herself to sleep.
(d) Calls the police.
2. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
(a) made the rugby team.
(b) went to Spain.
(c) stood up to Da and Mother.
(d) learned to play chess.
3. What does Mary tell Young Charlie after Da leaves?
(a) He's a great guy.
(b) He's senile.
(c) He's an idiot.
(d) He's nosy.
4. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
(a) If he wants to come over for dinner.
(b) If he can help him get Da's house.
(c) If he wants to go out for a beer.
(d) If he wants to play cards.
5. What does Mary say about her father?
(a) He will be coming to pick her up soon.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is at home with a work injury.
(d) He disappeared years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie's birth mother work?
2. Which of the following do Charlie and Oliver not talk about?
3. Where does Drumm suggest that Da and Mother send Young Charlie?
4. What cannot be said about Da after this scene with Mary?
5. What job does Charlie's birth mother do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Da's legacy from the Master?
2. How does Act 2, Part 3 begin?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding the razor blades Charlie gave to Da for Christmas one year?
4. What foreshadowing does the author use regarding Da's intention for his legacy?
5. How do Drumm and Charlie's parents disagree on the best place for Charlie to find a job?
6. Describe the accusations that fly between Charlie and Young Charlie.
7. What does Da tell Charlie about his birth mother which is different from what his aunt has been telling him?
8. How does the play, DA, open?
9. What is the main theme of the play and how is it exhibited for Charlie?
10. Describe how Da and Mother say goodbye to Young Charlie.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)