|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary say she will do with Young Charlie?
(a) Go out with him.
(b) Ride bikes.
(d) Go to church.
2. Which of the following did Da not do while courting Mother?
(a) Came to her house.
(b) Said he wanted to marry her.
(c) Said he had a good job.
(d) Brought her flowers.
3. Who appears with Charlie at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) His birth mother.
(b) His former wife.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A priest.
4. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
(a) Change his shirt.
(b) Brush his teeth.
(c) Take a shower.
(d) Wash his hair.
5. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
(a) Charlie Jr.
(c) Young Charlie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
2. What job does Charlie's birth mother do?
3. What does Mother tell Da to do with Young Charlie regarding the letter?
4. What does Da say will happen to Charlie's birth mother if she ever shows up?
5. What does Mary do when Young Charlie puts his hand on her knee?
Short Essay Questions
1. It has been presented that maybe Charlie had not been interested in caring for his dying father. How is that perception changed in this act?
2. Who is Mrs. Prynne and why has she come to see Da in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What ulterior motive does Oliver have for coming to see Charlie after his Da died?
4. What does the melted sunglasses sculpture symbolize?
5. Why has Drumm come to the house to see Young Charlie?
6. What does Da tell Charlie about his birth mother which is different from what his aunt has been telling him?
7. Describe the conversation Charlie had with Da when Da was in his final days, suffering from dementia.
8. What is the main theme of the play and how is it exhibited for Charlie?
9. How does Act 2, Part 2 end?
10. What personal advice does Drumm give Charlie about his life?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)