|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother tell Da to do with Young Charlie regarding the letter?
(a) Make it shorter.
(b) Make him write another one.
(c) Mail it before he changes it again.
(d) Make it longer.
2. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
(a) Beats on his Mother.
(b) Throws a vase against the wall.
(c) Runs out of the house.
3. Mother claimed that Da made a __________ out of Young Charlie.
4. Who appears with Charlie at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) A priest.
(b) His birth mother.
(c) His former wife.
(d) A young woman.
5. Where does Drumm ask Young Charlie to go with him?
(a) To the pub.
(b) To a rugby game.
(c) For a walk.
(d) To the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlie says that he's more afraid of _____________ than he is of the devil.
2. What does Charlie tell Da about Mary?
3. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
4. What does Da ask Mary?
5. In what country does DA take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the memory of Charlie having the memory regarding his birth mother so significant?
2. How do Young Charlie and Da differ in their responses to the legacy Da received?
3. How does Mother take control of Charlie's letter writing?
4. What begins to emerge about Da's character in Act 2, Part 2?
5. How does the author use the lighthouse as a metaphor in this scene?
6. How does the subject of Charlie's birth mother come up in Act 1, Part 4?
7. What charges does Young Charlie level at Adult Charlie about the way his life turned out?
8. How does the author provide some context for Da's anger at Mother to help the reader better understand him as a person?
9. How does Act 2, Part 4 end?
10. Who is Mary and what does Charlie tell Da about her?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)