|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie call Oliver after Oliver leaves?
2. What question does Charlie ask himself about his Mother?
(a) Why she adopted him.
(b) Why she married Da.
(c) Why she never drinks beer.
(d) Why she never loved him.
3. Where does Oliver want Young Charlie to go with him?
(a) The rugby game.
(b) The pool hall.
(c) The malt shop.
(d) The library.
4. What name does Mary call Young Charlie?
(a) Daddy's Boy.
(b) Daddy's Little Baby.
(d) Son of a Bitch.
5. Da appears and says that if there were room in his grave, he would _____________________.
(b) roll over in it.
(d) play solitaire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
2. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
3. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
4. Where does Drumm ask Young Charlie to go with him?
5. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie learn about himself and the things for which he always blamed Da?
2. What ulterior motive does Oliver have for coming to see Charlie after his Da died?
3. How do Young Charlie and Da differ in their responses to the legacy Da received?
4. Why has Drumm come to the house to see Young Charlie?
5. What is the author's purpose for including this brief scene with Mary, Young Charlie and Da?
6. How do Drumm and Charlie's parents disagree on the best place for Charlie to find a job?
7. For what reason did Da use the checks Charlie had sent him?
8. What begins to emerge about Da's character in Act 2, Part 2?
9. Who is Mrs. Prynne and why has she come to see Da in Act 2, Part 2?
10. Why is the memory of Charlie having the memory regarding his birth mother so significant?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)