|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 15 years.
2. What had Drumm given Da a couple of weeks before Da died?
3. What does Charlie realize after the scene with Mary?
(a) Da didn't deliberately ruin his chances with her.
(b) He dodged a bullet by not getting involved with her.
(c) She was really ugly.
(d) He was a fool to have wanted her.
4. Who does Charlie say told him that what Da said about Charlie's birth mother wasn't true?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His adoptive mother.
5. What had the doctor said when Young Charlie was born?
(a) He was healthy as a horse.
(b) He had the biggest head he ever saw on a baby.
(c) He almost died.
(d) He wouldn't amount to much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
2. What does Mary tell Young Charlie after Da leaves?
3. What is the name of the young woman who appears with Charlie in Act 1, Part 3?
4. Who appears with Charlie at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
5. What does Da tell adult Charlie about a particular cliff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie learn about how his parents came to be married?
2. How does Act 2, Part 3 begin?
3. What memory does Charlie have of Drumm and what was the state of their relationship?
4. Describe Young Charlie's romantic overtures toward Mary.
5. Describe the conversation Charlie had with Da when Da was in his final days, suffering from dementia.
6. How does the play, DA, open?
7. What does Da tell Charlie about his birth mother which is different from what his aunt has been telling him?
8. How does Charlie end the encounter with Mary?
9. How does Mother take control of Charlie's letter writing?
10. Why does Charlie consider Da to be a millstone around his neck?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)