|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell Young Charlie after Da leaves?
(a) He's senile.
(b) He's nosy.
(c) He's a great guy.
(d) He's an idiot.
2. Which of the following do Charlie and Oliver not talk about?
(a) School subjects they liked.
(b) Movies they saw.
(c) Girls they dated.
(d) Expressions they used.
3. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. What does Young Charlie want to be in his letter?
5. Where does Drumm suggest that Da and Mother send Young Charlie?
(b) Boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has recently died?
2. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
3. What does Mary do when Young Charlie puts his hand on her knee?
4. How many sons did Drumm have?
5. Charlie says that he's more afraid of _____________ than he is of the devil.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mother take control of Charlie's letter writing?
2. How does Da make his first appearance in the play?
3. What does it mean that Charlie doesn't talk to his Mother like he does to Da and Young Charlie?
4. Who is Mary and what does Charlie tell Da about her?
5. How does Charlie injure his hand on the glasses sculpture?
6. How does the author use the lighthouse as a metaphor in this scene?
7. Describe the conversation Charlie had with Da when Da was in his final days, suffering from dementia.
8. Describe Young Charlie's romantic overtures toward Mary.
9. What ulterior motive does Oliver have for coming to see Charlie after his Da died?
10. What advice does Drumm give Young Charlie on the job he offers him?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)