|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charlie say told him that what Da said about Charlie's birth mother wasn't true?
(a) His aunt.
(d) His adoptive mother.
2. What does Charlie feel keeps him from being successful?
(a) No ambition.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Lack of education.
(d) Memories of Da.
3. What does Charlie tell Da about Mary?
(a) Every boy in school wanted to be with her.
(b) She was the oldest of ten children.
(c) He wanted to marry her.
(d) She was a straight-A student.
4. What name does Mary call Young Charlie?
(a) Daddy's Boy.
(c) Daddy's Little Baby.
(d) Son of a Bitch.
5. What does Mother tell Da to do with Young Charlie regarding the letter?
(a) Mail it before he changes it again.
(b) Make it longer.
(c) Make him write another one.
(d) Make it shorter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Drumm ask Young Charlie to go with him?
2. As an adult, Charlie angrily says that he shouldn't love Da because he ______________.
3. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
4. Which of the following do Charlie and Oliver not talk about?
5. What does Da tell adult Charlie about a particular cliff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Drumm bring to the house for Charlie and how does Charlie respond?
2. How does Mary change in Charlie's eyes?
3. Describe the accusations that fly between Charlie and Young Charlie.
4. How do Drumm and Charlie's parents disagree on the best place for Charlie to find a job?
5. Describe the fight between Charlie's parents after Mother runs into an old friend who is married to the man Mother had loved.
6. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
7. Why does Charlie consider Da to be a millstone around his neck?
8. What foreshadowing does the author use regarding Da's intention for his legacy?
9. What personal advice does Drumm give Charlie about his life?
10. How does Act 2, Part 2 end?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)