|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary respond to Da's question?
(a) She gets upset.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She tells him to mind his own business.
(d) She doesn't say anything.
2. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
(a) If he wants to play cards.
(b) If he wants to come over for dinner.
(c) If he wants to go out for a beer.
(d) If he can help him get Da's house.
3. Who is Oliver?
(a) Charlie's friend.
(b) Charlie's boss.
(c) Drumm's father-in-law.
(d) Charlie's son.
4. What does Drumm advise Young Charlie not to talk about to anyone?
(a) His medical condition.
(b) His adoption.
(c) His parents.
(d) His grades.
5. What job does Charlie's birth mother do?
(b) Sales person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
2. Young Charlie tells Charlie that Mother and Da always _____________ around Drumm.
3. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
4. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
5. What does Mother explain to Young Charlie about her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Prynne and why has she come to see Da in Act 2, Part 2?
2. What is the main theme of the play and how is it exhibited for Charlie?
3. What foreshadowing does the author use regarding Da's intention for his legacy?
4. Why does Charlie become angry at Da for not taking the money he had sent him?
5. How does the subject of Charlie's birth mother come up in Act 1, Part 4?
6. What does it mean that Charlie doesn't talk to his Mother like he does to Da and Young Charlie?
7. Describe Young Charlie's romantic overtures toward Mary.
8. What is the significance of the dementia scene with Charlie and Da?
9. For what reason did Da use the checks Charlie had sent him?
10. How does Da change the course of Charlie's overtures toward Mary?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)