Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell Young Charlie after Da leaves?
(a) He's nosy.
(b) He's an idiot.
(c) He's senile.
(d) He's a great guy.
2. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
(a) Roosevelt and the Americans.
(b) Churchill and the British.
(c) Hitler and the Germans.
(d) Stalin and the Russians.
3. In what country does DA take place?
4. How does Adult Charlie realize his Mother and Da expressed their love?
5. What is the name of the man Mother had loved?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Oliver?
2. Which of the following does Mary not do when Charlie rebuffs her?
3. Who has recently died?
4. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
5. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Young Charlie overhear and how does he react to it?
2. Why does Charlie become angry at Da for not taking the money he had sent him?
3. How does the subject of Charlie's birth mother come up in Act 1, Part 4?
4. How does the author use the lighthouse as a metaphor in this scene?
5. Explain the metaphor of Charlie's hurting himself on the glasses sculpture.
6. How does Da make his first appearance in the play?
7. What is the nature of the letter Young Charlie is writing and why does his mother not like it?
8. From whose point of view are the memory scenes told?
9. What does the melted sunglasses sculpture symbolize?
10. What is the main theme of the play and how is it exhibited for Charlie?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)