|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie call Da when he offers Charlie a handkerchief?
2. With whom had Charlie had a conversation about moving Da when he was ill?
(c) Mrs. Prynne.
(d) Da's doctor.
3. What is Charlie doing in the present?
(a) Working on papers.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Eating dinner.
4. In the memory, Drumm chastises Young Charlie for __________________.
(a) screwing up an order.
(b) drinking at lunch.
(c) being late again.
(d) misfiling a letter.
5. Charlie complains that Da gave and gave but would not ______________.
(a) accept repayment.
(b) give to Mother.
(c) even accept a gift.
(d) love him emotionally.
6. Which of the following does Da ask Charlie, whom he thinks is Mother's father?
(a) If he can loan him some money.
(b) If he would put in a good word for him with Mother.
(c) How beautiful Mother is.
(d) How good he would be to Mother.
7. To whom does Da say he will give some of the legacy money?
(a) The church.
8. Why has Young Charlie run short of money to buy Da a better gift?
(a) His wallet was stolen.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) He couldn't get to the mall.
(d) He spent most of his money on a girl.
9. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
10. What does Da do when Mother says she always preferred Ernie to him?
(a) Slaps her.
(c) Raises his fist to hit her.
(d) Screams at her.
11. How were the sunglasses melted?
(a) In a fireworks explosion.
(b) In the San Francisco earthquake of 1906.
(c) Lying close to a gas grill.
(d) Sitting in the sun for months.
12. Why had Charlie sent the money to Da originally?
(a) For a retirement gift.
(b) After he escaped from the second nursing home.
(c) For a Father's Day gift.
(d) For a birthday gift.
13. What was the only thing Young Charlie could give Da for Christmas one year?
(a) Six razor blades.
(b) A tie.
(c) A handmade card.
(d) An ashtray.
14. What does Da do before he turns lucid again?
(a) Swears in French.
(c) Sings an Irish song.
(d) Strips off all his clothes.
15. Mother and Da are not going to the wedding because it is too far and __________________.
(a) they can't afford it.
(b) they can't get off work.
(c) Da is unwell.
(d) they don't like to stay in hotels.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Mother's old friend married?
2. What does Charlie try to crush?
3. Why does Da say he will go to England now?
4. What does Young Charlie think of Da's legacy?
5. How does Da bid Charlie goodbye?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)