|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Da say about his papers?
(a) They should have been saved for his grandchildren.
(b) Most of them were useless.
(c) They will come in handy one day.
(d) They are priceless.
2. What does Da think after he receives the legacy?
(a) How cheap the old bastard was.
(b) How the cook got more money than he did.
(c) How sorry he is that he worked for the Master for so long.
(d) The good things he received while the Master was alive.
3. What is Charlie doing in the present?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Working on papers.
(d) Eating dinner.
4. What does Charlie call Da when he offers Charlie a handkerchief?
5. Charlie says that Da was always ______________.
6. Charlie had _______________ but never liked him.
(a) tolerated Drumm.
(b) idolized Drumm.
(c) respected Drumm.
(d) been taught well by Drumm.
7. Why does Da say he will go to England now?
(a) He has always wanted to live in a big city.
(b) He has never been there.
(c) To make up for not going when he was ill as Charlie had wanted.
(d) He has always wanted to meet the Queen.
8. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
9. What happened to the sunglasses given to Da?
(a) They were cracked.
(b) They were lost.
(c) They were melted.
(d) They were stepped on.
10. What was the only thing Young Charlie could give Da for Christmas one year?
(a) An ashtray.
(b) A handmade card.
(c) Six razor blades.
(d) A tie.
11. Who is Mrs. Prynne looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
12. For what does Young Charlie berate Charlie when Da leaves to check on the razor blades?
(a) Not telling Da he loved him.
(b) Not taking Da to Mother's grave.
(c) Not buying Da an electric razor.
(d) Not being around when Da got ill and died.
13. What does Da bring into the living room in the present memory?
(b) Razor blades.
(c) Snow globe.
14. How many pounds did Da receive as a legacy?
15. As a result of her father's death, Mrs. Prynne is _____________________.
(a) firing all the servants.
(b) locked away in mourning.
(c) giving legacies to the servants.
(d) the head of the estate now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Young Charlie downstairs?
2. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
3. How old is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
4. From what disease was Da suffering?
5. How does Mother bid Charlie goodbye?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)