|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother and Da are not going to the wedding because it is too far and __________________.
(a) they don't like to stay in hotels.
(b) they can't get off work.
(c) Da is unwell.
(d) they can't afford it.
2. Who follows Young Charlie downstairs?
(d) His dog.
3. How many pounds did the cook get as a legacy?
4. What does Da comment about the papers Charlie is taking with him?
(a) How inconsequential they are.
(b) How private they are.
(c) How important they are.
(d) How few he has.
5. What does Da offer to Charlie?
(a) Marital advice.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) Financial advice.
(d) A sandwich.
6. What type of death do Da and Charlie say that Mother died?
(a) A natural death.
(b) A slow, painful death.
(c) An honest death.
(d) An Irishwoman's death.
7. What did Da do with the checks Charlie had sent him?
(a) Bought an R.V.
(b) Escaped from two nursing homes.
(c) Bought a big screen TV.
(d) Bought a new car.
8. Where is Young Charlie going?
9. Which of the following does Da not say about the way he left this life?
(a) He had enjoyed himself.
(b) He left money behind.
(c) He didn't die poor like so many others.
(d) He died longing to go to America.
10. How old is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Early Twenties.
(d) Late Sixties.
11. How long does Charlie say he had intended to stay at the job at Drumm's?
(a) One week.
(b) Two years.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
12. How were the sunglasses melted?
(a) Sitting in the sun for months.
(b) In a fireworks explosion.
(c) Lying close to a gas grill.
(d) In the San Francisco earthquake of 1906.
13. What is Charlie doing in the present?
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Working on papers.
(d) Reading a book.
14. What does Da say about his papers?
(a) They are priceless.
(b) They will come in handy one day.
(c) Most of them were useless.
(d) They should have been saved for his grandchildren.
15. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
(a) Tells him he was a loser from the very beginning.
(b) Screams at him to let him alone.
(c) Says he never loved Da or Mother.
(d) Accuses him of being cheap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da rifle through?
2. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
3. From what disease was Da suffering?
4. Which of the following does Young Charlie not tell Charlie?
5. With whom had Charlie had a conversation about moving Da when he was ill?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)