|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Charlie do that made Drumm never speak to him at work again?
(a) Ran over his dog.
(b) Crossed the street to avoid meeting him.
(c) Wrote bad checks.
(d) Had an affair with his wife.
2. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
3. What does Drumm reveal to Charlie?
(a) Drumm has a terminal disease.
(b) Drumm was in love with Charlie's Mother.
(c) Da has left Charlie some money.
(d) Da wanted to be cremated.
4. What does Da tell Charlie as he shakes his hand?
(a) Travel directions.
(b) How much he loves him.
(c) Last minute advice.
(d) Write as soon as he can.
5. What does Da rifle through?
(a) The kitchen cupboards.
(b) Charlie's briefcase.
(c) The magazines on a table.
(d) His sock drawer.
6. What is Charlie doing in the present?
(a) Reading a book.
(c) Working on papers.
(d) Eating dinner.
7. Why has Young Charlie run short of money to buy Da a better gift?
(a) He couldn't get to the mall.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) His wallet was stolen.
(d) He spent most of his money on a girl.
8. What does Da comment about the papers Charlie is taking with him?
(a) How private they are.
(b) How few he has.
(c) How inconsequential they are.
(d) How important they are.
9. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(c) Mrs. Prynne.
10. What is Charlie's mood after Drumm gives him the money and the glasses?
11. What did Da do with the checks Charlie had sent him?
(a) Bought an R.V.
(b) Bought a big screen TV.
(c) Escaped from two nursing homes.
(d) Bought a new car.
12. As a result of her father's death, Mrs. Prynne is _____________________.
(a) giving legacies to the servants.
(b) the head of the estate now.
(c) locked away in mourning.
(d) firing all the servants.
13. How does Da bid Charlie goodbye?
(a) He slaps him on the back.
(b) He can't say anything.
(c) He hugs him.
(d) He shakes his hand.
14. Who follows Charlie around at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(d) Young Charlie.
15. Mother and Da are not going to the wedding because it is too far and __________________.
(a) they can't get off work.
(b) Da is unwell.
(c) they don't like to stay in hotels.
(d) they can't afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of death do Da and Charlie say that Mother died?
2. What happened to the sunglasses given to Da?
3. Who did Da hit in order to get out of one of the nursing homes?
4. Where had Mother taken the glasses?
5. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)