|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Mrs. Prynne.
(b) Mrs. Preston.
(c) Mrs. Peavy.
(d) Mrs. Priory.
2. Which of the following does Young Charlie not tell Charlie?
(a) He should get remarried.
(b) Young Charlie never needed to drink.
(c) Adult Charlie has no life left in him.
(d) He had hoped he would become something more.
3. As a result of her father's death, Mrs. Prynne is _____________________.
(a) locked away in mourning.
(b) giving legacies to the servants.
(c) firing all the servants.
(d) the head of the estate now.
4. What does Da do when Mother says she always preferred Ernie to him?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Raises his fist to hit her.
(c) Screams at her.
5. How were the sunglasses melted?
(a) Sitting in the sun for months.
(b) In a fireworks explosion.
(c) In the San Francisco earthquake of 1906.
(d) Lying close to a gas grill.
6. What does Charlie call Da when he offers Charlie a handkerchief?
7. Young Charlie says that Da may not have had money but he had ______________.
8. What does Da say about his papers?
(a) Most of them were useless.
(b) They will come in handy one day.
(c) They are priceless.
(d) They should have been saved for his grandchildren.
9. Why had Charlie sent the money to Da originally?
(a) After he escaped from the second nursing home.
(b) For a retirement gift.
(c) For a Father's Day gift.
(d) For a birthday gift.
10. What was the only thing Young Charlie could give Da for Christmas one year?
(a) A handmade card.
(b) A tie.
(c) An ashtray.
(d) Six razor blades.
11. Drumm says that Da may have been ignorant but ______________________.
(a) he was kind.
(b) he was loving.
(c) he was a good man.
(d) he was happy.
12. Who follows Young Charlie downstairs?
(a) His dog.
13. What does Young Charlie think of Da's legacy?
(a) He wants to spend it on a new television.
(b) He wishes it were more for a family vacation.
(c) He can't believe how little money Da received.
(d) He is thankful Da was remembered.
14. What memento does Mrs. Prynne give Charlie?
(a) A Faberge egg.
(b) A tiki head.
(c) A clump of fused sunglasses.
(d) A nautical paperweight.
15. How long had Charlie been working at Drumm's when Young Charlie has a conversation with Drumm?
(a) Six months.
(b) Thirteen years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da do when Charlie cuts himself?
2. What happens when Charlie tries to crush the sculpture?
3. What did Charlie do that made Drumm never speak to him at work again?
4. To where had Charlie wanted to move Da when he was ill?
5. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)