|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Da not say about the way he left this life?
(a) He died longing to go to America.
(b) He left money behind.
(c) He didn't die poor like so many others.
(d) He had enjoyed himself.
2. For what reason will Da give some of the legacy money to Young Charlie?
(a) A car.
(b) A school trip.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A wedding present.
3. Drumm says that Da may have been ignorant but ______________________.
(a) he was happy.
(b) he was kind.
(c) he was a good man.
(d) he was loving.
4. How long had Charlie been working at Drumm's when Young Charlie has a conversation with Drumm?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Thirteen years.
5. How were the sunglasses melted?
(a) Lying close to a gas grill.
(b) In the San Francisco earthquake of 1906.
(c) Sitting in the sun for months.
(d) In a fireworks explosion.
6. How long does Charlie say he had intended to stay at the job at Drumm's?
(a) Two years.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
7. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
(a) While praying.
(b) While drinking tea.
(c) While peeling potatoes.
(d) While singing.
8. What happens when Charlie tries to crush the sculpture?
(a) He cuts himself.
(b) He cries.
(c) It falls to the floor.
(d) It breaks apart.
9. What does Da comment about the papers Charlie is taking with him?
(a) How important they are.
(b) How few he has.
(c) How inconsequential they are.
(d) How private they are.
10. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
(b) New car.
(d) Self-professed superior mind.
11. From what disease was Da suffering?
12. What does Drumm reveal to Charlie?
(a) Da has left Charlie some money.
(b) Drumm was in love with Charlie's Mother.
(c) Drumm has a terminal disease.
(d) Da wanted to be cremated.
13. Why does Da say he will go to England now?
(a) He has never been there.
(b) He has always wanted to live in a big city.
(c) He has always wanted to meet the Queen.
(d) To make up for not going when he was ill as Charlie had wanted.
14. Young Charlie says that Da may not have had money but he had ______________.
15. To whom does Da say he will give some of the legacy money?
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds did the cook get as a legacy?
2. Why had Charlie sent the money to Da originally?
3. As a result of her father's death, Mrs. Prynne is _____________________.
4. Why is Charlie now mad at Da?
5. What memento does Mrs. Prynne give Charlie?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)