|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where had Charlie wanted to move Da when he was ill?
2. What does Charlie call Da when he offers Charlie a handkerchief?
3. From what disease was Da suffering?
4. What does Da think after he receives the legacy?
(a) How sorry he is that he worked for the Master for so long.
(b) How cheap the old bastard was.
(c) How the cook got more money than he did.
(d) The good things he received while the Master was alive.
5. What does Da bring into the living room in the present memory?
(c) Razor blades.
(d) Snow globe.
6. In a memory, Mother is late for dinner and _____________.
7. Which of the following does Da not say about the way he left this life?
(a) He didn't die poor like so many others.
(b) He left money behind.
(c) He died longing to go to America.
(d) He had enjoyed himself.
8. Where does Da say he will go now?
9. What does Drumm give Charlie that had belonged to Da?
(a) His tools.
(b) A set of golf clubs.
(c) An old jacket.
(d) The fused spectacles.
10. What does Da do when Mother says she always preferred Ernie to him?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Raises his fist to hit her.
(c) Screams at her.
11. Where had Da gotten the money he left for Charlie?
(a) He saved the Master's legacy money.
(b) He saved his pension.
(c) He had a part time job.
(d) Charlie had sent it to him.
12. Why is Charlie going away?
(a) To start a job.
(b) To visit friends.
(c) To get married.
(d) To go to college.
13. What happens when Charlie tries to crush the sculpture?
(a) He cries.
(b) It falls to the floor.
(c) It breaks apart.
(d) He cuts himself.
14. Why has Young Charlie run short of money to buy Da a better gift?
(a) He spent most of his money on a girl.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) He couldn't get to the mall.
(d) His wallet was stolen.
15. What does Da tell Charlie as he shakes his hand?
(a) How much he loves him.
(b) Travel directions.
(c) Last minute advice.
(d) Write as soon as he can.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where has Charlie just come?
2. What does Young Charlie call Mrs. Prynne?
3. Drumm says that Da may have been ignorant but ______________________.
4. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
5. What was the only thing Young Charlie could give Da for Christmas one year?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)