|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Da bring into the living room in the present memory?
(a) Razor blades.
(c) Snow globe.
2. What does Da comment about the papers Charlie is taking with him?
(a) How important they are.
(b) How private they are.
(c) How few he has.
(d) How inconsequential they are.
3. What does Charlie call Da when he offers Charlie a handkerchief?
4. Who is sitting in the living room when Charlie gets home?
(d) Young Charlie.
5. How many pounds did Da receive as a legacy?
6. In a memory, Mother is late for dinner and _____________.
7. What does Da think after he receives the legacy?
(a) How the cook got more money than he did.
(b) The good things he received while the Master was alive.
(c) How cheap the old bastard was.
(d) How sorry he is that he worked for the Master for so long.
8. What does Charlie try to crush?
(a) A beer can.
(b) The spectacles sculpture.
9. From where has Charlie just come?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A bar.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A hospital.
10. Who is Mrs. Prynne looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
11. What does Da say about his papers?
(a) They will come in handy one day.
(b) They should have been saved for his grandchildren.
(c) Most of them were useless.
(d) They are priceless.
12. As a result of her father's death, Mrs. Prynne is _____________________.
(a) giving legacies to the servants.
(b) the head of the estate now.
(c) firing all the servants.
(d) locked away in mourning.
13. What does Da do before he turns lucid again?
(a) Swears in French.
(b) Sings an Irish song.
(c) Strips off all his clothes.
14. What memento does Mrs. Prynne give Charlie?
(a) A clump of fused sunglasses.
(b) A Faberge egg.
(c) A nautical paperweight.
(d) A tiki head.
15. What happened to the sunglasses given to Da?
(a) They were melted.
(b) They were stepped on.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were cracked.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
2. Where had Mother taken the glasses?
3. To whom is Mother's old friend married?
4. Mother and Da are not going to the wedding because it is too far and __________________.
5. Why is Charlie now mad at Da?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)