|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Young Charlie think of Da's legacy?
(a) He is thankful Da was remembered.
(b) He can't believe how little money Da received.
(c) He wishes it were more for a family vacation.
(d) He wants to spend it on a new television.
2. Charlie complains that Da gave and gave but would not ______________.
(a) accept repayment.
(b) love him emotionally.
(c) give to Mother.
(d) even accept a gift.
3. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
4. What does Da do before he turns lucid again?
(a) Swears in French.
(b) Sings an Irish song.
(c) Strips off all his clothes.
5. In the memory, Drumm chastises Young Charlie for __________________.
(a) screwing up an order.
(b) being late again.
(c) misfiling a letter.
(d) drinking at lunch.
6. In a memory, Mother is late for dinner and _____________.
7. Which of the following does Da ask Charlie, whom he thinks is Mother's father?
(a) If he would put in a good word for him with Mother.
(b) If he can loan him some money.
(c) How beautiful Mother is.
(d) How good he would be to Mother.
8. What does Da comment about the papers Charlie is taking with him?
(a) How few he has.
(b) How inconsequential they are.
(c) How private they are.
(d) How important they are.
9. What type of death do Da and Charlie say that Mother died?
(a) A natural death.
(b) An Irishwoman's death.
(c) An honest death.
(d) A slow, painful death.
10. Why is Mother in such a good mood in this memory?
(a) She bought a new dress.
(b) She got a letter from her sister.
(c) She got some beautiful cabbages at the market.
(d) She had run into an old friend.
11. Who did Da hit in order to get out of one of the nursing homes?
(c) A nurse.
12. How long does Charlie say he had intended to stay at the job at Drumm's?
(a) Two years.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
13. To whom does Da say he will give some of the legacy money?
(d) The church.
14. Why had Charlie sent the money to Da originally?
(a) For a retirement gift.
(b) After he escaped from the second nursing home.
(c) For a birthday gift.
(d) For a Father's Day gift.
15. Where is Young Charlie going?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
2. Charlie says that Da was always ______________.
3. What does Da tell Charlie as he shakes his hand?
4. How does Charlie say Mother will react to Da's legacy?
5. What is Charlie doing in the present?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)