|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
(c) Self-professed superior mind.
(d) New car.
2. Why is Charlie now mad at Da?
(a) For leaving him so suddenly.
(b) For not telling him he loved him.
(c) For not taking his money.
(d) For not loving Mother properly.
3. From what disease was Da suffering?
4. What does Da think after he receives the legacy?
(a) How the cook got more money than he did.
(b) How sorry he is that he worked for the Master for so long.
(c) How cheap the old bastard was.
(d) The good things he received while the Master was alive.
5. Who follows Young Charlie downstairs?
(c) His dog.
6. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
7. What does Drumm give Charlie that had belonged to Da?
(a) His tools.
(b) A set of golf clubs.
(c) An old jacket.
(d) The fused spectacles.
8. Young Charlie says that Da may not have had money but he had ______________.
9. Who did Da hit in order to get out of one of the nursing homes?
(b) A nurse.
10. Which of the following does Da not say about the way he left this life?
(a) He had enjoyed himself.
(b) He didn't die poor like so many others.
(c) He left money behind.
(d) He died longing to go to America.
11. As a result of her father's death, Mrs. Prynne is _____________________.
(a) giving legacies to the servants.
(b) locked away in mourning.
(c) firing all the servants.
(d) the head of the estate now.
12. How long does Charlie say he had intended to stay at the job at Drumm's?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
13. Who is sitting in the living room when Charlie gets home?
(d) Young Charlie.
14. What does Da offer to Charlie?
(a) Marital advice.
(b) Financial advice.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A cup of tea.
15. How does Da bid Charlie goodbye?
(a) He shakes his hand.
(b) He can't say anything.
(c) He hugs him.
(d) He slaps him on the back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Da gotten the money he left for Charlie?
2. How long had Charlie been working at Drumm's when Young Charlie has a conversation with Drumm?
3. With whom had Charlie had a conversation about moving Da when he was ill?
4. Why has Young Charlie run short of money to buy Da a better gift?
5. To whom is Mother's old friend married?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)