|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Da gotten the money he left for Charlie?
(a) He saved the Master's legacy money.
(b) He saved his pension.
(c) He had a part time job.
(d) Charlie had sent it to him.
2. In the memory, Drumm chastises Young Charlie for __________________.
(a) misfiling a letter.
(b) screwing up an order.
(c) drinking at lunch.
(d) being late again.
3. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(c) Mrs. Prynne.
4. Who follows Charlie around at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(d) Young Charlie.
5. How were the sunglasses melted?
(a) Lying close to a gas grill.
(b) Sitting in the sun for months.
(c) In a fireworks explosion.
(d) In the San Francisco earthquake of 1906.
6. How does Charlie say Mother will react to Da's legacy?
(a) She will be thrilled.
(b) She will be angry that he got so little.
(c) She will demand that it goes into savings.
(d) She will want to go shopping right away.
7. What is Da's job with Mrs. Prynne?
8. Who does Da call to as the scene ends?
(d) Mrs. Prynne.
9. For what does Young Charlie berate Charlie when Da leaves to check on the razor blades?
(a) Not telling Da he loved him.
(b) Not buying Da an electric razor.
(c) Not taking Da to Mother's grave.
(d) Not being around when Da got ill and died.
10. How does Mother bid Charlie goodbye?
(a) She cries.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She can't say anything.
11. Charlie says that Da was always ______________.
12. Who is Mrs. Prynne looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
13. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
(a) Accuses him of being cheap.
(b) Says he never loved Da or Mother.
(c) Tells him he was a loser from the very beginning.
(d) Screams at him to let him alone.
14. Which of the following does Da ask Charlie, whom he thinks is Mother's father?
(a) If he can loan him some money.
(b) If he would put in a good word for him with Mother.
(c) How beautiful Mother is.
(d) How good he would be to Mother.
15. What is Charlie's mood after Drumm gives him the money and the glasses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da tell Charlie as he shakes his hand?
2. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
3. What does Da offer to Charlie?
4. In his final days, Da talked to Charlie as though Charlie were ___________________.
5. Mother tells Da that their being at Charlie's wedding might have _____________________.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)