|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
(a) Cries for days.
(b) Changes the sheets on his bed.
(c) Cleans the kitchen.
(d) Bakes a pie.
2. Who is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Mrs. Peavy.
(b) Mrs. Prynne.
(c) Mrs. Priory.
(d) Mrs. Preston.
3. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
4. Which of the following does Da not do at the end of the play?
(a) Follows Charlie out of the house.
(b) Cries for Mother.
(c) Says that he'll keep up with Charlie.
(d) Sings an Irish song.
5. Why is Charlie now mad at Da?
(a) For not taking his money.
(b) For leaving him so suddenly.
(c) For not telling him he loved him.
(d) For not loving Mother properly.
6. Who does Charlie say is always bothering him?
(a) Young Charlie and Mother.
(b) Young Charlie and Oliver.
(c) Young Charlie and Da.
(d) Da and Mother.
7. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
(a) While praying.
(b) While singing.
(c) While drinking tea.
(d) While peeling potatoes.
8. Who is sitting in the living room when Charlie gets home?
(c) Young Charlie.
9. How long had Charlie been working at Drumm's when Young Charlie has a conversation with Drumm?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Thirteen years.
(d) Six months.
10. Where had Mother taken the glasses?
(a) The antiques shop.
(b) The pawnshop.
(c) The optometrist's shop.
(d) The junk yard.
11. How does Mother bid Charlie goodbye?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She can't say anything.
(d) She cries.
12. Why had Charlie sent the money to Da originally?
(a) For a birthday gift.
(b) For a Father's Day gift.
(c) After he escaped from the second nursing home.
(d) For a retirement gift.
13. What does Young Charlie think of Da's legacy?
(a) He wishes it were more for a family vacation.
(b) He wants to spend it on a new television.
(c) He can't believe how little money Da received.
(d) He is thankful Da was remembered.
14. What type of death do Da and Charlie say that Mother died?
(a) An Irishwoman's death.
(b) A slow, painful death.
(c) A natural death.
(d) An honest death.
15. Where had Da gotten the money he left for Charlie?
(a) He saved the Master's legacy money.
(b) Charlie had sent it to him.
(c) He had a part time job.
(d) He saved his pension.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Charlie around at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
2. In a memory, Mother is late for dinner and _____________.
3. Which of the following does Young Charlie not tell Charlie?
4. How many pounds did Da receive as a legacy?
5. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)