|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only thing Young Charlie could give Da for Christmas one year?
(a) An ashtray.
(b) Six razor blades.
(c) A tie.
(d) A handmade card.
2. Why is Mother in such a good mood in this memory?
(a) She got some beautiful cabbages at the market.
(b) She had run into an old friend.
(c) She got a letter from her sister.
(d) She bought a new dress.
3. What did Da do with the checks Charlie had sent him?
(a) Escaped from two nursing homes.
(b) Bought a new car.
(c) Bought a big screen TV.
(d) Bought an R.V.
4. How long had Charlie been working at Drumm's when Young Charlie has a conversation with Drumm?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Thirteen years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
5. For what reason will Da give some of the legacy money to Young Charlie?
(a) A school trip.
(b) A new suit.
(c) A car.
(d) A wedding present.
6. What did Charlie do with most of Da's papers?
(a) Filed them.
(b) Shredded them.
(c) Burned them.
(d) Threw them away.
7. Who follows Young Charlie downstairs?
(c) His dog.
8. What does Da tell Charlie as he shakes his hand?
(a) Last minute advice.
(b) Write as soon as he can.
(c) How much he loves him.
(d) Travel directions.
9. How many pounds did the cook get as a legacy?
10. In a memory, Mother is late for dinner and _____________.
11. Who is Mrs. Prynne looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
12. Charlie complains that Da gave and gave but would not ______________.
(a) even accept a gift.
(b) love him emotionally.
(c) give to Mother.
(d) accept repayment.
13. For what does Young Charlie berate Charlie when Da leaves to check on the razor blades?
(a) Not buying Da an electric razor.
(b) Not telling Da he loved him.
(c) Not taking Da to Mother's grave.
(d) Not being around when Da got ill and died.
14. Which of the following does Young Charlie not tell Charlie?
(a) He had hoped he would become something more.
(b) Adult Charlie has no life left in him.
(c) Young Charlie never needed to drink.
(d) He should get remarried.
15. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
(a) While peeling potatoes.
(b) While singing.
(c) While drinking tea.
(d) While praying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
2. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
3. What is Charlie's mood after Drumm gives him the money and the glasses?
4. Mother and Da are not going to the wedding because it is too far and __________________.
5. Why is Charlie going away?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)