|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
(a) Cries for days.
(b) Bakes a pie.
(c) Cleans the kitchen.
(d) Changes the sheets on his bed.
2. What does Da say about his papers?
(a) Most of them were useless.
(b) They will come in handy one day.
(c) They are priceless.
(d) They should have been saved for his grandchildren.
3. What was the only thing Young Charlie could give Da for Christmas one year?
(a) A tie.
(b) An ashtray.
(c) A handmade card.
(d) Six razor blades.
4. Why does Da say he will go to England now?
(a) He has never been there.
(b) To make up for not going when he was ill as Charlie had wanted.
(c) He has always wanted to meet the Queen.
(d) He has always wanted to live in a big city.
5. What does Drumm reveal to Charlie?
(a) Drumm was in love with Charlie's Mother.
(b) Da wanted to be cremated.
(c) Drumm has a terminal disease.
(d) Da has left Charlie some money.
6. From what disease was Da suffering?
7. Why is Charlie now mad at Da?
(a) For not loving Mother properly.
(b) For leaving him so suddenly.
(c) For not taking his money.
(d) For not telling him he loved him.
8. Which of the following does Young Charlie not tell Charlie?
(a) Adult Charlie has no life left in him.
(b) He had hoped he would become something more.
(c) Young Charlie never needed to drink.
(d) He should get remarried.
9. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
(a) While singing.
(b) While peeling potatoes.
(c) While praying.
(d) While drinking tea.
10. With whom had Charlie had a conversation about moving Da when he was ill?
(b) Mrs. Prynne.
(c) Da's doctor.
11. How old is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Late Sixties.
(b) Early Twenties.
12. For what reason will Da give some of the legacy money to Young Charlie?
(a) A school trip.
(b) A new suit.
(c) A wedding present.
(d) A car.
13. What is Da's job with Mrs. Prynne?
14. What does Young Charlie think of Da's legacy?
(a) He wants to spend it on a new television.
(b) He can't believe how little money Da received.
(c) He wishes it were more for a family vacation.
(d) He is thankful Da was remembered.
15. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
(a) New car.
(b) Self-professed superior mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
2. What does Da comment about the papers Charlie is taking with him?
3. Which of the following does Da not say about the way he left this life?
4. What did Charlie do with most of Da's papers?
5. What does Charlie call Da when he offers Charlie a handkerchief?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)