|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Young Charlie downstairs?
(b) His dog.
2. What does Da do when Mother says she always preferred Ernie to him?
(a) Raises his fist to hit her.
(b) Screams at her.
(d) Slaps her.
3. Who did Da hit in order to get out of one of the nursing homes?
(d) A nurse.
4. What does Da bring into the living room in the present memory?
(c) Razor blades.
(d) Snow globe.
5. Mother and Da are not going to the wedding because it is too far and __________________.
(a) they can't get off work.
(b) they can't afford it.
(c) Da is unwell.
(d) they don't like to stay in hotels.
6. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
(a) Self-professed superior mind.
(c) New car.
7. What does Da do when Charlie cuts himself?
(a) Gives him a bandage.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) Offers him a handkerchief.
(d) Calls him stupid.
8. What does Da comment about the papers Charlie is taking with him?
(a) How important they are.
(b) How inconsequential they are.
(c) How private they are.
(d) How few he has.
9. How many pounds did Da receive as a legacy?
10. Who is Mrs. Prynne looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
11. Which of the following does Young Charlie not tell Charlie?
(a) He should get remarried.
(b) He had hoped he would become something more.
(c) Young Charlie never needed to drink.
(d) Adult Charlie has no life left in him.
12. What does Da offer to Charlie?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) Financial advice.
(d) Marital advice.
13. For what does Young Charlie berate Charlie when Da leaves to check on the razor blades?
(a) Not telling Da he loved him.
(b) Not being around when Da got ill and died.
(c) Not buying Da an electric razor.
(d) Not taking Da to Mother's grave.
14. Charlie says that Da was always ______________.
15. Who follows Charlie around at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(d) Young Charlie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Charlie say he had intended to stay at the job at Drumm's?
2. What does Young Charlie think of Da's legacy?
3. Mother tells Da that their being at Charlie's wedding might have _____________________.
4. For what reason will Da give some of the legacy money to Young Charlie?
5. Who does Charlie say is always bothering him?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)