|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie's mood after Drumm gives him the money and the glasses?
2. What does Charlie try to crush?
(b) A beer can.
(c) The spectacles sculpture.
3. What does Da do before he turns lucid again?
(a) Sings an Irish song.
(c) Strips off all his clothes.
(d) Swears in French.
4. In his final days, Da talked to Charlie as though Charlie were ___________________.
(a) Mother's father.
(d) A priest.
5. What does Da do when Charlie cuts himself?
(a) Gives him a bandage.
(b) Offers him a handkerchief.
(c) Calls him stupid.
(d) He does nothing.
6. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(d) Mrs. Prynne.
7. Charlie says that Da was always ______________.
8. What memento does Mrs. Prynne give Charlie?
(a) A Faberge egg.
(b) A clump of fused sunglasses.
(c) A nautical paperweight.
(d) A tiki head.
9. Mother tells Da that their being at Charlie's wedding might have _____________________.
(a) been the highlight of their lives.
(b) been the trip they needed.
(c) been the right thing to do.
(d) been a hindrance to his marriage.
10. What happens when Charlie tries to crush the sculpture?
(a) It falls to the floor.
(b) He cuts himself.
(c) He cries.
(d) It breaks apart.
11. From where has Charlie just come?
(a) A bar.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
12. Where had Mother taken the glasses?
(a) The junk yard.
(b) The pawnshop.
(c) The optometrist's shop.
(d) The antiques shop.
13. What happened to the sunglasses given to Da?
(a) They were stepped on.
(b) They were melted.
(c) They were cracked.
(d) They were lost.
14. Why is Charlie now mad at Da?
(a) For not loving Mother properly.
(b) For not telling him he loved him.
(c) For leaving him so suddenly.
(d) For not taking his money.
15. Which of the following does Da not do at the end of the play?
(a) Cries for Mother.
(b) Says that he'll keep up with Charlie.
(c) Sings an Irish song.
(d) Follows Charlie out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da bring into the living room in the present memory?
2. What does Da tell Charlie as he shakes his hand?
3. How many pounds did the cook get as a legacy?
4. Which of the following does Da ask Charlie, whom he thinks is Mother's father?
5. From what disease was Da suffering?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)