|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mother bid Charlie goodbye?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She can't say anything.
(c) She cries.
(d) She hugs him.
2. How long had Charlie been working at Drumm's when Young Charlie has a conversation with Drumm?
(a) Three years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Thirteen years.
(d) Six months.
3. Where does Da say he will go now?
4. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(d) Mrs. Prynne.
5. What did Da do with the checks Charlie had sent him?
(a) Bought an R.V.
(b) Bought a big screen TV.
(c) Bought a new car.
(d) Escaped from two nursing homes.
6. What does Da think after he receives the legacy?
(a) How sorry he is that he worked for the Master for so long.
(b) The good things he received while the Master was alive.
(c) How the cook got more money than he did.
(d) How cheap the old bastard was.
7. Who follows Charlie around at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(c) Young Charlie.
8. In his final days, Da talked to Charlie as though Charlie were ___________________.
(b) Mother's father.
(c) A priest.
9. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
(a) Says he never loved Da or Mother.
(b) Tells him he was a loser from the very beginning.
(c) Screams at him to let him alone.
(d) Accuses him of being cheap.
10. What does Da say about his papers?
(a) They are priceless.
(b) Most of them were useless.
(c) They will come in handy one day.
(d) They should have been saved for his grandchildren.
11. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
(a) While praying.
(b) While peeling potatoes.
(c) While drinking tea.
(d) While singing.
12. Where had Mother taken the glasses?
(a) The junk yard.
(b) The optometrist's shop.
(c) The pawnshop.
(d) The antiques shop.
13. What is Da's job with Mrs. Prynne?
14. How many pounds did the cook get as a legacy?
15. Charlie complains that Da gave and gave but would not ______________.
(a) love him emotionally.
(b) even accept a gift.
(c) accept repayment.
(d) give to Mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Da not say about the way he left this life?
2. From what disease was Da suffering?
3. How does Charlie say Mother will react to Da's legacy?
4. Drumm says that Da may have been ignorant but ______________________.
5. What was the only thing Young Charlie could give Da for Christmas one year?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)