|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
(a) While peeling potatoes.
(b) While singing.
(c) While drinking tea.
(d) While praying.
2. What happens when Charlie tries to crush the sculpture?
(a) It breaks apart.
(b) He cries.
(c) It falls to the floor.
(d) He cuts himself.
3. In a memory, Mother is late for dinner and _____________.
4. What did Charlie do with most of Da's papers?
(a) Shredded them.
(b) Threw them away.
(c) Filed them.
(d) Burned them.
5. Why is Mother in such a good mood in this memory?
(a) She got some beautiful cabbages at the market.
(b) She bought a new dress.
(c) She got a letter from her sister.
(d) She had run into an old friend.
6. For what does Young Charlie berate Charlie when Da leaves to check on the razor blades?
(a) Not taking Da to Mother's grave.
(b) Not telling Da he loved him.
(c) Not buying Da an electric razor.
(d) Not being around when Da got ill and died.
7. What does Young Charlie call Mrs. Prynne?
(a) Her majesty.
(b) The mistress.
(c) HRH the Queen.
(d) Your Royal Highness.
8. What does Drumm reveal to Charlie?
(a) Drumm has a terminal disease.
(b) Drumm was in love with Charlie's Mother.
(c) Da has left Charlie some money.
(d) Da wanted to be cremated.
9. What did Da do with the checks Charlie had sent him?
(a) Bought a new car.
(b) Bought an R.V.
(c) Bought a big screen TV.
(d) Escaped from two nursing homes.
10. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
11. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(b) Mrs. Prynne.
12. To whom does Da say he will give some of the legacy money?
(c) The church.
13. What does Charlie call Da when he offers Charlie a handkerchief?
14. Drumm says that Da may have been ignorant but ______________________.
(a) he was a good man.
(b) he was happy.
(c) he was kind.
(d) he was loving.
15. Where had Mother taken the glasses?
(a) The optometrist's shop.
(b) The pawnshop.
(c) The antiques shop.
(d) The junk yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Da's job with Mrs. Prynne?
2. Which of the following does Young Charlie not tell Charlie?
3. What does Da rifle through?
4. Who follows Young Charlie downstairs?
5. Who is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)