|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlie says that Da was always ______________.
2. In his final days, Da talked to Charlie as though Charlie were ___________________.
(a) Mother's father.
(c) A priest.
3. Mother and Da are not going to the wedding because it is too far and __________________.
(a) they can't afford it.
(b) Da is unwell.
(c) they can't get off work.
(d) they don't like to stay in hotels.
4. To where had Charlie wanted to move Da when he was ill?
5. Who follows Charlie around at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(b) Young Charlie.
6. Which of the following does Young Charlie not tell Charlie?
(a) He should get remarried.
(b) Young Charlie never needed to drink.
(c) He had hoped he would become something more.
(d) Adult Charlie has no life left in him.
7. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
(a) While drinking tea.
(b) While praying.
(c) While singing.
(d) While peeling potatoes.
8. What happens when Charlie tries to crush the sculpture?
(a) He cries.
(b) He cuts himself.
(c) It breaks apart.
(d) It falls to the floor.
9. What does Young Charlie call Mrs. Prynne?
(a) Your Royal Highness.
(b) The mistress.
(c) Her majesty.
(d) HRH the Queen.
10. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(d) Mrs. Prynne.
11. Why is Charlie now mad at Da?
(a) For not telling him he loved him.
(b) For not loving Mother properly.
(c) For leaving him so suddenly.
(d) For not taking his money.
12. For what reason will Da give some of the legacy money to Young Charlie?
(a) A school trip.
(b) A new suit.
(c) A wedding present.
(d) A car.
13. Who is sitting in the living room when Charlie gets home?
(d) Young Charlie.
14. What does Da do when Charlie cuts himself?
(a) Calls him stupid.
(b) Offers him a handkerchief.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) Gives him a bandage.
15. To whom does Da say he will give some of the legacy money?
(a) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da think after he receives the legacy?
2. What is Charlie doing in the present?
3. What does Da do when Mother says she always preferred Ernie to him?
4. What does Da comment about the papers Charlie is taking with him?
5. What happened to the sunglasses given to Da?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)