|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his final days, Da talked to Charlie as though Charlie were ___________________.
(b) A priest.
(c) Mother's father.
2. What does Da do when Charlie cuts himself?
(a) Offers him a handkerchief.
(b) Gives him a bandage.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) Calls him stupid.
3. What does Da say about his papers?
(a) They will come in handy one day.
(b) They should have been saved for his grandchildren.
(c) Most of them were useless.
(d) They are priceless.
4. What does Da bring into the living room in the present memory?
(b) Razor blades.
(d) Snow globe.
5. Who does Da call to as the scene ends?
(a) Mrs. Prynne.
6. What does Da think after he receives the legacy?
(a) How cheap the old bastard was.
(b) How the cook got more money than he did.
(c) The good things he received while the Master was alive.
(d) How sorry he is that he worked for the Master for so long.
7. How were the sunglasses melted?
(a) Sitting in the sun for months.
(b) Lying close to a gas grill.
(c) In the San Francisco earthquake of 1906.
(d) In a fireworks explosion.
8. Which of the following does Da not say about the way he left this life?
(a) He didn't die poor like so many others.
(b) He died longing to go to America.
(c) He left money behind.
(d) He had enjoyed himself.
9. What does Drumm give Charlie that had belonged to Da?
(a) The fused spectacles.
(b) A set of golf clubs.
(c) His tools.
(d) An old jacket.
10. Why is Charlie going away?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To go to college.
(c) To start a job.
(d) To get married.
11. Why is Mother in such a good mood in this memory?
(a) She had run into an old friend.
(b) She got some beautiful cabbages at the market.
(c) She got a letter from her sister.
(d) She bought a new dress.
12. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
(a) Self-professed superior mind.
(b) New car.
13. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(b) Mrs. Prynne.
14. For what does Young Charlie berate Charlie when Da leaves to check on the razor blades?
(a) Not buying Da an electric razor.
(b) Not taking Da to Mother's grave.
(c) Not telling Da he loved him.
(d) Not being around when Da got ill and died.
15. What is Da's job with Mrs. Prynne?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Da say he will go now?
2. For what reason will Da give some of the legacy money to Young Charlie?
3. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
4. Mother and Da are not going to the wedding because it is too far and __________________.
5. To where had Charlie wanted to move Da when he was ill?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)