|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drumm says that Da may have been ignorant but ______________________.
(a) he was kind.
(b) he was loving.
(c) he was a good man.
(d) he was happy.
2. What does Da say about his papers?
(a) Most of them were useless.
(b) They will come in handy one day.
(c) They are priceless.
(d) They should have been saved for his grandchildren.
3. Who follows Charlie around at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(d) Young Charlie.
4. What does Charlie try to crush?
(a) The spectacles sculpture.
(d) A beer can.
5. Why has Young Charlie run short of money to buy Da a better gift?
(a) He spent most of his money on a girl.
(b) He couldn't get to the mall.
(c) His wallet was stolen.
(d) He lost his job.
6. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
(a) Says he never loved Da or Mother.
(b) Tells him he was a loser from the very beginning.
(c) Screams at him to let him alone.
(d) Accuses him of being cheap.
7. How many pounds did the cook get as a legacy?
8. What does Drumm reveal to Charlie?
(a) Da has left Charlie some money.
(b) Drumm has a terminal disease.
(c) Da wanted to be cremated.
(d) Drumm was in love with Charlie's Mother.
9. What did Da do with the checks Charlie had sent him?
(a) Bought a new car.
(b) Bought a big screen TV.
(c) Bought an R.V.
(d) Escaped from two nursing homes.
10. Who is sitting in the living room when Charlie gets home?
(d) Young Charlie.
11. To where had Charlie wanted to move Da when he was ill?
12. How old is Drumm when he appears in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) In his seventies.
(b) In his eighties.
(c) In his fifties.
(d) In his sixties.
13. What does Da do before he turns lucid again?
(a) Sings an Irish song.
(c) Swears in French.
(d) Strips off all his clothes.
14. Mother and Da are not going to the wedding because it is too far and __________________.
(a) they can't get off work.
(b) they can't afford it.
(c) they don't like to stay in hotels.
(d) Da is unwell.
15. From where has Charlie just come?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
2. Who does Charlie say is always bothering him?
3. Who is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
4. Why is Mother in such a good mood in this memory?
5. Who did Da hit in order to get out of one of the nursing homes?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)