|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Da say he will go to England now?
(a) To make up for not going when he was ill as Charlie had wanted.
(b) He has never been there.
(c) He has always wanted to meet the Queen.
(d) He has always wanted to live in a big city.
2. Charlie says that Da was always ______________.
3. As a result of her father's death, Mrs. Prynne is _____________________.
(a) firing all the servants.
(b) locked away in mourning.
(c) the head of the estate now.
(d) giving legacies to the servants.
4. Where had Da gotten the money he left for Charlie?
(a) He saved his pension.
(b) Charlie had sent it to him.
(c) He had a part time job.
(d) He saved the Master's legacy money.
5. What does Da tell Charlie as he shakes his hand?
(a) How much he loves him.
(b) Write as soon as he can.
(c) Travel directions.
(d) Last minute advice.
6. From where has Charlie just come?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A bar.
(d) A wedding.
7. What is Charlie doing in the present?
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Working on papers.
8. What does Drumm reveal to Charlie?
(a) Da wanted to be cremated.
(b) Da has left Charlie some money.
(c) Drumm was in love with Charlie's Mother.
(d) Drumm has a terminal disease.
9. What did Charlie do that made Drumm never speak to him at work again?
(a) Ran over his dog.
(b) Had an affair with his wife.
(c) Wrote bad checks.
(d) Crossed the street to avoid meeting him.
10. In a memory, Mother is late for dinner and _____________.
11. In the memory, Drumm chastises Young Charlie for __________________.
(a) drinking at lunch.
(b) misfiling a letter.
(c) being late again.
(d) screwing up an order.
12. Which of the following does Da not do at the end of the play?
(a) Says that he'll keep up with Charlie.
(b) Cries for Mother.
(c) Sings an Irish song.
(d) Follows Charlie out of the house.
13. Mother tells Da that their being at Charlie's wedding might have _____________________.
(a) been the right thing to do.
(b) been the trip they needed.
(c) been the highlight of their lives.
(d) been a hindrance to his marriage.
14. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
(c) Mrs. Prynne.
15. What does Da say about his papers?
(a) They will come in handy one day.
(b) They should have been saved for his grandchildren.
(c) They are priceless.
(d) Most of them were useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Da say he will go now?
2. Which of the following does Da ask Charlie, whom he thinks is Mother's father?
3. In his final days, Da talked to Charlie as though Charlie were ___________________.
4. What is Da's job with Mrs. Prynne?
5. Drumm says that Da may have been ignorant but ______________________.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)