|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only thing Young Charlie could give Da for Christmas one year?
(a) An ashtray.
(b) A handmade card.
(c) Six razor blades.
(d) A tie.
2. How many pounds did Da receive as a legacy?
3. How does Da bid Charlie goodbye?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He shakes his hand.
(c) He slaps him on the back.
(d) He can't say anything.
4. What memento does Mrs. Prynne give Charlie?
(a) A nautical paperweight.
(b) A Faberge egg.
(c) A clump of fused sunglasses.
(d) A tiki head.
5. Which of the following does Da not do at the end of the play?
(a) Says that he'll keep up with Charlie.
(b) Sings an Irish song.
(c) Cries for Mother.
(d) Follows Charlie out of the house.
6. What does Da bring into the living room in the present memory?
(a) Snow globe.
(d) Razor blades.
7. Who is Mrs. Prynne looking for in Act 2, Part 2?
8. Why is Charlie going away?
(a) To start a job.
(b) To go to college.
(c) To get married.
(d) To visit friends.
9. What happens when Charlie tries to crush the sculpture?
(a) He cries.
(b) It falls to the floor.
(c) It breaks apart.
(d) He cuts himself.
10. Charlie says that Da was always ______________.
11. What does Da offer to Charlie?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) Marital advice.
(c) Financial advice.
(d) A cup of tea.
12. For what does Young Charlie berate Charlie when Da leaves to check on the razor blades?
(a) Not buying Da an electric razor.
(b) Not telling Da he loved him.
(c) Not being around when Da got ill and died.
(d) Not taking Da to Mother's grave.
13. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
(a) While praying.
(b) While peeling potatoes.
(c) While drinking tea.
(d) While singing.
14. Why does Da say he will go to England now?
(a) He has never been there.
(b) He has always wanted to meet the Queen.
(c) He has always wanted to live in a big city.
(d) To make up for not going when he was ill as Charlie had wanted.
15. As a result of her father's death, Mrs. Prynne is _____________________.
(a) the head of the estate now.
(b) locked away in mourning.
(c) firing all the servants.
(d) giving legacies to the servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Charlie been working at Drumm's when Young Charlie has a conversation with Drumm?
2. What is Da's job with Mrs. Prynne?
3. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
4. Which of the following does Young Charlie not tell Charlie?
5. With whom had Charlie had a conversation about moving Da when he was ill?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)