|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Da gotten the money he left for Charlie?
(a) He had a part time job.
(b) He saved his pension.
(c) He saved the Master's legacy money.
(d) Charlie had sent it to him.
2. What is Charlie's mood after Drumm gives him the money and the glasses?
3. Who does Charlie say is always bothering him?
(a) Young Charlie and Da.
(b) Young Charlie and Mother.
(c) Da and Mother.
(d) Young Charlie and Oliver.
4. What did Da do with the checks Charlie had sent him?
(a) Escaped from two nursing homes.
(b) Bought an R.V.
(c) Bought a new car.
(d) Bought a big screen TV.
5. Who is sitting in the living room when Charlie gets home?
(c) Young Charlie.
6. How old is Drumm when he appears in Act 2, Part 4?
(a) In his seventies.
(b) In his eighties.
(c) In his fifties.
(d) In his sixties.
7. What does Drumm give Charlie that had belonged to Da?
(a) The fused spectacles.
(b) A set of golf clubs.
(c) His tools.
(d) An old jacket.
8. What did Charlie do that made Drumm never speak to him at work again?
(a) Ran over his dog.
(b) Crossed the street to avoid meeting him.
(c) Had an affair with his wife.
(d) Wrote bad checks.
9. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
(a) New car.
(c) Self-professed superior mind.
10. How does Charlie retaliate for Young Charlie's accusations?
(a) Tells him he was a loser from the very beginning.
(b) Accuses him of being cheap.
(c) Says he never loved Da or Mother.
(d) Screams at him to let him alone.
11. Which of the following does Da not do at the end of the play?
(a) Sings an Irish song.
(b) Follows Charlie out of the house.
(c) Says that he'll keep up with Charlie.
(d) Cries for Mother.
12. Who follows Charlie around at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(b) Young Charlie.
13. Which of the following does Da not say about the way he left this life?
(a) He didn't die poor like so many others.
(b) He left money behind.
(c) He had enjoyed himself.
(d) He died longing to go to America.
14. What does Drumm reveal to Charlie?
(a) Da wanted to be cremated.
(b) Da has left Charlie some money.
(c) Drumm has a terminal disease.
(d) Drumm was in love with Charlie's Mother.
15. What does Da do when Charlie cuts himself?
(a) Gives him a bandage.
(b) Calls him stupid.
(c) Offers him a handkerchief.
(d) He does nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlie had _______________ but never liked him.
2. Who calls for Young Charlie at the beginning of Act 2, Part 3?
3. How long had Charlie been working at Drumm's when Young Charlie has a conversation with Drumm?
4. How long does Charlie say he had intended to stay at the job at Drumm's?
5. What type of death do Da and Charlie say that Mother died?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)