|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie call Da when he offers Charlie a handkerchief?
2. How were the sunglasses melted?
(a) In a fireworks explosion.
(b) In the San Francisco earthquake of 1906.
(c) Sitting in the sun for months.
(d) Lying close to a gas grill.
3. How long does Charlie say he had intended to stay at the job at Drumm's?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Two years.
4. In his final days, Da talked to Charlie as though Charlie were ___________________.
(b) A priest.
(c) Mother's father.
5. In the memory, Drumm chastises Young Charlie for __________________.
(a) misfiling a letter.
(b) screwing up an order.
(c) drinking at lunch.
(d) being late again.
6. Who does Charlie say is always bothering him?
(a) Da and Mother.
(b) Young Charlie and Oliver.
(c) Young Charlie and Da.
(d) Young Charlie and Mother.
7. What did Charlie do with most of Da's papers?
(a) Shredded them.
(b) Burned them.
(c) Threw them away.
(d) Filed them.
8. Which of the following does Da not say about the way he left this life?
(a) He died longing to go to America.
(b) He had enjoyed himself.
(c) He left money behind.
(d) He didn't die poor like so many others.
9. Why is Charlie going away?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To start a job.
(c) To go to college.
(d) To get married.
10. What does Charlie try to crush?
(c) The spectacles sculpture.
(d) A beer can.
11. Mother and Da are not going to the wedding because it is too far and __________________.
(a) they don't like to stay in hotels.
(b) they can't afford it.
(c) they can't get off work.
(d) Da is unwell.
12. Why had Charlie sent the money to Da originally?
(a) For a retirement gift.
(b) After he escaped from the second nursing home.
(c) For a Father's Day gift.
(d) For a birthday gift.
13. What is Da's job with Mrs. Prynne?
14. Which of the following does Da ask Charlie, whom he thinks is Mother's father?
(a) If he can loan him some money.
(b) How beautiful Mother is.
(c) If he would put in a good word for him with Mother.
(d) How good he would be to Mother.
15. Who follows Charlie around at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(d) Young Charlie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da say about his papers?
2. How many pounds did Da receive as a legacy?
3. To where had Charlie wanted to move Da when he was ill?
4. How does Mother bid Charlie goodbye?
5. Who did Da hit in order to get out of one of the nursing homes?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)