|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of death do Da and Charlie say that Mother died?
(a) An honest death.
(b) A slow, painful death.
(c) An Irishwoman's death.
(d) A natural death.
2. What is Charlie's condition at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
3. Charlie complains that Da gave and gave but would not ______________.
(a) love him emotionally.
(b) give to Mother.
(c) even accept a gift.
(d) accept repayment.
4. Who follows Young Charlie downstairs?
(c) His dog.
5. Where does Da say he will go now?
6. What does Da tell Charlie as he shakes his hand?
(a) Write as soon as he can.
(b) Travel directions.
(c) How much he loves him.
(d) Last minute advice.
7. Why has Young Charlie run short of money to buy Da a better gift?
(a) He couldn't get to the mall.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) He spent most of his money on a girl.
(d) His wallet was stolen.
8. What does Mother do after Charlie leaves to get married?
(a) Changes the sheets on his bed.
(b) Cries for days.
(c) Bakes a pie.
(d) Cleans the kitchen.
9. What does Da rifle through?
(a) His sock drawer.
(b) The magazines on a table.
(c) Charlie's briefcase.
(d) The kitchen cupboards.
10. To where had Charlie wanted to move Da when he was ill?
11. In a memory, Mother is late for dinner and _____________.
12. Who follows Charlie around at the beginning of Act 2, Part 1?
(b) Young Charlie.
13. What does Young Charlie think of Da's legacy?
(a) He can't believe how little money Da received.
(b) He wants to spend it on a new television.
(c) He is thankful Da was remembered.
(d) He wishes it were more for a family vacation.
14. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
(c) New car.
(d) Self-professed superior mind.
15. To whom does Da say he will give some of the legacy money?
(c) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie doing in the present?
2. Drumm says that Da may have been ignorant but ______________________.
3. Where had Da gotten the money he left for Charlie?
4. What does Charlie call Da when he offers Charlie a handkerchief?
5. What did Charlie do that made Drumm never speak to him at work again?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)