|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
(a) driving lessons.
(b) a new coat.
(c) a job reference.
(d) some football tickets.
2. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
(a) a nuisance.
(b) a waste of time.
(c) a done deal.
(d) a job interview.
3. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
(a) To borrow a lawn mower.
(b) To return a shovel.
(c) To pick up mail.
(d) To offer condolences.
4. What is the theme of DA as dramatized in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) There is no escaping the past.
(b) Beer and women should always be warm.
(c) Love your parents before they die.
(d) Once a loser, always a loser.
5. What is the name of the young woman who appears with Charlie in Act 1, Part 3?
6. What does Charlie remind Young Charlie about Drumm?
(a) He is a Chief Clerk.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He is an idiot.
(d) He really respected him.
7. Which of the following did Da not do while courting Mother?
(a) Brought her flowers.
(b) Said he had a good job.
(c) Said he wanted to marry her.
(d) Came to her house.
8. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
(b) International travel is character building.
(c) He is too bright not to continue his education.
(d) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
9. Who has recently died?
(a) Charlie's mother.
(b) Charlie's father.
(c) Charlie's son.
(d) Oliver's father.
10. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
(a) He is going back to London.
(b) He has disposed of Da's belongings.
(c) He wants to live in Da's house.
(d) He is going to sort out Da's papers.
11. Why does Mother take the letter?
(a) To burn it.
(b) To tear it up.
(c) To rewrite it.
(d) To mail it.
12. How does Adult Charlie realize his Mother and Da expressed their love?
13. How does Mary respond to Da's question?
(a) She doesn't say anything.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She tells him to mind his own business.
(d) She gets upset.
14. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
(a) If he wants to play cards.
(b) If he wants to come over for dinner.
(c) If he wants to go out for a beer.
(d) If he can help him get Da's house.
15. Where does Oliver want Young Charlie to go with him?
(a) The pool hall.
(b) The rugby game.
(c) The library.
(d) The malt shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Young Charlie's birth mother __________________.
2. Where does Drumm suggest that Da and Mother send Young Charlie?
3. Who is the main character of DA?
4. What cannot be said about Da after this scene with Mary?
5. What does Mary do when Young Charlie puts his hand on her knee?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)