|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do when Young Charlie puts his hand on her knee?
(a) She screams.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She puts her hand on his knee.
2. What does Young Charlie decide to do instead of going out with Mary?
(a) Help his Mother with chores.
(b) Play cards with some buddies.
(c) Meet Oliver at the pool hall.
(d) Have a few beers at the pub.
3. How did Mother respond to Da's marriage proposal?
(a) She told him no at first.
(b) She had no say in the matter.
(c) She said yes immediately.
(d) She said she would have to think about it.
4. Who does Charlie say told him that what Da said about Charlie's birth mother wasn't true?
(c) His aunt.
(d) His adoptive mother.
5. Da begged for a job to get money for __________________.
(a) clothes for Young Charlie.
(d) Mother's medical bills.
6. In the first memory of Act 1, Part 4 what childhood memory does Charlie have?
(a) Playing pool with Da.
(b) Walking with Da.
(c) Raking leaves with Da.
(d) Playing cards with Da.
7. What does Mother explain to Young Charlie about her life?
(a) She loved him from the moment she saw him.
(b) She had been in love with someone else.
(c) She never really wanted children.
(d) She could not get pregnant.
8. What does Charlie realize after the scene with Mary?
(a) She was really ugly.
(b) He dodged a bullet by not getting involved with her.
(c) He was a fool to have wanted her.
(d) Da didn't deliberately ruin his chances with her.
9. Which of the following does Mary not do when Charlie rebuffs her?
(a) Calls him a name.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Leaves disappointed.
10. What does Mother tell Da to do with Young Charlie regarding the letter?
(a) Make him write another one.
(b) Make it longer.
(c) Mail it before he changes it again.
(d) Make it shorter.
11. Who has recently died?
(a) Oliver's father.
(b) Charlie's son.
(c) Charlie's father.
(d) Charlie's mother.
12. What does Da ask Mary?
(a) If she wants to have dinner at their house.
(b) If she goes to church regularly.
(c) Where her father is.
(d) What kind of grades she gets.
13. What is the reason for Young Charlie's letter?
(a) Declaration of love.
(b) Request to get married.
(c) Father's Day greeting.
(d) Gratitude for a job offer.
14. Where does Drumm ask Young Charlie to go with him?
(a) To a rugby game.
(b) To the office.
(c) To the pub.
(d) For a walk.
15. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
(a) Wash his hair.
(b) Change his shirt.
(c) Brush his teeth.
(d) Take a shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie feel keeps him from being successful?
2. What job does Charlie's birth mother do?
3. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
4. What had the doctor said when Young Charlie was born?
5. Which of the following do Charlie and Oliver not talk about?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)