|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
(a) He has disposed of Da's belongings.
(b) He wants to live in Da's house.
(c) He is going back to London.
(d) He is going to sort out Da's papers.
2. Where does Drumm ask Young Charlie to go with him?
(a) For a walk.
(b) To a rugby game.
(c) To the pub.
(d) To the office.
3. What does Charlie tell Da about Mary?
(a) She was a straight-A student.
(b) She was the oldest of ten children.
(c) Every boy in school wanted to be with her.
(d) He wanted to marry her.
4. Why did all the boys want to be with Mary?
(a) She really liked to drink beer.
(b) There were rumors that she let boys have sex with her.
(c) She loved watching rugby games.
(d) She had a great sense of humor.
5. Which of the following did Da not do while courting Mother?
(a) Brought her flowers.
(b) Said he had a good job.
(c) Came to her house.
(d) Said he wanted to marry her.
6. What does Mother reveal to Drumm which is overheard by Young Charlie?
(a) Young Charlie has a terminal illness.
(b) Young Charlie was adopted.
(c) Young Charlie is being sent back to his birth parents.
(d) Young Charlie is not bright enough to go to college.
7. What does Mother explain to Young Charlie about her life?
(a) She never really wanted children.
(b) She loved him from the moment she saw him.
(c) She had been in love with someone else.
(d) She could not get pregnant.
8. What does Mary become in Young Charlie's eyes?
(a) A person.
(b) A child.
(c) A saint.
(d) A whore.
9. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
(b) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
(c) He refused to give him a reference.
(d) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
10. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
(a) driving lessons.
(b) some football tickets.
(c) a new coat.
(d) a job reference.
11. Why does Mother take the letter?
(a) To tear it up.
(b) To burn it.
(c) To rewrite it.
(d) To mail it.
12. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
13. Who is Oliver?
(a) Charlie's friend.
(b) Charlie's boss.
(c) Drumm's father-in-law.
(d) Charlie's son.
14. Who takes the letter from Young Charlie?
15. What name does Mary call Young Charlie?
(b) Son of a Bitch.
(c) Daddy's Boy.
(d) Daddy's Little Baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
2. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
3. In the first memory of Act 1, Part 4 what childhood memory does Charlie have?
4. What does Charlie realize after the scene with Mary?
5. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)