|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
(c) love affairs.
2. Da begged for a job to get money for __________________.
(a) Mother's medical bills.
(d) clothes for Young Charlie.
3. Young Charlie tells Charlie that Mother and Da always _____________ around Drumm.
4. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
(a) the weather.
(b) Charlie's suit.
(c) the neighbors.
(d) the Prime Minister.
5. Who has recently died?
(a) Charlie's father.
(b) Charlie's mother.
(c) Oliver's father.
(d) Charlie's son.
6. The last thing Young Charlie wanted was ______________________.
(a) to fall in love.
(b) to get engaged.
(c) to have sex.
(d) to be with a person.
7. How many sons did Drumm have?
8. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
(a) Brush his teeth.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Change his shirt.
(d) Wash his hair.
9. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
(a) A real inspiration.
(b) A millstone.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) A blessing.
10. Young Charlie's birth mother __________________.
(a) tried to abort him.
(b) prayed for a good family for him.
(c) was too young to keep him.
(d) kept him as long as she could.
11. Da tells Charlie that he never told him _______________.
(a) a lie.
(b) he loved him.
(c) about his birth mother.
(d) about sex.
12. What name does Mary call Young Charlie?
(a) Son of a Bitch.
(b) Daddy's Little Baby.
(c) Daddy's Boy.
13. "Da" is an Irish term for ____________.
14. What is Mary doing when Young Charlie and Oliver appear?
(a) Sitting on a bench reading.
(b) Praying in church.
(c) Playing soccer.
(d) Studying at the library.
15. What does Mary tell Young Charlie after Da leaves?
(a) He's a great guy.
(b) He's senile.
(c) He's nosy.
(d) He's an idiot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
2. What is Young Charlie determined to do?
3. What had Drumm given Da a couple of weeks before Da died?
4. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
5. Who is the main character of DA?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)