|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Da not do while courting Mother?
(a) Said he wanted to marry her.
(b) Said he had a good job.
(c) Brought her flowers.
(d) Came to her house.
2. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
(a) Of course you do.
(b) Why shouldn't you?
(c) Back at you, son.
(d) And I'm glad of it.
3. Where was Charlie when his father died?
4. In the first memory of Act 1, Part 4 what childhood memory does Charlie have?
(a) Walking with Da.
(b) Raking leaves with Da.
(c) Playing cards with Da.
(d) Playing pool with Da.
5. What does Mary say she will do with Young Charlie?
(a) Ride bikes.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Go out with him.
6. In what terms does Young Charlie no longer view Mary?
(a) The love of his life.
(b) Just someone to have sex with.
(c) A chaste girl.
(d) The most beautiful girl he's ever seen.
7. What does Mary do when Young Charlie puts his hand on her knee?
(a) She screams.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She puts her hand on his knee.
(d) She runs away.
8. What is Mary doing when Young Charlie and Oliver appear?
(a) Sitting on a bench reading.
(b) Playing soccer.
(c) Praying in church.
(d) Studying at the library.
9. What does Drumm advise Young Charlie not to talk about to anyone?
(a) His parents.
(b) His medical condition.
(c) His adoption.
(d) His grades.
10. What does Charlie feel keeps him from being successful?
(a) Memories of Da.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Lack of education.
(d) No ambition.
11. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
(a) a job reference.
(b) driving lessons.
(c) a new coat.
(d) some football tickets.
12. In what country does DA take place?
13. The last thing Young Charlie wanted was ______________________.
(a) to get engaged.
(b) to have sex.
(c) to fall in love.
(d) to be with a person.
14. Who does Charlie say told him that what Da said about Charlie's birth mother wasn't true?
(b) His adoptive mother.
(d) His aunt.
15. What job does Charlie's birth mother do?
(d) Sales person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has recently died?
2. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
3. Why does Mother take the letter?
4. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
5. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)