|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Da tell adult Charlie about a particular cliff?
(a) He almost slipped and fell there one time.
(b) The devil himself had visited it.
(c) A girl fell to her death there when he was a boy.
(d) It is called Lover's Leap.
2. What is Young Charlie determined to do?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Get better grades.
(d) Ask Mary out.
3. As an adult, Charlie angrily says that he shouldn't love Da because he ______________.
(a) betrayed him.
(b) let him down too many times.
(c) is a liar.
(d) cheated on his mother.
4. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
(a) If he wants to play cards.
(b) If he wants to come over for dinner.
(c) If he wants to go out for a beer.
(d) If he can help him get Da's house.
5. Where was Charlie when his father died?
6. How did Mother respond to Da's marriage proposal?
(a) She said yes immediately.
(b) She said she would have to think about it.
(c) She told him no at first.
(d) She had no say in the matter.
7. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
(a) a job reference.
(b) driving lessons.
(c) some football tickets.
(d) a new coat.
8. Which of the following did Da not do while courting Mother?
(a) Said he had a good job.
(b) Brought her flowers.
(c) Came to her house.
(d) Said he wanted to marry her.
9. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
(a) To offer condolences.
(b) To pick up mail.
(c) To borrow a lawn mower.
(d) To return a shovel.
10. What is the reason for Young Charlie's letter?
(a) Declaration of love.
(b) Request to get married.
(c) Gratitude for a job offer.
(d) Father's Day greeting.
11. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
(a) Reading the paper.
(b) Ironing a shirt.
(c) Making tea.
12. What job does Charlie's birth mother do?
(a) Sales person.
13. Where does Oliver want Young Charlie to go with him?
(a) The rugby game.
(b) The library.
(c) The malt shop.
(d) The pool hall.
14. Which of the following does Drumm not say about Da?
(a) He's stupid.
(b) He's small in spirit.
(c) He's brilliant.
(d) He's no good.
15. Young Charlie tells Charlie that Mother and Da always _____________ around Drumm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary say she will do with Young Charlie?
2. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
3. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
4. What does Charlie realize after the scene with Mary?
5. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)