|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons did Drumm have?
2. Da tells Charlie that he never told him _______________.
(a) a lie.
(b) about his birth mother.
(c) he loved him.
(d) about sex.
3. What does Charlie feel keeps him from being successful?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) Memories of Da.
(c) Lack of education.
(d) No ambition.
4. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
(a) Charlie's suit.
(b) the weather.
(c) the neighbors.
(d) the Prime Minister.
5. Who appears just as Young Charlie and Mary are getting to know each other?
(b) Mary's father.
6. What does Mary become in Young Charlie's eyes?
(a) A person.
(b) A saint.
(c) A child.
(d) A whore.
7. What does Da tell adult Charlie about a particular cliff?
(a) The devil himself had visited it.
(b) He almost slipped and fell there one time.
(c) It is called Lover's Leap.
(d) A girl fell to her death there when he was a boy.
8. What is the name of the man Mother had loved?
9. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
(b) love affairs.
10. Why doesn't Young Charlie make a very good impression with Drumm?
(a) He keeps falling asleep.
(b) Da and Mother keep answering the questions.
(c) He has beer on his breath.
(d) He swears too much.
11. What is the reason for Young Charlie's letter?
(a) Declaration of love.
(b) Request to get married.
(c) Father's Day greeting.
(d) Gratitude for a job offer.
12. What does Mary do when Young Charlie puts his hand on her knee?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She screams.
(c) She puts her hand on his knee.
(d) She runs away.
13. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
14. What does Drumm advise Young Charlie not to talk about to anyone?
(a) His medical condition.
(b) His parents.
(c) His grades.
(d) His adoption.
15. What does Young Charlie want to be in his letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
2. What cannot be said about Da after this scene with Mary?
3. What does Mary say about her father?
4. What is Mary doing when Young Charlie and Oliver appear?
5. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)