|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
(b) Throws a vase against the wall.
(c) Runs out of the house.
(d) Beats on his Mother.
2. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
(a) Back at you, son.
(b) And I'm glad of it.
(c) Of course you do.
(d) Why shouldn't you?
3. In what terms does Young Charlie no longer view Mary?
(a) A chaste girl.
(b) The most beautiful girl he's ever seen.
(c) Just someone to have sex with.
(d) The love of his life.
4. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
(a) Runs after him.
(b) Clears the tea dishes.
(c) Cries herself to sleep.
(d) Calls the police.
5. Young Charlie's birth mother __________________.
(a) tried to abort him.
(b) kept him as long as she could.
(c) was too young to keep him.
(d) prayed for a good family for him.
6. In the first memory of Act 1, Part 4 what childhood memory does Charlie have?
(a) Playing cards with Da.
(b) Walking with Da.
(c) Playing pool with Da.
(d) Raking leaves with Da.
7. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
(a) Change his shirt.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Brush his teeth.
(d) Wash his hair.
8. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
(a) To offer condolences.
(b) To pick up mail.
(c) To return a shovel.
(d) To borrow a lawn mower.
9. What does Mary do after she says that she doesn't want to know where her father is?
(a) She stomps off.
(b) She cries.
(c) She changes the subject.
(d) She goes silent.
10. Who is the main character of DA?
11. Da appears and says that if there were room in his grave, he would _____________________.
(a) play solitaire.
(b) roll over in it.
12. Which of the following does Mary not do when Charlie rebuffs her?
(a) Leaves disappointed.
(b) Laughs at him.
(d) Calls him a name.
13. What does Charlie feel keeps him from being successful?
(a) Memories of Da.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) No ambition.
(d) Lack of education.
14. Who does Charlie say told him that what Da said about Charlie's birth mother wasn't true?
(b) His adoptive mother.
(c) His aunt.
15. What is Mary doing when Young Charlie and Oliver appear?
(a) Playing soccer.
(b) Praying in church.
(c) Studying at the library.
(d) Sitting on a bench reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
2. Who appears with Charlie at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
3. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
4. How does Mary respond to Da's question?
5. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)