|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell Young Charlie after Da leaves?
(a) He's nosy.
(b) He's an idiot.
(c) He's senile.
(d) He's a great guy.
2. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
(a) Roosevelt and the Americans.
(b) Churchill and the British.
(c) Hitler and the Germans.
(d) Stalin and the Russians.
3. In what country does DA take place?
4. How does Adult Charlie realize his Mother and Da expressed their love?
5. What is the name of the man Mother had loved?
6. Who is Oliver?
(a) Charlie's friend.
(b) Drumm's father-in-law.
(c) Charlie's son.
(d) Charlie's boss.
7. Which of the following does Mary not do when Charlie rebuffs her?
(b) Leaves disappointed.
(c) Calls him a name.
(d) Laughs at him.
8. Who has recently died?
(a) Oliver's father.
(b) Charlie's father.
(c) Charlie's mother.
(d) Charlie's son.
9. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
(a) the neighbors.
(b) the weather.
(c) Charlie's suit.
(d) the Prime Minister.
10. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A millstone.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) A real inspiration.
11. What does Mary become in Young Charlie's eyes?
(a) A child.
(b) A whore.
(c) A saint.
(d) A person.
12. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
(a) Back at you, son.
(b) And I'm glad of it.
(c) Why shouldn't you?
(d) Of course you do.
13. Charlie confronts Da, asking why he hadn't ever ____________________.
(a) stopped Mother.
(b) gone back to church.
(d) divorced Mother.
14. What is the reason for Young Charlie's letter?
(a) Declaration of love.
(b) Gratitude for a job offer.
(c) Father's Day greeting.
(d) Request to get married.
15. What does Young Charlie want to be in his letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
2. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
3. Where was Charlie when his father died?
4. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
5. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)