|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
(a) Cries herself to sleep.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Runs after him.
(d) Clears the tea dishes.
2. What does Mary say she will do with Young Charlie?
(b) Go out with him.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Ride bikes.
3. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
(a) learned to play chess.
(b) went to Spain.
(c) stood up to Da and Mother.
(d) made the rugby team.
4. Da appears and says that if there were room in his grave, he would _____________________.
(c) play solitaire.
(d) roll over in it.
5. Mother claimed that Da made a __________ out of Young Charlie.
6. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
(a) Brush his teeth.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Change his shirt.
(d) Wash his hair.
7. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 6 months.
8. How does Mary respond to Da's question?
(a) She tells him to mind his own business.
(b) She gets upset.
(c) She doesn't say anything.
(d) She laughs.
9. What does Mary do when Young Charlie puts his hand on her knee?
(a) She puts her hand on his knee.
(b) She screams.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She laughs.
10. Young Charlie's birth mother __________________.
(a) kept him as long as she could.
(b) tried to abort him.
(c) was too young to keep him.
(d) prayed for a good family for him.
11. Which of the following did Da not do while courting Mother?
(a) Said he wanted to marry her.
(b) Brought her flowers.
(c) Came to her house.
(d) Said he had a good job.
12. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
(a) Making tea.
(b) Ironing a shirt.
(c) Reading the paper.
13. What does Charlie tell Da about Mary?
(a) She was a straight-A student.
(b) He wanted to marry her.
(c) She was the oldest of ten children.
(d) Every boy in school wanted to be with her.
14. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
(a) Beats on his Mother.
(b) Runs out of the house.
(d) Throws a vase against the wall.
15. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A millstone.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A real inspiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Drumm given Da a couple of weeks before Da died?
2. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
3. What does Charlie remind Young Charlie about Drumm?
4. In what country does DA take place?
5. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)