|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell Young Charlie after Da leaves?
(a) He's a great guy.
(b) He's an idiot.
(c) He's nosy.
(d) He's senile.
2. Charlie says that he's more afraid of _____________ than he is of the devil.
(a) his birth mother taking him away.
(b) getting married.
(c) going to college
(d) flunking school.
3. Why did all the boys want to be with Mary?
(a) She really liked to drink beer.
(b) There were rumors that she let boys have sex with her.
(c) She had a great sense of humor.
(d) She loved watching rugby games.
4. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
(a) Playing cards.
5. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
(a) If he wants to go out for a beer.
(b) If he wants to play cards.
(c) If he can help him get Da's house.
(d) If he wants to come over for dinner.
6. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
(b) He refused to give him a reference.
(c) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
(d) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
7. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
(a) Young Charlie.
(c) Charlie Jr.
8. Mother claimed that Da made a __________ out of Young Charlie.
9. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
(a) He is going to sort out Da's papers.
(b) He wants to live in Da's house.
(c) He is going back to London.
(d) He has disposed of Da's belongings.
10. Which of the following did Da not do while courting Mother?
(a) Said he wanted to marry her.
(b) Came to her house.
(c) Brought her flowers.
(d) Said he had a good job.
11. Where does Drumm suggest that Da and Mother send Young Charlie?
(b) Boarding school.
12. How many sons did Drumm have?
13. Charlie confronts Da, asking why he hadn't ever ____________________.
(a) divorced Mother.
(b) gone back to church.
(c) stopped Mother.
14. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
15. What question does Charlie ask himself about his Mother?
(a) Why she married Da.
(b) Why she adopted him.
(c) Why she never drinks beer.
(d) Why she never loved him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adult Charlie realize his Mother and Da expressed their love?
2. Who is Oliver?
3. In what country does DA take place?
4. Which of the following do Charlie and Oliver not talk about?
5. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)