|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young woman who appears with Charlie in Act 1, Part 3?
2. What does Charlie call Oliver after Oliver leaves?
3. Young Charlie tells Charlie that Mother and Da always _____________ around Drumm.
4. Young Charlie's birth mother __________________.
(a) was too young to keep him.
(b) tried to abort him.
(c) prayed for a good family for him.
(d) kept him as long as she could.
5. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
(a) Charlie Jr.
(b) Young Charlie.
6. How does Mary respond to Da's question?
(a) She doesn't say anything.
(b) She tells him to mind his own business.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She gets upset.
7. Who is Oliver?
(a) Charlie's son.
(b) Charlie's boss.
(c) Charlie's friend.
(d) Drumm's father-in-law.
8. Da tells Charlie that he never told him _______________.
(a) about sex.
(b) he loved him.
(c) about his birth mother.
(d) a lie.
9. How did Mother respond to Da's marriage proposal?
(a) She said yes immediately.
(b) She told him no at first.
(c) She had no say in the matter.
(d) She said she would have to think about it.
10. Charlie confronts Da, asking why he hadn't ever ____________________.
(a) divorced Mother.
(c) stopped Mother.
(d) gone back to church.
11. In the first memory of Act 1, Part 4 what childhood memory does Charlie have?
(a) Playing pool with Da.
(b) Playing cards with Da.
(c) Raking leaves with Da.
(d) Walking with Da.
12. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
(a) If he can help him get Da's house.
(b) If he wants to go out for a beer.
(c) If he wants to play cards.
(d) If he wants to come over for dinner.
13. What does Mother tell Da to do with Young Charlie regarding the letter?
(a) Make him write another one.
(b) Make it longer.
(c) Make it shorter.
(d) Mail it before he changes it again.
14. What does Mary say about her father?
(a) He is at home with a work injury.
(b) He disappeared years ago.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He will be coming to pick her up soon.
15. How does Adult Charlie realize his Mother and Da expressed their love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of DA?
2. What does Da say will happen to Charlie's birth mother if she ever shows up?
3. What does Mary do when Young Charlie puts his hand on her knee?
4. What does Mary become in Young Charlie's eyes?
5. What had the doctor said when Young Charlie was born?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)