|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Drumm given Da a couple of weeks before Da died?
2. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
(a) Playing cards.
3. What is the reason for Young Charlie's letter?
(a) Father's Day greeting.
(b) Request to get married.
(c) Gratitude for a job offer.
(d) Declaration of love.
4. What does Mother tell Da to do with Young Charlie regarding the letter?
(a) Make him write another one.
(b) Make it longer.
(c) Mail it before he changes it again.
(d) Make it shorter.
5. Who appears just as Young Charlie and Mary are getting to know each other?
(d) Mary's father.
6. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
(a) Beats on his Mother.
(b) Throws a vase against the wall.
(d) Runs out of the house.
7. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
(a) And I'm glad of it.
(b) Back at you, son.
(c) Of course you do.
(d) Why shouldn't you?
8. Who is the main character of DA?
9. What does Mary do after she says that she doesn't want to know where her father is?
(a) She changes the subject.
(b) She goes silent.
(c) She stomps off.
(d) She cries.
10. Why did all the boys want to be with Mary?
(a) She had a great sense of humor.
(b) There were rumors that she let boys have sex with her.
(c) She really liked to drink beer.
(d) She loved watching rugby games.
11. In what terms does Young Charlie no longer view Mary?
(a) The love of his life.
(b) A chaste girl.
(c) Just someone to have sex with.
(d) The most beautiful girl he's ever seen.
12. In what country does DA take place?
13. "Da" is an Irish term for ____________.
14. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
15. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) He is too bright not to continue his education.
(b) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
(c) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
(d) International travel is character building.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last thing Young Charlie wanted was ______________________.
2. Who does Charlie say told him that what Da said about Charlie's birth mother wasn't true?
3. Why does Mother take the letter?
4. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
5. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)