|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Da say will happen to Charlie's birth mother if she ever shows up?
(a) She'll get the boot.
(b) She'll be asked for explanations.
(c) She'll be asked to dinner.
(d) She'll be free to see Charlie.
2. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
(a) Wash his hair.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Change his shirt.
(d) Brush his teeth.
3. What does Charlie remind Young Charlie about Drumm?
(a) He is a Chief Clerk.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He really respected him.
(d) He is an idiot.
4. How does Adult Charlie realize his Mother and Da expressed their love?
5. What is the name of the young woman who appears with Charlie in Act 1, Part 3?
6. Where does Oliver want Young Charlie to go with him?
(a) The pool hall.
(b) The rugby game.
(c) The library.
(d) The malt shop.
7. Charlie confronts Da, asking why he hadn't ever ____________________.
(a) stopped Mother.
(b) gone back to church.
(c) divorced Mother.
8. Who appears just as Young Charlie and Mary are getting to know each other?
(c) Mary's father.
9. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
(a) Of course you do.
(b) Back at you, son.
(c) And I'm glad of it.
(d) Why shouldn't you?
10. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
(d) love affairs.
11. What does Da ask Mary?
(a) Where her father is.
(b) If she wants to have dinner at their house.
(c) What kind of grades she gets.
(d) If she goes to church regularly.
12. In what terms does Young Charlie no longer view Mary?
(a) The most beautiful girl he's ever seen.
(b) Just someone to have sex with.
(c) The love of his life.
(d) A chaste girl.
13. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
(a) Playing poker at the club.
(b) Sleeping in bed.
(c) Drinking at the pub.
(d) Sitting in his childhood home.
14. What had the doctor said when Young Charlie was born?
(a) He wouldn't amount to much.
(b) He had the biggest head he ever saw on a baby.
(c) He was healthy as a horse.
(d) He almost died.
15. Who has recently died?
(a) Charlie's son.
(b) Charlie's father.
(c) Charlie's mother.
(d) Oliver's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last thing Young Charlie wanted was ______________________.
2. Which of the following do Charlie and Oliver not talk about?
3. Mother claimed that Da made a __________ out of Young Charlie.
4. What does Mother tell Da to do with Young Charlie regarding the letter?
5. Why did all the boys want to be with Mary?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)