|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
(b) Reading the paper.
(c) Ironing a shirt.
(d) Making tea.
2. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Clears the tea dishes.
(c) Runs after him.
(d) Cries herself to sleep.
3. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
(a) A millstone.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A real inspiration.
4. What name does Mary call Young Charlie?
(b) Daddy's Boy.
(c) Daddy's Little Baby.
(d) Son of a Bitch.
5. What does Charlie realize after the scene with Mary?
(a) He was a fool to have wanted her.
(b) He dodged a bullet by not getting involved with her.
(c) She was really ugly.
(d) Da didn't deliberately ruin his chances with her.
6. Who appears with Charlie at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A priest.
(c) His former wife.
(d) His birth mother.
7. What does Charlie call Oliver after Oliver leaves?
8. What does Da say will happen to Charlie's birth mother if she ever shows up?
(a) She'll get the boot.
(b) She'll be asked to dinner.
(c) She'll be asked for explanations.
(d) She'll be free to see Charlie.
9. What had Drumm given Da a couple of weeks before Da died?
10. What does Mother explain to Young Charlie about her life?
(a) She had been in love with someone else.
(b) She could not get pregnant.
(c) She loved him from the moment she saw him.
(d) She never really wanted children.
11. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
(a) love affairs.
12. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
(b) He refused to give him a reference.
(c) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
(d) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
13. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
(a) a done deal.
(b) a waste of time.
(c) a nuisance.
(d) a job interview.
14. In what country does DA take place?
15. Who does Charlie say told him that what Da said about Charlie's birth mother wasn't true?
(b) His aunt.
(c) His adoptive mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
2. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
3. The last thing Young Charlie wanted was ______________________.
4. As an adult, Charlie angrily says that he shouldn't love Da because he ______________.
5. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)