|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drumm advise Young Charlie not to talk about to anyone?
(a) His parents.
(b) His grades.
(c) His adoption.
(d) His medical condition.
2. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
(a) Runs out of the house.
(c) Beats on his Mother.
(d) Throws a vase against the wall.
3. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
(a) Young Charlie.
(c) Charlie Jr.
4. To whom is Young Charlie writing a letter?
5. Which of the following does Mary not do when Charlie rebuffs her?
(a) Laughs at him.
(c) Calls him a name.
(d) Leaves disappointed.
6. What does Da tell adult Charlie about a particular cliff?
(a) A girl fell to her death there when he was a boy.
(b) The devil himself had visited it.
(c) It is called Lover's Leap.
(d) He almost slipped and fell there one time.
7. Young Charlie's birth mother __________________.
(a) was too young to keep him.
(b) tried to abort him.
(c) prayed for a good family for him.
(d) kept him as long as she could.
8. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
(a) love affairs.
9. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
(a) Cries herself to sleep.
(b) Runs after him.
(c) Clears the tea dishes.
(d) Calls the police.
10. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
(a) Back at you, son.
(b) And I'm glad of it.
(c) Why shouldn't you?
(d) Of course you do.
11. What is the theme of DA as dramatized in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Once a loser, always a loser.
(b) Love your parents before they die.
(c) Beer and women should always be warm.
(d) There is no escaping the past.
12. What had the doctor said when Young Charlie was born?
(a) He wouldn't amount to much.
(b) He was healthy as a horse.
(c) He almost died.
(d) He had the biggest head he ever saw on a baby.
13. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 months.
14. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
15. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
(a) a new coat.
(b) some football tickets.
(c) driving lessons.
(d) a job reference.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has recently died?
2. What does Mother tell Da to do with Young Charlie regarding the letter?
3. In the first memory of Act 1, Part 4 what childhood memory does Charlie have?
4. What does Mary become in Young Charlie's eyes?
5. Where does Charlie's birth mother work?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)