Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Part 1
1. How does the play, DA, open?
2. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other and what do they talk about?
3. How does Da make his first appearance in the play?
4. What ulterior motive does Oliver have for coming to see Charlie after his Da died?
5. What does Da do when he appears the second time in the scene?
6. How does Young Charlie make his first appearance in the play?
This section contains 850 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)