|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mother respond to Da's marriage proposal?
(a) She said yes immediately.
(b) She told him no at first.
(c) She had no say in the matter.
(d) She said she would have to think about it.
2. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) International travel is character building.
(b) He is too bright not to continue his education.
(c) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
(d) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
3. Who is the woman who appears to Young Charlie in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) Mrs. Peavy.
(b) Mrs. Preston.
(c) Mrs. Priory.
(d) Mrs. Prynne.
4. What is "an Irishwoman's death"?
(a) While peeling potatoes.
(b) While drinking tea.
(c) While praying.
(d) While singing.
5. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
(a) Stalin and the Russians.
(b) Churchill and the British.
(c) Hitler and the Germans.
(d) Roosevelt and the Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da bring into the living room in the present memory?
2. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
3. "Da" is an Irish term for ____________.
4. Who is Oliver?
5. What does Da rifle through?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)