|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears with Charlie at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) His birth mother.
(b) A priest.
(c) His former wife.
(d) A young woman.
2. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
(b) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
(c) He refused to give him a reference.
(d) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
3. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A real inspiration.
(c) A millstone.
(d) A nuisance.
4. What does Mary do after she says that she doesn't want to know where her father is?
(a) She goes silent.
(b) She stomps off.
(c) She changes the subject.
(d) She cries.
5. What does Mary say about her father?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He will be coming to pick her up soon.
(c) He is at home with a work injury.
(d) He disappeared years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
2. What is Young Charlie doing as Mother talks to him about her life?
3. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
4. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
5. Where does Drumm ask Young Charlie to go with him?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)