|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young woman who appears with Charlie in Act 1, Part 3?
2. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
(b) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
(c) He refused to give him a reference.
(d) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
3. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
(a) Playing poker at the club.
(b) Sitting in his childhood home.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Drinking at the pub.
4. In the first memory of Act 1, Part 4 what childhood memory does Charlie have?
(a) Raking leaves with Da.
(b) Walking with Da.
(c) Playing cards with Da.
(d) Playing pool with Da.
5. Who takes the letter from Young Charlie?
Short Answer Questions
1. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
2. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
3. Who appears just as Young Charlie and Mary are getting to know each other?
4. What does Young Charlie want to be in his letter?
5. What does Mary say she will do with Young Charlie?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)