|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
(a) love affairs.
2. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
(b) International travel is character building.
(c) He is too bright not to continue his education.
(d) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
3. What does Mother explain to Young Charlie about her life?
(a) She had been in love with someone else.
(b) She could not get pregnant.
(c) She loved him from the moment she saw him.
(d) She never really wanted children.
4. Who is Oliver?
(a) Drumm's father-in-law.
(b) Charlie's friend.
(c) Charlie's son.
(d) Charlie's boss.
5. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
(a) stood up to Da and Mother.
(b) went to Spain.
(c) learned to play chess.
(d) made the rugby team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie's birth mother work?
2. Why does Mother take the letter?
3. Charlie confronts Da, asking why he hadn't ever ____________________.
4. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
5. Why does Mother not like Young Charlie's letter?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)