|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
(a) Playing poker at the club.
(b) Sitting in his childhood home.
(c) Drinking at the pub.
(d) Sleeping in bed.
2. As an adult, Charlie angrily says that he shouldn't love Da because he ______________.
(a) cheated on his mother.
(b) betrayed him.
(c) let him down too many times.
(d) is a liar.
3. What cannot be said about Da after this scene with Mary?
(a) He was open hearted.
(b) He was chatty.
(c) He was vindictive.
(d) He was friendly.
4. Who appears with Charlie at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A priest.
(c) His former wife.
(d) His birth mother.
5. What is Mary doing when Young Charlie and Oliver appear?
(a) Playing soccer.
(b) Praying in church.
(c) Sitting on a bench reading.
(d) Studying at the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother take the letter?
2. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
3. In the first memory of Act 1, Part 4 what childhood memory does Charlie have?
4. Which of the following do Charlie and Oliver not talk about?
5. In what country does DA take place?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)