|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Charlie ask himself about his Mother?
(a) Why she married Da.
(b) Why she never loved him.
(c) Why she never drinks beer.
(d) Why she adopted him.
2. Where does Drumm suggest that Da and Mother send Young Charlie?
(d) Boarding school.
3. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
(a) To borrow a lawn mower.
(b) To pick up mail.
(c) To offer condolences.
(d) To return a shovel.
4. What had the doctor said when Young Charlie was born?
(a) He wouldn't amount to much.
(b) He almost died.
(c) He was healthy as a horse.
(d) He had the biggest head he ever saw on a baby.
5. Da appears and says that if there were room in his grave, he would _____________________.
(a) play solitaire.
(d) roll over in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlie confronts Da, asking why he hadn't ever ____________________.
2. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
3. What is Mary doing when Young Charlie and Oliver appear?
4. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
5. Where does Oliver want Young Charlie to go with him?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)