|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
(d) love affairs.
2. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
(a) Roosevelt and the Americans.
(b) Stalin and the Russians.
(c) Churchill and the British.
(d) Hitler and the Germans.
3. What does Mary do when Young Charlie puts his hand on her knee?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She screams.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She puts her hand on his knee.
4. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
(a) Sitting in his childhood home.
(b) Sleeping in bed.
(c) Drinking at the pub.
(d) Playing poker at the club.
5. Why doesn't Young Charlie make a very good impression with Drumm?
(a) Da and Mother keep answering the questions.
(b) He swears too much.
(c) He has beer on his breath.
(d) He keeps falling asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for Young Charlie's letter?
2. Who is Oliver?
3. To whom is Young Charlie writing a letter?
4. What does Mary say about her father?
5. What does Da ask Mary?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)