|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother tell Da to do with Young Charlie regarding the letter?
(a) Make it longer.
(b) Make it shorter.
(c) Mail it before he changes it again.
(d) Make him write another one.
2. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
(a) Sitting in his childhood home.
(b) Drinking at the pub.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Playing poker at the club.
3. What does Da say when Charlie tells him he loves him?
(a) And I'm glad of it.
(b) Back at you, son.
(c) Why shouldn't you?
(d) Of course you do.
4. How did Mother respond to Da's marriage proposal?
(a) She had no say in the matter.
(b) She said she would have to think about it.
(c) She said yes immediately.
(d) She told him no at first.
5. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
(a) the Prime Minister.
(b) the weather.
(c) the neighbors.
(d) Charlie's suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears with Charlie at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
2. Young Charlie tells Charlie that Mother and Da always _____________ around Drumm.
3. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
4. What does Mary become in Young Charlie's eyes?
5. What is the name of the man Mother had loved?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)