|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie tell Da about Mary?
(a) She was the oldest of ten children.
(b) He wanted to marry her.
(c) Every boy in school wanted to be with her.
(d) She was a straight-A student.
2. The last thing Young Charlie wanted was ______________________.
(a) to have sex.
(b) to be with a person.
(c) to get engaged.
(d) to fall in love.
3. What is the theme of DA as dramatized in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Beer and women should always be warm.
(b) There is no escaping the past.
(c) Once a loser, always a loser.
(d) Love your parents before they die.
4. What is Young Charlie determined to do?
(a) Ask Mary out.
(b) Get better grades.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Get a job.
5. What is the reason for Young Charlie's letter?
(a) Declaration of love.
(b) Gratitude for a job offer.
(c) Request to get married.
(d) Father's Day greeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Young Charlie writing a letter?
2. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
3. Young Charlie tells Charlie that Mother and Da always _____________ around Drumm.
4. Why does Mother take the letter?
5. What does Da tell adult Charlie about a particular cliff?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)