|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) International travel is character building.
(b) He is too bright not to continue his education.
(c) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
(d) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
2. In what terms does Young Charlie no longer view Mary?
(a) The love of his life.
(b) Just someone to have sex with.
(c) A chaste girl.
(d) The most beautiful girl he's ever seen.
3. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
(a) Brush his teeth.
(b) Wash his hair.
(c) Change his shirt.
(d) Take a shower.
4. What does Charlie call Oliver after Oliver leaves?
5. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
(a) Hitler and the Germans.
(b) Stalin and the Russians.
(c) Roosevelt and the Americans.
(d) Churchill and the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
2. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
3. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
4. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
5. What is the theme of DA as dramatized in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)