|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mary begin to respond positively to Young Charlie?
(a) When he tells her a joke.
(b) When he puts his hand on her knee.
(c) When he buys her a coffee.
(d) When he sings to her.
2. Where does Drumm suggest that Da and Mother send Young Charlie?
(b) Boarding school.
3. Who is Oliver?
(a) Charlie's boss.
(b) Charlie's son.
(c) Charlie's friend.
(d) Drumm's father-in-law.
4. What does Charlie realize after the scene with Mary?
(a) He dodged a bullet by not getting involved with her.
(b) He was a fool to have wanted her.
(c) Da didn't deliberately ruin his chances with her.
(d) She was really ugly.
5. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
(c) love affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
2. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
3. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
4. What is the name of the young woman who appears with Charlie in Act 1, Part 3?
5. What does Charlie call Oliver after Oliver leaves?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)