|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
(a) Hitler and the Germans.
(b) Roosevelt and the Americans.
(c) Stalin and the Russians.
(d) Churchill and the British.
2. What does Mary become in Young Charlie's eyes?
(a) A saint.
(b) A whore.
(c) A person.
(d) A child.
3. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
(a) a nuisance.
(b) a done deal.
(c) a waste of time.
(d) a job interview.
4. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) He is too bright not to continue his education.
(b) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
(c) International travel is character building.
(d) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
5. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
(a) Playing poker at the club.
(b) Drinking at the pub.
(c) Sitting in his childhood home.
(d) Sleeping in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Young Charlie decide to do instead of going out with Mary?
2. Da begged for a job to get money for __________________.
3. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
4. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
5. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)