|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
(b) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
(c) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
(d) He refused to give him a reference.
2. How does Mary respond to Da's question?
(a) She doesn't say anything.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She tells him to mind his own business.
(d) She gets upset.
3. What does Charlie realize after the scene with Mary?
(a) She was really ugly.
(b) He dodged a bullet by not getting involved with her.
(c) He was a fool to have wanted her.
(d) Da didn't deliberately ruin his chances with her.
4. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
5. Where does Drumm ask Young Charlie to go with him?
(a) To the office.
(b) For a walk.
(c) To a rugby game.
(d) To the pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
2. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
3. Who is Oliver?
4. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
5. What name does Mary call Young Charlie?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)