|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
(a) learned to play chess.
(b) went to Spain.
(c) made the rugby team.
(d) stood up to Da and Mother.
2. What cannot be said about Da after this scene with Mary?
(a) He was vindictive.
(b) He was chatty.
(c) He was friendly.
(d) He was open hearted.
3. What does Young Charlie decide to do instead of going out with Mary?
(a) Meet Oliver at the pool hall.
(b) Help his Mother with chores.
(c) Play cards with some buddies.
(d) Have a few beers at the pub.
4. When does Mary begin to respond positively to Young Charlie?
(a) When he sings to her.
(b) When he buys her a coffee.
(c) When he tells her a joke.
(d) When he puts his hand on her knee.
5. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
(a) To offer condolences.
(b) To return a shovel.
(c) To pick up mail.
(d) To borrow a lawn mower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
2. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
3. What does Charlie remind Young Charlie about Drumm?
4. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
5. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)