|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) He is too bright not to continue his education.
(b) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
(c) International travel is character building.
(d) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
2. What had Drumm given Da a couple of weeks before Da died?
3. When does Mary begin to respond positively to Young Charlie?
(a) When he buys her a coffee.
(b) When he sings to her.
(c) When he tells her a joke.
(d) When he puts his hand on her knee.
4. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
(b) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
(c) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
(d) He refused to give him a reference.
5. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of DA as dramatized in Act 1, Part 1?
2. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
3. How does Mary respond to Da's question?
4. What does Charlie call Oliver after Oliver leaves?
5. What does Mary say she will do with Young Charlie?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)