|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of DA as dramatized in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Love your parents before they die.
(b) There is no escaping the past.
(c) Beer and women should always be warm.
(d) Once a loser, always a loser.
2. Where does Drumm suggest that Da and Mother send Young Charlie?
(b) Boarding school.
3. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
(c) love affairs.
4. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Clears the tea dishes.
(c) Cries herself to sleep.
(d) Runs after him.
5. What does Mother reveal to Drumm which is overheard by Young Charlie?
(a) Young Charlie has a terminal illness.
(b) Young Charlie was adopted.
(c) Young Charlie is not bright enough to go to college.
(d) Young Charlie is being sent back to his birth parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie feel keeps him from being successful?
2. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other?
3. What does Da ask Mary?
4. The last thing Young Charlie wanted was ______________________.
5. Why did all the boys want to be with Mary?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)