|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do Charlie and Oliver not talk about?
(a) Girls they dated.
(b) Movies they saw.
(c) School subjects they liked.
(d) Expressions they used.
2. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
(a) Stalin and the Russians.
(b) Roosevelt and the Americans.
(c) Churchill and the British.
(d) Hitler and the Germans.
3. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
(b) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
(c) International travel is character building.
(d) He is too bright not to continue his education.
4. What does Charlie feel keeps him from being successful?
(a) Memories of Da.
(b) Lack of education.
(c) No ambition.
(d) Bad luck.
5. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
(a) If he wants to play cards.
(b) If he wants to come over for dinner.
(c) If he wants to go out for a beer.
(d) If he can help him get Da's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the doctor said when Young Charlie was born?
2. What does Mary do after she says that she doesn't want to know where her father is?
3. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
4. What does Mary say about her father?
5. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)