|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) He is too bright not to continue his education.
(b) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
(c) International travel is character building.
(d) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
2. What does Mother reveal to Drumm which is overheard by Young Charlie?
(a) Young Charlie has a terminal illness.
(b) Young Charlie is being sent back to his birth parents.
(c) Young Charlie is not bright enough to go to college.
(d) Young Charlie was adopted.
3. What does Charlie remind Young Charlie about Drumm?
(a) He really respected him.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He is an idiot.
(d) He is a Chief Clerk.
4. Where does Drumm suggest that Da and Mother send Young Charlie?
(b) Boarding school.
5. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
(a) the Prime Minister.
(b) Charlie's suit.
(c) the neighbors.
(d) the weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
2. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
3. Charlie confronts Da, asking why he hadn't ever ____________________.
4. Da begged for a job to get money for __________________.
5. Who has recently died?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)