|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
(a) To borrow a lawn mower.
(b) To pick up mail.
(c) To return a shovel.
(d) To offer condolences.
2. Charlie confronts Da, asking why he hadn't ever ____________________.
(a) divorced Mother.
(b) gone back to church.
(d) stopped Mother.
3. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
(b) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
(c) International travel is character building.
(d) He is too bright not to continue his education.
4. Why doesn't Young Charlie make a very good impression with Drumm?
(a) He keeps falling asleep.
(b) He has beer on his breath.
(c) Da and Mother keep answering the questions.
(d) He swears too much.
5. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Da begged for a job to get money for __________________.
2. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
3. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
4. Where does Drumm ask Young Charlie to go with him?
5. What had Drumm given Da a couple of weeks before Da died?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)