|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) He is too bright not to continue his education.
(b) International travel is character building.
(c) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
(d) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
2. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
3. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He refused to give him a reference.
(b) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
(c) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
(d) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
4. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
(a) a job interview.
(b) a done deal.
(c) a waste of time.
(d) a nuisance.
5. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
(a) He is going back to London.
(b) He has disposed of Da's belongings.
(c) He is going to sort out Da's papers.
(d) He wants to live in Da's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Da" is an Irish term for ____________.
2. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
3. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
4. Which of the following do Charlie and Oliver not talk about?
5. Why doesn't Young Charlie make a very good impression with Drumm?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)