|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
(b) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
(c) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
(d) He refused to give him a reference.
2. Who is Oliver?
(a) Charlie's son.
(b) Drumm's father-in-law.
(c) Charlie's friend.
(d) Charlie's boss.
3. Which of the following do Charlie and Oliver not talk about?
(a) Movies they saw.
(b) School subjects they liked.
(c) Expressions they used.
(d) Girls they dated.
4. Who has recently died?
(a) Oliver's father.
(b) Charlie's father.
(c) Charlie's son.
(d) Charlie's mother.
5. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) International travel is character building.
(b) He is too bright not to continue his education.
(c) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
(d) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drumm advise Young Charlie not to talk about to anyone?
2. What does Mother reveal to Drumm which is overheard by Young Charlie?
3. Mother claimed that Da made a __________ out of Young Charlie.
4. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
5. "Da" is an Irish term for ____________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)