|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Young Charlie's birth mother __________________.
(a) prayed for a good family for him.
(b) kept him as long as she could.
(c) tried to abort him.
(d) was too young to keep him.
2. What is the theme of DA as dramatized in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) Once a loser, always a loser.
(b) Beer and women should always be warm.
(c) Love your parents before they die.
(d) There is no escaping the past.
3. Charlie confronts Da, asking why he hadn't ever ____________________.
(a) gone back to church.
(c) divorced Mother.
(d) stopped Mother.
4. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
(d) Playing cards.
5. What had the doctor said when Young Charlie was born?
(a) He was healthy as a horse.
(b) He had the biggest head he ever saw on a baby.
(c) He wouldn't amount to much.
(d) He almost died.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does DA take place?
2. What does Charlie remind Young Charlie about Drumm?
3. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
4. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
5. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)