|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
2. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
(b) Reading the paper.
(c) Making tea.
(d) Ironing a shirt.
3. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
(a) learned to play chess.
(b) stood up to Da and Mother.
(c) made the rugby team.
(d) went to Spain.
4. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
(b) He refused to give him a reference.
(c) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
(d) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
5. What does Mother reveal to Drumm which is overheard by Young Charlie?
(a) Young Charlie was adopted.
(b) Young Charlie has a terminal illness.
(c) Young Charlie is not bright enough to go to college.
(d) Young Charlie is being sent back to his birth parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
2. How many sons did Drumm have?
3. Where was Charlie when his father died?
4. Da begged for a job to get money for __________________.
5. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)