|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
(d) Playing cards.
2. Which of the following does Drumm not say about Da?
(a) He's brilliant.
(b) He's no good.
(c) He's stupid.
(d) He's small in spirit.
3. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
(a) Runs after him.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Cries herself to sleep.
(d) Clears the tea dishes.
4. What does Mother reveal to Drumm which is overheard by Young Charlie?
(a) Young Charlie has a terminal illness.
(b) Young Charlie was adopted.
(c) Young Charlie is not bright enough to go to college.
(d) Young Charlie is being sent back to his birth parents.
5. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
(a) Churchill and the British.
(b) Hitler and the Germans.
(c) Roosevelt and the Americans.
(d) Stalin and the Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
2. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
3. Who has recently died?
4. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
5. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)