|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
(a) driving lessons.
(b) a job reference.
(c) a new coat.
(d) some football tickets.
2. What is the theme of DA as dramatized in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) There is no escaping the past.
(b) Once a loser, always a loser.
(c) Beer and women should always be warm.
(d) Love your parents before they die.
3. What does Charlie remind Young Charlie about Drumm?
(a) He is an idiot.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He really respected him.
(d) He is a Chief Clerk.
4. Which of the following does Drumm not say about Da?
(a) He's stupid.
(b) He's brilliant.
(c) He's no good.
(d) He's small in spirit.
5. Da begged for a job to get money for __________________.
(a) clothes for Young Charlie.
(b) Mother's medical bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
2. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
3. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
4. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
5. Da reappears and talks about the funeral and _________________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)