|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) He is too bright not to continue his education.
(b) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
(c) International travel is character building.
(d) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
2. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He refused to give him a reference.
(b) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
(c) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
(d) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
3. What does Oliver ask Charlie before leaving?
(a) If he wants to go out for a beer.
(b) If he wants to come over for dinner.
(c) If he can help him get Da's house.
(d) If he wants to play cards.
4. What does Charlie feel keeps him from being successful?
(a) Memories of Da.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Lack of education.
(d) No ambition.
5. Young Charlie tells Charlie that Mother and Da always _____________ around Drumm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Drumm suggest that Da and Mother send Young Charlie?
2. Who is the main character of DA?
3. Where was Charlie when his father died?
4. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
5. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)