|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
(a) Beats on his Mother.
(b) Throws a vase against the wall.
(c) Runs out of the house.
2. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
(a) To return a shovel.
(b) To borrow a lawn mower.
(c) To pick up mail.
(d) To offer condolences.
3. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
(a) He gave Young Charlie beer before his interview.
(b) He was late in taking Young Charlie to his interview.
(c) He talked too much about Hitler in front of Drumm.
(d) He refused to give him a reference.
4. What does Mother reveal to Drumm which is overheard by Young Charlie?
(a) Young Charlie has a terminal illness.
(b) Young Charlie is not bright enough to go to college.
(c) Young Charlie was adopted.
(d) Young Charlie is being sent back to his birth parents.
5. What does Drumm advise Young Charlie not to talk about to anyone?
(a) His medical condition.
(b) His grades.
(c) His parents.
(d) His adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Oliver?
2. Who is the main character of DA?
3. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
4. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
5. What is the theme of DA as dramatized in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)