|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
2. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
(a) a new coat.
(b) some football tickets.
(c) a job reference.
(d) driving lessons.
3. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
(a) He has disposed of Da's belongings.
(b) He is going back to London.
(c) He is going to sort out Da's papers.
(d) He wants to live in Da's house.
4. Drumm's visit with Young Charlie is essentially _____________________.
(a) a done deal.
(b) a nuisance.
(c) a waste of time.
(d) a job interview.
5. Why does Drumm think Young Charlie should be sent away?
(a) There aren't a lot of jobs available in Ireland.
(b) International travel is character building.
(c) There are more opportunities in a bigger country.
(d) He is too bright not to continue his education.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Da" is an Irish term for ____________.
2. Why does Mother think that Da ruined Young Charlie's chances for a job?
3. Which girl always believed that Oliver would be a great man?
4. What does Mother reveal to Drumm which is overheard by Young Charlie?
5. What had Drumm given Da a couple of weeks before Da died?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)