|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
(a) Drinking at the pub.
(b) Sitting in his childhood home.
(c) Playing poker at the club.
(d) Sleeping in bed.
2. Drumm tells Young Charlie that __________ are harder to get out of than get into.
(a) love affairs.
3. What does Mother do when Young Charlie runs away?
(a) Clears the tea dishes.
(b) Cries herself to sleep.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Runs after him.
4. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
(a) stood up to Da and Mother.
(b) went to Spain.
(c) made the rugby team.
(d) learned to play chess.
5. What is Charlie's tone as he listens to his Mother speak about him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
2. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
3. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
4. How long has it been since Charlie and Oliver have seen each other?
5. What had the doctor said when Young Charlie was born?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)