|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
(a) A millstone.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A real inspiration.
(d) A blessing.
2. What had the doctor said when Young Charlie was born?
(a) He was healthy as a horse.
(b) He wouldn't amount to much.
(c) He almost died.
(d) He had the biggest head he ever saw on a baby.
3. Da appears and says that if there were room in his grave, he would _____________________.
(b) roll over in it.
(c) play solitaire.
4. Which of the following does Drumm not say that Charlie has?
(c) New car.
(d) Self-professed superior mind.
5. Where does Oliver want Young Charlie to go with him?
(a) The library.
(b) The malt shop.
(c) The rugby game.
(d) The pool hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Young Charlie decide to do instead of going out with Mary?
2. What does Da ask Mary?
3. When does Mary begin to respond positively to Young Charlie?
4. What is the reason for Young Charlie's letter?
5. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)