|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
(a) Drinking at the pub.
(b) Playing poker at the club.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Sitting in his childhood home.
2. What does Mary say she will do with Young Charlie?
(b) Ride bikes.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Go out with him.
3. What does Mary tell Young Charlie after Da leaves?
(a) He's senile.
(b) He's nosy.
(c) He's a great guy.
(d) He's an idiot.
4. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
(a) went to Spain.
(b) made the rugby team.
(c) learned to play chess.
(d) stood up to Da and Mother.
5. What does Charlie remind Young Charlie about Drumm?
(a) He really respected him.
(b) He is an idiot.
(c) He is a Chief Clerk.
(d) He is wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Young Charlie make a very good impression with Drumm?
2. Who appears just as Young Charlie and Mary are getting to know each other?
3. What is Young Charlie determined to do?
4. Who appears with Charlie at the beginning of Act 1, Part 3?
5. Which of the following does Mary not do when Charlie rebuffs her?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)