|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie tell Da about Mary?
(a) She was the oldest of ten children.
(b) She was a straight-A student.
(c) Every boy in school wanted to be with her.
(d) He wanted to marry her.
2. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
(b) Playing cards.
3. Charlie confronts Da, asking why he hadn't ever ____________________.
(a) divorced Mother.
(c) gone back to church.
(d) stopped Mother.
4. What does Mary do after she says that she doesn't want to know where her father is?
(a) She changes the subject.
(b) She goes silent.
(c) She cries.
(d) She stomps off.
5. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
(a) some football tickets.
(b) driving lessons.
(c) a new coat.
(d) a job reference.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
2. What does Charlie say that Da had been for all of Charlie's life?
3. What does Mary tell Young Charlie after Da leaves?
4. Why doesn't Young Charlie make a very good impression with Drumm?
5. In what terms does Young Charlie no longer view Mary?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)