|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
(a) Ironing a shirt.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Making tea.
2. What does Charlie tell Da about Mary?
(a) Every boy in school wanted to be with her.
(b) She was a straight-A student.
(c) She was the oldest of ten children.
(d) He wanted to marry her.
3. Why has Oliver stopped at Charlie's father's house?
(a) To borrow a lawn mower.
(b) To offer condolences.
(c) To return a shovel.
(d) To pick up mail.
4. What is Young Charlie determined to do?
(a) Ask Mary out.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Get better grades.
(d) Get a job.
5. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
(a) He wants to live in Da's house.
(b) He has disposed of Da's belongings.
(c) He is going back to London.
(d) He is going to sort out Da's papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Drumm given Da a couple of weeks before Da died?
2. Which of the following do Charlie and Oliver not talk about?
3. What does Charlie's mother want Charlie to do before Drumm arrives?
4. Why doesn't Young Charlie make a very good impression with Drumm?
5. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)