|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Young Charlie do when he hears that he was adopted?
(a) Beats on his Mother.
(c) Throws a vase against the wall.
(d) Runs out of the house.
2. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
(a) Ironing a shirt.
(b) Reading the paper.
(d) Making tea.
3. What does Mary become in Young Charlie's eyes?
(a) A whore.
(b) A saint.
(c) A child.
(d) A person.
4. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
(a) Playing cards.
5. Where is Charlie as the play opens?
(a) Drinking at the pub.
(b) Playing poker at the club.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Sitting in his childhood home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother claimed that Da made a __________ out of Young Charlie.
2. Da appears and says that if there were room in his grave, he would _____________________.
3. What does Mother reveal to Drumm which is overheard by Young Charlie?
4. What is the name of the young woman who appears with Charlie in Act 1, Part 3?
5. What does Drumm advise Young Charlie not to talk about to anyone?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)