|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Young Charlie make a very good impression with Drumm?
(a) He has beer on his breath.
(b) He swears too much.
(c) Da and Mother keep answering the questions.
(d) He keeps falling asleep.
2. Why did all the boys want to be with Mary?
(a) She had a great sense of humor.
(b) There were rumors that she let boys have sex with her.
(c) She really liked to drink beer.
(d) She loved watching rugby games.
3. Charlie comments that Young Charlie never _________________.
(a) stood up to Da and Mother.
(b) went to Spain.
(c) made the rugby team.
(d) learned to play chess.
4. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
(a) Stalin and the Russians.
(b) Roosevelt and the Americans.
(c) Hitler and the Germans.
(d) Churchill and the British.
5. Who is Charlie's younger self in the play?
(a) Charlie Jr.
(c) Young Charlie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Da ask Mary?
2. What does Mother reveal to Drumm which is overheard by Young Charlie?
3. Which of the following does Charlie not tell Da?
4. "Da" is an Irish term for ____________.
5. Da appears and says that if there were room in his grave, he would _____________________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)