|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ritual does Da have trouble with?
(a) Ironing a shirt.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Making tea.
2. What does Mary do after she says that she doesn't want to know where her father is?
(a) She goes silent.
(b) She cries.
(c) She changes the subject.
(d) She stomps off.
3. What does Charlie realize after the scene with Mary?
(a) He was a fool to have wanted her.
(b) He dodged a bullet by not getting involved with her.
(c) Da didn't deliberately ruin his chances with her.
(d) She was really ugly.
4. Da says that there will be plenty of jobs when ____________ takes over.
(a) Stalin and the Russians.
(b) Hitler and the Germans.
(c) Roosevelt and the Americans.
(d) Churchill and the British.
5. How long does Charlie say he had intended to stay at the job at Drumm's?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Young Charlie make a very good impression with Drumm?
2. Which of the following was not a big part of Da's life?
3. Charlie recalls when Drumm had come to give him _______________.
4. "Da" is an Irish term for ____________.
5. Which of the following does Mary not do when Charlie rebuffs her?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)