|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
2. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
3. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
4. Who does D-Day portray as being cowardly?
5. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
2. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
3. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
4. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
5. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
6. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
7. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
8. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
9. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
10. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Operation Fortitude was an integral part of the success of D-Day.
Essay Topic 2
Considering how the plans had to be quickly abandoned once the invasion began, what purpose if any do the months of planning serve?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the errors made by the Allies on D-Day. What would have made the greatest difference to the outcome, particularly to the loss of life, if it had been done differently?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)