|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
2. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
3. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
4. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
5. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Operation Fortitude was an integral part of the success of D-Day.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the enormous task of committing this historical day to the page. What effect is created with the divisions of chapters? Where do the chapter titles originate? What is the overall effect for the reader created by Ambrose?
Essay Topic 3
How does using the memories of the men who took part in D-Day affect the integrity of the narrative? What are some possible distortions or misrepresentations in Ambrose's telling of D-Day?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)