|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the medics on D-Day are actually what?
2. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
3. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
4. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
5. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does using the memories of the men who took part in D-Day affect the integrity of the narrative? What are some possible distortions or misrepresentations in Ambrose's telling of D-Day?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the divisions among lines of nationality, ethnicity, and faith among the Allied troops.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the preparation for the invasion made by the Germans and the Allies. What explains the Germans' lackadaisical approach to preparing for the coming Allied invasion?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)