|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
2. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
3. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
4. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
5. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
Essay Topic 1
Considering how the plans had to be quickly abandoned once the invasion began, what purpose if any do the months of planning serve?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Operation Fortitude was an integral part of the success of D-Day.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the errors made by the Allies on D-Day. What would have made the greatest difference to the outcome, particularly to the loss of life, if it had been done differently?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)