Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
2. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
3. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
4. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
5. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
Essay Topic 1
The reporter Ernie Pyle said, "We did it with every advantage on the enemy's side and every disadvantage on ours." What are the advantages of the German Army? What are the disadvantages for the Allies? How does this make the victory more miraculous and the loss more devastating?
Essay Topic 2
How does D-Day change the parameters of modern warfare? What lessons of D-Day can be applied to the wars of today?
Essay Topic 3
How does the image of a young soldier beside someone whose dead hand bobs, "Cornelia Otis Skinner's Our Hearts Were Young and Gay" capture the essence of what happened on D-day?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)