|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
2. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
3. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
4. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
5. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
2. What happens to Capt. John Tillett and his prized carrier pigeons?
3. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
4. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
5. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
6. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
7. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
8. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
9. Why do the Germans surrender Utah beach?
10. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the days before the battle on the German side versus all that was going on with the Allies. What are the German leaders doing in those early days of June 1944 versus the flurry of activities on the Allies' part?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the unifying themes of the book.
Essay Topic 3
It is said that the war was won with British brains and American brawn. What are the differences between the armed forces of the two countries and how do their strengths and weaknesses contribute to victory?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)