|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
2. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
3. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
4. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
5. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
2. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
3. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
4. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
5. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
6. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
7. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
8. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
9. What is the "best ally" the Allies had lost by dawn of D-Day?
10. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Considering how the plans had to be quickly abandoned once the invasion began, what purpose if any do the months of planning serve?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the unifying themes of the book.
Essay Topic 3
The reporter Ernie Pyle said, "We did it with every advantage on the enemy's side and every disadvantage on ours." What are the advantages of the German Army? What are the disadvantages for the Allies? How does this make the victory more miraculous and the loss more devastating?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)