|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
2. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
3. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
4. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
5. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the home fronts and the dramatic changes the war brought to the fabric of the various nations involved.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Operation Fortitude was an integral part of the success of D-Day.
Essay Topic 3
Is Ambrose a fair narrator, giving his momentous subject the historical perspective and personal touch it calls for?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)