Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
2. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
3. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
4. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
5. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
Essay Topic 1
It is said that the war was won with British brains and American brawn. What are the differences between the armed forces of the two countries and how do their strengths and weaknesses contribute to victory?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the days before the battle on the German side versus all that was going on with the Allies. What are the German leaders doing in those early days of June 1944 versus the flurry of activities on the Allies' part?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Operation Fortitude was an integral part of the success of D-Day.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)