|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many phases has the Assault Training Center broken down into?
2. What is the real name of the sexy-voiced Ohio girl known as "Axis Sally"?
3. What are the troops given to communicate with each other once they are on the ground?
4. What does the French girl leading Maj. A. J. C. Rosevear and his team to the bridges want them to blow up instead?
5. The U.S. 2nd and 5th Ranger battalions are composed of volunteers known as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first movement of the invasion?
2. What roles do Rommel and Eisenhower have in World War I?
3. What are the similarities in the backgrounds of Eisenhower and Rommel?
4. Why does Hitler order German physicists to abandon work on developing the atomic bomb?
5. While the Allies train obsessively, how are the Germans conducting training?
6. What happens with the three bridges the Allies had predetermined to destroy in the opening phase of the invasion?
7. How does Hitler misjudge the need for fighter jets over bombers?
8. How does the French Resistance help the Allies as they prepare for D-Day?
9. What are the "sausages" the Allies refer to?
10. What are the two problems the Allies face when planning to fight the Germans on the French coast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does D-Day change the parameters of modern warfare? What lessons of D-Day can be applied to the wars of today?
Essay Topic 2
Is Ambrose a fair narrator, giving his momentous subject the historical perspective and personal touch it calls for?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Operation Fortitude was an integral part of the success of D-Day.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)