|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Allied code name for the planned invasion for the spring of 1944?
2. What are the best of the young German recruits called?
3. Where do Roosevelt and Churchill meet with Stalin in 1943?
4. Who is the biggest advocate of the Oil Plan?
5. What are the "Landing Craft, Vehicle and Personnel" (LCVP) also known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hitler believe an Anglo-American offensive poses a greater threat to Germany than the Russians?
2. What roles do Rommel and Eisenhower have in World War I?
3. Who is Pvt. Franz Gockel and what is his view the morning of the invasion?
4. What are the plans for taking Omaha beach?
5. How is the "Transportation Plan" viewed by experts after the war?
6. How are Black American soldiers treated during World War II?
7. How are the Allied troops entertained in the weeks leading up to the invasion?
8. How does the French Resistance help the Allies as they prepare for D-Day?
9. How do the British and American armies differ?
10. What efforts does Rommel make to defend the French coastline in addition to the Atlantic Wall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Ambrose a fair narrator, giving his momentous subject the historical perspective and personal touch it calls for?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the unifying themes of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Considering how the plans had to be quickly abandoned once the invasion began, what purpose if any do the months of planning serve?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)