|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
2. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
3. The Atlantic Wall could be considered the greatest _________ in military history.
4. What does UDT stand for?
(a) Undercover Destroyer Teams.
(b) Underwater Detonation Technique.
(c) Undercover Deception Timetable.
(d) Underwater Demolition Teams.
5. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
(a) 25 kilometers.
(b) 12 kilometers.
(c) 10 kilometers.
(d) 2 kilometers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does LCA stand for?
2. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
3. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
4. Who is the first American to stand atop the bluffs?
5. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
2. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
3. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
4. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
5. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
6. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
7. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
8. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
9. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
10. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)