|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
2. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
3. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
(a) Visiting his wife.
(b) With his girlfriend.
(c) In jail.
4. Who aids in the Allies holding Pegasus Bridge?
(a) French Resistance.
(b) British Navy.
(c) American paratroopers.
(d) Canadian tanks.
5. What does OWI stand for?
(a) Office of War Interrogation.
(b) Official War Information.
(c) Official Work Interaction.
(d) Office of War Information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
2. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
3. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
4. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
5. How high are the French hedgerows?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
2. What do Americans criticize the British for after the events of D-Day are analyzed?
3. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
4. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
5. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
6. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
7. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
8. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
9. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
10. What is the "best ally" the Allies had lost by dawn of D-Day?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)