|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
(a) Wheat fields.
(b) A moonscape.
(c) Cow pastures.
2. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
(a) Dead bodies.
(b) Shoals and shale.
(c) Ammunition packs.
(d) Landing craft ramps.
3. What does ECB stand for?
(a) Echo Combat Boats.
(b) Engineer Company Boats.
(c) Engineer Combat Battalions.
(d) Echo Company Battalions.
4. Which beach do the Canadians take?
5. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
(b) Friendly fire.
(d) Being taken prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
2. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
3. How long does it take the Germans to erect the Atlantic Wall?
4. How many troops drop into Normandy on D-Day?
5. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Capt. John Tillett and his prized carrier pigeons?
2. Who is the "Sergeant York of World War II"?
3. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
4. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
5. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
6. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
7. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
8. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
9. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
10. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)