|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 1000 tons.
(b) 100 tons.
(c) 2000 tons.
(d) 200 tons.
2. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
(a) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) Distinguished Service Cross.
(c) Presidental Award.
(d) Purple Heart.
3. Which beach do the Canadians take?
4. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
5. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
2. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
3. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
4. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
5. What does ECB stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
2. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
3. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
4. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
5. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
6. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
7. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
8. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
9. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
10. Why do the Germans surrender Utah beach?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)