|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 100 tons.
(b) 1000 tons.
(c) 2000 tons.
(d) 200 tons.
2. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
3. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
4. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
5. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(b) Tall tale.
(c) Captain Dan.
(d) Sergeant York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are sent with Sgt. Harrison Summers to capture the German barracks WXYZ?
2. By nightfall on D-Day, there are 25,000 men ashore at the cost of how many casualties?
3. How many men are under General Bradley's command?
4. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
5. How high are the French hedgerows?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
2. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
3. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
4. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
5. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
6. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
7. What is the "best ally" the Allies had lost by dawn of D-Day?
8. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
9. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
10. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)