|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high are the French hedgerows?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 15 feet.
(c) 1.5 feet.
(d) 6-12 feet.
2. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
(a) Freedom Fighters.
(d) Flying Fortresses.
3. What does UDT stand for?
(a) Underwater Detonation Technique.
(b) Undercover Destroyer Teams.
(c) Underwater Demolition Teams.
(d) Undercover Deception Timetable.
4. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
(a) Mae Wests.
5. By nightfall on D-Day, there are 25,000 men ashore at the cost of how many casualties?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which beach do the Canadians take?
2. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
3. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
4. What does LCA stand for?
5. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
2. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
3. Why do the Germans surrender Utah beach?
4. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
5. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
6. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
7. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
8. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
9. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
10. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)