|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
2. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
(a) A moonscape.
(b) Cow pastures.
(d) Wheat fields.
3. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) We will remember.
(b) We are staying here.
(c) Never give up.
(d) Never surrender.
4. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(a) Les Moulins.
5. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(a) Tall tale.
(b) Sergeant York.
(d) Captain Dan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
2. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
3. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
4. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
5. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)