|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does ECB stand for?
(a) Echo Company Battalions.
(b) Echo Combat Boats.
(c) Engineer Company Boats.
(d) Engineer Combat Battalions.
2. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Augusta.
(b) USS Texas.
(c) USS Savannah.
(d) USS Ancon.
3. Which beach do the Canadians take?
4. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
5. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
(b) Freedom Fighters.
(c) Flying Fortresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
2. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
3. Who does D-Day portray as being cowardly?
4. How long does it take the Germans to erect the Atlantic Wall?
5. Many of the medics on D-Day are actually what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
2. What happens to Capt. John Tillett and his prized carrier pigeons?
3. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
4. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
5. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
6. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
7. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
8. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
9. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
10. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)