|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
(a) Letters to the troops.
(c) War bonds.
2. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
3. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
(a) Military police.
(b) The Office of Military Personnel.
(c) Western Union.
(d) A Priest.
4. Who aids in the Allies holding Pegasus Bridge?
(a) Canadian tanks.
(b) American paratroopers.
(c) British Navy.
(d) French Resistance.
5. What accidentally gets eaten in England before they can be put aboard a plane to Normandy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
2. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
3. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
4. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
5. By nightfall on D-Day, there are 25,000 men ashore at the cost of how many casualties?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
2. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
3. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
4. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
5. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
6. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
7. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
8. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
9. What happens to Capt. John Tillett and his prized carrier pigeons?
10. What is the "best ally" the Allies had lost by dawn of D-Day?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)