|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
(a) Civil engineers.
(b) Ranger Company.
(c) Fighter pilots.
(d) 82nd Airborne.
2. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
3. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
4. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Savannah.
(b) USS Texas.
(c) USS Ancon.
(d) USS Augusta.
5. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(a) Captain Dan.
(b) Sergeant York.
(c) Tall tale.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
2. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
3. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
4. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
5. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
2. Who is the "Sergeant York of World War II"?
3. What do Americans criticize the British for after the events of D-Day are analyzed?
4. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
5. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
6. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
7. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
8. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
9. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
10. Why do the Germans surrender Utah beach?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)