|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(b) Tall tale.
(c) Sergeant York.
(d) Captain Dan.
2. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Texas.
(b) USS Ancon.
(c) USS Savannah.
(d) USS Augusta.
3. What does ECB stand for?
(a) Echo Combat Boats.
(b) Engineer Company Boats.
(c) Echo Company Battalions.
(d) Engineer Combat Battalions.
4. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
(b) Les Moulins.
5. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
(a) Fighter pilots.
(b) 82nd Airborne.
(c) Ranger Company.
(d) Civil engineers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
2. What does UDT stand for?
3. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
4. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
5. Who does D-Day portray as being cowardly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
2. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
3. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
4. Why do the Germans surrender Utah beach?
5. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
6. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
7. What do Americans criticize the British for after the events of D-Day are analyzed?
8. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
9. Who is the "Sergeant York of World War II"?
10. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)