|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
(a) Never surrender.
(b) We will remember.
(c) Never give up.
(d) We are staying here.
2. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
(a) 1000 tons.
(b) 100 tons.
(c) 200 tons.
(d) 2000 tons.
3. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
(a) Landing craft ramps.
(b) Ammunition packs.
(c) Dead bodies.
(d) Shoals and shale.
4. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(a) Sergeant York.
(b) Captain Dan.
(d) Tall tale.
5. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(a) Les Moulins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
2. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
3. Many of the medics on D-Day are actually what?
4. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
5. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)