|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
2. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
3. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
4. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Two days.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Two hours.
5. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 5th Ranger Battalion's objective?
2. How long does it take the Germans to erect the Atlantic Wall?
3. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
4. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
5. How many men are under General Bradley's command?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the "Sergeant York of World War II"?
2. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
3. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
4. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
5. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
6. Why do the Germans surrender Utah beach?
7. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
8. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
9. What do Americans criticize the British for after the events of D-Day are analyzed?
10. What happens to Capt. John Tillett and his prized carrier pigeons?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)