|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
2. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
(a) Ranger Company.
(b) 82nd Airborne.
(c) Civil engineers.
(d) Fighter pilots.
3. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
4. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
(a) War bonds.
(d) Letters to the troops.
5. What do the Canadians give away to other troops because they expect to be evacuated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
2. What poet does Ambrose quote on the last page of the book?
3. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
4. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
5. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)