|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
2. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
(b) Ste. Marie-du-Mont.
(c) La Madeleine.
3. What does LCA stand for?
(a) Landing Craft Auxillery.
(b) Landing Craft, Assurance.
(c) Landing Craft Advisory.
(d) Landing Craft, Assault.
4. Lt. Col. James Earl Rudder is the leader of ___________.
(a) Ranger Company.
(b) Civil engineers.
(c) 82nd Airborne.
(d) Fighter pilots.
5. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ambrose starts the chapter about the home front with a story about boys from ________ getting ready to ship out.
2. How long does it take the Germans to erect the Atlantic Wall?
3. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
4. What does OWI stand for?
5. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Germans surrender Utah beach?
2. What happens to Capt. John Tillett and his prized carrier pigeons?
3. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
4. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
5. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
6. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
7. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
8. What do Americans criticize the British for after the events of D-Day are analyzed?
9. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
10. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)