|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does OWI stand for?
(a) Official Work Interaction.
(b) Official War Information.
(c) Office of War Interrogation.
(d) Office of War Information.
2. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
(a) Cow pastures.
(b) Wheat fields.
(c) A moonscape.
3. How many men are sent with Sgt. Harrison Summers to capture the German barracks WXYZ?
4. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
(b) Letters from the front.
5. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
Short Answer Questions
1. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
2. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
3. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
4. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
5. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the "Sergeant York of World War II"?
2. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
3. What do Americans criticize the British for after the events of D-Day are analyzed?
4. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
5. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
6. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
7. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
8. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
9. What happens to Capt. John Tillett and his prized carrier pigeons?
10. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)