|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
(a) 12 kilometers.
(b) 10 kilometers.
(c) 25 kilometers.
(d) 2 kilometers.
2. What is the code name for the two Allied submarines that cross the Channel two days early?
3. Which beach do the Canadians take?
4. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Texas.
(b) USS Ancon.
(c) USS Augusta.
(d) USS Savannah.
5. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
(a) Letters to the troops.
(b) War bonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accidentally gets eaten in England before they can be put aboard a plane to Normandy?
2. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
3. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
4. What does OWI stand for?
5. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Americans criticize the British for after the events of D-Day are analyzed?
2. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
3. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
4. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
5. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
6. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
7. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
8. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
9. What happens to Capt. John Tillett and his prized carrier pigeons?
10. Who is the "Sergeant York of World War II"?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)