|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
2. The British Airborne Division was criticized for not pushing into ________.
3. Which beach do the Canadians take?
4. What does ECB stand for?
(a) Echo Company Battalions.
(b) Engineer Company Boats.
(c) Engineer Combat Battalions.
(d) Echo Combat Boats.
5. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Two days.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
2. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
3. Interrogators threaten to turn the German POWs over to whom?
4. The landscape at the top of the cliffs reminds the Ranger Company of what?
5. At what hour does Rommel hear of the invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the "Sergeant York of World War II"?
2. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
3. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
4. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
5. What happens to Capt. John Tillett and his prized carrier pigeons?
6. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
7. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
8. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
9. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
10. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)