|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are sent with Sgt. Harrison Summers to capture the German barracks WXYZ?
2. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
3. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
(d) Mae Wests.
4. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
5. The Atlantic Wall could be considered the greatest _________ in military history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the 2,400 tons of supplies scheduled to reach Omaha Beach, how much gets ashore?
2. What is the deepest the Allies penetrate the French coast on D-Day?
3. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
4. The objective of Ranger Company is taking ___________.
5. What does "Nous Restons Ici" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
2. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
3. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
4. Who is the "Sergeant York of World War II"?
5. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
6. What do Americans criticize the British for after the events of D-Day are analyzed?
7. What happens to Capt. John Tillett and his prized carrier pigeons?
8. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
9. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
10. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)