|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(d) Les Moulins.
2. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
3. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(b) Sergeant York.
(c) Captain Dan.
(d) Tall tale.
4. How do most Americans get their news about the war?
(b) Letters from the front.
5. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
(b) Visiting his wife.
(c) In jail.
(d) With his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
2. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
3. How high are the French hedgerows?
4. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
5. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the "Sergeant York of World War II"?
2. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
3. What is the "best ally" the Allies had lost by dawn of D-Day?
4. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
5. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
6. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
7. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
8. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
9. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
10. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)