|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
2. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(c) Les Moulins.
3. At what hour do most of the tanks roll ashore?
4. What do the troops use to blow holes in the barbed wire?
5. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does D-Day portray as being cowardly?
2. How high are the French hedgerows?
3. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
4. Who aids in the Allies holding Pegasus Bridge?
5. How many men are under General Bradley's command?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
2. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
3. How does World War II dramatically change the lives of women on the home front?
4. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
5. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
6. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
7. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
8. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
9. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
10. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)