|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Sherman tanks also know as?
2. Who is commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War I?
(a) General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) General John J. Pershing.
(c) Colonel George Marshall.
(d) General George Patton.
3. Where is the command post of General Bradley?
(a) USS Texas.
(b) USS Savannah.
(c) USS Augusta.
(d) USS Ancon.
4. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
(a) Military police.
(b) A Priest.
(c) Western Union.
(d) The Office of Military Personnel.
5. What causes most of the casualties on Utah Beach?
(c) Artillery fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Ranger Company to get most of the men to the top of the cliffs at Omaha?
2. Who does D-Day portray as being cowardly?
3. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
4. Where is the one German general who would have disobeyed Hitler and launched a tank counter attack?
5. What does UDT stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
2. What is the "best ally" the Allies had lost by dawn of D-Day?
3. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
4. How do the warships contribute to D-Day?
5. What is the story of Jacqueline Thornton on Sword Beach?
6. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
7. Why do the Germans surrender Utah beach?
8. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
9. Who is the "Sergeant York of World War II"?
10. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)