Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which German commander is faulted for the Allies taking Omaha Beach?
2. What is Sgt. Harrison Summers awarded for his bravery in taking the German barracks?
(a) Presidental Award.
(b) Distinguished Service Cross.
(c) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) Purple Heart.
3. What does UDT stand for?
(a) Underwater Demolition Teams.
(b) Undercover Destroyer Teams.
(c) Underwater Detonation Technique.
(d) Undercover Deception Timetable.
4. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
(a) Shoals and shale.
(b) Landing craft ramps.
(c) Dead bodies.
(d) Ammunition packs.
5. "Potato masher" is the troops' name for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the naval demolition teams?
2. By nightfall on D-Day, there are 25,000 men ashore at the cost of how many casualties?
3. The Red Cross in America collects a record amount of _________ on D-Day.
4. What do the troops call their inflatable life vests?
5. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)