|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
(a) Operating room.
(b) Bar brawl.
(c) Hollywood western.
(d) Chicago slaughterhouse.
2. What do many of the troops use as a shield on the beaches?
(a) Landing craft ramps.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Ammunition packs.
(d) Shoals and shale.
3. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
(a) Les Moulins.
4. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
5. What does LCA stand for?
(a) Landing Craft Advisory.
(b) Landing Craft, Assurance.
(c) Landing Craft, Assault.
(d) Landing Craft Auxillery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are "Hobart's Funnies"?
2. How many men are sent with Sgt. Harrison Summers to capture the German barracks WXYZ?
3. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
4. In the closing paragraph of the book, Eisenhower says D-Day was fought for __________.
5. People at home wait and pray that who does not knock on their door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Allies' mistakes during D-Day?
2. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
3. How is the situation with the wounded on D-Day unique in military history?
4. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
5. What is the "best ally" the Allies had lost by dawn of D-Day?
6. Who are the POWs that the 2nd Battalion, 16th Regiment see being lead toward them at first light?
7. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
8. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
9. What happens to Capt. John Tillett and his prized carrier pigeons?
10. How does Eisenhower describe his feelings to Walter Cronkite 20 years after the invasion?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)