|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has knocked out Jahnke's fortifications at Exit 2?
(b) Flying Fortresses.
(c) Freedom Fighters.
2. Sgt. Harrison Summers became known as the _____ of World War II.
(a) Sergeant York.
(c) Captain Dan.
(d) Tall tale.
3. How many weeks after D-Day do the Allies capture Caen?
4. What does the 12th Infantry, 8th Regiment worry about more than snipers as they try to meet up with the 82nd Airborne?
(b) Friendly fire.
(c) Being taken prisoner.
5. Which German commander is wounded by shrapnel and taken aboard an Allied medical ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes the objective of the 1st Army Division?
2. What is the approximate number of Allied casualties from D-Day?
3. The 5th Ranger Battalion sets up its command post outside of __________.
4. The scene at Easy Red is likened to what?
5. Who aids in the Allies holding Pegasus Bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Rangers of the 116th A Company quickly lose their cockiness as they approach Omaha Beach?
2. How is the movie The Longest Day inaccurate?
3. How is Omaha Beach constituted to give advantage to the Germans?
4. Who is the "Sergeant York of World War II"?
5. What else is happening with the Eisenhower family on June 6, 1944?
6. How do the Canadian divisions fare on Juno Beach?
7. What happens when a signalman mistakenly thinks the Vierville steeple is an observation point?
8. How does Captain Rich assemble his plane after arriving on Omaha Beach?
9. How does "Rangers Lead the Way" become an official motto?
10. What do Americans criticize the British for after the events of D-Day are analyzed?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)